Author Topic: STAR FIELD: OMELETTE DU FROMAGE  (Read 3135 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
STAR FIELD: OMELETTE DU FROMAGE
« on: August 31, 2023, 08:59:40 AM »
Bethesda sisters, we are so back!

©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Re: STAR FIELD: OMELETTE DU FROMAGE
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 12:09:33 PM »
nevermind, 7/10 game, mods pls lock this thread
©@©™

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 07:16:13 AM »
Can you even customise your genitals like Baldur's Gate 3?
itm

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 08:16:19 AM »
Holy shit this game is so good.

Also lol ign giving Watch Dogs legion an 8 but this is a 7 sure guys

When Jeff Gerstmann likes it and reccommends it, you know its a fucking good game

Especially after how he ended up hating Fallout 4.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 08:45:11 AM by MMaRsu »
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 08:25:03 AM »
Play Sea Of Stars instead!
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 08:44:53 AM »
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2023, 09:16:58 AM »

I'm playing this - Don't play Sea of Stars. I cant believe how many people are cumming over this generic fucking game. Go play Chrono Trigger again instead
fat

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023, 09:23:26 AM »
Speaking of which, did anyone play Chained Echoes? I bought it haven't booted it up yet.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2023, 09:30:26 AM »
They both suck - these indie JRPGs are so wack. Go replay the classics
fat

Svejk

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2023, 09:51:24 AM »
Got this downloaded.  Gonna give it a whirl on my laptop and see how it runs on there.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2023, 10:03:26 AM »
Got this downloaded.  Gonna give it a whirl on my laptop and see how it runs on there.

There's a dlss mod too

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/111?tab=files
What

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2023, 10:10:04 AM »
Enjoyed the first hour when I finally got in last night. Will be back at it after work.

The shooting is pretty good and thats with the crappy starter gun :titus
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2023, 06:30:18 PM »
All this early access nonsense makes no sense.
Play 5 days early by purchasing the 35 Euro Premium Upgrade with a nice Steelbook, which does not include the game and can only be used to early unlock the GamePass/Standard Digital Edition and not the physical version.
:wut

Why not just launch it September 1st or include the full game with the Steelbook.  :doge

On PC there doesn't seem to be an upgrade thingie and you can only play it early with the $109 premium edition or whatever.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 06:44:26 PM by Nintex »
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2023, 06:41:56 AM »
No the game is play anywhere so if u get the upgrade its for everything

If you wanna get it just get the Premium Upgrade I think
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2023, 09:42:01 AM »
Ok, who wants to cum  :mouf

🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2023, 11:05:40 AM »
Starfield is absolutely Bethesda's best game of all time so far, better than Skyrim if you ask me. All the hate for it online is insane. Some people want/expect a game on this scope to have the graphics of Cyberpunk 2077, a fully seamless open universe without any loading screens, the cinematic direction of RDR2, the combat of Call of Duty and the spaceflight of Elite Dangerous.

Fucking L.M.A.O
What

Svejk

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2023, 02:19:18 PM »
Bore’s, help me remain composed, as the ordeal of PC gaming comes wafting back in.

Got Staruhfieldz installed and loaded.  I set graphics to High.  It shows it defaulted to use FSR2 (?) .  Is that something that’s similar to DLSS?  I’m getting too old and grumpy and impatient to learn shit.
 :whatisthis
The other thing that immediately triggers my frustrations is trying to deal with fucking audio.  I want to play this on my tv naturally.  I can hook up my laptop to it ok by placing it on a chair.  But I want to use  either my DS4 or DualSense.  This is always an issue because I have to use headphones to play.  Why can’t it just work like it does on consoles?  Internet never gives a straight answer and trouble shooting just wastes so much of my damn time.  I download and install DS4Windows, but then it prompts me to download some driver to run DS4Windows.. The controller works, but no audio coming through the headphone jack even when wired via USB (even though people on the internet say it does).  Spent another 20 minutes trouble shooting audio settings.. trying to figure out if it’s a DS4 Windows setting, Starfield setting, laptop setting, device setting (possibly a Steam setting too, but not playing on Steam).  Jesus I hate this shit.  A controller is everything in gaming.. Why must it be so cumbersome to get one to work on a PC the way it’s meant to be used? And no, I’m not going to buy a POS XB controller. Yuck.

Needless to say, I couldn’t try it yet because I spent over 30 minutes of my precious gaming time just getting it to work … which still hasn’t been solved.  It was already close to 5am, so I needed to go to sleep.   Not sure if I need to look into downloading nexus or vortex just to have performance settings.  Just another damn thing to download and install, configure, etc.  My old man-ness overrides my techy nerdyness, by far.  Why can’t I just plug and play.
 :rage

Gonna give it another try tonight.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2023, 02:37:55 PM »
Bore’s, help me remain composed, as the ordeal of PC gaming comes wafting back in.

Got Staruhfieldz installed and loaded.  I set graphics to High.  It shows it defaulted to use FSR2 (?) .  Is that something that’s similar to DLSS?  I’m getting too old and grumpy and impatient to learn shit.
The other thing that immediately triggers my frustrations is trying to deal with fucking audio.  I want to play this on my tv naturally.  I can hook up my laptop to it ok by placing it on a chair.  But I want to use  either my DS4 or DualSense.  This is always an issue because I have to use headphones to play.  Why can’t it just work like it does on consoles?  Internet never gives a straight answer and trouble shooting just wastes so much of my damn time.  I download and install DS4Windows, but then it prompts me to download some driver to run DS4Windows.. The controller works, but no audio coming through the headphone jack even when wired via USB (even though people on the internet say it does).  Spent another 20 minutes trouble shooting audio settings.. trying to figure out if it’s a DS4 Windows setting, Starfield setting, laptop setting, device setting (possibly a Steam setting too, but not playing on Steam).  Jesus I hate this shit.  A controller is everything in gaming.. Why must it be so cumbersome to get one to work on a PC the way it’s meant to be used? And no, I’m not going to buy a POS XB controller. Yuck.

Needless to say, I couldn’t try it yet because I spent over 30 minutes of my precious gaming time just getting it to work … which still hasn’t been solved.  It was already close to 5am, so I needed to go to sleep.   Not sure if I need to look into downloading nexus or vortex just to have performance settings.  Just another damn thing to download and install, configure, etc.  My old man-ness overrides my techy nerdyness, by far.  Why can’t I just plug and play.

Yes, FSR is the AMD equivalent to DLSS.

What is your headphone issue?  Not following you here.  Why can't you just plug in headphones to the laptop directly?

And yes, you should get an Xbox controller.  Doesn't have to MS- get an 8Bitdo one.  Go X-Input and it will just work.  Let that Playstation shit go, my friend- it is time.  :P
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2023, 02:47:16 PM »
I'll get this when goty edition drops. Not trusting game reviews
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2023, 03:04:21 PM »

That's why I opted for the Xbox version, I just can't get PC -> TV work flawlessly. There is always something going on, either with the audio, dual monitor set-up or what have you.
Although I have to say the bootleg Nvidia shield streaming comes close.

As far as Starfield goes, aight so far. I picked the Space Scoundrel class and made a cute introverted she/her who will commit genocide on a large scale and gaslight everyone while doing it.
Graphics aren't mindblowing but I love the retro space aesthetic. I guess this is what our world would look like if Microsoft and Apple were beaten by IBM and XEROX and Steve Jobs was rounded up in a DEA raid.

Gunplay is fine, I think need to tinker with the aiming speed a bit though. Also I feel like I'm sort of moving too fast. It certainly has that Bethesda jank.
The one thing I don't care for is the mining and scanning. I would rather just "press A" instead of melting rocks with a laser or mine from Orbit like Mass Effect.

Overall Bethesda just stuck with what they know works. I think it's best to pace yourself with this game.
You'll probably get burned out really quickly if you go for all the map markers and scan completions.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2023, 03:32:54 PM »

That's why I opted for the Xbox version, I just can't get PC -> TV work flawlessly. There is always something going on, either with the audio, dual monitor set-up or what have you.
Although I have to say the bootleg Nvidia shield streaming comes close.

???

I just plugged my PC into the TV via HDMI and have never had a problem.  Games run great at 4K/120hz.  Dat OLED :lawd
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2023, 03:33:46 PM »
I'll get this when goty edition drops. Not trusting game reviews

This isn't something I'd think about getting until there's a shitload of mods to make it fun.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2023, 05:54:56 PM »
What is your headphone issue?  Not following you here.  Why can't you just plug in headphones to the laptop directly?

And yes, you should get an Xbox controller.  Doesn't have to MS- get an 8Bitdo one.  Go X-Input and it will just work.  Let that Playstation shit go, my friend- it is time.  :P
I can, but setting up the laptop to sit a certain distance from the tv via HDMI, while sitting near it enough to have headphones plugged in is a just a clunky set up to get into.  Same problem with playing Switch on my TV.  I do have a headphone cord extender now because of the Switch, so I can just use that I suppose... Having audio just come through your controller is so damn convenient.  Maybe some day I'll get BT earbuds/headphones, but just not there yet.   TBH, it's easier setting up the PSVR1 to play than the laptop.  :lol

And yeah, the PS controllers are still the best.  :hans1

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2023, 06:12:21 PM »

Install this dlss mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/111?tab=files

Also install this fps boost mod, it gave me 20+fps extra in cities to the point that Im over 60fps on a mix of high medium settings in New Atlantis. Still looks amazing.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/290?tab=description

I also installed this custom LUT so there is no washed out look

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/323

DS4 windows lets you use the DS4 as a controller, but I dont think there is a way to also use it as a headphone on PC at least.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2023, 08:52:42 PM »
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2023, 09:18:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/GatorShins/status/1697925333582790799

OH SHIT ONIONS  :o

I don't even know what you're talking about, but a quick google turned this up:

Fallout 4 (2015)

Starfield (2023)

:idont

Number one mistake: Buying Starfield lolamirite
 :whatsthedeal

:rimshot
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 09:22:28 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2023, 09:21:50 PM »
Don't install that DLSS mod, Svejk- your PC is all-AMD.

I can, but setting up the laptop to sit a certain distance from the tv via HDMI, while sitting near it enough to have headphones plugged in is a just a clunky set up to get into.  Same problem with playing Switch on my TV.  I do have a headphone cord extender now because of the Switch, so I can just use that I suppose... Having audio just come through your controller is so damn convenient.  Maybe some day I'll get BT earbuds/headphones, but just not there yet.   TBH, it's easier setting up the PSVR1 to play than the laptop.  :lol

You're gonna need BT headphones that don't have lag, too.  I was looking at some 'gamer' earbuds but ended up getting good set of wired IEMs because the battery life on them is total shit.  But this isn't an issue with headphones to my understanding.

And yeah, the PS controllers are still the best.  :hans1

8Bitdo, my friend, 8Bitdo.  Get their ultimate controller and it will work with just about anything.  Plus hall effect sticks.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2023, 09:22:05 PM »
This honestly looks good and the reaction seems to be less because it's bad but because of wrong expectations :yeshrug
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2023, 09:24:19 PM »
This honestly looks good and the reaction seems to be less because it's bad but because of wrong expectations :yeshrug

Yeah.  It's another overhyped "AAA" game that didn't live up to whatever expectations some people had.  It's a Bethesda game- you know what to expect. 

I have to wonder if Baldur's Gate 3 had something to do with people being less than impressed.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 09:28:22 PM by bork »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2023, 09:26:12 PM »
Good point on BG3
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2023, 09:28:31 PM »
It's also definitely the kind of game where it's better to wait a while for them to patch it actually finish the game.  Just like Cyberpunk.

I still have yet to play that- will finally start when that DLC finally drops.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2023, 04:47:15 AM »

Yeah.  It's another overhyped "AAA" game that didn't live up to whatever expectations some people had.  It's a Bethesda game- you know what to expect. 

I have to wonder if Baldur's Gate 3 had something to do with people being less than impressed.

Everybody knew what to expect.

Morons just made unrealistic expectations based on absolutely nothing. No prerelease footage nothing indicated the game is anything other than what it is.

Have you played it bork? I wouldnt wait at all. The game isnt that buggy, i've encountered 1 bug and 0 crashes so far. Some npc pathing issues too.

Like most people say its their most polished game.

Also George Broussard weighs in what a boss

https://twitter.com/georgebsocial/status/1697977558417990128
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2023, 05:43:18 AM »
https://twitter.com/GatorShins/status/1697925333582790799

OH SHIT ONIONS  :o

I don't even know what you're talking about, but a quick google turned this up:

Fallout 4 (2015)

(Image removed from quote.)

Starfield (2023)

:idont

Number one mistake: Buying Starfield lolamirite
 :whatsthedeal

:rimshot

what are you talking about dude lmao

This game looks leagues ahead of Fallout 4.

Random NPC on a rooftop bar

vs

Piper in Fallout 4 (pretty 'big' npc for a town)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 07:48:03 AM by MMaRsu »
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2023, 06:51:12 AM »
After playing it and reading the commentary about Starfield I've noticed a couple of things. People positive on the game acknowledge the flaws (no 'real' space travel, some bugs, not the best graphics) but they see these as positives: "just the right ammount of jank", "I can just press a button", "It actually looks like a videogame not a movie", "videogames are so back". I read a post on a Dutch board of a 45 year old couple that played the game for 10 hours straight.

I went out and bought the Steelbook Upgrade because I just enjoy that feeling of picking up a highly anticipated videogame on launch day. The store literally got a single copy (the guy was even surprised they had it) because no one does this anymore, which brings me to my point.

Bethesda either knows their audience really well or they just now finished a game that was supposed to ship a decade ago. Whatever the case, this game like the retro aesthetic is "old school". People that give the game high marks simply love that it brings back that Fallout 3/4, Mass Effect style game without significant changes to the formula or a big multiplayer component. When I started it I felt this wave nostalgia hit me as I was searching every nook and cranny in the opening area for another audio log because after I found #2 there had to be a #1. The game simply stopped in its tracks to let me do that until I spoke to a very specific NPC and activate the next event. A little later I landed on a planet, made my way to a hidden enemy base, got my ass kicked and the game put me back at where I landed 10 minutes earlier.

People that really dislike it, simply aren't the audience for this game. They don't want to immersive themselves in a new universe, learn the lore and search the cupboards. They don't want consequences of death they want instant saves and retry. They want bite sized set pieces, cinematics and real-time simulations. They don't want to play alone with a shitty companion AI, they want to play it like an MMO. They don't want to mine rocks but instead they want to buy tokens and buy the cool shit they want. They want their ship to crash into the atmosphere with a loud bang as the controller vibrates like crazy not press a button to land.

So if you look at it from the perspective of being this ground breaking next-generation game you will probably land on a 7/10 perhaps even lower. However, if you look at it from the perspective of an old-school Bethesda experience this is probably one of their most complete and polished experiences at launch.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2023, 07:46:19 AM »
Wow I just hit a quest that has the option to do something thats even more insane than blowing up Megaton.

I can't go for that option in this playthrough because I'm not roleplaying as an absolute psycho but wow

Very Trek like quest too

Bonus photo

« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 07:50:47 AM by MMaRsu »
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2023, 07:53:07 AM »
This is easily the best I've liked a beth game since fallout 3 about 8 hours in.

And yeah if you were expecting the ultimate space sim lol @ u for being an idiot yet again, but if you wanted a better playing fallout in space (or a non shit outer worlds) you should thoroughly enjoy it.

Seems like the game some people were expecting was Star Citizen :girlaff
(ice)

Himu

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2023, 10:05:12 AM »
In all the advertisement for this game I've never seen it once advertise itself as the ultimate space sim. I'm so shocked at the expectations. Bethesda game in space is all I've ever expected lmao. I might play this around December or January. Screams winter game for me.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2023, 10:26:15 AM »
Quote from: MMaRsu link=topic=48535.msg3108738#msg3108738

Have you played it bork? I wouldnt wait at all. The game isnt that buggy, i've encountered 1 bug and 0 crashes so far. Some npc pathing issues too.

Nah, I don't have much interest in this game.  I think Bethesda games are pretty boring apart from loading them up with crazy mods.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2023, 10:26:47 AM »

I definitely think Starfield is a victim of this year having so many banger releases. Might be best year for games since 2008.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 10:32:50 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2023, 10:30:11 AM »

I definitely think Starfield is a victim. If this year having so many banger releases. Might be best year for games since 2008.

I dunno- I mean if say, IGN gives it a 7, that's not terrible.  People just lose their shit if it's not a 9 or 10.  Fanboy idiocy.  Who cares, tbh?  As long as the game isn't outright broken I don't care about what numbers some rando assigned to it.  This is the same site that rated God Hand 3/10, afterall.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 10:35:09 AM by bork »
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2023, 10:30:22 AM »
Its absolutely a 'victim' of console warring at least. Not to mention the angry 'woke' warriors angry about pronouns being an option.

Either way, the fact that npc's remind you if you are taking too long to respond is funny. I was high af and took too long to respond and he was like hey are u still here and ive got shit to do 😂
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2023, 10:36:38 AM »
Its absolutely a 'victim' of console warring at least. Not to mention the angry 'woke' warriors angry about pronouns being an option.

That wouldn't have any effect review scores.  Again- who cares?  Why waste your time on that garbage?  Just play it and enjoy.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2023, 11:14:33 AM »

That wouldn't have any effect review scores.  Again- who cares?  Why waste your time on that garbage?  Just play it and enjoy.

Im not talking about the review scores lol I'm talking about the 'outrage' going on about it on Twitter and YT comments and all the 'outrage'  videos that get made about it.

I honestly don't care what some guy from IGN had to say about it, all I can say is that I feel a 7 is unfair in this day and age. When games come out filled to the brim with uninteresting content like an Assassins Creed Odyssey, which I put 30/40 hours into for sure. But in the end a generic game, with generic voice acting, uninteresting NPC's and quests that are often also not very impressive.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/assassins-creed-odyssey

When this game has a 86 meta, I mean cmon. Reviewers are always subjective and I just play what I think I'll enjoy but scores are just stupid most of the time. Bonus pic of random NPC guard

What

Svejk

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2023, 12:15:27 PM »
Wish I had a bit more time to share my thoughts, but this game is great... If it were a bit more playable.  What I mean is that I spent almost 30% of my time trying to tune the whack control settings. Holy shit, the left stick movement was hyper sensitive, where just barely touching it/resting my thumb on it caused movement. Zero dead zone.  Why is there no specific setting for this? If there is, it's called something else.  Was using DS4windows with the dual sense via bt.  Ran the headphones with extension from the laptop.

It ran ok on the laptop, but every time I load it, it says my graphics card is outdated.  ??? Now I got to research what that means specifically.  My drivers? I dunno.

The UI is not very friendly and could be revised imo.  They try to go for the simplistic aesthetic, but it's still requires some time to get use to. 

Other than that, this game looks and sounds great.  I was only getting a rough 30fps, but it looked like I had all sorts of lighting and other settings going on that I got tired of tuning.  The gunplay was surprisingly solid and fun.  Zooming out in 3rd person and going stealth.... Yup, there's the Skyrim feels.  Granted, I've never played a fallout game, so there's no comparison there for me.

Another nitpick it the ship flying... It's a bit too much Star Wars Battlefront arcadey feel rather than NMS immersive atmosphere breaching heights.. it wasn't blowing me away.  The solar system UX was clunky too and took some time to get use to.

Granted, I only played for 2 hours, so there's more than needs diving into... But as I write this, I can't stop thinking about playing more.  Very impressive launch state.  I really want to play this, but certain obstacles need to be dealt with before I can casually enjoy this. 

Honestly, it hasn't help my "love" for PC gaming get any stronger.
 Always something to hinder just picking up and playing a game and be happy. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2023, 12:45:38 PM »
Im not talking about the review scores lol I'm talking about the 'outrage' going on about it on Twitter and YT comments and all the 'outrage'  videos that get made about it.

:no1curr

I honestly don't care what some guy from IGN had to say about it, all I can say is that I feel a 7 is unfair in this day and age.

:gurl
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2023, 01:00:57 PM »
Spend the afternoon walking around New Atlantis after hooking up with Constellation.

The performance in what I assume is one of the most taxing areas is really solid on the Xbox Series X.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2023, 03:04:07 PM »
Wish I had a bit more time to share my thoughts, but this game is great... If it were a bit more playable.  What I mean is that I spent almost 30% of my time trying to tune the whack control settings. Holy shit, the left stick movement was hyper sensitive, where just barely touching it/resting my thumb on it caused movement. Zero dead zone.  Why is there no specific setting for this? If there is, it's called something else.  Was using DS4windows with the dual sense via bt.  Ran the headphones with extension from the laptop.

I dunno but I'd get a nice X-Input pad and stop worrying about it.  Or do they make adapters? . There might be something that you can plug in to pair with the dual shock that will just work like x input would.  8Bitdo makes that stuff too.

Edit- Yup, get the 8Bitdo USB adapter 2 off Amazon for $20 and your problems should stop.  I dunno about the headphones though.

It ran ok on the laptop, but every time I load it, it says my graphics card is outdated.  ??? Now I got to research what that means specifically.  My drivers? I dunno.

Have you updated the drivers and stuff on your PC since you got it? Needs to be kept up to date.  You need to check Windows updates, My Asus, and Armory Crate for updates.

Well, to be fair, you may not have your stuff up to date and you're also playing a pirated version which may or may not be updated or may have something in it to make it play worse on purpose.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 05:00:21 PM by bork »
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2023, 06:44:12 PM »
In all the advertisement for this game I've never seen it once advertise itself as the ultimate space sim. I'm so shocked at the expectations. Bethesda game in space is all I've ever expected lmao. I might play this around December or January. Screams winter game for me.

It didn't but some foolish people let their imagination run wild with space games
(ice)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2023, 06:50:08 PM »
(…)

Piper in Fallout 4 (pretty 'big' npc for a town)

Aubrey Plaza is an NPC in Fallout?

Svejk

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2023, 09:52:49 PM »

I dunno but I'd get a nice X-Input pad and stop worrying about it.  Or do they make adapters? . There might be something that you can plug in to pair with the dual shock that will just work like x input would.  8Bitdo makes that stuff too.

Edit- Yup, get the 8Bitdo USB adapter 2 off Amazon for $20 and your problems should stop.  I dunno about the headphones though.

Have you updated the drivers and stuff on your PC since you got it? Needs to be kept up to date.  You need to check Windows updates, My Asus, and Armory Crate for updates.

Well, to be fair, you may not have your stuff up to date and you're also playing a pirated version which may or may not be updated or may have something in it to make it play worse on purpose.
Definitely will finagle some more tonight.  Going to try the DS4 instead of the dualsense this time.  I updated what I could on there, including DS4windows, so hopefully something will smooth out..
Not sure how they did it, but It's crazy.. I haven't stopped thinking about this game all day and can't wait to play it some more.. hiccups and all.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2023, 09:29:22 AM »
Bru this game

What

Himu

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2023, 11:09:34 AM »
Wow
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2023, 01:26:48 PM »
Did some more testing.  As for performance, I updated what drivers I could and found a armory crate setting that allowed me to change the performance to highest/gaming setting.  Ok, yeah, this is running much better and looks fantastic.

Then back to controller stuff, tried the DS4 through DS4windows and the analog dead zones were so much better... But, for some stupid reason, the dpad fucking skips in menu navigation.  Wtffff
Went back to the DS and still had a slight hyper sensitive drift, but the dpad is fine.  Can't fucking win. Maybe at some point I'll break down and get another controller just for PC.  Just sucks, because this is the only game on PC that's had issues when connecting a PS controller from my experience.

This game is remarkable otherwise.  :lawd

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2023, 02:11:42 PM »
But, for some stupid reason, the dpad fucking skips in menu navigation.  Wtffff

Try running the game through Steam with Steam overlay enabled and ignore DS4windows and use Steam's controller setup thingy

What

Svejk

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2023, 02:40:33 PM »

Try running the game through Steam with Steam overlay enabled and ignore DS4windows and use Steam's controller setup thingy
My copy fell out the back of a truck, so not sure I have access to steam settings.  I'm a complete noob, if that doesn't matter and the controller settings has nothing to do with what game is running, I have no clue.. if that makes sense. :derp

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2023, 05:16:42 PM »
Exploring the Sol system now, still early days.

Cleaned out an abandoned ship yard with a dual barrel shotgun, Yup game is still great.

🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2023, 06:27:53 PM »

My copy fell out the back of a truck, so not sure I have access to steam settings.  I'm a complete noob, if that doesn't matter and the controller settings has nothing to do with what game is running, I have no clue.. if that makes sense. :derp

GET THIS ALREADY IT'S SIXTEEN BUCKS RIGHT NOW AND IT WILL ALSO WORK FOR SWITCH
:kinison
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2023, 12:42:53 AM »
I finished the UC Vanguard questline, it was pretty awesome. Working on the main quest now and getting Sarah to marry me.
©@©™

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2023, 05:43:55 AM »
I finished the UC Vanguard questline, it was pretty awesome. Working on the main quest now and getting Sarah to marry me.

Gotta echo Joe here. Been doing a bunch of hours of wandering at first, and a bit of the main quest and then tried this questline.

Not done with it yet, but its gone hard. For me, easily the best questline BGS has done. Plus its a great deep dive on world lore and politics.