Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here  (Read 45920 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread | Winter is Here
« Reply #540 on: August 24, 2017, 05:04:24 PM »
I thought the episode was rather pedestrian, and like the ep a couple weeks ago is largely predicated on viewers only caring about the final part/act. The fight was amazing, as was the death of the dragon. Seems to me like a trap was set. Did the Night King know Jon was coming? Did he have a similar vision about the arrowhead mountain?

The thing that sticks out to me the most about this season is the dialogue. It's often very bad. I don't recognize Arya or Sansa as characters. That's not even a "bububu the books" complaint, I'm talking about previous iterations of Show Arya/Sansa vs what we have now. Is Arya probably playing a game, and setting up Littlefinger? Probably. But good lord it doesn't feel authentic or compelling at fucking all.

Meanwhile Bran is nowhere to be seen. Surely he'd want to talk to Jon before the mission? And given that Westeros Wifi ensures communications reach their desired party within a day...clearly there would be time for him to give Jon some tips, warnings, whatever.

And where is Euron? He just wrecked shit for a few episodes and then suddenly disappeared? Wasn't available to attack Dany's fleet huh. Oh it's all convenience plotting.

lol @ Benjen

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #541 on: August 24, 2017, 07:39:12 PM »
Basically this:

‘Game Of Thrones’ Producers Reveal Series Moved Beyond Show’s Written Script Halfway Through Current Season

http://www.theonion.com/article/game-thrones-producers-reveal-series-moved-beyond--56757?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing
serge

Dennis

« Reply #542 on: August 24, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »
And where is Euron? He just wrecked shit for a few episodes and then suddenly disappeared? Wasn't available to attack Dany's fleet huh. Oh it's all convenience plotting.

It takes time to move from place A to place B you know. Look at the map.

Lothar

« Reply #543 on: August 24, 2017, 10:08:15 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #544 on: August 24, 2017, 10:11:27 PM »
I'm looking forward to the season finale, just so I can stop suffering through this every week.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #545 on: August 24, 2017, 10:20:07 PM »
If you're wondering why I don't stop watching. Don't be ridiculous, of course I can't do that.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #546 on: August 24, 2017, 10:47:10 PM »
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 11:22:03 PM by chronovore »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #547 on: August 24, 2017, 11:08:31 PM »
If only those pics could be a little bigger.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #548 on: August 24, 2017, 11:22:29 PM »
If only those pics could be a little bigger.

Razzafrazzin' frazzle-razzer.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Himu

« Reply #550 on: August 25, 2017, 02:03:15 PM »
Kit is George's bastard. :o
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #551 on: August 26, 2017, 07:24:49 PM »
the seed is strong

Lothar

« Reply #552 on: August 27, 2017, 03:58:46 PM »
If anyone is bored or looking for something to listen to on a drive or while they work, I think this is a good listen.

Some quotes I liked:

-On Winterfell
"You have to actively forget everything for Arya to be angry at Sansa. To say I saw you up on that stage with a pretty dress. Like I’m sorry, I seem to remember a scene in which Ned’s head got cut off and she’s screaming in pain, like bawling, because her father died. I also seem to remember a scene in which Ned himself is playing along with the Lannisters. And Arya herself played along with the Lannisters at fucking Harranhal when she was Tywin’s cupbearer. So to sit there and blame Sansa for writing this letter under duress when Ned and Arya herself did this, it’s so aggravating and mind numbing.

The motivation makes no sense. These two sisters fighting. It’s just hard to imagine two sisters that have been through what they’ve been through - even if they didn’t even like each other in the first place. They did have a problem with each other obviously but at the same time they didn’t have that much of a problem with each other. A lot of us don’t get along with our siblings but at the same time, if your parents both were killed, and your brother, and then you go back to see this sibling that you dislike, would you be really accusing the other one of their death unjustly? Or would you kind of you know, at least tolerate each other or band together having been through so much crap? It’s just not believable that they would be at each other’s throats.. over a letter that wasn’t even in Winterfell."

-On director Alan Taylor's comments about the show being criticized. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/21/arts/television/alan-taylor-director-game-of-thrones.html "I’ve only looked at one review online, and it was very much concerned with the speed of the ravens. I thought, that’s funny — you don’t seem troubled by the lizard as big as a 747, but you’re really concerned about the speed of a raven."

"It’s disingenuous because we all understand that there’s in-universe logic and when you violate your own in-universe logic you’ve established - like that’s the whole thing about fantasy, right? You first establish a setting with in-universe logic and then you play by those rules. It’s the same thing where like Imagine if I was playing a game of chess and half way through the game, I picked up one of my pawns and I moved him accross the board and I took your king. You’d be like “Well you can’t do that.” And i’m like “Well I’m sitting here in a game where Rooks do that.” You’d be like “You’re a fucking idiot." The rules of the game are that rooks can do this and pawns can’t. We’ve established the rules beforehand. You don’t break your in-universe logic. So for him to be like “Oh, this is a universe with dragons.” No, because you fucking established that this is a universe with dragons. You did not establish that this was a universe with super sonic ravens. And it’s not just the one thing. It was a fucking pile of shit."

-On why the internet turned on the episode
"I think it was a perfect storm of mistakes. On one hand, in a macro sense the mission doesn’t make any sense. I used my mother as an example. She is calling me on the phone going “I don’t understand why they would go north of the wall.” I’m like “Well, they’re supposed to be picking up a white walker for Cersei.” And my mother’s like “But it’s Cersei. She’s crazy. And didn’t they destroy her army last episode?” My mom is only a casual - a couple seasons ago she was confusing who Ramsay and Theon was - she’s not insanely into the details, but she’s sitting there going “This just doesn’t make sense”, on that macro sense.

With Hardhome you could say “Well yeah Jon Snow wants to save the Wildlings. That makes sense.” With the Battle of the Bastards, you could say “Jon Snow wants to save his little brother.” That motivation makes sense. A lot of other things about the episodes didn’t make sense, but you get the macro motivation."

Himu

« Reply #553 on: August 27, 2017, 04:06:07 PM »
Show watchers finally seeing what book readers have known since season 2 :rejoice

Imagine 6 seasons of it and being told that you're just nit picking :lol

:rejoice
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #554 on: August 27, 2017, 05:46:35 PM »
Yeah but the thing is, show watchers will see their series finished. Book readers won't.

Hold the L.

Himu

« Reply #555 on: August 27, 2017, 05:50:47 PM »
???

I'm going to see the ending. Not an L.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #556 on: August 27, 2017, 10:43:56 PM »
"I can see and know everything bro"
"What about the marriage you didn't know about, in front of a fucking weirwood tree lol"
"....fuck you"

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #557 on: August 27, 2017, 10:49:15 PM »
"I can see and know everything bro"
"What about the marriage you didn't know about, in front of a fucking weirwood tree lol"
"....fuck you"

too busy future watching jon and daenarys bone
AMC

TVC15

« Reply #558 on: August 27, 2017, 10:49:41 PM »
I was promised a Cleganebowl :(
serge

Himu

« Reply #559 on: August 27, 2017, 10:56:59 PM »
Holy shit.

Jon is named Aegon? Holy what the fuck.
IYKYK

El Babua

« Reply #560 on: August 27, 2017, 10:59:45 PM »
So did Lyana decide to name him Aegon or was Rhaegar just a dick?

TVC15

« Reply #561 on: August 27, 2017, 11:01:05 PM »
I like the ring of Egg Snow.

You think "Aegon" is one of the deets GRRM told em?
serge

TVC15

« Reply #562 on: August 27, 2017, 11:02:07 PM »
One thing's for sure: Egg be dunkin' tonight, brahs.
serge

Himu

« Reply #564 on: August 27, 2017, 11:06:13 PM »
Jaime abandoning Cersei to fight in the north was better than him burning the letter. The wall scene was dope. Bran not knowing about the wedding is wack but the reveal itself was dope. I got beautiful, beautiful crazy Cersei in spades too. Fanservice all over the place over here. This fucking episode just tickled my ASOIAF fan she cock, lubed up, and fucked my ass gently into the night.

:rejoice
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #565 on: August 27, 2017, 11:10:17 PM »
They handled Jaime so well. They've finally done right by his character. :bow
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #566 on: August 27, 2017, 11:19:02 PM »
yeah them teasing it but not really for awhile now was worth it for this pay off

Himu

« Reply #567 on: August 27, 2017, 11:21:31 PM »
And Littlefinger finally getting got was overshadowed by so many other hype moments. What a fucking episode. :lawd

That scene in the hall was dope af.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #568 on: August 27, 2017, 11:28:40 PM »
Also, we saw Rhaegar fucking Targaryen. This episode had fan service all over it. It's just too good. :lawd
IYKYK

Lothar

« Reply #569 on: August 27, 2017, 11:35:09 PM »
The last half of the episode owned.  Ice dragon melting the wall was awesome. 

I can't believe though that dumb plan last episode our heroes came up with that had no chance of working because there's no chance Cersei would possibly care resulted in the end of mankind. That's actually hilarious.  Who was it that came up with that plan? Will that character realize they ended the world?

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #570 on: August 27, 2017, 11:38:32 PM »
The ending to that episode was like, the most metal fucking thing ever

:lawd
yar

TVC15

« Reply #571 on: August 27, 2017, 11:39:45 PM »
I am disappointed that Littlefinger died without tasting Sansa's and Arya's sugar and/or choco walls. A lot of build up for nothing.
serge

Himu

« Reply #572 on: August 27, 2017, 11:46:41 PM »
This might be my fave episode in the series brehs :lawd

Lots of "where tf are they goin with this" this season but the payoff...:rejoice
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #573 on: August 28, 2017, 12:21:14 AM »
So uh

What the fuck did Tyrion do this episode.  He obviously has something going on considering him hovering at the end and them cutting off his scene with Cersei that way.
püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #574 on: August 28, 2017, 12:34:08 AM »
GURM dontcurr, in all likelihood he didn't watch that in favor of having some hooker tongue punch his fartbox all night
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #575 on: August 28, 2017, 12:57:13 AM »
Who can say? The only thing we can be sure of is that he wasn't writing TWoW.
yar

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #576 on: August 28, 2017, 02:36:37 AM »
4 spinoffs (that will definitely come out before TWoW) are in the works, right?

More importantly Kit has a nice butt
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:42:07 AM by eleuin »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #577 on: August 28, 2017, 03:59:37 AM »
Delivered on that incest we've all been craving for  :doge

bluemax

« Reply #578 on: August 28, 2017, 04:25:04 AM »
Winter finally hit King's Landing, something people whined about when it didn't happen last season. Get rekt nerds, everything happened.
NO

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #579 on: August 28, 2017, 05:08:36 AM »
"I remember and see everything. By the way, the fuck are you doing here?"
"Came to help"
"Cool. Jon's a Sand by the way."
"Well no, Rhaegar and Lyanna actually got married."
"WAIT WAT"

:lol Bran is so fucking useless.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #580 on: August 28, 2017, 06:44:44 AM »
So uh

What the fuck did Tyrion do this episode.  He obviously has something going on considering him hovering at the end and them cutting off his scene with Cersei that way.

yeah it's pretty clear the revelation that Cersei is preggers changed something for him. literally right before Tyrion told Cersei that he loved the children so they are setting up something.
nat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #581 on: August 28, 2017, 10:28:15 AM »
Delivered on that incest we've all been craving for  :doge
finally time to go back to this show :noah

Dennis

« Reply #582 on: August 28, 2017, 10:36:39 AM »

CrankyJay

« Reply #583 on: August 28, 2017, 11:38:19 AM »
Episode was predictable, particularly for a book reader, but still satisfying.

Dennis

« Reply #584 on: August 28, 2017, 12:21:08 PM »
Winter came and so did Aegon.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #585 on: August 28, 2017, 12:40:17 PM »
I thought that outside of the last 10 - 15 minutes, the episode sucked.
They literally spent like half the time setting up the truce thing then to be like "Haha! We're not doing it! That 45 minutes could've been done in 10!"
Then the whole Theon thing too way too long.
The Arya/Sansa thing was forced and stupid and now you have Arya, this faceless assassin stuck in Winterfell for no real reason other than to kill littlefinger. What a waste.

And the whole "Jon isn't a bastard" thing was overly dramatic, over wrought and over long.
que

agrajag

« Reply #586 on: August 28, 2017, 12:41:10 PM »
LMAO, after all these seasons all the Littlefinger fuckery amounted to absolutely jack shit. I always said that he was a terrible schemer and was just spinning his wheels. I said this much a couple of years ago on GAF no less and was shouted down. Still though, kind of disappointing the way he went down, I thought he'd be more of a threat. I guess they're tying up all the loose ends in a hurry.

Cersei continues being an epic bitch and outsmarting everyone. She's still dumb if she thinks that she and the golden company stands a chance against the army of the dead. I guess she's hedging her bets on Dany and Jon prevailing by the skin of their teeth and then pouncing on them. Still doesn't understand the gravity of the situation brehs.

agrajag

« Reply #587 on: August 28, 2017, 01:11:58 PM »
The last half of the episode owned.  Ice dragon melting the wall was awesome. 

I can't believe though that dumb plan last episode our heroes came up with that had no chance of working because there's no chance Cersei would possibly care resulted in the end of mankind. That's actually hilarious.  Who was it that came up with that plan? Will that character realize they ended the world?

Also, without that stupid plan that amounted to nothing in the end because Cersei is a backstabbing bitch the army of the dead would not have a dragon to destroy the wall and possibly couldn't cross the wall. GG guys.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #588 on: August 28, 2017, 02:24:16 PM »
I guess the show just keeps people alive so they can have 1-2 minute "hey remember that stuff that happened to us 3 seasons ago?" conversations. The first part of the episode was largely dominated by shit like that, some being good some being ehhh. Can't help but wonder why so many characters are kept alive with nothing to do. Varys goes from having a WORLD WIDE spy ring to knowing nothing and being of zero use to Dany. Davos just travels around with Jon for whatever reason; you'd think he'd be a nice Hand but he barely gives Jon any advice during the season, and probably would have been of more use in Winterfell. Speaking of Winterfell, Jon basically left Sansa with no one who is close to him. Why the entire cast had to go to King's Landing, who knows.

I continue to be baffled by why Dany even needs a truce. She just decimated the Lannister army. They have no means of stopping her. Nor do the Lannisters have enough allies or men to significantly help. Furthermore aren't there a bunch of castles left with no one controlling them? Surely she has enough men to house Casterly Rock and Highgarden right. Wouldn't you want garrisons in Westeros to check Cersei's power...

I just don't get why they treat so much of this so trivially. There are no rules to anything. Everything boils down to what the writers want and when.

CrankyJay

« Reply #589 on: August 28, 2017, 02:58:16 PM »
I guess the show just keeps people alive so they can have 1-2 minute "hey remember that stuff that happened to us 3 seasons ago?" conversations. The first part of the episode was largely dominated by shit like that, some being good some being ehhh. Can't help but wonder why so many characters are kept alive with nothing to do. Varys goes from having a WORLD WIDE spy ring to knowing nothing and being of zero use to Dany. Davos just travels around with Jon for whatever reason; you'd think he'd be a nice Hand but he barely gives Jon any advice during the season, and probably would have been of more use in Winterfell. Speaking of Winterfell, Jon basically left Sansa with no one who is close to him. Why the entire cast had to go to King's Landing, who knows.

I continue to be baffled by why Dany even needs a truce. She just decimated the Lannister army. They have no means of stopping her. Nor do the Lannisters have enough allies or men to significantly help. Furthermore aren't there a bunch of castles left with no one controlling them? Surely she has enough men to house Casterly Rock and Highgarden right. Wouldn't you want garrisons in Westeros to check Cersei's power...

I just don't get why they treat so much of this so trivially. There are no rules to anything. Everything boils down to what the writers want and when.

Dany should have been like "this is what's coming for you...just wanted to let you know", kthxbye

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #590 on: August 28, 2017, 03:33:02 PM »
She took out the supply train and the rear contingent, but the bulk of the Lannister army made it back with the gold.

They allude to this in episode 4.

Ah, ok. Well...she landed her entire army near Highgarden for that battle. Could have taken over Highgarden and Casterly Rock, including  taking one as a temporary seat of power (instead of having to sail back to Dragonstone every time she wants to have a meeting). Then all she'd have to do is take Riverrun and the Lannisters would be completely neutralized from invading on land. They'd have to ship their army via Euron to the north, and it's winter so that's not a good idea.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #591 on: August 28, 2017, 03:33:58 PM »
I heard there was a zombie dragon and I just want to see scenes of it doing dope shit.

Help plz

Dragon-y goodness starts at around 2:35

yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #592 on: August 28, 2017, 03:52:47 PM »
I heard there was a zombie dragon and I just want to see scenes of it doing dope shit.

Help plz

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #593 on: August 28, 2017, 04:21:33 PM »
ill be ok with 8 movie length episodes line this next year

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #594 on: August 28, 2017, 05:01:02 PM »

Help plz

(Image removed from quote.)

lmao this is a wrath of the lich king cinematic and yes, i thought of it too when i saw the ep

Himu

« Reply #595 on: August 28, 2017, 05:38:45 PM »
I love how wighted Viserion moves. It feels so unnatural and ungrateful compared to the dragons that are flesh.
IYKYK

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #596 on: August 28, 2017, 06:43:33 PM »

She wants to send her men north, not have them sitting in castles keeping Cersei in check

I was expecting Jon, or more likely Cersei, to ask why the fuck Jon had an emissary arrive at the meeting he set up and was present at

Raist

« Reply #597 on: August 28, 2017, 06:52:21 PM »
You know what Muhdragons could have done? Blast the NK and his Lieutenants into oblivion instead of spending 10mins burning the lvl1 mobs. Because they were all standing nicely on the horses in a tight pack, doing fuck all.

Raist

« Reply #599 on: August 28, 2017, 08:58:29 PM »
Omg spoilers