Poll

which one of these shows sucked the most?

6 (33.3%)
1 (5.6%)
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: worst late 90s/early 00s sitcom about fashion and/or a magazine: an eb poll  (Read 3937 times)

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
the lineup:

veronica's closet: a pair of fat chicks ironically run a fashion business and write romantic advice books. i vaguely remember there being a gay assistant that got all the subplots to himself. to be honest, i couldn't get past rebecca from cheers' fat chick angst. the plots were largely the same: veronica whines a lot, dates a hot guy, and then whines some more, shoving her porcine snout full of bon bons. occasionally we'd get a sort of office comedy plot involving her uglier, fatter friend.
- high points: hey, fat ugly chick dates/marries hot duder is a nice reversal from fat ugly dude dates/marries hot chick that typifies most american family sitcoms; only three seasons compared to the other two offerings.
- low points: anus h0g empowerment; trite romantic and sexual observations are an audiovisual ipecac; you remember when kirstie alley was hot in that movie with john larroquette and you weep, because l. ron hubbard stuffed her dull face with chocolate-covered thetans.

just shoot me: steven levitan produced this screwball office comedy about a bunch of two-dimensional misfits running a fashion magazine. george segal shits on his own career by playing a white collar homer simpson, and veronica mars' dad plays an aids victim-cum-playboy.  the plots generally ignored the actual magazine business and focused primarily on trying to get david spade and enrico colatoni to slapfight, or jokes about wendy malick's withered vagina.
 - high points: david cross played a faux-distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, little donny, who admittedly was one of the best recurring characters in an american sitcom.
 - low points: brian posehn as a romantic interest for wendy malick's character; david spade's all-too-frequent falsetto; any father-daughter subplot involving tv's second worst actress, laura san giacomo; enrico colatoni boning supermodels and then crying after sex.

suddenly susan: how this series got greenlighted -- and then ran for FOUR FUCKING SEASONS -- is beyond me. the plot's primary conceit is that a dumb talentless twat named brooke shields gets a writing job at a san francisco newspaper, and she is very goofy and everyone lols and then kathy griffin shows up and everyone hangs themselves with power cords when she opens her terrier's yapping maw. really, i know i've seen a few episodes, but all i remember is kathy griffin's ear-grating chatter and brooke shield's monstrously uncomfortable small screen presence. i think there was a wop that made sexual innuendo all the time. i don't remember. in fact, thinking about this show makes me wanna die.
 - high points: can't think of any, except that one of the cast members killed himself out of shame.
 - low points: seasons 1 through 4; introduced kathy griffin to the world and increased self-inflicted gunshot wounds across regular nbc viewership by 3%
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 04:55:20 PM by Professor Prole »
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
suddenly susan was NEVER funny.  not one fucking moment.  Just Shoot Me at least made me chuckle once or twice.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
they all make me want to commit suicide
萌え~

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
Just Shoot Me had whatsherfucks' beautiful rack so I can't hate on that, even though I don't think I've ever sat through an episode of that show.
dap

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
that would be tv's second worst actress, laura san giacomo. her rack was gi-normous and wonderfully proportioned, but her face looked lik a catcher's mitt -- and was about as expressive, to boot. i'm pretty sure i stopped watching the stand because her acting was so godawful.
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
that would be tv's second worst actress, laura san giacomo. her rack was gi-normous and wonderfully proportioned, but her face looked lik a catcher's mitt -- and was about as expressive, to boot. i'm pretty sure i stopped watching the stand because her acting was so godawful.
yes.  she looks like she's on crack half the time.

G The Resurrected

ah many a times i'd catch just shoot me and shoot my load when i was younger then stay around for spades comedy.

Suddenly suzane was the one that i hated

Cyanista

• IGNORE ME
they all make me want to commit suicide

+1 

Most Sitcoms do. 
omg

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Just Shoot Me is substantially better than the other two.  Although I can't tell the other two apart, I will assume that Veronica's Closet is the worse because of Kirstie "I ruined Cheers" Alley.
serge

Saint Cornelius

I was trying to find a hot pic when I came up with this

Now I think I broke my dick.
dap

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
duc

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Just Shoot Me had some funny eps
o_0

Saint Cornelius

Also, what's up with no nudes of Ms. San Giacomo?
dap

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i forgot about mtv's dan cortese as ZANY OFFICE BUDDY in veronica's closet.
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
come on, folks; suddenly susan should be winning this poll by a country mile.
duc

Cyanista

• IGNORE ME
I voted for suddenly susan even though I've never watched an entire episode.  I saw enough to realize they neutered Judd Nelson and fed him gravy for a month before filming started.
omg

MrAngryFace

Who the fuck is voting suddenly susan?! Just Shoot Me > *
o_0

G The Resurrected

Who the fuck is voting suddenly susan?! Just Shoot Me > *

its called WORST

Cyanista

• IGNORE ME
Now we see why you weren't called Mr. Reading Comprehension Face.
omg

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Just Shoot Me is substantially better than the other two.  Although I can't tell the other two apart, I will assume that Veronica's Closet is the worse because of Kirstie "I ruined Cheers" Alley.

^^

I'm sad to say I've watched all of these sitcoms (MUST SEE THURSDAY LOLZ).

Suddenly Susan had Kathie Griffin as the bitchy friend ... so it get .25 of a point for that.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
shall i reset the poll? because it's clear where just shoot me got its two votes!
duc

TVC15

Only one of those shows has a direct link to Veronica Mars, and that show is the best of the three.

This is a picture of Veronica with all the people that raped her in season 3.
serge

Saint Cornelius

:lol

I am sad to say that I've seen signs all over San Diego saying "V. Mars" and I know a couple of places where they do the filming, but I've never seen one episode of that show.

Supposedly the San Digo Film economy is taking a big hit from that shows' cancellation.
dap

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Only one of those shows has a direct link to Veronica Mars, and that show is the best of the three.

(Image removed from quote.)

I wish I was in that picture.  :-\
AMC

TVC15

(Image removed from quote.)

I wish I was in that picture.  :-\

Here's the season 2 "We raped Veronica" lineup:

serge

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
Just Shoot Me was the least bad one.

MrAngryFace

Now we see why you weren't called Mr. Reading Comprehension Face.

FUK YOU GUYS IM GONNA POST ABOUT MY PHONE BOOKS!
o_0

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
Just Shoot Me, because of David Spade.
/thread.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Why can't we change our votes on polls?
WDW

lordmaji

• It's a joke, not a dick, so don't take it so hard!
Suddenly Susan was fucking horrible. I could never watch an entire episode. Even when it was rerun on late late night fox and nothing else was on and I was to poor to have cable. I would just shut the damn TV off. fucking terrible.
:-[