Author Topic: Anyone here own and play Resident Evil Deadly Silence or whatever it is  (Read 2498 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Im on the edge of buying this game but despite indications of it being faithful to the original, im afraid its a TRAP and its really just new-handhelditis, working its sad magic on me.

So the original voices are in it?
Is the crappy FMV in it? Is it basically the Directors Cut?
Is the added touch screen stuff something I can ignore?
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Doesn't demi own all of these shitty games?
PSP

MrAngryFace

I was hoping.
o_0

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
I got it free from Capcom when I use to "review" games, but I still have never opened it...that and Megaman Battle Transmission.

Picked it up last week. Played through original mode once. They added a few things like quick turn, and the RE4 knife (doesn't use inventory space; can be equipped by holding 'L'). I'm a pretty big fan of the main series RE games so the purchase was justified. I just didn't feel compelled to play it through a 2nd time after I finished it.

Does anyone think RE2 and RE3 would be possible on this hardware? I would so buy a portable RE2.
}Ö{

MrAngryFace

How faithful of a port is it, is anything missing?
o_0

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Im on the edge of buying this game but despite indications of it being faithful to the original, im afraid its a TRAP and its really just new-handhelditis, working its sad magic on me.

So the original voices are in it?
Is the crappy FMV in it? Is it basically the Directors Cut?
Is the added touch screen stuff something I can ignore?

yes
yes
yes
yes, unless you are doing Rebirth Mode
fat

MrAngryFace

Awesome, gonna buy it.
o_0

G The Resurrected

Yeah i'm gonna go get it today as well i think. Get it at bestbuy use the gamer gift card makes it 28 bucks after taxes.

MrAngryFace

I bought it, freaked out cause I thought I couldnt turn green blood off haha. Looks great tho.
o_0

pitohui

• great poison god bird
Yeah, Classic Mode is the way to go. Some of the Rebirth puzzles are kind of cool (giving Richard mouth-to-mouth with the mic is hilarious) but the knifing is pretty dumb. Zombies are slow and stupid, but dogs and hunters require some precision and can be frustrating as all hell.

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag

Does anyone think RE2 and RE3 would be possible on this hardware? I would so buy a portable RE2.

The DS shouldn't have any problems doing RE2 and 3.
HOT

MrAngryFace

haha the mouth to mouth thing is hilarious. Ill stick to classic.

Id LOVE to fucking play RE2 and 3 on DS
o_0