Author Topic: Street Fighter The Movie Is.......  (Read 2089 times)

Street Fighter The Movie Is.......
« on: April 24, 2007, 04:48:02 PM »

The best in the SF series, what do you think is the best?

BTW, i will post some snaps from the game later.

:)

Himu

Re: Street Fighter The Movie Is.......
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 04:51:39 PM »
No it is NOT. :lol

The best SF imo is Alpha 3.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 04:59:19 PM »
Alpha 3 had weird balance issues between the isms IMO. Street Fighter Alpha 2 had the best stages, music, characters, and balance in the Alpha series. Third Strike is the best from a game mechanics standpoint but loses to say Second Impact when it comes to the stages and what not.

Personally i'd rather have a deep fighting game than a flashy wizbang fighting game anyway.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 05:02:52 PM »
It's not a bad game. I remember spending all day playing it, making my brother cry because he had to use the shitty Saturn controller (I'd use the bigger one and fuck his mind).

To this day I never was able to get the left-right-left-right combos down. I can do the simple levels (just left-right-left-right) but the bigger combos built on that structure were too hard. I was more of a Ryu/Ken guy anyway though, so it didn't really matter.

Himu

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 05:11:19 PM »
Alpha 3 had weird balance issues between the isms IMO. Street Fighter Alpha 2 had the best stages, music, characters, and balance in the Alpha series. Third Strike is the best from a game mechanics standpoint but loses to say Second Impact when it comes to the stages and what not.

Personally i'd rather have a deep fighting game than a flashy wizbang fighting game anyway.

I like Alpha 3 so much because of the single player mode.

Yeah it's not that balanced but come on, I'd rather have fun than worry about that. It's just fun imo. Third Strike is deep and all but it's not that fun to me. The characters for the most part are pretty boring.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 05:16:23 PM »
Third Strike is easily the best of all the Street Fighters if you put personal opinion aside and focus on the actual gameplay.  The problem in it lies with the fact that you have to be playing someone of your same skill level to really enjoy it.

Of course it is, but the better game doesn't always equal the funner game.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 05:18:02 PM »
I dunno, im a big Virtua Fighter fan, so the pursuit of technical excellence and balance is important to me, single player or not. If you want a fun and unbalanced game play Marvel vs Capcom 2 or Capcom vs SNK 2 ;)

And "fun" is such a relative term maybe you shouldnt sit and ram the idea of your 'funner' games into our opinions.
o_0

Himu

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 05:22:46 PM »
I love Virtua Fighter myself, but it manages to balance depth with fun imo, because the characters are great to mess with. In SF3: TS, the majority of the characters really aren't to my liking.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 05:27:53 PM »
I will agree that the roster in Third Strike has a good handful of 'wtf' characters, but im a Q player so I dunno how much my opinion is worth there.
o_0

Eduardo24

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 08:12:40 PM »
The best sf to me are Super T (I have been playing this game just recently and it rocks) and Hyper Fighting.  I dislike 3rd Strike and the parry system.  There is not character variety in this game, everyone plays pretty much in close range to be effective.  Look at Necro for example, that guy could have been an extreme range Dhalsim type of character, however since the parry nullifies his attacks he HAS to play at close range to be effective....like 90% of the rooster in the game.  And parry unballances everything,  if you choose a slow character you are fucked up because your attacks are easier to parry.

ST and Hyper fighting are more ballanced in my opinion.  In 3rd Strike if you choose a character that has a lower tier than you rivalīs character, you are pretty much in disadvantage (the game has a very rigid Top tier) but in SF that is not case.  Look at ST Honda and Bison.  Bison is a top tier and Honda is a bottom guy, however he Honda is a bad matchup for Bison, he basically beats him for free.   There are other examples as well.

As for Alpha, I donīt like it.  If there is something I donīt like about 3rd Strike is the Genei Jin, and fact that everyone in Alpha a has genei jin here makes hate this game more than sf3.  Fuck cc.
DRA

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 01:59:19 AM »
My problem with SF3 are some of the character designs.  I really don't like the direction they took with most of the new characters.

I prefer SFA3 over SF3 3s, and I would really have preferred to see it in an "HD Remix" over Super Turbo, which itself is still great considering its age.  T. Hawk's got to go though.
ど助平

Eduardo24

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 08:53:30 AM »
Alpha 3? do you really like custom combos?  Thats the most distinguished mentally-challenged shit that I have ever seen on a fighting game. But I have to say it plays closer to SF than 3rd Strike.

And why do you hate T. Hawk?  He is not going anywhere and he rocks.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 09:04:44 AM by Eduardo24 »
DRA

Himu

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 10:33:37 AM »
You don't have to use Custom Combos at all dude. There are different grooves.
IYKYK

Robo

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 10:59:10 AM »
Depending on your level of play, V-ism is going to be shoved in your face whether you like it or not.  The mechanic is game-breaking and there are only a couple characters who play significantly better without it.
obo

Prost

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 07:32:56 PM »
sf 2 turbo 4 life
:-þ

Eduardo24

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 07:41:48 PM »
Now that I see your avatar...man, Ryu is going to look so good in ST HD Remix
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 07:44:22 PM by Eduardo24 »
DRA

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 08:27:02 PM »
Alpha 3? do you really like custom combos?  Thats the most distinguished mentally-challenged shit that I have ever seen on a fighting game. But I have to say it plays closer to SF than 3rd Strike.

I like to use the V-Ism for certain characters, yes, but I mainly play with X and Z.

For all the shit that SFA3 gets for the VCs, it's not like the CCs in Alpha 2 were any better.  I can still remember people saying "Valle CCs break the game!!" all over Usenet.

And why do you hate T. Hawk?  He is not going anywhere and he rocks.

Don't like his design.  Never have.  He needs a redesign and special move overhaul.

Depending on your level of play, V-ism is going to be shoved in your face whether you like it or not.  The mechanic is game-breaking and there are only a couple characters who play significantly better without it.

Yup.  But I still love the game to death.   :)
ど助平

Catz

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 05:57:40 AM »

The best in the SF series, what do you think is the best?

BTW, i will post some snaps from the game later.

:)

Street Fighter II the animated movie is the best. The Chun Li vs Vega fight is spiffy.
U