Author Topic: Is the world burning?  (Read 244699 times)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Re: Is the world burning?
« Reply #3300 on: July 17, 2020, 12:57:48 AM »
Cool country. Where’s the unsubscribe button?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3301 on: July 17, 2020, 10:02:47 AM »
Cool country. Where’s the unsubscribe button?

dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3302 on: July 17, 2020, 01:09:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/DHS_Wolf/status/1284095516276592641

Mr. Wolf will not surrender against the violent jet set radio gangs

Q: Are we living in a simulation?

A: The Acting Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security is called Chad Wolf
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #3303 on: July 17, 2020, 01:25:49 PM »
At what point does police wearing military outfits carry over into stolen valor?

Because motherfuck the police.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #3304 on: July 17, 2020, 03:29:35 PM »
I'm not keen on Nazi comparisons, but this is some gestapo secret police shit right here.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #3305 on: July 17, 2020, 03:44:27 PM »
What's the legality using force in self-defence against a supposed "authority" that will not identify itself?

___

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #3306 on: July 17, 2020, 03:46:38 PM »
What's the legality using force in self-defence against a supposed "authority" that will not identify itself?

You'd probably legally find yourself dead.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3308 on: July 18, 2020, 02:13:37 AM »
It's the border patrol which makes these legal:
https://www.thenation.com/article/society/border-patrol-portland-arrest/
Dated July 1, the memo is titled “Public Affairs Guidance: CBP Support to Protect Federal Facilities and Property” and marked “For Official Use Only.” It describes a special task force created by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in response to President Trump’s Executive Order on Protecting American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues and Combating Recent Criminal Violence. That task force, the Protecting American Communities Task Force (PACT), has been tasked not only to assess civil unrest but also to “surge” resources to protect against it.

The Portland arrest of Mark Pettibone, first reported by Oregon Public Broadcasting, followed several similar arrests involving officers from a Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC)—CBP’s equivalent of a SWAT team—as well as the US Marshals Special Operations Group. A CBP spokesman confirmed to The Nation that CBP agents were responsible for the arrest, pointing to authorities under the Protecting American Communities Task Force.

“Violent anarchists have organized events in Portland over the last several weeks with willful intent to damage and destroy federal property, as well as injure federal officers and agents,” said the CBP spokesman. “These criminal actions will not be tolerated.”

The talking points memo identifies a series of potential questions, including many of those being asked in response to the Portland arrests. In several cases, it instructs CBP officials not to answer them, citing “operational security.” For example, in response to questions about where CBP personnel are being deployed, the memo says “it would not be appropriate to disclose law enforcement operational specifics which could jeopardize operational security.” As for questions about when CBP personnel will be deployed and for how long, the memo states, “We do not give out operational specifics, however we hope this support will be short-term, just for the July 4th weekend.” The CBP spokesman, however, did not give any indication the operation would be coming to an end. “The Department of Homeland Security [DHS] and its components will continue to work tirelessly to reestablish law and order,” he said.

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/border-zone/

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3309 on: July 18, 2020, 02:16:25 AM »
Are you a bad enough dude to take out these violent anarchists?
每天生气

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3310 on: July 18, 2020, 02:18:16 AM »
It's the border patrol which makes these OSTENSIBLY legal:
(snip)

FTFY

benjipwns

« Reply #3311 on: July 18, 2020, 02:22:40 AM »
I would never question my government's claims as to what is legal or not. I have faith in their judgement.

Unless Joe Biden wins.

benjipwns

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3313 on: July 18, 2020, 02:37:17 AM »
We got secret police literally kidnapping people off the street and throwing them into minivans now

Real neat

:beli

Did you know El Salvador meant The Saviour, isn't that an hopeful name ?
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3314 on: July 18, 2020, 11:14:09 AM »
dog

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3316 on: July 18, 2020, 11:04:57 PM »
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #3317 on: July 19, 2020, 12:46:57 AM »
Dated July 1, the memo is titled “Public Affairs Guidance: CBP Support to Protect Federal Facilities and Property” and marked “For Official Use Only.” It describes a special task force created by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in response to President Drumpf’s Executive Order on Protecting American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues and Combating Recent Criminal Violence. That task force, the Protecting American Communities Task Force (PACT), has been tasked not only to assess civil unrest but also to “surge” resources to protect against it.

The Portland arrest of Mark Pettibone, first reported by Oregon Public Broadcasting, followed several similar arrests involving officers from a Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC)—CBP’s equivalent of a SWAT team—as well as the US Marshals Special Operations Group. A CBP spokesman confirmed to The Nation that CBP agents were responsible for the arrest, pointing to authorities under the Protecting American Communities Task Force.

“Violent anarchists have organized events in Portland over the last several weeks with willful intent to damage and destroy federal property, as well as injure federal officers and agents,” said the CBP spokesman. “These criminal actions will not be tolerated.”

The talking points memo identifies a series of potential questions, including many of those being asked in response to the Portland arrests. In several cases, it instructs CBP officials not to answer them, citing “operational security.” For example, in response to questions about where CBP personnel are being deployed, the memo says “it would not be appropriate to disclose law enforcement operational specifics which could jeopardize operational security.” As for questions about when CBP personnel will be deployed and for how long, the memo states, “We do not give out operational specifics, however we hope this support will be short-term, just for the July 4th weekend.” The CBP spokesman, however, did not give any indication the operation would be coming to an end. “The Department of Homeland Security [DHS] and its components will continue to work tirelessly to reestablish law and order,” he said.
(Image removed from quote.)
oh cool literally the entirety of my state. :doge
Hi

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #3319 on: July 19, 2020, 03:45:18 AM »
:maduro
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3320 on: July 20, 2020, 02:25:15 AM »
Moms are tough.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #3321 on: July 20, 2020, 02:37:07 AM »
oh cool literally the entirety of my state. :doge
the best club to be in, we're safer than the rest :doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3323 on: July 20, 2020, 12:06:57 PM »
save us witchtok
rub

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3324 on: July 20, 2020, 02:31:37 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Tripon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3327 on: July 20, 2020, 03:16:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/HomelandKen/status/1285030306857263106

Why the hell would you hire people with such garbage takes :killme
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3328 on: July 20, 2020, 03:34:22 PM »
We won't come full circle until Republicans start sharing the profound wisdom of President Trump a decade from now.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #3329 on: July 20, 2020, 03:37:34 PM »
https://twitter.com/HomelandKen/status/1285030306857263106

Why the hell would you hire people with such garbage takes :killme

or someone with cucc in their name :lol :lol :lol
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3330 on: July 20, 2020, 03:49:39 PM »
Oh no, not our great Liberal institution Amazon. :(
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3331 on: July 20, 2020, 04:20:45 PM »
Good thing he clarified that the radical Left was the crocodile, otherwise we might assume he was talking about Trump.
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3332 on: July 20, 2020, 10:08:02 PM »
We won't come full circle until Republicans start sharing the profound wisdom of President Trump a decade from now.

We have a small advantage in that quotes normally need to be complete sentences.

Tripon

« Reply #3333 on: July 20, 2020, 10:22:38 PM »

We have a small advantage in that quotes normally need to be complete sentences.

PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3334 on: July 21, 2020, 03:30:17 AM »

PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT.

Given the opportunity, I'd grab him by the pussy.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3335 on: July 21, 2020, 04:05:30 AM »
This outrageous spending reminds me of a quote by President Trump
I've never seen a thin person drink diet coke
🤴

Fifstar

Gulp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3337 on: July 21, 2020, 09:03:11 AM »
Sadly, no.
dog

Tripon

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3339 on: July 21, 2020, 12:26:01 PM »
you can't just blow tear gas back at us!! :maf haha leafblower go brrrrrrrrrrrr :brock
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3341 on: July 21, 2020, 01:07:26 PM »
https://www.wtkr.com/news/newport-news-shipbuilding-investigate-fire-on-uss-john-f-kennedy

anotha one :doge

The shipyard says the fire created a lot of smoke but no injuries were reported.

:snore
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3342 on: July 21, 2020, 01:19:38 PM »
'minor fire' on the future USS John F. Kennedy
:thinking
🤴

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #3343 on: July 21, 2020, 01:57:13 PM »
Dated July 1, the memo is titled “Public Affairs Guidance: CBP Support to Protect Federal Facilities and Property” and marked “For Official Use Only.” It describes a special task force created by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in response to President Trump’s Executive Order on Protecting American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues and Combating Recent Criminal Violence. That task force, the Protecting American Communities Task Force (PACT), has been tasked not only to assess civil unrest but also to “surge” resources to protect against it.

(Image removed from quote.)
as far as I know Ice can operate in the same distance from any international airport so basically any city that isn’t Denver because the airport is like 3 fucking counties away.
vin

shosta

« Reply #3344 on: July 21, 2020, 08:36:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1285431298136276992

Just saw this... popular resistance going strong :lawd
每天生气

shosta

每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3346 on: July 22, 2020, 08:03:08 AM »

Look at that snapback from Republicans. God damn.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3347 on: July 22, 2020, 12:05:14 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

stufte

« Reply #3349 on: July 22, 2020, 07:24:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1286032386719965191

:riot

I can't imagine this will go well and will fix NONE of the systemic problems.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #3350 on: July 22, 2020, 08:17:55 PM »
Well, this will be fun. Good looking out for us Trump, I guess.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3351 on: July 22, 2020, 09:05:36 PM »
Maybe they'll do better than the unskilled law enforcement officers we've been sending.
©@©™

stufte

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3353 on: July 23, 2020, 03:43:29 PM »
It's fucking nuts that Trump and the Trump admin literally speak of and treat the American population like they're enemy combatants. Using tactics the military used in Fallujah on the American streets :beli

Describing the Chicago operation as a "surge" is a bit on the nose.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #3354 on: July 23, 2020, 03:57:01 PM »
It was nuts when it happened in Iraq too.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #3355 on: July 23, 2020, 03:58:17 PM »
Can we embed Wolf Blitzer in one of the hotels to report?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #3356 on: July 23, 2020, 04:24:22 PM »
they've spent the last two decades explicitly stating that the left wanted to destroy the country and were working with outside terrorist groups, so it's only natural that it would come to this point
pcp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3358 on: July 24, 2020, 08:59:19 PM »

Tripon