Author Topic: "Boring?"  (Read 915 times)

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
"Boring?"
« on: April 30, 2007, 12:17:39 AM »
DOESN'T LOOK FUCKING BORING TO ME.

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/movies/hdtrailers/warnerbros/harrypotterandtheorderofthephoenix/720/?http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mo/orderofthephoenixtrailer_720.qtl

Good casting? Check

Art design? Check.

WINNAR? Remains to be seen, but I'm looking forward to it. Then again, liking Harry Potter automatically makes me a horrible person on this forum, but whatever. The film is most definitely going to be better than Pirates (not a fan of the Pirates series) and might oust Spider-Man 3 for summer blockbuster of the summer (in quality, not box office numbers, for that, my pick is still Spider-Man).

« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 12:22:33 AM by Bloodwake »
HLR

Himu

Re: "Boring?"
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 12:19:20 AM »
Is there a better link for this trailer?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 12:20:33 AM »
What is the movie featured in this thread anyways? Is it called Boring?
IYKYK

brandonh83

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 12:20:46 AM »

Himu

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 12:23:16 AM »
Is this thread an in joke?
IYKYK

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 12:23:26 AM »
Try the link now.

No, it's the new Harry Potter you dolts. Willco called the trailer boring, and that's a reference to it.
HLR

Himu

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 12:23:58 AM »
Harry Potter book 5 is pretty boring.
IYKYK

brandonh83

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 12:26:01 AM »
Not if you're into the characters and universe. And it has the best battle sequence in all the books so far. It's slow, yes, and extremely long, but I didn't have a problem with it.

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 12:27:25 AM »
Not if you're into the characters and universe. And it has the best battle sequence in all the books so far. It's slow, yes, and extremely long, but I didn't have a problem with it.

Sounds about right. Epic battle, awesome locations, and one ultimate bitch. Makes it my favorite book in the series, and so far, the movie looks good.
HLR

Himu

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 12:27:49 AM »
Hell no. The character in 5 were pretty crap tastic. I hate Harry in that book. WOW I HAVE A CHRISTMAS PRESENT I HAVEN'T OPENED YET AND IT'S FUCKING JUNE. OPENING IT EARLIER WOULD HAVE SAVED MY FUTURE FOSTER FATHER'S LIFE BUT INSTEAD I WAS A DUMB FUCK.

The best of book 5, I reiterate, are the parts where Harry teaches the kids in secret and Neville owns shit up.

Book 6 > *

I hated that bitch in book 5. I wanted her to die.
IYKYK

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 12:29:58 AM »
I totally disagree. I wanted to take my foot and shove it through the pages right up Umbridge's ass. What a fucking cunt.

But that's what the reader was supposed to do. Rowling put this bitch in there for the readers to hate, and hate her we did. I had a Satanic fucking hatred for that bitch.
HLR

Himu

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 12:34:12 AM »
So did I.

I don't know, book 5 is my least favorite Potter book but I was STILL addicted to the damn thing. I have a love/hate it relationship with the book. It just feels too damn long, and a lot of the teenage angst pisses me off.
IYKYK

brandonh83

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 12:34:39 AM »
Can't really blame Harry myself over how he acted in it. I thought he had more than enough reason personally. Aside from Harry's pissy attitude I don't see how the characters were really that different than they were in the other books.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 12:35:53 AM »
read artemis fowl you faggers
萌え~

Himu

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 12:35:58 AM »
Well yeah, it was generally Harry. The other characters were okay, but Sirius got some good development.

I hated how long it took Hermione and Ron to just admit they want to jump each other's bones. I don't know why she waited for book 6 to include that. In book 5 there's more cock teasing.

Plus, Che Cho. That bitch deserves a spell up her dirty vagina.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 12:40:23 AM »
Here's a youtube for those who don't want to dl.

[youtube=425,350]GLud6yM47u8[/youtube]
IYKYK

brandonh83

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 12:41:03 AM »
 :lol In the movie Cho
spoiler (click to show/hide)
is the one that rats out the DA to Umbridge
[close]

Himu

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 12:42:37 AM »
:lol In the movie Cho
spoiler (click to show/hide)
is the one that rats out the DA to Umbridge
[close]

Even more reason to hate the Chinese slut.

Umbridge isn't ugly or fat enough in the movie.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 12:46:28 AM »
I'm impressed. The trailer looks better than the book.
IYKYK

brandonh83

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 12:48:37 AM »
Ugh matching stuff up in the books perfectly is never going to happen, besides I think she perfectly gives off that evil elementary school teacher vibe which is essentially what Rowling was trying to do with her in the first place. Besides it's all about performance and Imelda Staunton is a wonderful actress. I think she looks close enough to how I pictured the film version of her. Getting someone that would look like what Rowling describes would have required the casting agent to cast a hideous overweight midget who probably can't act.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 12:50:56 AM by brandonh83 »

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 12:49:23 AM »
Ugh matching stuff up in the books perfectly is never going to happen, besides I think she perfectly gives off that evil elementary school teacher vibe which is essentially what Rowling was trying to do with her in the first place. Besides it's all about performance and Imelda Staunton is a wonderful actress. I think she looks close enough to how I pictured the film version of her.

I think you should send me your screenplay sir.
HLR

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 01:44:27 PM »
Is it just me or does Umbridge look a lot like Laura Bush?
WDW