Author Topic: Fuck the haters, I love Shenmue dammit.  (Read 3258 times)

Himu

Fuck the haters, I love Shenmue dammit.
« on: February 22, 2007, 05:58:53 PM »
I will stand tall and not fear insults. Post your Shenmue love here.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: Fuck the haters, I love Shenmue dammit.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 05:59:37 PM »
PSP

Himu

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 06:00:13 PM »
What?
IYKYK

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 06:01:08 PM »
I like how Himu bitches about japafags, when he in fact is one.

I still love you baby boo (tm mupepe 2006)

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 06:02:51 PM »
I love earthbound fuck the haterz

lol
萌え~

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 06:03:36 PM »
Christopher, were you the same dude that followed me to another board to wag your finger at me and tell me how immature I am, or something like that? I don't want to bring up any type of double-standard issues if you're not the bloke who said it.

My favorite parts of Shenmue were all the parts unrelated to the story: caring for the cat, collecting the Sega figurines, playing in the arcade. Searching for sailors? Not fun.
dap

Himu

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 06:04:26 PM »
I like how Himu bitches about japafags, when he in fact is one.

I still love you baby boo (tm mupepe 2006)

Just because someone likes a game doesn't make them a Japafag. Get off of your high horse you ignorant fuck face of a jock. Do you know what a Japafag is? It's someone who's absolutely OBSESSED with Japan. I don't think we have anyone here like that at all.
IYKYK

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »
Christopher, were you the same dude that followed me to another board to wag your finger at me and tell me how immature I am, or something like that? I don't want to bring up any type of double-standard issues if you're not the bloke who said it.

My favorite parts of Shenmue were all the parts unrelated to the story: caring for the cat, collecting the Sega figurines, playing in the arcade. Searching for sailors? Not fun.

uh no.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 06:06:12 PM »
:lol touchy
萌え~

Himu

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 06:07:47 PM »

Hahaha. I thought it was really fun because it was fucking hilarious.

IYKYK

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 06:07:59 PM »
Shenmue III would make a good non-game on DS.

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 06:08:18 PM »
uh no.

Okay, I confused you with some Chris Russo guy or something. Much luv, baby boo (or whatever)
dap

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 06:09:02 PM »
Hahaha. I thought it was really fun because it was fucking hilarious.

Oh it was hilarious but after a while it turned to tedium. But I don't begrudge you for liking the game or anything!
dap

Himu

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 06:09:56 PM »
The funny thing about Chris's claim is that the majority of Shenmue's story is spent in China. Hell, there's more emphasis on Chinese culture than Japanese. So where did he get this theory I'm a japafag because I like Shenmue (II or than I - where all of your time is spent in fucking CHINA)?
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 06:10:30 PM »
Man I love shenmue 2.  I played on xmas break last year.  It was amazing.  The ending was really really long though.  It was peaceful but I wasn't in the right state of mind to go thought that for that long.  I really wish they'd continue the series.  Seeing how everything is already thought out and all the senerous are done, it would be the perfect episodic game.     

Christopher

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 06:10:47 PM »
The funny thing about Chris's claim is that the majority of Shenmue's story is spent in China. Hell, there's more emphasis on Chinese culture than Japanese. So where did he get this theory I'm a japafag because I like Shenmue (II or than I - where all of your time is spent in fucking CHINA)?

China, Japan. Same thing - it's all good my nicca.

Himu

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 06:10:52 PM »
Oh it was hilarious but after a while it turned to tedium. But I don't begrudge you for liking the game or anything!

At first I thought Shenmue was tedious, but as I learned how to play it, it was pretty relaxing and easy going. Different strokes.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 06:11:09 PM »
Man I love shenmue 2.  I played on xmas break last year.  It was amazing.  The ending was really really long though.  It was peaceful but I wasn't in the right state of mind to go thought that for that long.  I really wish they'd continue the series.  Seeing how everything is already thought out and all the senerous are done, it would be the perfect episodic game.     

Shenmue fucking II.  8) 8) 8)
IYKYK

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 06:12:47 PM »
At first I thought Shenmue was tedious, but as I learned how to play it, it was pretty relaxing and easy going. Different strokes.

I gotta ask: do you like Animal Crossing?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I fucking LOVE Animal Crossing on the Gamecube, I find it totally relaxing and easy going, like you and Shenmue.
[close]
dap

Himu

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 06:13:40 PM »
I gotta ask: do you like Animal Crossing?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I fucking LOVE Animal Crossing on the Gamecube, I find it totally relaxing and easy going, like you and Shenmue.
[close]

I tried out Animal Crossing for the ds, and hated it. I tried it everyday for weeks, but just couldn't get into it.

Shenmue is the type of game where the pacing is off, but you are rewarded if you continue to press forward. I can understand how it can turn people off, but if you keep at it, chances are you'll love it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 06:16:43 PM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 06:24:24 PM »
I'm replaying Shenmue II for the 5th time since I got it right now <3 (and that was last June)
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 07:21:35 PM »
I had so much fun with the original... played the game at a fairly depressing time in my life... first girlfriend breaks up with me, the music and the whole environment were so much fun to walk around in. Many people herald GTAIII as one of the most detailed game worlds but I already experienced one back in 1999 when I tried this. Okay, moving around crates was pretty boring but I liked the leisurely pace at the end of the game, and arguably the 70-man brawl was the inspiration for the Musou games.

Oh yeah and Space Harrier arcade game, awesome!!
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 08:25:57 PM »
I loved Shenmue when it came out.  It was really an awesome game for it's time.  I don't believe it's mechanics have aged well at all though.  Voice dialogue and controls mainly.

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 08:29:22 PM »
I love Shenmue.
haw

Himu

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 08:45:58 PM »
All of you have to play the sequel! It's so much better!  :D
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 08:49:13 PM »
the voice acting still sucks along with the controls.  Don't get me wrong, I love the game (in fact, I recommended and GAVE it to you, you douche :-*).  But those two aspects are HORRIBLE.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 10:06:08 PM »

I really do. I bought it when I got an Xbox but never quite got around to playing. Is it on the 360 backwards compatibility list?
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2007, 10:47:33 PM »

I really do. I bought it when I got an Xbox but never quite got around to playing. Is it on the 360 backwards compatibility list?
I believe it was added in the last update.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2007, 11:13:40 PM »
Okay, I confused you with some Chris Russo guy or something. Much luv, baby boo (or whatever)
I think he is chris russo...

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 11:56:47 PM »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:09:15 AM by Ichi »
PS4

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 12:04:45 AM »
I never finished Shenmue II due to a power outage. 

BUT, in my fan fiction novel, "Shenmue: A Story of Collectable Toys and Nightmares", the epic ends when the Covenant travel through time to take the magic mirror pieces from Lan Di.  Master Chief, who also conveniently fell through the time rift, pairs up with Ryo Hazuki to take down an army of aliens and Chinese kung-fu masters.  Then they team up with Lan Di and all three fight the Covenant Master, Dekshard.  Dekshard is about to kill Ryo with a laser when Lan Di jumps in front of him, taking it to the gut instead.  With his dying breath, he finds redemption.  Master Chief tags Dekshard with a plasma grenade and hides behind some crates.  The mirror is destroyed.  Master Chief repairs the time rift and transports Ryo back to the time before his father is murdered so they can live happily ever after.
PSP

Himu

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2007, 12:12:23 AM »

Import it from Europe for Dreamcast. :punch
IYKYK

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2007, 12:12:49 AM »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:10:27 AM by Ichi »
PS4

Himu

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2007, 12:13:37 AM »
the voice acting still sucks along with the controls.  Don't get me wrong, I love the game (in fact, I recommended and GAVE it to you, you douche :-*).  But those two aspects are HORRIBLE.

True enough. The controls aren't a big deal to me because it's an adventure game. In the first one, all you have to do is run with the left trigger, and then slightly move Ryo with the dpad. It's not all that bad. Definitely better than RE control.
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2007, 12:59:11 AM »
So if Ryo's father never died, then he'd have no reason to travel to Hong Kong to find Lan Di, thus the Covenant wouldn't appear, thus there wouldn't be a time rift, thus Ryo's father would be killed by Lan Di,thus Ryo would travel to Hong Kong, thus the Covenant would appear and Master Chief would repair the time rift and Ryo's father wouldn't be killed, thus...the universe would implode?

This is left open for the PSP/DS Ristar spinoff where he repairs the time space continuum by swinging around shit.
PSP

Himu

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2007, 01:14:04 AM »
Willco, how did you like what you played of the last part of Shenmue II (the part where you walk with Shenhua)?
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 01:31:32 AM »
It was honestly very short, because the power went out by the time we got to her house.  And it was boring.
PSP