Author Topic: GAF DISCUSSIONS GO IN HERE - PART DEUX (Keep it Civil, Fuckers!)  (Read 470860 times)

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Re: GAF DISCUSSIONS GO IN HERE - PART DEUX (Keep it Civil, Fuckers!)
« Reply #2400 on: December 27, 2006, 12:14:11 PM »
I assume they have the same stance we do. Talk of emulation is fine, but linking to roms is prohibited. Emulation was never the crime.

but here admittance to piracy or impressions based off of pirated games/software seem to be condoned...

Yea, and disallowed on GAF. Except here? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135540

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #2401 on: December 27, 2006, 05:05:45 PM »
Why is GAF so slow?

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #2402 on: December 27, 2006, 09:29:26 PM »
I assume they have the same stance we do. Talk of emulation is fine, but linking to roms is prohibited. Emulation was never the crime.

but here admittance to piracy or impressions based off of pirated games/software seem to be condoned...

Yea, and disallowed on GAF. Except here? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135540

they should've never allowed piracy, modchip and emulation discussion in any form IMO, just when it concerns its consequences on the game industry... it was like that a few years ago but then the policy changed at some point

a very WRONG idea, game discussion was better without these themes

you KNOW that everyone and their cousins that posts on GAF use bootlegs, and these threads create so many incredibly awkward situations

part of the reason why I don't contribute to their game discussion... it's better on OA where the specifics are discussed explicitly
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 09:31:17 PM by Mondain »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2403 on: December 27, 2006, 09:33:30 PM »
It pisses me off how there are so many people on GAF who claim they care so much about the videogame industry but are so proud of all their stolen games.  Fucking hypocrites.

Himu

« Reply #2404 on: December 28, 2006, 12:10:52 AM »
How is that surprising at all, Ed? Most of the game "discussion" there is about sales. I think it's safe to say most there don't care about the game industry as much as they claim they do, even without the whole piracy debacle.
IYKYK

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #2405 on: December 28, 2006, 01:19:40 PM »
I don't even think I'll try to get my username/password restored now. I always got banned at least once a month anyways.
boo

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2406 on: December 28, 2006, 01:23:21 PM »
The gaming forum is ghastly, now. It's literally: console sales faggotry; Wii faggotry; animu gaming faggotry; Amir0x faggotry -- in roughly that order.

Not even the original Drinky Crow or even the Season 2 one could save that shitpile from itself.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 01:27:31 PM by Drinky Crow »
duc

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #2407 on: December 28, 2006, 01:24:12 PM »
NPD stuff is banned man they had to bow to the sponsers.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2408 on: December 28, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »
It's not banned; it just gets filtered through Sonycowboy. And meta-discussion about the NPD shit still rules the day.

Still, I said NPD when I meant "sales in general". My bad!
duc

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #2409 on: December 28, 2006, 01:26:10 PM »
OMG NEW MEDIA CREATE IS OUT JAPPAS

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #2410 on: December 28, 2006, 07:43:14 PM »
Did GAF buy the old OA server?

page loads are fucking sloooooooooooooooow.

Wii

truffleshuffle83

« Reply #2411 on: December 28, 2006, 11:36:33 PM »
thanks for the permaban bishop.........soo much for GAF being unbiased when you allow a thread of people to bash the ever loving shit out of pgr3 with gthd..oh and yeah the spectators are still fucking static because they dont flinch at all if i run into the wall right in front of them and if they trach the actual cars it hasnt been something ive seen.  for a mod to have so much out for me is fucking ridiculous and to permaban for not trolling but disagreeing with the minority on the fact that GTHD isnt the best game ever is re goddamned diculous.  i guess the lack of games on sonys godsend of a system really gets to people over there.  oh and i like how ive tried to contact the entire mod staff using the contact us link and have yet to even receive a reply to my questions........get off your high horse your a mod on an internet forum big fucking whoop

/rant

evilbore FTW

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2412 on: December 28, 2006, 11:53:47 PM »
Hehe
fat

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #2413 on: December 28, 2006, 11:57:54 PM »
thanks for the permaban bishop.........soo much for GAF being unbiased when you allow a thread of people to bash the ever loving shit out of pgr3 with gthd..oh and yeah the spectators are still fucking static because they dont flinch at all if i run into the wall right in front of them and if they trach the actual cars it hasnt been something ive seen.  for a mod to have so much out for me is fucking ridiculous and to permaban for not trolling but disagreeing with the minority on the fact that GTHD isnt the best game ever is re goddamned diculous.  i guess the lack of games on sonys godsend of a system really gets to people over there.  oh and i like how ive tried to contact the entire mod staff using the contact us link and have yet to even receive a reply to my questions........get off your high horse your a mod on an internet forum big fucking whoop

/rant

evilbore FTW

whoa your perma, that sucks

Himu

« Reply #2414 on: December 29, 2006, 12:25:28 AM »
They've perma banned truffleshuffle?! Good GOD Gaf!

We need  a goddamn list of all of our Evilbore banned matyr's.

And btw, Gran Turismo SUCKS. OH HEY I'M DRIVIN A CAR AROUND A TRACK FOR 2-3 REAL TIME HOURS. Piece of shit. Ultimate graphic whore game.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 12:32:21 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2415 on: December 29, 2006, 12:44:09 AM »

/rant

evilbore FTW

Definitely a low blow. Welcome aboard though dude

Himu

« Reply #2416 on: December 29, 2006, 12:46:36 AM »
GRAN TURISMO SUCKS

Take that gaf!
IYKYK

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #2417 on: December 29, 2006, 01:01:48 AM »
Link to the post that did it?

That's gay as fuck.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2418 on: December 29, 2006, 07:32:23 AM »
Evilore has a SERIOUS boner for GTHD.
duc

Himu

« Reply #2419 on: December 29, 2006, 10:36:38 AM »
Evilore has a SERIOUS boner for GTHD.

GT SUCKS
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #2420 on: December 29, 2006, 11:43:56 AM »
Gran Turismo is like, the opposite of fun.  I'll never understand people who like that game.  "Oh my god it's just like I'm driving my real car in real life!"  Yeah, I do that... in real life.  Why the fuck would I want to do it in a video game?  If I'm driving a car in a video game, I want it to be crazy and unrealistic.  In short, I want it to be Burnout.
yar

Himu

« Reply #2421 on: December 29, 2006, 11:44:46 AM »
Gran Turismo is like, the opposite of fun.  I'll never understand people who like that game.  "Oh my god it's just like I'm driving my real car in real life!"  Yeah, I do that... in real life.  Why the fuck would I want to do it in a video game?  If I'm driving a car in a video game, I want it to be crazy and unrealistic.  In short, I want it to be Burnout.

Well said, chief.
IYKYK

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #2422 on: December 29, 2006, 12:34:01 PM »

/rant

evilbore FTW
That's shitty dude. Hey are you still going to WSU?
boo

truffleshuffle83

« Reply #2423 on: December 29, 2006, 12:41:45 PM »
nope i graduated and work on base at NASIC although ill most likely go back next quarter to start my masters

anyways heres links tho the thread of doom  http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135113&page=18 post 880 starts the fun and i believe on page 26 someone else calls the spectators static and DarienA the worlds biggest sony fanboy agrees with him yet they are not banned hmmmmmmmmmm

You have been banned for the following reason:
"static spectators"? that means you haven't played GTHD, which means you're trolling, which means you're a repeat offender, which means you're done.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

oh and the previous ban for two months by bishop is because i said the PSN would not be better than xbox live at the launch of ps3 and its not but thats cool
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 12:48:45 PM by truffleshuffle83 »

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #2424 on: December 29, 2006, 12:44:19 PM »
I don't work too far from you. I'm over at AFMC.
boo

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #2425 on: December 29, 2006, 12:47:04 PM »
They've perma banned truffleshuffle?! Good GOD Gaf!

We need  a goddamn list of all of our Evilbore banned matyr's.

I got perma'd for wednesdayton and bitching about bill gates house :)

Wii

truffleshuffle83

« Reply #2426 on: December 29, 2006, 12:51:22 PM »
I don't work too far from you. I'm over at AFMC.

thats cool, ive been in there a couple times because their cafeteria kicks ass

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2427 on: December 29, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »
that's why I avoided that stupid fucking GTHD thread.  Any circle jerk like that is bound to have a shitload of bans.  And yeah, the crowd is static.  At least in PGR3 when you hit the rail, they back up, albeit a few seconds late.  lolz.  And the environments in GTHD while driving are pretty ugly at some parts.  But I'm not going to say that in there.

truffleshuffle83

« Reply #2428 on: December 29, 2006, 01:31:35 PM »
i just think its bullshit for them to be allowed to rag on one of the best next gen games to date by saying a 10 car one track demo is better than the entire game of pgr3.......the bias there is just completely ridiculous and then to accuse me of never playing gthd is even more fucked up considering ive provided my PSN id in there thread the day it got started.  then you get ridiculed as an xbot if you disagree with them
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #2429 on: December 29, 2006, 01:49:17 PM »
Im honestly pretty convinced that GAF is on the take from Sony.
o_0

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #2430 on: December 29, 2006, 02:04:24 PM »
anyone ever noticed this? outside of our resident TVC and perhaps Amir0x and Shouta, none of the GAF admins and mods are gamers anymore, they're just jaded to death of the hobby, playing a bunch of titles every now and then to relate to their online comrades, and enjoying their high forum status... so they just enforce rules based on their preferences

Quote from: EviLore's top five games of the year
1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
2. God Hand
3. Yakuza
4. Resistance
5. Lemmings PS3

'nuff said
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 02:06:02 PM by Mondain »

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2431 on: December 29, 2006, 02:06:26 PM »
He only likes GodHand cause he likes animu and UFC.

I love godhand, but for good reasons.

He bends over for dem Sony Overlords.
o_0

Himu

« Reply #2432 on: December 29, 2006, 02:07:41 PM »
Those all seem like pretty worthwhile games. Haven't played God hand or Resistence yet but I hear good things.

Also, Dragona plays games as well.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2433 on: December 29, 2006, 02:10:11 PM »
Resistence is solid, but mediocre and boring. Anyone who has played FPS games will find very little in the game thats compelling. Plus its not that attractive, just functional.

Youre just backing him cause he likes Yakuza cause he used to be a street racer, is a fan of UFC, and thinks the Yakuza am cool subject matter.

;)
o_0

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #2434 on: December 29, 2006, 02:10:32 PM »
all that time these tuff Internet leaders spend writing longwinded forum replies all day and night and randomly banning innocent people based on their mood, is time which should be spent playing some of the year's great classics like Gears of War, Final Fantasy XII, Zelda, etc etc... but no! they're hooked onto an MMORPG called VBulletin!

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2435 on: December 29, 2006, 02:11:38 PM »
GAF is at the mercy of viral marketers and behind the scenes dealings that guide policy. Lame.
o_0

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #2436 on: December 29, 2006, 02:12:22 PM »
Those all seem like pretty worthwhile games. Haven't played God hand or Resistence yet but I hear good things.

c'mon, even Futami isn't as biased and close-minded

Himu

« Reply #2437 on: December 29, 2006, 02:13:57 PM »
Resistence is solid, but mediocre and boring. Anyone who has played FPS games will find very little in the game thats compelling. Plus its not that attractive, just functional.

Youre just backing him cause he likes Yakuza cause he used to be a street racer, is a fan of UFC, and thinks the Yakuza am cool subject matter.

;)

Yeah well, I have to defend fellow CURB STOMP BRIGADE members. Also, MGS3S is awesome.

c'mon, even Futami isn't as biased and close-minded

I will admit, the overly Sony love is ridiculous, but not anymore ridiculous than Nintendo game love. I'd take games on Sony hardware to Nintendo games anyday...with the exception of Zelda.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2438 on: December 29, 2006, 02:16:38 PM »
U SHADDUP ILL GIVE U A MEAN TAG
o_0

Himu

« Reply #2439 on: December 29, 2006, 02:18:10 PM »
Yes sah
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2440 on: December 29, 2006, 02:19:27 PM »
I didnt comment on MGS3 cause its a known fact that I suck at MGS games and the main reason I dont play them is cause I suck at them. Also I hate the setting and characters. He can love MGS3 all he wants, I just find is love of resistence suspect.

I have a feeling it made that list simply because it validated his server-money purchase.
o_0

Himu

« Reply #2441 on: December 29, 2006, 02:21:24 PM »
I have a feeling it made that list simply because it validated his server-money purchase.

Does the guy even have more than Sony consoles? I have never seen him talk about non Sony games. Ever.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2442 on: December 29, 2006, 02:22:39 PM »
I dont think so. I sorta disrespect him cause ive never seen him talk about a gameboy game of any variety. How can you NOT GAMEBOY!
o_0

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #2443 on: December 29, 2006, 03:01:13 PM »
GAF is at the mercy of viral marketers and behind the scenes dealings that guide policy. Lame.

lol, i don't think that they're puppets to a big gaming corporation like Sony, or that reality is as exciting or controversial as you and others believe

it's probably just as sad and dull as these poor Internet nerds are themselves

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2444 on: December 29, 2006, 03:05:05 PM »
Nah, I could easily believe NeoGAF is on the take. Ive seen very little to suggest that the hardline policies are created by the administration itself, but rather some company pushing the admin around.
o_0

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #2445 on: December 29, 2006, 03:17:04 PM »
eh well, in order to accomodate a sponsor like Google, it's probably normal that they had to sanitize the forum's content a little (as we've seen with the scantily clad women picture threads and the words "fuck" and "cunt"), but isn't this just business as usual for these advertising conglomerates?

there certainly aren't bias conspiracies everywhere

Himu

« Reply #2446 on: December 29, 2006, 03:17:52 PM »
Nah, I could easily believe NeoGAF is on the take. Ive seen very little to suggest that the hardline policies are created by the administration itself, but rather some company pushing the admin around.

Yep. This ad shit is ridiculous. Ever since the ads came about it's been turmoil. Make a thread making fun of the ads that appear on gaf and an admin will make a post saying that he wants to take away your right of making threads.
IYKYK

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #2447 on: December 29, 2006, 03:32:57 PM »
He only likes GodHand cause he likes animu and UFC.

I love godhand, but for good reasons.

He bends over for dem Sony Overlords.

EviLore's more of a Pride guy than a UFC guy :P

but he hasn't posted much at all in my MMA threads for the past year.
MMA

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2448 on: December 29, 2006, 03:48:01 PM »

Yep. This ad shit is ridiculous. Ever since the ads came about it's been turmoil. Make a thread making fun of the ads that appear on gaf and an admin will make a post saying that he wants to take away your right of making threads.

Not only that, but I saw a guy get nuked for even SAYING that he used adblock.  Come on now.
yar

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2449 on: December 29, 2006, 04:37:42 PM »
The fact that Resistance is on the top 5 games of the year is very telling.  Sorry, I love the game more than most people, but it is nothing special as a shooter.  What a douche bag.

APF

« Reply #2450 on: December 29, 2006, 05:22:24 PM »

Mupepe

• Icon
the word "gay"
« Reply #2451 on: December 29, 2006, 05:45:33 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5204029&postcount=7

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5190373&postcount=2

Didn't people used to get banned for stuff like this?  What happened?  It's been a lot more common now.

Himu

« Reply #2452 on: December 29, 2006, 06:21:21 PM »
They did. I guess it's okay to say something is gay as long as you don't call people fegs.  ::)
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2453 on: December 29, 2006, 06:23:51 PM »
They did. I guess it's okay to say something is gay as long as you don't call people fegs.  ::)
that's okay.  I PM'ed 6 mods and admins regarding it.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #2454 on: December 29, 2006, 06:33:42 PM »
That's... so gay.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2455 on: December 29, 2006, 06:36:37 PM »
That's... so gay.
:lol :lol

I don't mind the word at all.  But if you're going to ban for one thing and not another, I'm going to start pointing it out.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #2456 on: December 29, 2006, 06:42:54 PM »
Boogie, you can't edit your posts?  Why?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5204843&postcount=39

Punishment for my raid into the gaming forum:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132952

Wasabi took my thread-posting abilities for a month.  Apparently, that also includes my editing abilities.
MMA

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2457 on: December 29, 2006, 06:51:13 PM »
Well, Evilore banned those two posters.  I'm going to backseat mod at GAF from now on.  lolz

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2458 on: December 29, 2006, 06:51:43 PM »

Wasabi took my thread-posting abilities for a month.  Apparently, that also includes my editing abilities.
:rofl :rofl

I love you

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2459 on: December 29, 2006, 11:35:41 PM »

Those fuckers don't know what they're talking about, Boog.  That was the best thread on gaming side in easily a year.  I got yer back, not that your crazy MMA ass needs it, but I do.
yar