Author Topic: Is the world burning?  (Read 240166 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Is the world burning?
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2020, 10:43:41 AM »
Im surprised yall can type so much when there is a revolution outside. Aren't you joining the successful movement of liberation?

Or you are more the silent keyboard warrior types?

Just ban Lager from the thread

That will show the officers repsonsible!

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2020, 10:43:45 AM »
Can't believe I get to live through another Long Hot Summer
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2020, 10:45:46 AM »
Bork plz, he’s literally trolling race issues

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2020, 10:46:33 AM »
With global warming, they will all become long hot summers soon.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2020, 10:47:44 AM »
How am i trolling race issues?

I agree with the sentiment and am anti police

You cant say anything to some of you eh that doesnt fit the lets burn it all down narrative

Bunch of losers

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2020, 10:48:15 AM »
The first comment you had was to call all the black people dumbasses. No time for you

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2020, 10:48:54 AM »
Well they are so? (The protesters)

Just like the maga protesters

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2020, 10:50:41 AM »
They’re not dumb, they’re oppressed and boiling over, it’s not an official group with an agenda, it’s an outburst that happens when you constantly crush human spirits, go away

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2020, 10:52:11 AM »
OK Lager, thanks for your input.  It's time to stop posting in this thread. 
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2020, 10:52:53 AM »
Well I think they are dumb so and if you dont like it too bad

Thats not racism and if you think so you are dumb too

I dont think they are dumb because they are black (racism) but of how they act

I also thinl maga protesters are dumb but not because they are white (racism) but because of how they act

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2020, 10:53:48 AM »
Well I think they are dumb so and if you dont like it too bad

Thats not racism and if you think so you are dumb too

I dont think they are dumb because they are black (racism) but of how they act

I also thinl maga protesters are dumb but not because they are white (racism) but because of how they act

OK, great.  Don't make another post in this thread.
ど助平

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2020, 10:53:52 AM »
Armchair philosophy of how people that have had their dignity crushed for over a century should feel, how they should do so and so to accomplish so and so, is fucking laughable and coming from a perspective of privalege.

OH!

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2020, 10:54:07 AM »
You will have to ban me to make me stop posting my non racist opinions

Then you can reflect in the future how you are a big pussy for not wanting to hear different OPINIONS

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2020, 10:54:40 AM »

Then you can reflect in the future how you are a big pussy for not wanting to hear different OPINIONS

But how can I hear anything?  It's all text!

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2020, 10:54:51 AM »
violent protest is literally why there is progress in this country. like jesus christ in any country go look it over and see how often brutal disenfranchisement was resolved through the fucking legislature vs direct fucking action. you don't make gains by appealing to nonexistant empathy or whatever, you make gains by showing them that the alternative is much much worse. the liberal whackoff fantasy of nonviolently negotiating a peaceful world is nothing but a thought exercise for people who ignore the world around them.

oh you know you're right, the grand jury decided not to indict Darren Wilson which led to Ferguson riots and because of it afterward they changed their mind and arrested him and threw him in prison forever

plus after seeing what happened there, cops across the country learned a major lesson and changed their behavior afterward

He said nothing about cops changing their behavior.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2020, 10:54:55 AM »
Armchair philosophy of how people that have had their dignity crushed for over a century should feel, how they should do so and so to accomplish so and so, is fucking laughable and coming from a perspective of privalege.

Privelage of being Polish and having our dignity crushef for centuries?

shosta

« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2020, 10:55:08 AM »
This month is taking so many victims
每天生气

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2020, 10:55:46 AM »
burning down the precinct and demonstrating outside of it all day and night was 100% the right move because those are the people who are directly responsible

So we're in agreement it'll be cool when they do it after burning city hall? Like 12 aren't enforcing the status quo and serve only those in power fuck out of here

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2020, 10:56:22 AM »

OK Lager, take a few days off to cool down.
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2020, 10:57:05 AM »

Exactly, to crib my Facebook post from the other day, if you are mostly upset about property damage or theft, your priorities are too far gone for me to engage with you on this.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2020, 10:57:07 AM »

Privelage of being Polish and having our dignity crushef for centuries?

My lack of knowledge of Polish history is the same as yours for black and impoverished Americans. Difference is don't talk about Poland as if I have a fucking clue.
OH!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2020, 10:59:42 AM »
burning down the precinct and demonstrating outside of it all day and night was 100% the right move because those are the people who are directly responsible

So we're in agreement it'll be cool when they do it after burning city hall? Like 12 aren't enforcing the status quo and serve only those in power fuck out of here

when they do what?  yeah I think we're in agreement, burning down the precinct made sense, burning city hall maybe too sure, those are public institutions no longer serving the people
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2020, 11:00:57 AM »
Imagine making fun of us for having no healthcare, which is basically due to corporate greed on one hand, and defending corporate property in the other. Lol

IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2020, 11:02:37 AM »

Might have to watch Do The Right Thing again :whew
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2020, 11:02:40 AM »

Exactly, to crib my Facebook post from the other day, if you are mostly upset about property damage or theft, your priorities are too far gone for me to engage with you on this.

ok but what if you're concerned about the people impacted by it

I don't care about fucking stuff I care about the dude who didn't do anything wrong losing everything

https://twitter.com/Hvyster/status/1266254845356290050

this guy is lucky he got his gofundme up early
Uncle

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2020, 11:05:02 AM »
again, it's not a coordinated political movement, it's a violent response to violent oppression

and yeah it sucks when innocent people get hurt but obviously so many more people get hurt by the day to day bullshit, which is exactly why shit builds up and explodes like this
pcp

Himu

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2020, 11:08:38 AM »

ok but what if you're concerned about the people impacted by it

I don't care about fucking stuff I care about the dude who didn't do anything wrong losing everything

https://twitter.com/Hvyster/status/1266254845356290050

this guy is lucky he got his gofundme up early

We know you're not concerned for them. Some rich black person will find out about it and help him. Bet.
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2020, 11:11:44 AM »
when they do what?  yeah I think we're in agreement, burning down the precinct made sense, burning city hall maybe too sure, those are public institutions no longer serving the people
Quote from: guess
Urban riots must now be recognized as durable social phenomena. They may be deplored, but they are there and should be understood. Urban riots are a special form of violence. They are not insurrections. The rioters are not seeking to seize territory or to attain control of institutions. They are mainly intended to shock the white community. They are a distorted form of social protest. The looting which is their principal feature serves many functions. It enables the most enraged and deprived Negro to take hold of consumer goods with the ease the white man does by using his purse. Often the Negro does not even want what he takes; he wants the experience of taking. But most of all, alienated from society and knowing that this society cherishes property above people, he is shocking it by abusing property rights. There are thus elements of emotional catharsis in the violent act. This may explain why most cities in which riots have occurred have not had a repetition, even though the causative conditions remain. It is also noteworthy that the amount of physical harm done to white people other than police is infinitesimal and in Detroit whites and Negroes looted in unity.

A profound judgment of today’s riots was expressed by Victor Hugo a century ago. He said, ‘If a soul is left in the darkness, sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.’

The policymakers of the white society have caused the darkness; they create discrimination; they structured slums; and they perpetuate unemployment, ignorance and poverty. It is incontestable and deplorable that Negroes have committed crimes; but they are derivative crimes. They are born of the greater crimes of the white society. When we ask Negroes to abide by the law, let us also demand that the white man abide by law in the ghettos. Day-in and day-out he violates welfare laws to deprive the poor of their meager allotments; he flagrantly violates building codes and regulations; his police make a mockery of law; and he violates laws on equal employment and education and the provisions for civic services. The slums are the handiwork of a vicious system of the white society; Negroes live in them but do not make them any more than a prisoner makes a prison. Let us say boldly that if the violations of law by the white man in the slums over the years were calculated and compared with the law-breaking of a few days of riots, the hardened criminal would be the white man. These are often difficult things to say but I have come to see more and more that it is necessary to utter the truth in order to deal with the great problems that we face in our society.
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »
violent protest is literally why there is progress in this country. like jesus christ in any country go look it over and see how often brutal disenfranchisement was resolved through the fucking legislature vs direct fucking action. you don't make gains by appealing to nonexistant empathy or whatever, you make gains by showing them that the alternative is much much worse. the liberal whackoff fantasy of nonviolently negotiating a peaceful world is nothing but a thought exercise for people who ignore the world around them.

oh you know you're right, the grand jury decided not to indict Darren Wilson which led to Ferguson riots and because of it afterward they changed their mind and arrested him and threw him in prison forever

plus after seeing what happened there, cops across the country learned a major lesson and changed their behavior afterward

:kermit

I'm all for violence if things aren't working. BUT history so far has been "lol we aren't going to change shit," and "the cop(s) that murdered the 'perp' get away scott-free."

Rioting isn't going to do shit. You want to bring change? Drag the fucking cop out through the mountain of "fellow brothers" that circle the wagon on his ass.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2020, 11:17:25 AM »
We know you're not concerned for them. Some rich black person will find out about it and help him. Bet.

foh with this, I literally donated to his gofundme

thankfully it's looking like he won't need a rich black benefactor because it's up over $56k
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2020, 11:25:55 AM »
not doxing myself but I'm pretty sure this one is mine it was about that time

Uncle

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2020, 11:29:16 AM »
I thought DC Dairy Queen was just your bedroom name. 

Himu

« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2020, 11:31:38 AM »
Coronavirus is making a lot of things that would have taken years or decades to unfold to happen.

Wouldn't be shocked if we are in the middle of an American civil wsr by the end of the year.
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2020, 11:35:04 AM »
Quote from: guess
Urban riots must now be recognized as durable social phenomena. They may be deplored, but they are there and should be understood. Urban riots are a special form of violence. They are not insurrections. The rioters are not seeking to seize territory or to attain control of institutions. They are mainly intended to shock the white community. They are a distorted form of social protest. The looting which is their principal feature serves many functions. It enables the most enraged and deprived Negro to take hold of consumer goods with the ease the white man does by using his purse. Often the Negro does not even want what he takes; he wants the experience of taking. But most of all, alienated from society and knowing that this society cherishes property above people, he is shocking it by abusing property rights. There are thus elements of emotional catharsis in the violent act. This may explain why most cities in which riots have occurred have not had a repetition, even though the causative conditions remain. It is also noteworthy that the amount of physical harm done to white people other than police is infinitesimal and in Detroit whites and Negroes looted in unity.

A profound judgment of today’s riots was expressed by Victor Hugo a century ago. He said, ‘If a soul is left in the darkness, sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.’

The policymakers of the white society have caused the darkness; they create discrimination; they structured slums; and they perpetuate unemployment, ignorance and poverty. It is incontestable and deplorable that Negroes have committed crimes; but they are derivative crimes. They are born of the greater crimes of the white society. When we ask Negroes to abide by the law, let us also demand that the white man abide by law in the ghettos. Day-in and day-out he violates welfare laws to deprive the poor of their meager allotments; he flagrantly violates building codes and regulations; his police make a mockery of law; and he violates laws on equal employment and education and the provisions for civic services. The slums are the handiwork of a vicious system of the white society; Negroes live in them but do not make them any more than a prisoner makes a prison. Let us say boldly that if the violations of law by the white man in the slums over the years were calculated and compared with the law-breaking of a few days of riots, the hardened criminal would be the white man. These are often difficult things to say but I have come to see more and more that it is necessary to utter the truth in order to deal with the great problems that we face in our society.

Kim Kardashian?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2020, 11:52:32 AM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2020, 12:13:23 PM »
This month is taking so many victims

If this keep going I may be forced to make a carepost one day.  :walkaway

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2020, 12:22:24 PM »
Coronavirus is making a lot of things that would have taken years or decades to unfold to happen.

Wouldn't be shocked if we are in the middle of an American civil wsr by the end of the year.

I feel like for most of the protestors it's more of an excuse to leave the house and FOMO than it is about George's death. I don't think this would have happened without the disinhibition given by the anonymity of face masks either.

You can call it "pent up collective aggression" or whatever psychobabble you want to use to justify it but to me it's just people rioting because they were given an excuse. If there was a riot happening outside my door i'd probably join out of morbid curiosity too. I don't think it's a noble thing how weak and violent people are, especially if they're only doing it because they know they have relative impunity.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2020, 12:30:34 PM »
leave trashy alone trolls, he's just auditioning for an episode of the :rogan podcast
(ice)

shosta

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2020, 12:31:14 PM »
I absolutely want to hear the Bro Jogan take on this
每天生气

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2020, 12:32:04 PM »
if i saw people getting gassed i would simply get gassed as well
pcp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2020, 12:32:07 PM »
ど助平

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2020, 12:33:08 PM »
if i saw people getting gassed i would simply get gassed as well

It's a gas. 

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2020, 12:33:45 PM »
I absolutely want to hear the Bro Jogan take on this

he'll probably say shits fucked up, can't blame anyone for protesting, but you've gone to far, but not all cops are bad people or something like that

something that will piss off both his haters and dickriders in equal measure
(ice)

shosta

« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2020, 12:34:18 PM »
I bet he goes off for five minutes calling them monkeys and animals
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2020, 12:37:44 PM »
Jamie, pull up the video. Look at him taking the tv. You can't tell me that has anything to do with George Boyd. Just pure animal instinct.
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2020, 12:40:02 PM »
I haven’t watched or listened to an episode of Joe Rogan my entire life. :smug

Or any podcast that is not concerned with vidya for that matter. :expert

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2020, 12:42:32 PM »
When even OJ, with his extensive history, is defending the riots you know you fucked up

https://twitter.com/TheRealOJ32/status/1266402686540210184

i mean some race riots and tension played a big part in him getting away with murder, no wonder he loves them :trumps
(ice)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2020, 12:43:00 PM »
Wow, you're a fucking dumbass.

I just have a dim view of humanity, informed by the dim view I have of myself

:fbm

Anyway we are T-Minus 2 mins. Lets see how Biden fucks this one up

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2020, 12:48:51 PM »
didn't expect the thread to go in this direction with the wild racism but fuck it

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2020, 12:54:01 PM »
justified. something needs to change.

have seen a lot of awful takes on this, but seems like I am seeing more agreement/empathy than usual, although that may be result of curation.

debated even commenting on as no one really cares about yet another white guy take but I think what's happening now has been amplified more by so much video of white people being held to a completely different set of rules...protesting things of far less importance in a manner that would have resulted in them being arrested /at best/ if the situation was flipped.

I don't really know how to fix the central problem of 'be less racist.' the obvious answer is we need to find a way to actually bring the police back to the community, but there is a real gulf at moment. like all other bullshit happening in the US it's being made worse by binary us v them mentality. motherfuck your thin blue line and increasing militarization.

short-term I think at a minimum there is no excuse at this point to not have body video on all officers at all times. there needs to be more penalty for footage disappearing conveniently, I don't think flipping the burden or proof is really the answer but it's getting to that point.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2020, 12:55:42 PM »
didn't expect the thread to go in this direction with the wild racism but fuck it

Premium Lager did say fuck the police and justice for George though. He's a jabroni not a racist (unless he said some shit I didn't see)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2020, 12:57:07 PM »
You haven't seen his you haven't seen a gypsy comments.   

shosta

« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2020, 01:00:35 PM »
It's just kind of funny because he was like "What's the Endlosung for Mexicans in the US, when is this going to be the last straw for them?" but then flips out when black people do some shit
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2020, 01:05:53 PM »
You haven't seen his you haven't seen a gypsy comments.

I don't go into the Make Memes Dank Again thread because I consider memes a lesser artform

Himu

« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2020, 01:09:03 PM »

I feel like for most of the protestors it's more of an excuse to leave the house and FOMO than it is about George's death. I don't think this would have happened without the disinhibition given by the anonymity of face masks either.

You can call it "pent up collective aggression" or whatever psychobabble you want to use to justify it but to me it's just people rioting because they were given an excuse. If there was a riot happening outside my door i'd probably join out of morbid curiosity too. I don't think it's a noble thing how weak and violent people are, especially if they're only doing it because they know they have relative impunity.

Shut the fuck up.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2020, 01:11:28 PM »
When even OJ, with his extensive history, is defending the riots you know you fucked up

https://twitter.com/TheRealOJ32/status/1266402686540210184

Oj is a black man.
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2020, 01:14:12 PM »
I consider memes a lesser artform

Get on zoom - I'm about to go wild on your ass.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2020, 01:16:14 PM »
He said it's "kinda a sad day".

I guess no day is truly sad when you know that all things being equal you'd be in jail for the brutal murder of your ex-wife and her friend.

I got zoom post it up man

shosta

« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2020, 01:16:45 PM »
Stop posting
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2020, 01:19:21 PM »
I got zoom post it up man

I have taken a sobering minute and decided zoom violence is not the answer.  Instead, I propose that our most prominent dank meme posters form a committee to discuss our concerns with you and provide oversight to your posts.