Author Topic: Crackdown: Schwarzenegger Moments!  (Read 1305 times)

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Crackdown: Schwarzenegger Moments!
« on: February 23, 2007, 10:28:37 PM »
Crackdown rocks.

Anyway, as befits a ridiculous supercop, I executed the last two lieutenants I fought SCHWARZENEGGER STYLE.

The Violetta chick got drop kicked off a high-rise, and she bounced off a dumpster ten stories below. "Take a long walk off THIS pier, bitch!" I yelled.

Diego got it the best, though. He ran down to his car after I shot him up and leaped in. Doing a quick bootlegger, he charged me, headlights flashing. I faced his 40mph half-ton ass down and fuckin' KUNG-FU KICKED HIS SPEEDING CAR INTO A WALL, where it exploded and he lurched out of the wreckage, burning. "You brought the heat," I informed him, "and now it's time to lay you out cold" and I shot him with my pistol right in the face.

:punch :punch :punch

mercy may be gentle, but justice is not

:punch :punch :punch

duc

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Re: Crackdown: Schwarzenegger Moments!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 11:13:55 PM »
Crackdown is fucking great.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 11:24:41 PM »
sounds awesome, cant wait to try this.
萌え~

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 11:56:30 PM »
I kicked one dude off a lighthouse and his death sequence was the camera watching him fall and hit a rock.

Great game, complete surprise.
haw

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 12:34:07 AM »
I threw a dumpster on some guy's head at his own birthday party.
wha

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 01:19:42 AM »
How super are these cops exactly?

Himu

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 01:27:34 AM »
I didn't pay attention to this game at all but it sounds awesome
IYKYK

Stocky

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 01:35:08 AM »
There is nothing greater than blowing up your co-op partner and having them curse your entire family.

Stocky

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 01:35:44 AM »
Especially when he is about to get to the top of the agency tower after trying for an hour.  :lol

Robo

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 03:23:25 AM »
Drinky always makes stuff sound way better than it actually is.
obo

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 03:37:14 AM »
Crackdown is a lot of fun. I like how they embraced the sandbox aspect so I dont have to geek the fuck out to get anywhere in it. This game lets me plunk 30 minutes here, 20 minutes there, an hour there. No commitment. Just AWESOME
o_0

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 05:50:16 AM »
I would love to own an Xbox 360. The vibe Im getting is there is constant stream of quality titles coming out for it.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 12:00:40 PM »
I just can't get into it.  I played it last night for a few minutes, but it's too much like the GTA sandbox stuff for me to care.

I really wish they'd create a sandbox game where your environment, weapons, tactics, items, story and such would change depending on what class you were lumped into depending on your first five or so minutes inside the sandbox world.  The CPU would determine your class.  This way, the entire sandbox would evolve into the type of environment you'd like to play in, whether it'd be an open run-and-gun environment or a mission based environment that had lots of instances.
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 01:03:01 PM »
its more towards what youre describing than it is GTA willco. There arent any missions, your character evolves to your play-style.

Kill gangs with a car a lot and your driving abilities go up which improves your ability to control cars and also makes agency vehicles more powerful. melee a lot and you can eventually hurl the observatory globe at people, shoot a lot...and well you get the idea.

The only missions you get are 'suggested' gang bosses to take out that when taken out affect the overall strength of the end boss and his gang since they all support him with drugs and cars and what not.

I dont think you really played it for more than 2 minutes lol.
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 01:18:33 PM »
yeah, Crackdown *is* what you're describing, Jewy McNinstein, minus the "instance" missions -- but the way you develop your supercop and approach the takedown of each lieutenant or boss is really open-ended.

i still think this game needs to let you play as robocop, though. this engine would make for an AWESOME robocop game.
duc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 01:21:24 PM »
It's not really as I described.  Your character stats can evolve based on your gameplay, but it's still too GTA-like and not that open-ended.  I'm talking that the game would COMPLETELY change, and I'm talking entire elements here, based on your initial interaction.  Like, perhaps you wouldn't even drive cars.  Crackdown just isn't that leap in the formula that I need.  It's just a prettier, tweaked version of GTA.

I do agree that it'd be a good Robocop engine.
PSP

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 01:31:07 PM »
my next goal is to beat a lieutenant to death with a car door.
duc

MrAngryFace

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 01:32:09 PM »
I dont have to drive cars, I can leap like 3 buildings.

Its neat to live in a world of theory where you get exactly the game you want catered to you but that isnt going to happen for decades, dont slam crackdown for unrealistic expectations.
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 01:43:55 PM »
I'm not slamming Crackdown, nor did I have high expectations.  I'm saying that's what I want, not what I expected from Crackdown.  Crackdown just isn't fresh enough to even excite me.  It's a futuristic-looking version of GTA that's been tweaked, and I just don't dig it.

However, I did spend like five minutes swimming and jumping like ten feet out of water.  The animation was pretty funny.
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 01:50:38 PM »
What you want is a game that isnt even a game, its some techno-organic lifeform that latches onto your face and collects your urine!
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »
That's a very crude description of the PLAYSTATION 4, my friend.
PSP

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2007, 01:54:25 PM »
What you want is a game that isnt even a game, its some techno-organic lifeform that latches onto your face and collects your urine!
fl0w?
haw

Shuri

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2007, 02:19:45 PM »
I'm really having fun with the game so far, I wish they would had pushed the whole fascist ultra violence angle a bit more; it really does feels like the game was suposed to ultra violent but that they toned down a lot of things due to censorship, some of the things the narrator says feels straight out of an '80 Verhoeven movie.

Not that ultra violence would have made the gameplay any better, but it certainly would have added a lot to the satisfaction we get when we punish those criminals. Imagine being able to take out arms, legs, heads using super weapons.

It would have been cool. It does feels very pg13

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007, 02:23:42 PM »
....This game is awesome.  Played it for a couple hours at my friends house, and it's sooo cool.
püp

MrAngryFace

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2007, 09:31:52 PM »
I really love this game, there's NOTHING like storming a gang boss compound alone. Pulling up in your agent car or a police car with sirens blaring, stepping out and just BOOM they're all dead and youre awesome.
o_0