Poll

Call it:

Worth the wait, worth the hype. Final Fantasy is saved.
6 (13.6%)
Flawed and hobbled together but a great game nonetheless.
5 (11.4%)
MGS V syndrome. Great gameplay, barely any story, barren open world, repetitive game design.
4 (9.1%)
Incoherent mess of gameplay, storytelling, and design. The most expensive turd the Japanese can squeeze out.
18 (40.9%)
Worse than FFXIII.
11 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Final Fantasy XV Official Thread of HD Towns and Bromantic Adventures  (Read 95436 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Final Fantasy XV Official Thread of HD Towns and Bromantic Adventures
« Reply #540 on: December 29, 2016, 12:50:01 AM »
Playing better looking and playing ps4 games via remote play on my vita :aah
fat

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #541 on: December 29, 2016, 01:04:23 AM »
Sure is a lot of nas or whoever getting off in this thread. :aah
Hi

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #542 on: December 29, 2016, 07:27:35 AM »
Does photo sharing work for anyone?  I wanted to share a picture of Cindy's huge tits on FB but I just keep getting an error :(

archie4208

« Reply #543 on: December 29, 2016, 12:05:17 PM »
CHAPTER 13 :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #544 on: December 29, 2016, 02:15:32 PM »
got my ass beat so bad that Prompto stopped and explained how experience points and leveling works. what the fuck
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #545 on: December 29, 2016, 03:10:19 PM »
apparently yes :(
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #546 on: December 29, 2016, 04:05:27 PM »
get smacked around, noob. go to bed
fat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #547 on: December 29, 2016, 06:19:41 PM »
Got the Plat, still playing this game. :aah

The locked door dungeons are super boring tho, I did two and may not do any more. The first two look and play out exactly the same (straight path that occasionally branches into three paths with two dead ends, bland rock walls, fight ~15 of the same three enemies then a boss that's a high level reskinned enemy, get a weapon). It's more fun to just do high level hunts, since at least you don't have to spend an hour getting to them.
©@©™

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #548 on: December 30, 2016, 12:23:21 PM »
I think its a little bullshit that you have to beat the game before getting the flying regalia
püp

SantaC

« Reply #549 on: December 30, 2016, 12:46:34 PM »
I finished the game today. What a ride!

demi with the good taste.

Tales of Berseria is next!

Himu

« Reply #550 on: December 30, 2016, 12:56:57 PM »
have no idea why you're mentioning demi when the whole thread absent rah likes the game
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #551 on: December 30, 2016, 01:40:22 PM »
have no idea why you're mentioning demi when the whole thread absent rah likes the game

demi is a tastemaker. Have you seen how many games the dude plays?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #552 on: December 30, 2016, 01:46:44 PM »
fuck advent rising
pcp

Mupepe

• Icon

Himu

« Reply #554 on: December 30, 2016, 04:27:07 PM »
yeah i don't get how demi still does it. even though it's taken a while for me to get back into games, my time is limited and I can only manage to play 6 hours or so  a week unless it's a portable game. Me playing so much of FFXV so quickly was a miracle. But I see people like Demi still playing games like when we were teens or whatever, or Bebpo playing 40 hours of FFXIV in like 2 weeks and I just think they're complete monsters because I don't the time nor the interest to do anything like that anymore.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #555 on: December 30, 2016, 07:07:10 PM »
I'm not entirely sure demi has a job, lol.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #556 on: December 30, 2016, 07:19:35 PM »
i game a lot with a full time job, wife, friends and family. just gotta make time. helps that I don't watch a whole lot of tv prolly. also bring able to pause games when u turn off the console is a fucking godsend I swear.
pcp

archie4208

« Reply #557 on: December 30, 2016, 09:52:45 PM »
The game's pacing is a mess, the combat is wank, the graphics swing between gorgeous and hideous, the open world is boring, and the sidequests are shit.

In spite of all that I still enjoyed this game, mostly due to a likable cast of characters.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The campfire scene that played during the ending was sad as fuck :fbm
[close]

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #558 on: December 30, 2016, 10:58:44 PM »
between that scene, and the one where the sun rose over their empty campsite, I was a mess :(
[close]
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #559 on: December 31, 2016, 12:40:36 AM »
Ardyn is legit one of my favorite Videogame villains and top 3 FF villians. Dude's VA and him fucking with you the entire game put him up there for me. He's the reason I didn't mind chapter 13 so much(that, and how fucking easy it was you scrubs)
[close]

i think he's pretty badass, and came off as a total sadistic asshole the further you went into the game. he was great.

my whole thing with chapter 13 was it was so visually boring. you go through a giant city that's been emptied out bc everyone turned into a demon, then you go into an airship that was as big as a city. and yet the whole time you're running through office hallways and janitor closets. BORING. there was so much more cool stuff they could have done.
[close]
pcp

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #560 on: December 31, 2016, 05:10:07 PM »
Well, beat it. Chapter 13 sucked ass and honestly made me care much less about the rest of the game. Boring, too long, and just obnoxious. Got me annoyed enough that I skipped most of the cutscenes and every battle I could after it cause I just wanted the game to end at that point. Put in 84 hours and had a blast but the last two-ish really got me salty about the rest.

Didn't realize what the pic choosing at the end was for but I'm glad I made the choice I did. :doge

[close]

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #561 on: December 31, 2016, 06:55:56 PM »
skipping the ending cutscenes noooo
pcp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #562 on: December 31, 2016, 09:37:19 PM »
5 hours in and I just got to whatever Quay. I'm having fun just hunting and running around. I started feeling tough and decided to fight that monster near Cids garage before I realized it was level 38. Whoops

bluemax

« Reply #563 on: January 02, 2017, 03:11:57 AM »
Just finished it. Chapter 13's stealth part was awful but otherwise the chapter was okayish I guess. Could've used more environmental variety but whatever. I think I wasn't quite paying enough attention at the end to pick up on all the story details but the ending stuff was good enough.

Surprised at how short the credits were for a game that took so long to develop. Wonder if they just cut everyone who didn't make it to the end.

Finished at level 60 with just under 60 hours played. Still got a bunch of hunts to do and some other side stuff maybe.

Overall I would say the game is more than each of its parts individually. It isn't the best game ever but I enjoyed my time with it.
NO

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #564 on: January 02, 2017, 05:47:30 AM »
they put the rest of the credits as an option on the title screen. there's a unique video and Florence song over it, so I'm guessing it was supposed to be mandatory at one point, but I'm glad they made it optional. i hate a 20 minute credits sequence that puts an additional scene afterwards.
pcp

SantaC

« Reply #565 on: January 02, 2017, 03:37:51 PM »
Just finished it. Chapter 13's stealth part was awful but otherwise the chapter was okayish I guess. Could've used more environmental variety but whatever. I think I wasn't quite paying enough attention at the end to pick up on all the story details but the ending stuff was good enough.

Surprised at how short the credits were for a game that took so long to develop. Wonder if they just cut everyone who didn't make it to the end.

Finished at level 60 with just under 60 hours played. Still got a bunch of hunts to do and some other side stuff maybe.

Overall I would say the game is more than each of its parts individually. It isn't the best game ever but I enjoyed my time with it.

Stealth? You could kill all enemies and there is no penalty for being  spotted
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:08:16 PM by SantaC »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #566 on: January 02, 2017, 03:46:06 PM »
me every time I try to fly the regalia:
pcp

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #567 on: January 02, 2017, 03:54:28 PM »
The game is so hand-holdy when it comes to driving the car: can't drive too fast, can't drive off-road, can't even drive in the wrong lane. Then you get the power of flight and it's like "Good luck, motherfucker."  :doge
©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #568 on: January 02, 2017, 04:04:08 PM »
it looked like it was gonna hold your hand just as much bc there's still invisible walls, you can't fly close to the ground or crash into mountains, or go near remote areas of the map. but as soon as you hit x to land it turns into fucking pilotwings.
pcp

SantaC

« Reply #569 on: January 02, 2017, 04:08:58 PM »
flying is only good for that secret dungeon

bluemax

« Reply #570 on: January 02, 2017, 09:14:14 PM »

You can't kill the Axemen until you get the sword (unless I missed something) and you have to hide from them until they aren't alert otherwise the doors lock. If the mini map had giving me a FOV indicator for them or anything it wouldn't have been so bad. It wasn't the worst thing ever but just kinda a poorly designed section.

The two things I legit hate in this game are the Regalia F and the Adamantoise fight. Both felt like the real wasted potential everybody tries to apply to the rest of the game(I'll give y'all chapter 13, though).

I got my first Game Over when using the Type F. I don't think I'll ever try it again unless there's something I have to use it for.
NO

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #571 on: January 02, 2017, 10:07:53 PM »
I've done as much sidequests as I can stomach now.  Level 80 with still probably 10+ hunts and I think three or four dungeons to do, finally moving on to the end game stuff.

Love the time jump and how Noct looks now.  Digging the King's clothing

Ifrit fight was really cool but really easy.  Honestly, I've not encountered a truly hard boss outside of the snake female assholes.  Hoping the Ardyn fight is at least somewhat tough, but this is all probably a result of my over-leveling.
[close]
püp

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #572 on: January 02, 2017, 11:25:33 PM »
Finally beat it today, now on to the Pitioss Ruins and fighting Adamantoise and grinding fishing levels. Not sure I want to bother with the latter 2... any tips to cheese Adamantoise (I'm on level 78).
^_^

bluemax

« Reply #573 on: January 02, 2017, 11:59:30 PM »
I finished the game with level 4 Fishing, level 9 Survival, Level 8 Cooking and Level 10 Photography. The fishing itself wasn't bad, I just wasn't compelled to do it.
NO

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #574 on: January 03, 2017, 09:01:26 AM »

You can't kill the Axemen until you get the sword (unless I missed something) and you have to hide from them until they aren't alert otherwise the doors lock. If the mini map had giving me a FOV indicator for them or anything it wouldn't have been so bad. It wasn't the worst thing ever but just kinda a poorly designed section.

Just keep the ring on them for a few seconds and eventually they'll die. They'll get a few hits in on you first, but when you kill them you get your health back anyway.

any tips to cheese Adamantoise (I'm on level 78).

Hit him in the toe till he dies. :doge
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #575 on: January 03, 2017, 09:17:01 AM »
You dont even need to use Death on the axemen. Use the other move, I forget what its called. Makes the word explode like glass. Kaboom.
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #576 on: January 03, 2017, 02:29:40 PM »
You dont even need to use Death on the axemen. Use the other move, I forget what its called. Makes the word explode like glass. Kaboom.
that's what I did. every time you dodge with the ring on it casts AOE Holy and kills them and everything around them.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #577 on: January 03, 2017, 02:35:58 PM »
Did you beat the locked door dungeons, Wrath? I'm wondering how ridiculous those get.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #578 on: January 03, 2017, 02:44:37 PM »
Eating the soup that gives you 100% crits (I think there's more than one) helps a lot during the Adamantoise fight. It only took me about 15 minutes on Lv. 90.
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #579 on: January 03, 2017, 03:08:41 PM »
that's what I did. every time you dodge with the ring on it casts AOE Holy and kills them and everything around them.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/0f680713-d46d-4c65-8937-75897b5893fd?gamerTag=demi&scid=b5330100-8e41-4577-b8ed-4a547dba0981
fat

bluemax

« Reply #580 on: January 03, 2017, 11:39:15 PM »

I swear I tried the magic and thought it didn't affect them. Guess I'm just dumb/the visual feedback was confusing. Oh well it's not like it took that long to get past.
NO

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:46:30 AM by demi »
fat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #582 on: January 04, 2017, 04:24:39 PM »
Beat it.  Best Final Fantasy game since IX.
püp

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #583 on: January 12, 2017, 12:48:41 PM »
Chapter 15 is the one where nothing happens and you just do random side quests and crash the airship.
©@©™

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #585 on: January 12, 2017, 09:41:15 PM »
The hatred this game gets on GAF is nonsense.
püp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #586 on: January 12, 2017, 10:07:25 PM »
yeah i mean there's no question this is an extremely flawed game but jfc people are acting like it's Third Birthday or something
pcp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #587 on: January 12, 2017, 10:41:39 PM »
I don't even think its extremely flawed.  I think its just poorly paced.  The core gameplay is fucking fantastic.
püp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #588 on: January 14, 2017, 10:00:06 AM »
So I know most of you have already finished but I'll chime in with my thoughts.

I'm 18 hours in, lvl 27 and just got to chapter 5. This game is a lot of fun. It's my favorite FF since IX and the first since XI I have had fun with. I have no idea what is going on with the story but the side quests, exploration and core gameplay have me playing for hours at a time which is something I rarely do nowadays.

Beezy

« Reply #589 on: January 14, 2017, 10:59:46 AM »
How do some of you have so much money in this game? I'm at the end and currently just cleaning up sidequests, but the most I've ever had at once is about 35k.

Btw, chapter 13 wasn't as bad as people made it seem. A little too long, but that's it.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #590 on: January 14, 2017, 11:04:21 AM »
I'm at Hunter level 4 i think, and most fights give 10k gil each time
pcp

Beezy

« Reply #591 on: January 14, 2017, 11:10:15 AM »
Oh ok, cool. I'm 5 stars or whatever away from lvl 4.

Beezy

« Reply #592 on: January 14, 2017, 01:05:40 PM »
To stay at the hotel which gives you 3x exp. Also, weapons.

SantaC

« Reply #593 on: January 14, 2017, 06:27:26 PM »
I just did the 100 floor dungeon, that took 2 hours. Was very easy though.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #594 on: January 14, 2017, 08:26:11 PM »
You get a tooooooon of Gil doing the postgame quests and hunts
püp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #595 on: January 14, 2017, 08:30:08 PM »
I'm about 15 stars from lvl 4 hunter. That's easily my favorite thing to do. I spend all my money on potions, hi potions and Phoenix downs. I have 100 of each at all time just in case I get stuck in the woods after dark. Fucking prompto is always dying like a little bitch. How do you guys keep him alive?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #596 on: January 14, 2017, 08:30:55 PM »
give him a nice hp boosting accessory
pcp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #597 on: January 14, 2017, 09:14:42 PM »
That and give him his first aid ascension skill
püp

SantaC

« Reply #598 on: January 14, 2017, 10:30:18 PM »
I'm about 15 stars from lvl 4 hunter. That's easily my favorite thing to do. I spend all my money on potions, hi potions and Phoenix downs. I have 100 of each at all time just in case I get stuck in the woods after dark. Fucking prompto is always dying like a little bitch. How do you guys keep him alive?

Magitek suit v2. Aka best armor in the game.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #599 on: January 15, 2017, 12:01:00 PM »
give him a nice hp boosting accessory
Yeah both of his accessories are the strongest hp boosters I can find right now

That and give him his first aid ascension skill
Gracias. Done.

Magitek suit v2. Aka best armor in the game.
When do I get this? I'm in chapter 6 right now just cleaning up side quests