Author Topic: dungeon maker psp is scrumptious buttered dungeon sex in demi's asshole  (Read 2414 times)

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i bought this yesterday on tim rogers' recommendation. yes, fucking tim rogers. someone assface on qt3 linked to the heather campbell review of twilight shitcess and i "accidentally" clicked on the front page link, where i caught a glimpse of that snarky babbling fuck's review of dungeon maker. unforunately, he made it sound pretty awesome -- i think he actually said "...like diablo..." at some point in the review -- and so i bought it because if it's like diablo, i buy it as a rule.

anyway, it's by the dudes who made exit, and it is vastly superior to any ds game not titled etrian odyssey. basically, every game day, you, as the hero, go into an abandoned dungeon and expand it, butchering and looting any monsters therein, DIABLO STYLE. you add corridors and rooms and try to create layouts that will attract monsters with better loot or quest monsters or bosses. there are very few load times, it moves really fast, it looks really polished, and it has the addictive "JUST ONE MORE DAY I GOTTA SEE IF MY NEW FOUNTAIN ROOM ATTRACTED A GOOD MONSTER OR GOT SOME PHAT LEWT" quality.

BUY BUY BUY. if you do not buy it you are a papangus; no, you are worse, you are a FUCK MORAN. BUY. sell your ds to buy it. if you buy it, i will be your friend and i will let you touch my dick. BUY.
duc

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I got to the part where you said Tim Rogers (lol, he doesn't want his name capitalized, fuck him) and stopped reading.  If you had really wanted anyone to read your post, you would have left his name off until the very end of your rant.
PS4

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
tim rogers hates the psp. you hate the psp. therefore you are tim rogers.
duc

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
He's a far better writer than I'll ever be.
PS4

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
and i bet he gets crazy jappa poon, too! he's a rock star livin' in japan!
duc

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
does it have any form of story? can i see myself reaching an end and going "game's over" ?

or is it one of those games where you just go on and on and on and on until you're pretty much tired of it (see: sim city)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 01:50:31 PM by demi »
fat

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas

He's pretty much everything I want to be in life.
PS4

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
once you build 20 levels of the dungeon and corral the WANDERING DEMON, it's largely over. There's no real plot, though. Plot in a console RPG is for disgusting homojapuals.
duc

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
What about .Hack GU?
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
.hack GU 3 is not out yet, comrade!
duc

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
once you build 20 levels of the dungeon and corral the WANDERING DEMON, it's largely over. There's no real plot, though. Plot in a console RPG is for disgusting homojapuals.

Is there at least a dating sim aspect?  That would be hawt.  Like Azure Dreams on PSX.
PS4

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
no, the art direction isn't particularly animu. dating sims are creepy, you dirty ur-homojapual! go play ar tonelico with patel!
duc

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Dating sims are pretty fucking awesome.
PS4

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
duc

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Played any good loli rape sims lately?  :-*
PS4

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
tim rogers likes earthbound

credibility +4325436546

he probably wrote the longest review of all time for it as well
萌え~

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
come on, motheryiffers, this game is AWESOME. i can't stop playing!
duc

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

boring, guess i'll wait for Radiant Mythology
fat

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
:'(
duc

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
this game is boring, removed it

at least it gave me a reason to update to 3.40 OE
fat

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas

he was tapping some gravia idol at one point, but then he went all stalker tastic on her and she had to remove her official fan page forum and her mixi account - authorities may or may not have been involved.

pics of the chick plz
PS4

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
what is a "gravia idol" or do i really not want to know
duc

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
To clarify even further, gravia or gravure idols are girls who make videos where they dress provocatively and strike provocative poses and do completely inane shit for about forty minutes.  There is no nudity, so it's like the ultimate cocktease.
PS4

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i do not understand japan. but i sure do love dungeon maker!
duc

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
i hacked my psp's xmb with a new theme

holla
fat

Mana Knight

I'm really debating whether I should get the game or not.  I'm very big into RPGs oh course, but haven't heard many impressions on the game (so I've been unsure).  The concept sounds really cool though.  It might be over a month until I get it, since July is going to crush me (too many awesome PSP releases).

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
How is the actual dungeon-building aspect? Do they give you lots of options? I'm probably gonna get this game when I finish Crush.
^_^

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
yeah, there's a load of options -- way moreso than dungeon keeper.
duc

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I bought this today from EB. The conversation went like this:

Guy: Can I help you?
Me: Yes, I was wondering if you had Dungeon Maker for the PSP?
Guy: Oh, we don't have that.
(His tone of voice implied that the reason they did not have the game was because iut did not exist and I was totally making it up.)
Me: Could you check?
Guy: Okay... (tap tap tap) Huh. We have one copy.
Me: Thanks!

Perhaps I will soon play it!
乱学者

MrAngryFace

im addicted to MLB 07 The Show on PSP and Crush
o_0

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Could someone write some proper impressions for Crush?  MAF failed oh so miserably.   :'(
ど助平

MrAngryFace

You should just buy it
o_0

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Could someone write some proper impressions for Crush?  MAF failed oh so miserably.   :'(

um sho nuff wrote a huge essay on it
fat

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon

um sho nuff wrote a huge essay on it

yeah uh read what sho nuff wrote
乱学者

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I missed that!  I'll go check it out now. 
ど助平

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
anyway, it's by the dudes who made exit

anyway, it's by the dudes who made exit

anyway, IT'S BY THE DUDES WHO MADE EXIT

Holy shit, FUCKING SOLD. I know it's out in the States, but is it out in Japan under another name? It might be play-asia time.

Also, tell me how are zee load times.

btw I just finished Crush and I had a brain orgasm

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
oh my God
they should have sent a poet
this game combines the crack of The Sims with the crack of Diablo to create CRACK 2: HYPERCRACK
instead of a regular roguelike's single recursive skinner box of character->loot->character
this is an impossible slave trade triangle of character->dungeon->loot->character
you can pick up any dungeon pieces at any time with no penalty meaning you don't just build your dungeon you caress and nurture your dungeon constantly
oh my God
乱学者

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
no real load times worth mentioning; there's like a 3-5 second wait when you exit the dungeon to go to town but that's it
duc

Holy shit! This is good so far. Addictive and deep but still shallow enough for pick-up-and-play purposes. I'm weary of jappa RPG's these days, but this is a breath of fresh air.
}Ö{

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
update: I just cleared floor 2 and am starting to sour a bit on the game. the basic combat mechanics are just too janky to keep me playing much longer. too bad, cause the core concept is genius and the spawning of enemies, etc. is pretty good. it's just not as much fun to whack em over the head as it should be, and the simplistic loot is also a downer. ah well... 8 hours of fun is pretty good I guess!
乱学者