Author Topic: THE DARK FUCKING KNIGHT  (Read 8376 times)

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
THE DARK FUCKING KNIGHT
« on: July 31, 2006, 10:41:25 PM »
Forrget Spider-Man 2. Batman is coming. The Dark Knight is the official title of Batman Begins 2. Ledger is also in for Joker 100%.

Source: Warner Bros. Pictures July 31, 2006

As a follow up to last year's blockbuster Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan is set to direct Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dark Knight, written by Jonathan Nolan, based on a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. The film will be produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan. Additionally, Christian Bale will resume his role as Bruce Wayne and Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has been cast as The Joker. The announcements were made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Christopher Nolan revamped the Batman franchise in 2005 with the immensely successful Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale in the title role, which chronicled the early years of the superhero. Nolan first garnered attention from critics and fans in 2000 with the groundbreaking drama "Memento," which he wrote and directed. He went on to direct the thriller "Insomnia," starring Al Pacino and Robin Williams, and recently wrapped production on "The Prestige," with Hugh Jackman and Bale.

Bale was most recently seen in the ensemble cast of Terrence Malick's "The New World." His other credits include "Little Women," "Portrait of a Lady," "Metroland," "American Psycho," "Laurel Canyon" and Steven Spielberg's "Empire of the Sun," which was his first starring role.

Ledger most recently earned Oscar Golden Globe, BAFTA and SAG Award nominations and won the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in the award-winning drama "Brokeback Mountain." His other credits include "Casanova," "Monster's Ball," "Lords of Dogtown," "The Brothers Grimm" and "The Patriot."

"Chris' unique vision is what made 'Batman Begins' such an outstanding film and we could not imagine anyone else at the helm of 'The Dark Knight,'" said Robinov. "We also can't wait to see two such formidable actors as Christian and Heath face off with each other as Batman and The Joker."

"I'm excited to continue the story we started with 'Batman Begins,'" added Nolan. "Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale's Batman is going to be incredible."

Production is set to begin on The Dark Knight in early 2007.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: THE DARK FUCKING KNIGHT
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:46:52 PM »
BROKEBAT MOUNTAIN HERE WE CUM
PSP

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 10:47:20 PM »
The Dark Knight....

Much better title than Spider-Man 3, if I do say so myself.

Dark Knight FTW.... holy shit, this movie is going to own.
HLR

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 10:48:51 PM »
Hey now, Sam Raimi wanted The Amazing Spider-Man as the title of Spider-Man 2 and The Spectacular Spider-Man for 3.  It's those damn suits at Sony!
PSP

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 10:51:01 PM »
Hey now, Sam Raimi wanted The Amazing Spider-Man as the title of Spider-Man 2 and The Spectacular Spider-Man for 3.  It's those damn suits at Sony!

He should have gone with Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man

HOT

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 10:52:18 PM »

Well, I didn't know that, damnit.

Thouse would have been better titles.
HLR

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 10:54:14 PM »
They didn't change the title to Spider-Man 2 until right before they started releasing official public media.  It was actually titled The Amazing Spider-Man well into production.
PSP

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 10:56:21 PM »
Two things need to happen for Batman: Dark Knight

1.  No love interest

2.  No Bruce Wayne. 

Just Batman, for 2+ hours, kicking ass, inspiriing terror, and hunting the Joker, while the Joker is killing people, being scary, and is a fucking terrifying mad man.

HOT

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 10:57:31 PM »
What?  Bale's take of Bruce Wayne was one of the best parts about Batman Begins!
PSP

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 11:00:56 PM »
What?  Bale's take of Bruce Wayne was one of the best parts about Batman Begins!

Yes it was, but the flip side was that we didn't get enough Batman in Begins.  I want more Batman! 
HOT

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 11:13:27 PM »
Who gives a shit about Batballs and Spider Scat, this man takes dumps in both their hats...

*wtf, its so awesome when you make something rhyme unintentionally
:9

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 11:19:04 PM »
I'm not sure I like the rumors about the storyline featuring the Joker as just an albino who dyes his hair green and wears lipstick.
sup

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 11:19:32 PM »
 ;)
BKO

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 11:19:47 PM »
BATMAN VS IRON MAN
o_0

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 11:21:16 PM »
Plastic Man needs a movie.  Plastic Man > rest of the Avengers and JLA combined.
HOT

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 11:24:27 PM »
I thought this was called Batman: The Dark Knight, not simply The Dark Knight.

Now I'm even more psyched  ;D
BKO

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 11:26:27 PM »
Plastic Man needs a movie.  Plastic Man > rest of the Avengers and JLA combined.

Goddamned right, as long as whoever makes it stays far, far away from that truly shitty script the Wachowski brothers wrote.
sup

Vania

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 11:41:36 PM »
the movie is gonna rock :)
the dark knight :o :o :o

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 11:42:46 PM »

Goddamned right, as long as whoever makes it stays far, far away from that truly shitty script the Wachowski brothers wrote.

After Revolutions and Reloaded, the Wachowski's shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of any movie production.
HOT

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 11:44:49 PM »

After Revolutions and Reloaded, the Wachowski's shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of any movie production.
Have you seen V for Vendetta yet...?
BKO

Vania

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 11:45:33 PM »

:'(

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 11:48:00 PM »

Exactly. FUCK. V for Vendetta FTW. It's the Wachowski comeback movie, and I think it's also proof that they only need to do single films instead of trilogies... it's how they work the best.
HLR

rocketman

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 11:51:18 PM »
Batman Begins was the best comic book movie ever made.

Hard to say if The Dark Knight will be better than a Spiderman movie with Venom, but who knows.

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 11:52:43 PM »

Hard to say if The Dark Knight will be better than a Spiderman movie with Venom, but who knows.
Dude, its the Joker done right.... the origin of Two-Face....

Yeah. And it doesn't cram like 5 different baddies and 10 relationships into one movie. It will be much better.
BKO

rocketman

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 11:53:16 PM »

Dude, its the Joker done right.... the origin of Two-Face....

Yeah. And it doesn't cram like 5 different baddies and 10 relationships into one movie. It will be much better.
'

but....VENOM

:'(

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 11:54:13 PM »

Actually I did see V and I loved it.  It was so good I guess my brain has repressed the memory that the Wachowski's had their smelly hands all over it. 

Now I'm all confused and crying in the shower.  Thanks a lot Shake. 
HOT

rocketman

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 11:55:50 PM »

Actually I did see V and I loved it.  It was so good I guess my brain has repressed the memory that the Wachowski's had their smelly hands all over it. 

The Watchmen > V for Vendetta.

We NEED a Watchmen movie.

Think Incredibles, but with an intelligent storyline and blood and guts.

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 11:56:35 PM »

Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha

EDIT -- I swear I'm going to be the one to direct the Watchmen adaptation. I just hope Warner can hold out a few more years, and I'd be happy to take the reigns. I've been studying up on David Hayter's script as of late :P
BKO

rocketman

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2006, 12:03:22 AM »

EDIT -- I swear I'm going to be the one to direct the Watchmen adaptation. I just hope Warner can hold out a few more years, and I'd be happy to take the reigns. I've been studying up on David Hayter's script as of late :P

Watchmen has been passed up by soooo many directors, it's pathetic. The movie NEEDS to be made.

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2006, 12:04:03 AM »
God, this movie is going to BLOW.
sig

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2006, 12:06:10 AM »

Watchmen has been passed up by soooo many directors, it's pathetic. The movie NEEDS to be made.

A MASTER SHAKE Film  :P
BKO

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2006, 12:06:37 AM »
God, this movie is going to BLOW ME THE FUCK AWAY WITH ITS AWESOMENESS
YEA IT IS MAN
AMC

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 12:07:42 AM »
God, this movie is going to BLOW.

MEH TO YOU
püp

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2006, 12:12:07 AM »
YEA IT IS MAN

You know, I honestly hope it turns out good.  I liked some aspects of Begins, but it was not the greatest superhero movie or any of that jazz.  FOR ME.

But everything I've heard so far about The Dark Knight just makes me cringe.
sig

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2006, 12:12:45 AM »
YEA IT IS MAN

You know, I honestly hope it turns out good.  I liked some aspects of Begins, but it was not the greatest superhero movie or any of that jazz.  FOR ME.

But everything I've heard so far about The Dark Knight just makes me cringe.
Because you hate good things?
BKO

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2006, 12:13:55 AM »
sig

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2006, 12:15:46 AM »
Because you hate good things?

???
How can you possibly think that all of the Dark Knight news has been dissapointing? Were you expecting them to announce you as the Joker or something? The news has made this sounds better and better as time has gone by. I don't see the point of your argument.
BKO

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2006, 12:17:52 AM »
How can you possibly think that all of the Dark Knight news has been dissapointing? Were you expecting them to announce you as the Joker or something? The news has made this sounds better and better as time has gone by. I don't see the point of your argument.

what. am. I. arguing. ?.

All I said was that the news surrounding this project has been disappointing to me.  Ledger.  Possible storyline.  etc.. 

sig

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2006, 12:19:22 AM »

what. am. I. arguing. ?.

All I said was that the news surrounding this project has been disappointing to me.  Ledger.  Possible storyline.  etc.. 

"God, this movie is going to BLOW."

Sounds like you've pretty much made up your mind based on a possible storyline (which makes perfect sense) and the fact that they cast Ledger as the Joker.
BKO

rocketman

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2006, 12:20:49 AM »

what. am. I. arguing. ?.

Sounds like you've pretty much made up your mind based on a possible storyline (which makes perfect sense) and the fact that they cast Ledger as the Joker.

Ledger really isn't a bad choice for the role, but fanboys always complain about casting. Always.

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 12:23:06 AM »

Yes, yes I have.

Is that okay?
sig

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 12:24:30 AM »

Yes, yes I have.

Is that okay?
Sure, just don't expect people to take your ass seriously...  ::)
BKO

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2006, 12:27:09 AM »

I don't know why I would have expected anything from anyone, considering all I did was post my OPINION in this thread.

I was reading Batman/Detective Comics while you were still in diapers and I'm super-L337... SO DON'T FUCK WITH ME I'M SERIOUS
sig

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2006, 12:54:08 AM »
Error likes Batman '89 more than Begins. He isn't to be taken seriously.

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2006, 12:55:19 AM »
Heh, you know it baby.  Burton is my god.
sig

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2006, 12:55:25 AM »

I don't know why I would have expected anything from anyone, considering all I did was post my OPINION in this thread.

I was reading Batman/Detective Comics while you were still in diapers and I'm super-L337... SO DON'T FUCK WITH ME I'M SERIOUS
It's funny, I've only been reading Batman and DC shit for a year and I already feel I know more than you. :P
püp

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2006, 12:58:01 AM »
Hmm, I don't remember posting anything that would allow someone to glean the depths of my knowledge.  :P
sig