Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1082611 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Warlords of Rona
« Reply #10140 on: July 09, 2020, 10:42:55 AM »
Ontario is 170+, 3 Deaths.  86 come from an area with spreading between temporary farmworkers, who are now being targetted for testing. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #10141 on: July 09, 2020, 10:43:35 AM »
The last hold out at my work finally put on a mask this morning, think I’ll throw a pizza party

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10142 on: July 09, 2020, 11:36:09 AM »
Florida is 8,935 with a positivity rate of 20.72% and they only did 5/7th of the tests they did yesterday.  Also 120 dead.    This is looking pretty bad. 

thetylerrob

« Reply #10143 on: July 09, 2020, 11:45:30 AM »
Maybe some landlords will catch Covid during inspections and some good can come from all of this.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #10144 on: July 09, 2020, 11:47:49 AM »

Bald&Bankrupt confirms Corona shrinks your dick.  :fbm

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #10146 on: July 09, 2020, 12:32:09 PM »
The government is stealing the real cure for themselves

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaniCHurtado_/status/1280948345381490690

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #10147 on: July 09, 2020, 12:37:02 PM »
Chemical clean up/ hazard waste truck in that pic

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10148 on: July 09, 2020, 12:40:06 PM »
Genesis II was not as well received as the original.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10149 on: July 09, 2020, 02:43:59 PM »
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pky359/philippines-deep-shit-follows-trump-bolsonaro-reopening-duterte

“In America and Brazil, the presidents are brave. Bolsonaro has money; he’s kind of like Trump," he said, citing the leaders' "devil may care attitude."

"We are poor. We cannot afford total pandemonium.”

He added: “If we follow the examples of other countries by opening our entire economy and thousands upon thousands of new cases happen—then we are in deep shit.”

:dead

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10150 on: July 09, 2020, 03:47:24 PM »
shosti's uncle not so bad  :maduro

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10154 on: July 09, 2020, 06:53:48 PM »
Welp, looks like the deaths are starting to catch up with the other metrics.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #10155 on: July 09, 2020, 06:57:12 PM »

The moment we've all been waiting for
:O

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10157 on: July 09, 2020, 07:19:25 PM »
https://www.sunherald.com/latest-news/article244119132.html

Mississippi’s five largest hospitals are out of ICU beds

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #10158 on: July 09, 2020, 08:11:08 PM »
came in here to post this. This sucks :'(
vin

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #10159 on: July 09, 2020, 08:15:52 PM »
And so it begins in California. Notices got posted today at our apartment complex stating they are going back to normal operations, inspections will happen and no notice will be made ahead of time nor will there be any special exemptions due to COVID-19. This housing is partially subsidized by the Federal government, so I'm assuming this is coming from higher up now that California is opening up. What a horrible time to let these exemptions expire as the numbers continue to rise.

I don't know about you guys but I trust myself, not others at this moment in time. I can't trust a team of individuals to come in and respect my personal space, let alone if they are traveling between multiple units in a single day... Increasing potential and avoidable risks. I don't know if that's a overreaction, but things aren't back to normal and I don't feel comfortable with that. I trust myself and the procedures I've adopted over the last few months to reduce and minimize risk in my household.

https://www.tobenerlaw.com/landlords-prohibited-from-entering-without-notice/

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #10160 on: July 09, 2020, 08:16:24 PM »
Uh... It's a renters thing? You're on someone else's property.

The law has a more nuanced approach than you're positing.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10161 on: July 09, 2020, 09:18:52 PM »
Bus driver who got pulverized for trying to keep his passengers safe is brain dead.
每天生气

G The Resurrected

« Reply #10162 on: July 09, 2020, 09:34:04 PM »
Uh... It's a renters thing? You're on someone else's property.

The law has a more nuanced approach than you're positing.

I should have stated previously that the notice acts as the "reasonable" notice to enter. They do this all the time with these notices, it's borderline shitty behavior. Sometimes they'll even post them the night before they intend to come in, which is less than 24 hours notice. I requested that they do a inspection over the phone, following their instruction to show them that we are in compliance and that everything is in working order. They've not yet made a decision about if they will or won't let us do that. I talked with one of the property supers about it and he doesn't haven an issue with it. He did tell me that the property management has been given some new guidance from HUD about the properties. Doesn't sound like good news from what he was telling me.

Anyways to keep this on track.

Where do we go from here? How do we even start to fix things when those in power choose to do nothing? The things they are choosing to do are only making things worse  and the fear I have is that all of this will be for nothing. The economy can be rebuilt, lives can't! Meanwhile those in power leave us to break for a recess when we have seriously fucked the pooch here. Emergency sessions should be going on to solve this crisis. We can't triage this problem when we don't even want to acknowledge that it's a problem in the first place.

Sorry I'm just frustrated more and more lately. I feel less and less in control of my life and fear for the protection and safety of those I love and care about deeply. I've already had so much happen in the past few months I can't really function properly anymore. The numbing reality setting in that riding this out is about all I can do. Managing the anxieties of not only myself but those I am close to.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #10163 on: July 09, 2020, 09:37:41 PM »
Bus driver who got pulverized for trying to keep his passengers safe is brain dead.

Fucking hell man... WTF is wrong with people? They never stop to think about others and how their actions are what's to blame for the chaos. If we'd all be good citizens who understood basic science and general ideas of logical thought maybe we wouldn't be here today. I feel so bad for that Bus Driver, he was just doing what's right and payed the price for it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 09:42:23 PM by G The Resurrected »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #10164 on: July 09, 2020, 10:21:48 PM »

Mandark

• Icon

G The Resurrected

« Reply #10166 on: July 09, 2020, 11:09:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/scontorno/status/1281301052248281094

:rage

Have you been inside a Home Depot lately? I went today and it was a nightmare, I was in and out in 5 minutes. I'm traumatized for life! I'm suing Home Depot for PTSD.

Seriously wtf is wrong with these people?

Bebpo

« Reply #10167 on: July 09, 2020, 11:30:43 PM »
My dad is still sick at almost week 3 but he just got his test results from Monday and they were negative for Covid. Not sure how much I buy that since his symptoms haven't changed that much since the start of being diagnosed positive, but I guess it's good news if true and this is all lingering secondary stuff that should clear up.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #10168 on: July 09, 2020, 11:59:30 PM »
The one thing that’s been nice about no one wearing masks in stores is that when I need to find some assistance I can find workers right away.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10171 on: July 10, 2020, 05:07:25 AM »
The test came back....

Negative

No Corona  :rejoice :birb :bowsette
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10172 on: July 10, 2020, 10:17:17 AM »
Bought a 50$ designer mask.  It's a lot more comfortable than my other one, but a lot less effective as a mask. Don't care, I look cool.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everything but shipping went to charity.
[close]

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10173 on: July 10, 2020, 10:21:05 AM »
The test came back....

Negative

Giving Lonewulfeus his like now.

james

« Reply #10174 on: July 10, 2020, 11:41:47 AM »
Today's Florida results are in!

Makes your guesses everyone!

And the winner is...

+11,433
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10175 on: July 10, 2020, 11:59:27 AM »
America has had more cases in the past 3 days than Canada has had the entire duration :titus

You just need 2 days and that has been true since last week and only going to get worse.  The US situation is terrible and I'm pretty worried that nothing will change until Jan. 

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10176 on: July 10, 2020, 12:04:00 PM »
Think about the local economies in the Caribbean that rely on US tourist dollars. Even if they do everything right and protect their population from the virus, they're fucked until the US gets its act together.

james

« Reply #10177 on: July 10, 2020, 12:05:12 PM »
America has had more cases in the past 3 days than Canada has had the entire duration :titus

You just need 2 days and that has been true since last week and only going to get worse.  The US situation is terrible and I'm pretty worried that nothing will change until Jan.

If youve ever wondered why people in "shithole" countries dont revolt against their incompetent leaders, this is real-world 101.

Widespread disease and poverty and crickets

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10178 on: July 10, 2020, 12:15:05 PM »
4th of July is mostly an outdoors holiday so hopefully that aspect won't be too bad?

Now I'm thinking of how many people Thanksgiving's going to kill, though.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #10179 on: July 10, 2020, 12:21:37 PM »
I think all the rescheduled weddings will be the larger problem. People that cancelled in the spring are carrying on like everything is fine. I've already had three invitations to events scheduled in August/September. No mentions of social distancing, masks, or other limits.

I'll be declining and sending cards.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10180 on: July 10, 2020, 12:23:51 PM »
Think about the local economies in the Caribbean that rely on US tourist dollars. Even if they do everything right and protect their population from the virus, they're fucked until the US gets its act together.

Cuba laughs as the Canadians keep coming. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10181 on: July 10, 2020, 12:30:01 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10182 on: July 10, 2020, 12:31:17 PM »
Today's Florida results are in!

Makes your guesses everyone!

And the winner is...

+11,433
[close]

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-07-10-20-intl/h_b9b1699e07df04a026c9ff9bf5b9ff00

Officials in Florida's Miami-Dade County reported a staggering 33.5% Covid-19 positivity rate on Thursday, according to data released by Mayor Carlos Gimenez's office.

james

« Reply #10183 on: July 10, 2020, 12:48:50 PM »
I think all the rescheduled weddings will be the larger problem. People that cancelled in the spring are carrying on like everything is fine. I've already had three invitations to events scheduled in August/September. No mentions of social distancing, masks, or other limits.

My boss and his family are on the road right now to go to his sister's wedding.

And yes, it's a hotspot.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10184 on: July 10, 2020, 12:50:29 PM »
SMH morons traveling in the middle of a pandemic.  Shame. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #10185 on: July 10, 2020, 12:51:59 PM »

I’m expected to be in my brothers wedding sept 18. Hoping they reschedule as it gets closer, but if not, sorry bro

ToxicAdam

« Reply #10186 on: July 10, 2020, 12:58:08 PM »
Autopsies on people who died of the coronavirus are helping doctors understand how the disease affects the body -- and one of the most remarkable findings concerned blood clotting, a pathologist says.

Some Covid-19 patients are known to develop blood clotting issues, but the degree and the extent to which that occurs was described as "dramatic" by Rapkiewicz.

"What we saw at autopsy was sort of an extension of that," she said. "The clotting was not only in the large vessels but also in the smaller vessels.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/health/what-coronavirus-autopsies-reveal/index.html

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10187 on: July 10, 2020, 01:04:19 PM »
US is at +30,705 without any of Texas, California, Georga, Tennessee, and South Carolina among a lot of others.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #10188 on: July 10, 2020, 01:09:32 PM »
Louisiana, which already had a terrible first wave: +2,642 (imagine California with 25,000 new cases a day).

The state was at +234 on June 8th.

james

« Reply #10189 on: July 10, 2020, 01:10:48 PM »
US is at +30,705 without any of Texas, California, Georga, Tennessee, and South Carolina among a lot of others.

Im old enough to remember when we went below 20k cases a day and the rona was over

james

« Reply #10190 on: July 10, 2020, 01:11:29 PM »
Louisiana, which already had a terrible first wave: +2,642 (imagine California with 25,000 new cases a day).

The state was at +234 on June 8th.

Im really curious about seeing their data by race

I feel like they had a black people wave and now its a white people wave

ToxicAdam

« Reply #10191 on: July 10, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »
Ohio Republicans getting a bit stir crazy ...
"Are you tired of living in a dictatorship yet?" Republican state Rep. Nino Vitale wrote in a post on Facebook Tuesday after Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, a Republican, announced the mask mandate. "This is what happens when people go crazy and get tested. STOP GETTING TESTED! It is giving the government an excuse to claim something is happening that is not happening at the magnitude they say it is happening.
Ohio State Rep. Candice Keller didn't wear a mask when she shopped Thursday at a Middletown Walgreens.

She did wear a blue hat featuring an American flag and the name "Reagan."

Keller posted on Facebook a photo of herself on Facebook outside the door of the Walgreens. A sign on the door said, "Mandatory face protection is required to enter."

"Spent $53. No mask. Only one in the store maskless," Keller wrote in the post. "Be brave. Try it. You'll like it."

fecking facebook

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #10192 on: July 10, 2020, 01:19:32 PM »
Ohio Republicans getting a bit stir crazy ...
"Are you tired of living in a dictatorship yet?" Republican state Rep. Nino Vitale wrote in a post on Facebook Tuesday after Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, a Republican, announced the mask mandate. "This is what happens when people go crazy and get tested. STOP GETTING TESTED! It is giving the government an excuse to claim something is happening that is not happening at the magnitude they say it is happening.
Ohio State Rep. Candice Keller didn't wear a mask when she shopped Thursday at a Middletown Walgreens.

She did wear a blue hat featuring an American flag and the name "Reagan."

Keller posted on Facebook a photo of herself on Facebook outside the door of the Walgreens. A sign on the door said, "Mandatory face protection is required to enter."

"Spent $53. No mask. Only one in the store maskless," Keller wrote in the post. "Be brave. Try it. You'll like it."

fecking facebook
"STOP GETTING TESTED! It is giving the government an excuse to claim something is happening that is not happening at the magnitude they say it is happening."

Flawless logic.

james

« Reply #10193 on: July 10, 2020, 01:20:51 PM »
We're allowed to hope for death on this forum right

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10194 on: July 10, 2020, 01:22:41 PM »
you have not earned that

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10195 on: July 10, 2020, 01:41:05 PM »
https://globalnews.ca/news/7160749/canada-us-border-push

The federal government is softly pushing back against an effort from U.S. Congress members to reopen the border with Canada amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, saying any decision will be made “by Canadians, for Canadians.”

A bipartisan group of 29 federal lawmakers led by New York representatives Brian Higgins and Elise Stefanik sent a letter to Public Safety Minister Bill Blair and Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf late last week, urging both countries to “immediately craft a comprehensive framework for phased reopening of the border.”

:piss

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #10196 on: July 10, 2020, 01:47:24 PM »
"But America! What big case numbers you have," said Little Red Canada.

"The better to kill you with, my dear," roared America as he leapt out of the bed and began to chase Canada.

james

« Reply #10197 on: July 10, 2020, 01:49:14 PM »
https://globalnews.ca/news/7160749/canada-us-border-push

The federal government is softly pushing back against an effort from U.S. Congress members to reopen the border with Canada amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, saying any decision will be made “by Canadians, for Canadians.”

A bipartisan group of 29 federal lawmakers led by New York representatives Brian Higgins and Elise Stefanik sent a letter to Public Safety Minister Bill Blair and Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf late last week, urging both countries to “immediately craft a comprehensive framework for phased reopening of the border.”

:piss

Im up for a Montreal strip club excursion!

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10198 on: July 10, 2020, 01:51:11 PM »
Justin just needs to tell Trump there actually are a lot of brown people in Canada and he'll make sure the border stays closed.

*obligatory trudeau brownface punchline*