Author Topic: Is the world burning?  (Read 240172 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: Is the world burning?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 01:17:10 AM »
starting to think meltdown may doesn't end in may
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 01:19:38 AM »
gotta celebrate tonight
pcp

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 01:22:59 AM »
starting to think meltdown may doesn't end in may
Eternal May

eleuin

• perennial loser

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 01:54:01 AM »
https://twitter.com/MoCrunch1/status/1266220475052634119

Im already waiting for the "why are black communities hit so hard by this pandemic" in a few weeks in that area

fucking dumbasses

shosta

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 01:55:00 AM »
That's such a kosma post
每天生气

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2020, 01:56:39 AM »
let that racism out
pcp

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2020, 02:01:43 AM »
Its true though, how fucking stupid can you be

Yeah I get the protest against those bastard cops that murdered another black man, yeah I would feel like burning some police cars myself etc.

Yet maybe not a good idea to go fucking dancing together with no masks during this outbreak compromising your whole community

If we can make fun of stupid maga people protesting going back to barber salons surely we can make fun of these blacks too

And lol  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ the racism comment

bluemax

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2020, 02:22:07 AM »
Yikes my dude.
NO

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2020, 02:22:48 AM »
The only thing this protest changed is more black lives will be lost in the coming weeks due to corona.

Congrats on winning the darwin award folks.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2020, 02:48:23 AM »
Never change zwarte

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2020, 03:32:44 AM »
https://twitter.com/_AlmondBaby/status/1265713741930180608

I feel as though "white lives don't matter" and "kill all white people" are equally provocative statements (and both equally stupid) but it's good he cleared that up.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2020, 04:09:40 AM »
The Day The Niccaz Took Over 2

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice
(ice)

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 05:36:56 AM »
if are you there rioting, you aint black

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 06:47:37 AM »
https://twitter.com/newday/status/1266315061209030658

They just arrested a black CNN reporter in Minnesota live on air. I’ve never seen anything like this.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 06:57:26 AM »
minnesota cops must not give a fuck  :existential

you'd think the brass would be telling them not to do shit that will fan the flames more but then they do that

:piss :drudge :piss2
(ice)

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 07:02:52 AM »
Finally got those CNN criminals.  :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 07:37:28 AM »
Idk tbf just another colony struggling post colonialism.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2020, 07:41:27 AM »
If we can make fun of stupid maga people protesting going back to barber salons surely we can make fun of these blacks too

everyone watching has noted how this event has been surprisingly multiracial for once, everyone shocked at how many white people are there standing beside their black neighbors

if anything if the damage is worse this time around, it correlates with more white people being present
Uncle

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2020, 07:42:47 AM »
The only thing this protest changed is more black lives will be lost in the coming weeks due to corona.

Congrats on winning the darwin award folks.

I get what you're saying, but... :yikes

If you were going to do the racism thing, at least say "they should've worn masks to protect against facial recognition." More subvert.

4/10. See me after racism class. :wag  :doge

Seriously though: Did protesters learn nothing after the Hong Kong protests? At least wear a mask to avoid the cameras. :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2020, 07:48:40 AM »
Man, those cops are really fucking dumb.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2020, 07:48:56 AM »
most of them actually are wearing masks, read a post from someone who attended and they said 80% mask coverage if not more, and people were handing out masks to those who didn't have them
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2020, 07:49:59 AM »
Well, at least is something.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2020, 07:53:00 AM »
Im just basing this on the one clip here. Situation is surely a corona cluster in the making. Who will it hurt the most? The families and friends of the people involved. Mostly black people. Making a bad situation worse. And for what? Nothing will come of this riot. More pointless then the Warsaw Uprising.

ACAB we all know this but this protest is just dumb like this, in these times. Maybe try to do something more creative.

Anyhoo have fun labeling me racist with your faux outrage of the truth I typed out that this is some stupid shit.

BisMarckie

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2020, 07:58:24 AM »
More pointless then the Warsaw Uprising.

:whoo

Boredfrom

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2020, 07:59:18 AM »
You are right about the infection cluster but given how the cops have been acting makes me sympathize more with the protesters.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2020, 08:20:43 AM »
This is getting very China/Russia/Stasi-esque if not a hoax.

From the vid you can't make out its a cop in that mask.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2020, 08:32:49 AM »
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2020, 08:41:44 AM »
saying this because you have to call shit when you see it in advance

I believe the reason the cop is not arrested yet is that the DA/police believe they have evidence that george died of some kind of overdose, and would have died with or without a knee on his neck

absent some kind of toxicology report I don't believe that's the case, but I believe it's what THEY believe

and at this point if it was true...no one would ever believe it
Uncle

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2020, 08:42:21 AM »
Oops, I meant to post the “that's no protester“ tweet, not the one IDing him.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Still a cop tho  :hans1

https://twitter.com/k3lese/status/1265871849310900226

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Probably some shit heel BernieBro
[close]

[close]
___

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2020, 09:23:51 AM »
https://kstp.com/news/george-floyd-fired-officer-overlapped-security-shifts-at-south-minneapolis-club-may-28-2020/5743990/

"Chauvin was our off-duty police for almost the entirety of the 17 years that we were open," Santamaria said. "They were working together at the same time, it's just that Chauvin worked outside and the security guards were inside."

Beezy

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2020, 09:27:31 AM »
Maybe try to do something more creative.
Like what

Instead of debating or arguing with people I usually stop entering a thread once I see people talking crazy because it's not worth it, but you sound like a piece of shit on this page. Never thought I'd see the protests don't work/do something else argument on here just three days after police murdered someone on camera.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2020, 09:33:41 AM »
Well these protests dont work and they wont achieve anything and they will kill more black people then they save.

If reality sounds like a piece of shit then thats too bad Beezy.

You can PM me in 6 months when nothing changed but some more people dead due to corona thanks to this protest.

Smart thing would be to organize and force change institutionally or organize guerrilla ways to protest/oppose police. I dont need to come up with alternatives for you.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2020, 09:36:07 AM »
One of the responses also had another racist Karen video:

https://twitter.com/dudebeyourself/status/1265809561065324545
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2020, 09:40:00 AM »
Smart thing would be to organize and force change institutionally or organize guerrilla ways to protest/oppose police.

yes if only someone would try these things, then we could see how effective they actually are

pcp

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2020, 09:51:37 AM »
Smart thing would be to organize and force change institutionally or organize guerrilla ways to protest/oppose police.

yes if only someone would try these things, then we could see how effective they actually are

(Image removed from quote.)

violence has also been tried before, at the Rodney King riots, at Ferguson, and didn't accomplish anything either

you're basically saying since everything has been tried and nothing works, peaceful protest doesn't work, violent protest doesn't work, let's just do the most heinous option out of all of them lol it's lit
Uncle

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2020, 09:52:06 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

If you dont think that is effective wait until you find out how much this riot does

BisMarckie

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2020, 10:04:58 AM »
More pointless then the Warsaw Uprising.

:whoo

How anyone can call the Warsaw Uprising pointless is the wildest shit. That event has shaped the Polish identity throughout the years of Polish oppression as a Soviet satellite state and is still important to a collective remembrance and identity today. :mindblown

shosta

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2020, 10:06:40 AM »
Kosma betraying his own people :hitler he's on a roll!
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2020, 10:10:16 AM »
Kiss my round, brown butt.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2020, 10:12:23 AM »
Nah the extent to which this is canon now to Varsovian (makes some sense) and Polish identity (makes less sense) is the whole fucking problem with it, there is no discussion  because if you are against it you are labelled unpatriotic.

Most of the people that are so high on the uprising weren't in it and didn't die etc. They are just right wingers with a nationalistic agenda (not patriots but nationalists).

While the sentiment of the uprising was in some ways worthy the outcome was a bottle job and it was a pointless bloodshed so close to the end with hundreds of thousands dead.

My grandma who was there said when asked in an interview how she views it "many young people died bravely, but needlessly . Im sure she would rather have had her dad back and not being in Auschwitz over a pointless last stand.

The parallels with not being able to say these protests are dumb is huge.

Cheddahz

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2020, 10:22:57 AM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2020, 10:27:00 AM »
Is it too much to ask that a riot have a clear agenda, a ten-point plan for achieving its goals, and organized leadership to maintain order while also keeping social distancing?  Also, it's 2020 why are we not rioting over zoom?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2020, 10:30:05 AM »
You can't really expect people to peacefully protest when they've done so for decades with little to no change. This shit was a powder keg waiting to blow up and unemployment rising during the lockdown probably accelerated it all.

yeah honestly it makes a lot of sense when you're unemployed to go ruin other peoples' lives too so they can be just as unemployed as you, it's pretty cathartic
Uncle

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2020, 10:30:19 AM »
Sorry guys I don't know why I'm arguing with you.

You guys have it all figured out in the USA already between electing trump, no healthcare and institutionalized racism I think you have all the solutions.

I'll just refrain from commenting while you show the world how to best organize and get things done.

I will think about this during my 2-3 months paid paternity leave on a minimum pay job in this wretched country that can learn a lot from how you do things in the US.

Maybe one day we will be able to copy your blueprint for stability and success.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2020, 10:32:19 AM »
violent protest is literally why there is progress in this country. like jesus christ in any country go look it over and see how often brutal disenfranchisement was resolved through the fucking legislature vs direct fucking action. you don't make gains by appealing to nonexistant empathy or whatever, you make gains by showing them that the alternative is much much worse. the liberal whackoff fantasy of nonviolently negotiating a peaceful world is nothing but a thought exercise for people who ignore the world around them.
pcp

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2020, 10:35:42 AM »
violent protest is literally why there is progress in this country. like jesus christ in any country go look it over and see how often brutal disenfranchisement was resolved through the fucking legislature vs direct fucking action. you don't make gains by appealing to nonexistant empathy or whatever, you make gains by showing them that the alternative is much much worse. the liberal whackoff fantasy of nonviolently negotiating a peaceful world is nothing but a thought exercise for people who ignore the world around them.

oh you know you're right, the grand jury decided not to indict Darren Wilson which led to Ferguson riots and because of it afterward they changed their mind and arrested him and threw him in prison forever

plus after seeing what happened there, cops across the country learned a major lesson and changed their behavior afterward
Uncle

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2020, 10:39:38 AM »
muh neighborhoods
pcp

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2020, 10:40:07 AM »
Just ban Lager from the thread

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2020, 10:40:13 AM »
Expecting the victims to immediately disperse after for what most would be their first act of real defiance to the system that has been actively oppressing them since birth... To combat a problem that the system is also making actively worse for them... Naive would be the word if we're still being civil

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2020, 10:43:06 AM »
Expecting the victims to immediately disperse after for what most would be their first act of real defiance to the system that has been actively oppressing them since birth... To combat a problem that the system is also making actively worse for them... Naive would be the word if we're still being civil

burning down the precinct and demonstrating outside of it all day and night was 100% the right move because those are the people who are directly responsible
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2020, 10:43:25 AM »
I'll just refrain from commenting

Good idea!
ど助平