Author Topic: Your PERSONAL favorite sports moments of all time?  (Read 633 times)

Hollywood

Your PERSONAL favorite sports moments of all time?
« on: September 15, 2006, 01:24:15 AM »
Here's mine (mind you, I live in Louisville, and University of Louisville is my favorite college team, and overall team):

- Michael Jordan's return to basketball in 1995. I was a killer Bulls fan and loved MJ. It's kinda a multi favorite moment - but when he hit the close to last second shot versus Utah in the 1998 Finals to win it all, that was awesome. My favorite in game moment. When he retired (FOR GOOD) with the Wizards, it wasn't a game of significance, but when he went to the bench that was surreal, truly the end of an era.

- 2000 Football game - Louisville vs. Kentucky. Not a major game on the national scene by any means, but UL finished 9-2 on the year and went to the Liberty Bowl, and UL vs. UK is THE rivalry around here, mainly in basketball but it carried over to football. Anyway it was a tied game and UL was driving late in the 4th for the win, and fumbled (it was actualy caused by a referee accidently hitting the ball when the QB was running). A UK player ran to the other end and an offensive guy made a game saving tackle on the one, but it looked all but over. UK ran 3 straight rushing plays at the goal line that didn't go in, and ran down the clock to the end and UL blocked a FG at the end of regulation to save it and goto OT. Around the end before OT it was coming down outside too and there was tornado warnings and the game had to be dealyed like 45 minutes. UL goes into OT and stops UK on their OT possession and a UL player runs first play into the endzone as the rain was falling to win it. Awesome. awesome game.

FAVORITE EVER:

2005 Elite 8 game with West Virginia. UL was down 20 in the first half, WVU was hitting EVERYTHING. Raining threes from EVERYWHERE. NCAA tourney records for three's were broken in this game. UL fought back and drained threes like crazy in the second half to come back and force OT. UL wins in OT and goes to the Final Four. On a side note the bar I was in and drunk as hell at halftime made an awesome atmosphere. Everyone was pumped after this game, my favorite moment ever.

rocketman

Re: Your PERSONAL favorite sports moments of all time?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 11:38:52 AM »
Super Bowl XXXI, Green Bay d. New England 35-21

Reggie White, who was robbed of the MVP award, walks away with 3 sacks on the day. A great moment for the greatest defensive player in NFL history.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 02:01:38 PM »
That baseball strike..you know the one...s
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 03:14:48 PM »
Redskins over the Bills in the Super Bowl - take that you loser, Jim Kelly (perennial Super Bowl loser!)
PSP