Author Topic: Eragon (or, playing shitty games to pass this shitty Old Spice challenge)  (Read 733 times)

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
After checking here for the easiest achivement opprotunities, I decided to pick up Eragon from the local Blockbuster. I read some reviews beforehand; everyone agreed that the achivements are easy as pie to get, and that the entire game should take about 6 hours to complete from start to finish. I can waste six hours of my life, right?

After playing this game all fucking weekend - investing a LOT more than six hours - I almost have a newfound respect for someone like demi who regularly plays these shit games, without even a crappy contest to motivate him.

The most frustrating thing about the game is that with a little more polish, it might have actually been a GOOD hack n' slasher... at least some good fun for a weekend of 2P co-op action. But the camera fucking SUCKS BALLS (a game with a fixed camera in 2006?), the hit detection is dodgy at best, the hidden eggs (get 'em all to unlock the last achivement) are easy to find at the END of the game,  nearly fucking impossible without a walkthrough at the beginning... actually, the difficulty level is another crappy thing about this game. Some of the earlier levels are way harder than the later ones!

One last thing: this isn't necessarily the games' fault, but it's a LOT easier to just let the computer handle the 2nd player than a human, especially if the people you're playing it with aren't exactly ubergamers. I played one level like 12 times with my girlfriend, having to start over every time she died... but then I played it once through with the computer and made it through on my first try. Argh!

Next up on the shitty game list: either Cars or Open Season. Kill me now

dap

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Re: Eragon (or, playing shitty games to pass this shitty Old Spice challenge)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 04:02:51 PM »
King Kong, it's fun and you can get all the achievements on your first run.

Condemned is also good, you can get most of the achievements on your first run too I think.

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 04:08:28 PM »
Yeah King Kong looks like an easy one, but I don't know if I can handle it based on what I've seen. Cars might actually be a little something different.
dap

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 04:13:32 PM »
King Kong is actually pretty good.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 04:50:56 PM »
I've finished

Cars
Open Season
Eragon
Superman Returns
Oblivion

Next up

Bionicle Heroes
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 11:36:01 AM »
lol, well what do you expect, it's a poopy game

I finished the challenge last night, and all I got was Contra and a shitty gamerpic. I was too late to get the good shit. :(
fat

Prost

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 11:49:19 AM »
I just liked reading the part where he said "my girlfriend kept dying over and over again!" and smiling....  :)
:-þ

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 12:13:21 PM »
So it seems like demi was right and it makes me want to wring his scrawny little neck; I DIDN'T actually register for the challenge when I thought I did, so I basically played Eragon for nothing. And now there's only shitty prizes left. How can they run out of fucking MICROSOFT POINTS.
dap