Author Topic: Ringtones: Biggest ripoff in HISTORY!  (Read 1674 times)

The Black Stallion

• Ebola Carrier
Ringtones: Biggest ripoff in HISTORY!
« on: August 22, 2006, 07:48:13 AM »
Okay, my pops just bought me a cellphone plan with a Nokia 3220. I wanted a really hot ring tone but I can't manage to send mp3s or AMR files to myself over the tmomail or whatever.

Fine, I'll just buy some. Well... the damn thing doesn't let you preview them, so to hear what they sound like you have to buy them. Well, I bought like 5 or so and they're all crap. The best one was the Punjabi MC hit, Beware of the Boys.

I tried downloading Ether, in honor of my latest work in this, and other forums, but you can barely tell it's Ether. It just sounds like midi bullshit. I'm really pissed off. I mean, I have to sing the words out loud so you know what it is.

I tried downloading Wet Wipes... you can't even make out the hard hitting baseline. What the fuck is the point? I was heated.

I tried downloading the Proactive line from Touch it or Not... bzzt wrong again. You'd think it at least get louder when he says the punchline. No.

I saw some BDP songs available, but I don't want to see how the obliterated the Blast Master's songs...

And those shits aren't cheap. They're like 1.99 a piece!

Ringtones: Biggest rip off in history.

I made this awesome ringtone from J-Zone from that Edit These song... It's stunningly brilliant as a ringtone. But I can't get the damn thing to my phone. I'm pissed. I want to know how to do that without going on WAP. Just uploading it to a service and having them send it to me as a MMS.

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
Re: Ringtones: Biggest ripoff in HISTORY!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 08:07:34 AM »
I have a standard ringtone...it's so trashy to be walking down the street and 42 year old woman taking out her phone that is going "pushing on my buttons baby!"

Diablos

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 08:09:30 AM »
Kids pay more for fucking ringtones than they do singles. That's sad.

The Black Stallion

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 08:15:33 AM »

Shit, I don't even PAY for music. Truth be told... I feel like I'm ENTITLED to FREE music. I get pissed whenever I have to pay any money for audio.

I have a standard ringtone...it's so trashy to be walking down the street and 42 year old woman taking out her phone that is going "pushing on my buttons baby!"

The thing is, I think it's turning me into a bigger jerk than I already am. Because I have my ringtone set as LOUD as possible and I turned on all the light effects, just so you know who the fuck is getting a phone call. You know?

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 09:27:09 AM »
I like how most people will spend hours finding a song they want for a ringtone but the minute it goes off in public theyre in a hurry to shut it off like theyre embarassed.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 10:38:20 AM »

I seriously don't understand this. Do people honestly think this shit is cool? Why people have them in a school is beyond me; it's all a front. So the song plays extremely loud for like 3 seconds, and then the person answers the phone. How the hell is that worth $10?

Frontin

The Black Stallion

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 12:14:26 PM »
Okay, I figured out how to access the web from my phone. That way, I just go to this one website that I upload my file at, then I can download it from the phone. It's pretty sweet. I'll upload my awesome ringer when I get back. Peace.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 12:34:08 PM »
What I hate about trying to buy ringtones off of Get It Now for Verizon: you usually have to purchase the ringtones at a ridiculous price to even download Modtones or whatever it is you are getting your ringtones from, you can't see what songs they have before that, and they never have anything I particularly want.
boo

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 12:36:56 PM »
It's to demonstrate your PERSONALITY in a completely intrusive way

YOU'RE A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE WHO LIKES JAY-Z, GREAT FOR YOU

NOW LEARN TO FUCKING PARK AND I'M SORRY YOU FORGOT TO BRING CASH AND NOW YOU CAN'T BUY YOUR MEGA-FUCKING BOTTLE OF SOBE AND HEY YEAH TALLADEGA NIGHTS IS HI-LARIOUS THANKS FOR TELLING EVERYBODY WITHIN LISTENING DISTANCE YOU THUGGED-UP LITTLE CRACKER FUCKSTOOL
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 12:38:47 PM »

NOW LEARN TO FUCKING PARK AND I'M SORRY YOU FORGOT TO BRING CASH AND NOW YOU CAN'T BUY YOUR MEGA-FUCKING BOTTLE OF SOBE AND HEY YEAH TALLADEGA NIGHTS IS HI-LARIOUS THANKS FOR TELLING EVERYBODY WITHIN LISTENING DISTANCE YOU THUGGED-UP LITTLE CRACKER FUCKSTOOL
:lol

My thoughts exactly. Whenever I hear someone with an "In Da Club" ringtone I want to punch myself.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 12:39:39 PM »
My ringtone is the soul glow song.  It's awesome when it goes off, because it invariably takes me by surprise and the song is in the wailing part by the time I get the phone out.
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 12:44:48 PM »
My ringtone is the soul glow song.  It's awesome when it goes off, because it invariably takes me by surprise and the song is in the wailing part by the time I get the phone out.

No ABBA!?

The Black Stallion

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 01:47:45 PM »

:lol

My thoughts exactly. Whenever I hear someone with an "In Da Club" ringtone I want to punch myself.
Why would you punch yourself? Why not punch smash the phone the sound is comming from? Or better yet the owner? Are you some sort of masochistic pussy?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 01:56:11 PM by The Black Stallion »