Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 946182 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread - Royal Rumble this weekend! ROMAN REIGNS TO HUNT WABBIT
« Reply #1800 on: January 25, 2015, 10:36:00 PM »
LOL.  This Rumble is a giant "fuck you" from the WWE to fans.  Ziggler comes out, gets momentum, knock-out punch from Big Slow.  Kane and Show then just pick up the "KO'd" Ziggler and Wyatt, who was doing nothing, and toss them out.  Crowd is booing like crazy again.

Now it's Reigns, Ambrose, Kane, and Big Show.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread - Royal Rumble this weekend! ROMAN REIGNS TO HUNT WABBIT
« Reply #1801 on: January 25, 2015, 10:37:17 PM »
LOL, Ambrose out from Big Show and Kane.

Crowd is loudly chanting "BULLSHIT."  Show started laughing.   :lol
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #1802 on: January 25, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
boy am i glad i didn't watch all of this
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1803 on: January 25, 2015, 10:39:27 PM »
Reigns wins, as everyone expected.  Boo stream continues.

Show and Kane are back in the ring beating up Reigns.

ROCK TIME!!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1804 on: January 25, 2015, 10:39:45 PM »
Yup, Rock is out to put Reigns over.  Got the crowd back.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1805 on: January 25, 2015, 10:41:48 PM »
LOL, never-ending.  Rusev is back in...they are now saying he was never eliminated.  Reigns just threw him out and now his music is playing.  Dude looks like he is going to cry from the boos, lmao.

They showed Brock watching on a monitor with Heyman.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1806 on: January 25, 2015, 10:43:52 PM »
Not even Rock can stop the boos now.  HHH and Stephanie out with a Rock/Reigns staredown.

WWE should not have pushed Reigns like this.  This feels way too forced.  It's funny that Rock is out there because it reminds me of how Rock got booed when they showed him down everyone's throats after his babyface debut.

boy am i glad i didn't watch all of this

The only things worth watching are the title match and Bubba and DDP in the Rumble.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #1807 on: January 25, 2015, 10:46:14 PM »
Rock getting booed.

Based smark crowd. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1808 on: January 25, 2015, 10:46:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/559556670871719936

The Iron Sheik @the_ironsheik
CROWD SHIT ON THE ROYAL RUMBLE #RoyalRumble2015

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1809 on: January 25, 2015, 10:47:12 PM »
Rock getting booed.

Based smark crowd.

Nah, they were booing Reigns.  Rock got cheers when he came out.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1810 on: January 25, 2015, 10:49:33 PM »
I love how they brought out the rock hoping he would kill the boos but the crowd booed anyway.

Man, for a while it was just boring big wrestlers coming in like it's Vince McMahon's wet dream or something  :lol People really don't like Reigns, do they?

To be fair, a lot this was the Philly crowd.  But they are cramming Reigns down everyone's throats when people want the top new babyface to be Daniel Bryan.  WWE just doesn't give a fuck.  It makes no sense, either.  Guys like Rock, Austin, and even Cena became top guys after the crowd got behind them.  You can't tell people who to cheer for. 

If it were me, I would have kept Reigns heel and gave him a manager since he can't talk.  He would have been good as Rollins' enforcer.  Hell, he can stay babyface and be Ambrose's enforcer.  Dude just isn't ready to be on his own and get a push like this.  WWE is even crazier than I thought they were.  What are they going to do after Bork carries him and leaves?  Not sure if I'll still be watching after Mania to care.  They're killing this for me to the point that I am beginning to not even want to suffer through PPVs anymore.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1811 on: January 25, 2015, 10:54:41 PM »
The Fallout show is on now.  They are interviewing Rock and Reigns.  Rock is trying to make the interviewer talk to Reigns, but Reigns is blowing it so Rock is taking over again.   :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1812 on: January 25, 2015, 11:04:40 PM »
Am I wrong or did they somehow do their patented "destroy a guy's character where the crowd doesn't care anymore" with Ambrose. Last I heard he was getting big pops for a bit. At least Brock is handled well, I guess.

He still seems to be a crowd favorite.  The problem is that he's been stuck in a feud with Wyatt and kept out of all the Authority-related stuff on TV.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread - @the_ironsheik: CROWD SHIT ON THE ROYAL RUMBLE
« Reply #1813 on: January 25, 2015, 11:09:51 PM »

:lol
ど助平

dkdk

« Reply #1814 on: January 25, 2015, 11:39:17 PM »
shame on the wwe for that rumble. that was some absolutely bitchmade booking.
ending on the rock getting cheers and roman getting boos was high comedy.

wwe title match was fun though even if it was a finisher spam fest. didn't see any of the other matches.

El Babua

« Reply #1815 on: January 25, 2015, 11:44:12 PM »
Haha, glad I didn't spend any effort trying to watch this.

I predicted this almost a year ago, smh. Still pissed that D-Brine never got to hit his potential as a face, but that's life (and the WWE for the last decade).

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1816 on: January 26, 2015, 12:23:26 AM »
Hi

Himu

« Reply #1817 on: January 26, 2015, 12:28:44 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Glad I missed it so I could witness this comedy. I may watch Raw tomorrow for the fuckery. :rofl
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #1818 on: January 26, 2015, 12:32:40 AM »
They learned nothing from last year. NOTHING. That crowd was wonderful though. :lol
Hi

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1819 on: January 26, 2015, 12:35:49 AM »
That was the first time I'd watched any WWE programming in... 6 years? 7? Something like that.

The championship match was awesome. From what the people I watched the show with told me, I really, really like the way they've booked Lesnar. He's a fucking beast, he doesn't show up all that often, and when he does it's a special thing. I'm fine with a mostly inactive champion.

The rumble match itself was mostly shit. The WWE still can't book what should be a slam dunk match, one of a kind that only happens once a year.

It was fine until Daniel Bryan got eliminated. Bryan was obviously the most over face in the company; he should have won the Rumble and gone on to Mania. From what I've been told, fans really haven't taken to Reigns as a top face. Hell, even Wyatt was more over and intriguing; having him win was a plausible outcome. If Bryan isn't going to win, there's NO REASON not to have him stick around until the end; jobbing him out in the middle of the match shits on the most over guy in your company and means you don't get to use him in a top level program anytime soon. If you have him stick around until the last few and then he gets fucked over by somebody, great, you still don't have him win which is what you (for some reason) wanted but NOW HE'S AT LEAST USEFUL. The way they booked it, what is Daniel Bryan going to do next? Might as well have not even had him in the fucking Rumble.

And that's about all the attention I'll bother paying to the WWE for the next god knows how long. It's been 6-7 years since I watched anything, 8-9 since I watched regularly, and they STILL HAVE the same fucking problem- they don't know how to book wrestling, which is kind of a problem when your job is booking wrestling. What a fucking waste.
yar

Himu

« Reply #1820 on: January 26, 2015, 12:41:16 AM »
WWE Network cancel page has crashed

www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2touid/wwe_network_cancel_page_has_crashed/

:rofl

THE YOUNG BUCKS

@NickJacksonYB

Considering putting some shirts on sale. A lot of people have $9.99 in their pockets after tonight.

:rofl

REDDIT POST-SHOW DISCUSSION THREAD

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2topox/post_royal_rumble_discussion_12515/
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1822 on: January 26, 2015, 12:59:34 AM »
That was the first time I'd watched any WWE programming in... 6 years? 7? Something like that.

The championship match was awesome. From what the people I watched the show with told me, I really, really like the way they've booked Lesnar. He's a fucking beast, he doesn't show up all that often, and when he does it's a special thing. I'm fine with a mostly inactive champion.

The rumble match itself was mostly shit. The WWE still can't book what should be a slam dunk match, one of a kind that only happens once a year.

It was fine until Daniel Bryan got eliminated. Bryan was obviously the most over face in the company; he should have won the Rumble and gone on to Mania. From what I've been told, fans really haven't taken to Reigns as a top face. Hell, even Wyatt was more over and intriguing; having him win was a plausible outcome. If Bryan isn't going to win, there's NO REASON not to have him stick around until the end; jobbing him out in the middle of the match shits on the most over guy in your company and means you don't get to use him in a top level program anytime soon. If you have him stick around until the last few and then he gets fucked over by somebody, great, you still don't have him win which is what you (for some reason) wanted but NOW HE'S AT LEAST USEFUL. The way they booked it, what is Daniel Bryan going to do next? Might as well have not even had him in the fucking Rumble.

And that's about all the attention I'll bother paying to the WWE for the next god knows how long. It's been 6-7 years since I watched anything, 8-9 since I watched regularly, and they STILL HAVE the same fucking problem- they don't know how to book wrestling, which is kind of a problem when your job is booking wrestling. What a fucking waste.

Wanna know the worst thing about it? This is the second year in the row they've done this.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1823 on: January 26, 2015, 01:17:25 AM »
#cancelwwenetwork is trending #1 worldwide :o

IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1824 on: January 26, 2015, 01:21:07 AM »
This won't change shit. Even minor blips on the radar like the aftermath of Punk's promo and Bryan's title run are just that- blips on the radar. This shit has been going on for at least 10 years after Steph started getting serious say in the company.
yar

Himu

« Reply #1825 on: January 26, 2015, 01:22:44 AM »
It won't change shit, but it could put pressure on the company to get rid of vince :rejoice
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1826 on: January 26, 2015, 01:24:25 AM »
Vince's cumbucket daughter and her husband are the main problems, in addition to their legion of non-wrestling fan sitcom writers booking shit.
yar

Himu

« Reply #1827 on: January 26, 2015, 01:29:51 AM »
WWE lost almost 900 million dollars last year, and now this :hyper

Also HHH and Steph aren't the main problem at all. It's Vince.
IYKYK

El Babua

« Reply #1828 on: January 26, 2015, 01:34:49 AM »
The GAF RR thread's a fucking riot right now.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1829 on: January 26, 2015, 01:37:04 AM »
Real talk time: the WWE hasn't had a breakout star last in the company since the early 2000's. Who has consistently main evented over the last 10 years? Cena, and to a lesser extent Orton I guess. Lesnar now that he's back. It used to be, guys did stuff and if it stuck with the crowd, they'd be given free rein to run with it and create a character that got over with the crowd and stayed that way. Did it take a legion of sitcom writers to create Stone Cold? For fucks sakes, the Rock didn't get over with the company's approved gimmick/character for him- he got over once he started doing his own shit and it connected with the fans, and they kept him over. I know this because crowds don't want Rocky Maivia to come back, they want the People's fucking Champion.

You can't have that in today's WWE, I don't think. Even the stars that followed those Attitude era guys like Orton and Cena largely got where they are by being shoved down the fans throats enough that they eventually just gave in.

Here's a perfect fucking piece of proof that the WWE doesn't/can't create new stars that last long in the company any more: when they needed two huge dudes to be heels in 2015, they went with... Kane and The Big Show. The same fuckers that have been around for 15+ years, basically playing the same roles they always have. That's fucking absurd. Everyone knows Vince has a huge hard on for big dudes- if they'd just let some big dude with a SMALL AMOUNT of charisma create a character that fans actually give a shit about, then you can use them in that role. They had to bring out the Rock in order to TRY and get people to give a shit about Reigns and it still didn't work.

I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel Bryan is gone within a year, the same way Punk was. This company truly doesn't know it's asshole from a hole in the ground.
yar

Himu

« Reply #1830 on: January 26, 2015, 01:49:02 AM »
I doubt Bryan will leave. Unlike Punk, going by interviews, he's not that type of wrestler.  He [bryna] just seems to want to be the best wrestler he can be. We'll see what happens, but he seems committed to turning around Smackdown right now. Bryan doesn't seem to do it for the money or status but because it's just what he loves doing. So he's not really the type to really want to leave, but make the most of his situation. Punk, however, is all ego - a wrestler's wrestler. So him being not be at the top despite the opportunity to do so just makes him not want to have anything to do with it, and he's right about that too. :yeshrug

As for heels, the top heel in WWE right now is Seth Rollins. Rusev is good and has potential. Wyatt has potential as well.

The fact of the matter is, WWE kept down ALL the favorites (Ambrose, Bryan, Ziggler, Wyatt). It's insane.

The thing is, fans don't even hate Reigns. I happen to like Reigns a lot, but he's not ready for that position. There are way more guys who are more legit and worthy of that position, I think. Bryan, Ziggler, maybe even Wyatt instantly come to mind.
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #1831 on: January 26, 2015, 02:07:24 AM »
There's still hope for Bryan, and Ambrose should be there too. But no. Have giant muscle guy who is not half as good as other motherfuckers cause he is giant muscle guy.
Hi

Himu

« Reply #1832 on: January 26, 2015, 02:12:42 AM »
I think we definitely have solidified that Daniel Bryan is the most popular wrestler in America after tonight? :larry
IYKYK

dkdk

« Reply #1833 on: January 26, 2015, 02:14:40 AM »
i cracked up laughing at the pop he got cause you knew he wasn't going to win. but i didn't think the booking would treat him like a damn midcarder.  although im not a huge dbry fan i was incredibly deflated when he got bounced.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #1834 on: January 26, 2015, 02:41:21 AM »
its getting kind of boring seeing Lesnar doing just suplexes the entire match.
nat

Himu

« Reply #1835 on: January 26, 2015, 02:42:32 AM »
Thinking of it, this isn't the second year in a row they've done this but the third. :larry Remember Cena winning in '13 and THRICE INNA LIFETIME?

Yeah...
IYKYK

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #1836 on: January 26, 2015, 05:28:07 AM »
so i wake up and #CancelWWENetwork is trending worldwide.

I take it the Rumble was horrible?

edit: i did some reading.  Sounds godawful. Now to find that opening darkmatch. Cesaro / Kidd forever
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:43:29 AM by Eric P »
Tonya

archie4208

« Reply #1837 on: January 26, 2015, 07:47:06 AM »
Dbry was the only reason I started giving a shit about rasslin again.

I ain't mad he didn't win the RR, but to have him eliminated like a nobody jobber is insulting considering he's the hottest guy in the company. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1838 on: January 26, 2015, 08:09:58 AM »
It's really weird how you go from stuff like Survivor Series, where Dolph Ziggler beat the Authority team almost all by himself and made the crowd go nuts, to...this.  The Rumble was an abomination.  It started out great, too.  I was really enjoying it and then Bryan's elimination signaled the start of a total downward spiral into a big pile of shit.

#cancelwwenetwork is trending #1 worldwide :o

:lol :lol :lol

Vince's cumbucket daughter and her husband are the main problems, in addition to their legion of non-wrestling fan sitcom writers booking shit.
WWE lost almost 900 million dollars last year, and now this :hyper

Also HHH and Steph aren't the main problem at all. It's Vince.

Yeah, it's Vince at this point.  When HHH and Stephanie have been given control of shows, they almost always have turned out much better.  Although note that Stephanie is the one responsible for getting "Hollywood" writers in there.
ど助平

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #1839 on: January 26, 2015, 08:27:42 AM »
The championship triple threat was great. Non-stop action with a lot of cool spots. Brock was made to look like an absolute beast as well, which of course is setting him up to get rekt by Roman at WM31. That's going to end well. :lol
BiSH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1840 on: January 26, 2015, 08:37:06 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1841 on: January 26, 2015, 08:55:17 AM »
Well, one good thing came out of the Rumble.

New "what" emoticon?

Will need to redo this.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:17:18 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1842 on: January 26, 2015, 09:17:03 AM »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1843 on: January 26, 2015, 12:12:22 PM »
I don't think that's fair to Reigns. The guy is someone between a rock and a hard place. Don't blame Reigns. Blame WWE for not seeing he's obviously not ready and being shoved down your throats anyways. What's Reigns going to do, say no? He CAN'T. There are a lot of people saying it looked like Reigns had been crying in the post show interview and that he wanted to cry when Rock came out. I feel so sorry for him. I really like Reigns and he's good at a specific type of wrestler, and WWE is doing everything in their power to expose him.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1844 on: January 26, 2015, 12:30:09 PM »
TIME PICKS UP CANCEL WWE NETWORK TREND, WWE FINALLY GETS MAINSTREAM COVERAGE THEY WANT, LOLS TO BE HAD :rofl

http://time.com/3682093/cancel-wwe-network-royal-rumble/
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #1845 on: January 26, 2015, 01:04:34 PM »
:deadpos
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1846 on: January 26, 2015, 01:27:48 PM »
RAW and possibly Smackdown's live shows are canceled this week due to the weather.  Just the break I needed!
 :rejoice

I don't think that's fair to Reigns. The guy is someone between a rock and a hard place.

:lenowned

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1847 on: January 26, 2015, 01:35:16 PM »
:hitler
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1848 on: January 26, 2015, 01:48:47 PM »
ど助平

Himu

IYKYK

Himu

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread - FIRST TIME RAW CANCELLED AFTER DISASTROUS PPV
« Reply #1850 on: January 26, 2015, 06:21:45 PM »
IYKYK

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #1851 on: January 26, 2015, 08:07:48 PM »
Raw is cancelled so a lot of indie shows are showing free streams

CHIKARA PRO will be 3 hours of stuff here
http://chikaraprowrestling.com/bigvideo/

Smash Wrestling is showing Challenge Accepted

Rawlternative replay from a few weeks ago

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:34:36 PM by Eric P »
Tonya

Himu

« Reply #1852 on: January 26, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »
how was the chikara show, eric?
IYKYK

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #1854 on: January 26, 2015, 09:50:18 PM »
how was the chikara show, eric?

really really fucking good.  I'm editing the photos from it now and it's great to relive all of these little moments.  A lot of people had new gear which looked fierce, the bad guys kept winning, and the audience was whipped between joy and terror from minute to minute.  Basically it was the best of what makes CHIKARA fun
Tonya

Himu

« Reply #1855 on: January 26, 2015, 09:53:52 PM »
I'm watching now and there's a wrestler in orange trunks who has an amazing butt. :drool

Please provide pictures please. :drool
IYKYK

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #1856 on: January 26, 2015, 09:56:44 PM »
That is Juan Francisco De Coronado and he is a hell of a lot of fun to watch.  He combines the "arrogant foreigner" and "chicken shit heel" into one great character with a great German Suplex
Tonya

Himu

« Reply #1857 on: January 26, 2015, 09:59:54 PM »
And a great butt. :drool
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread - NJPW Road to New Beginning 1/30
« Reply #1858 on: January 26, 2015, 10:40:46 PM »
Can I get a TLDR explanation for why twitter is exploding about cancelling the WWE Network. I also heard there was a lot of booing at a recent show in Philly. Is that just Philly being Philly or something else.

Himu

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread - NJPW Road to New Beginning 1/30
« Reply #1859 on: January 26, 2015, 10:56:40 PM »
Can I get a TLDR explanation for why twitter is exploding about cancelling the WWE Network. I also heard there was a lot of booing at a recent show in Philly. Is that just Philly being Philly or something else.

Nope, nothing about Philly. Everyone is reacting the same way.

Not exactly TLDR: Daniel Bryan is the most popular wrestler in the WWE and has been for two-three years now. WWE does not want him in the main event. Other wrestlers like Dean Ambrose, Dolph, Bray Wyatt are hard workers and deserve recognition. WWE have been hinting heavily they want Roman Reigns as the future, despite the fact that he's not NEARLY as good as any of the aforementioned guys, has done nothing to do deserve it (i.e. win a mid card belt, get better in the ring, get better on the mic). Why? He has the look, and he's the Rock's cousin. Now, fans have been predicting Roman winning the Rumble for at least a year or two despite his lack of accolades and hard work. The winner of the Rumble gets a shot at the championship. At the Royal Rumble, a battle royale that consists of 30 WWE wrestlers, WWE precedes to shit all of the emerging young talent (Bryan, Ambrose, Dolph, and Wyatt) by having them knocked out either way too early, or giving a workhorse like Dolph the last Rumble entry slot, when he can wrestle for 30-50 minutes easy. Why? To protect Reigns and make him look strong. They precede to shit all over the fanbase and their talent, and despite all warning that this would happen if Reigns won, they went with it anyways. I'm of the mind that we would have reacted better if they didn't shit down the fan favorites' neck while doing so. Meanwhile, the last four of the Rumble were Reigns, Big Show, Kane, and Rusev. Big Show and Kane are :trash tier currently and have been wrestling in WWE for close to 20 years. What is gained by having almost 50 year old men wrestling in the top four of the rumble other than to make Reigns strong? The big kicker is that is a practical repeat of what happened last year, and similarly, the year before that. WWE does not care what the fans want and does whatever.

You can also read here.

http://time.com/3682093/cancel-wwe-network-royal-rumble/
IYKYK