Author Topic: Chrome Hounds - Huh..  (Read 899 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Chrome Hounds - Huh..
« on: August 20, 2006, 11:52:29 PM »
This is from another forum, but ill post it here, anyone have this game?

Also my country just got squished by both sides, now its even harder to find a mission. Well fine, this is how it stands.

I buy the game. I start up, i've played through most of the plodding single player for the scout class, which really just seems to be there to teach me how to drive in a circle and not drive off cliffs.

I start a clan, I get one person to join. My side loses its capital so I cant buy things, sell things, and the rewards for rookie/normal missions is what, 8000 creds at best. I want to do an online online mission in the 'WAR' but all that's left is guerilla stuff and my other clan mate lost a match and got dinged for thousands in creds he didnt have so now he's broke. I suppose the consolation is that he cant buy things anyway.

So now I dont want to play in the WAR because ill just end up so broke that when the shops open up in the event we shove both nations kicking our asses out of just our capital, I wont be equipped to do upgrades if I need to. The alternative is a rookie/normal mission set with rewards that honestly dont equal the effort.

Then I am informed micro-transactions will begin to create a barrier between people who will blow hard earned money on weapons and armor and people who just dont think its worth it. Rich vs the Dirty Poors indeed. As if competing against jobless college students wasn't enough for a casual.

*end rant*

Ok, after 3 freelance missions my squadmember is out of the hole! yay! but he doesnt wanna do real missions right now cause of going bankrupt again. Wish freelance missions were fun.

First 3 minutes:
"Yay killed one, this is fun"
"Yeah! Guns!"

Next 3 minutes:
"why do they always shoot my legs, I cant put armor there"
"Lol im on fire, look at my guns!"
"haha sparks im sparking, lets split up"

Last 4 minutes:
"Where are you at?"
"somewhere..."
"see any?"
"no.."
"But the mission isnt over"
"maybe I shoulda put some detection equipment on this boat"
"but then we'd die"
"yeah kinda..."

Mission Complete!

10 minutes = 8000 creds

"huh"
"yeah"

I do have fun building mechs, I do have fun driving them around, but the options for people who are new to the game are pretty bleak. I mean I had to come to some message board on a forum run by a group not affliliated with Sega to try and find clues on how to do well in this game. Thats just sloppy gaming infrastructure
o_0