Author Topic: i bought a ps3 :(  (Read 1720 times)

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
i bought a ps3 :(
« on: March 15, 2007, 05:34:03 PM »
wait no I didnt, that would be fucking distinguished mentally-challenged.  :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
lol drinky lol
[close]
萌え~

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
Re: i bought a ps3 :(
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 05:41:34 PM »
I was gonna come in here and say "WTF is wrong with you!?" but you tricked me.

Well done.
Boo

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 06:06:33 PM »
Haha Viz lol. I was gonna come in here and say too poor to buy God of War 2 but you can afford a PS3?

In a related note tv advertisements are warning the unsuspecting New Zealand public that the PS3 will be for sale here on the 23rd. Some fools I work with are saying that they are looking forward to it. I asked them: "Why? Are there any games in particular you want to play on it?" They couldnt even name a fucking PS3 game.   :-\

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 06:18:25 PM »
Damn, I was gonna come into this thread to ask you to buy Gundam Musou and then post impressions.
PS4

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 06:22:09 PM »
Damn, I was gonna come into this thread to ask you to buy Gundam Musou and then post impressions.

Distantmantra has it. PM him or something   :-*

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 11:01:46 PM »

Gundam Musou is fucking awesome. I'll post more impressions later.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 04:23:55 AM »

Gundam Musou is fucking awesome. I'll post more impressions later.

You can post them in the Gundam Musou thread I made here: http://www.evilbore.com/forum/index.php?topic=5938.0    ;)

My initial impressions below.  I still haven't played much of this game.  Beat Crackdown and then moved onto Sengoku Basara 2, which shits all over Gundam Musou IMO.

I still haven't played too much of Gundam Musou (mainly due to Crackdown, which I finally got around to playing), but I have played a couple of levels on normal difficulty, and played some co-op with a friend over the weekend. I can definitely say that if you like Musou games, but don't care for Gundam, you'll likely still enjoy this game quite a bit. My friend generally hates anime and has zero interest in Gundam, yet loves the Musou games, and he was having fun with it. That said, he also told me he'd still rather play Sangoku/Sengoku Musou over Gundam Musou; he likes the variety of human character designs a lot more than the mechs, and so far at least, I have to agree with him. I love how the Z Gundam can transform into a jet when you jump and then dash, however...that's just awesome AND you can still shoot!

This game generally seems to feel like nothing particularly new; it reminds me of the PSP Musou games, since you move to different territories on the field and take them over, only everything is done in real-time, instead of moving to different squares on the map. The visuals are very nice, running at 60fps (I think) with no slowdown that I've seen and a very far draw distance. It's very, very smooth. The music is all ripped from Gundam...I guess it's better than the buttrock in other Musou games, but not by too much. Tongue The in-game cut scenes are pretty cool and FAR better than the cut scenes in all the other Musou titles...big points to Koei here.

Definitely going to try playing on hard next time I play, since the Zakus literally just stand there and let you kill them. I'd like some more challenge from the normal enemies; these guys are pathetic and it brought down my enjoyment a little bit, but I'll reserve judgement for after I've played a lot longer.

Right now, however, I'm looking a lot more forward to Orochi Musou at the end of this month, and while Gundam Musou is an enjoyable game, I prefer the likes of Samurai Warriors 2 and Sengoku Basara 2 (which I really need to get back to!) over it. This is a great first entry into the series, and I'd recommend a rental to anyone with a PS3 (and a purchase to Musou fans). All of this is based on very little playtime, however, so I might find myself loving Gundam Muosu once I've sunken more time into it.

Lastly, I wish Koei included an option for vertical split screen like in the other Muosu games. The horizontal split is okay (although I'd be afraid to see it on a 4:3 set), but felt crowded.
ど助平

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 03:08:42 PM »
:D
duc

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 03:30:44 PM »