Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3852607 times)

Tuckers Law

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #54660 on: November 14, 2019, 08:09:50 PM »
 :gladbron

...the abuse?

Tuckers Law

« Reply #54661 on: November 14, 2019, 08:11:16 PM »
I don’t see how that thread remains productive much longer.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #54662 on: November 14, 2019, 08:13:36 PM »
There are also chats that have been shown to people about a moderator on the staff talking in the discord about how Asexuals should not be a part of the LGBT+ community and instead of any challenging or talking through, was essentially told that people could see where they were coming from, to not feel bad, and then dropped.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-responding-to-trans-related-issues.151194/post-26470548

SCANDAL!

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #54663 on: November 14, 2019, 08:20:08 PM »
The mods aren’t transparent they are cisparent  :rodney

Boredfrom

« Reply #54664 on: November 14, 2019, 08:25:41 PM »
Acknowledging that one has a personal insight that helps inform their opinion and criticisms should not be equated to abusing a personal relationship. Open to discussion or not, a ban like this will only discourage people from expressing their legitimate concerns

Sound less like personal insight but more like she is feeling that she is the actual owner of the forum just for fucking a mod. This is not the first time it happened on RE.

Also, KetKat, stop being a coward and release the names of the problematic mods. :bolo

Boredfrom

« Reply #54665 on: November 14, 2019, 08:29:48 PM »
Quote from: DinosaurLegs
The thread that started out as a place to highlight a lack of regard shown to trans concerns ends in trans people being afraid to voice their honest concerns for fear of either being banned or upsetting the moderation staff. No winners to be found here.

Months. Trans threads following the same template:

Page 1: Concern is highlighted
Page 2: Concern is dismissed and trans people mocked or insulted
Page 3: Concern is dismissed and trans people mocked or insulted
Page 4: Concern is dismissed and trans people mocked or insulted
Page 5: Concern is dismissed and trans people mocked or insulted
Page 6: Concern is dismissed and trans people mocked or insulted
etc.

You’re speaking directly to the trans community on the forum and saying our upset is unwarranted, disproportionate. That we are mistaken in our perception. That there isn’t really an issue and that the general application of moderation hasn’t had issue surrounding this. While this very thread was made by someone outside of the trans community, concerned at what they and others had noticed.

You are inadvertently replicating the very issue being brought forward.

Policing exactly how and where we may express discontent while we endure week on week of being mocked, dismissed and insulted on the forum. Telling us to be mindful of those that have allowed that to continue, while simultaneously not acknowledging the issue that has been present nor apologising for the utter trash that people have had to endure if they wish to persist in any wider trans thread beyond a single post of support.

I have no desire to insult or upset any of you, and I have zero doubt that you do indeed care about trans people. Please just talk to us as people instead of framing us as intent on upsetting the staff while avoiding the very real context behind the emotions at playresulting in recent frustrations and aggravations. That this isn’t an isolated occasion, that it comes off the back of repeat past issues.

Please step back and pause on it. I don’t want to lose my account, I really don’t. I care for the forum and enjoy participating within it. That is diminished though, when people a part of the community I hold dear are left upset and frustrated perpetually at the discourse here. That they’re less vocal outside of niche threads. That they avoid threads about them and their issues because they don’t have the stamina to take part and give their thoughts.

That sucks, and something I know you will be saddened by. It’s the truth though, and this type of response in general doesn’t help resolve that. Just listen and take onboard the feedback within the context it is in, all we really ask and were asking for.

Nah, fuck you.

Pwnz

« Reply #54666 on: November 14, 2019, 08:30:30 PM »
Okay, I watched it. The message was:
Hobbies and clubs shouldn't be gendered
Be supportive over trans rights but up to a point. And their example is a scenario that likely wouldn't happen because most competitions require a transition time.

So I'm not getting the transphobia, stupid cunts

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #54667 on: November 14, 2019, 08:38:06 PM »
The year is 2022. Era has 90% transsexual member as they have kicked everyone out who does not line in them to a fault in terms of how everything has to be said, function and work.

>implying

Rman

« Reply #54668 on: November 14, 2019, 08:42:14 PM »
I just don't see the trans community in ERA ever being satisfied, especially with such a big forum.

After a while, don't you get tired of reporting people?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #54669 on: November 14, 2019, 08:50:13 PM »
Why would anyone want asexuals to be included as part of the alphabet?

That's like inviting atheists to a discussion about which theology is best.

Averon

« Reply #54670 on: November 14, 2019, 08:50:15 PM »
The dopamine rush they get for reporting a post and getting that poster banned is most likely the greatest highlight of their day.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54671 on: November 14, 2019, 08:52:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure I recall this transphobic mod thing, it's not some secret. I just don't really remember the specifics. He just said something insensitive and then edited it. Exactly like what KetKat said, he would have probably been permed if he wasn't a mod.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54672 on: November 14, 2019, 08:53:13 PM »
"Links to alt-right website" might as well be the free space on ERA in regards to trans issues.

:cmonson

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54673 on: November 14, 2019, 08:54:35 PM »
if Ree isn't a safe space for Trans folk, then no place is.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oooooor they're just insufferable narcissistic assholes who are used to getting what they want and blaming their adversity on being trans instead of simply being assholes.
[close]

Urinals

« Reply #54674 on: November 14, 2019, 08:54:37 PM »
Claiming that our staff don’t care, or attacking us for doing our jobs, is personally hurtful and makes us less likely to want to donate our time. In the interest of protecting the mental well-being of our volunteers, such posts will receive bans as steep as necessary until they stop.

:lol :lol :lol

« Reply #54675 on: November 14, 2019, 09:00:36 PM »
This is the left eating the left because instead of being progressive towards a common goal, there is a competition to outdo another to go as left as they can. Trans not satisfied by non trans. Left not happy with moderates. Moderates labelled as nazi sympathizers. Folks saying body slamming a woman to possible death is good folks are protected while those calling this as extreme are banned. The forum has literally devolved into a complete mess of removing sane voices resulting in only a holes  number increasing percentage wise. It’s literally like that comic “are we the bad guys?” Instead they are not realizing they are becoming the polar opposite of the very behavior they abhor among conservatives online, that doesn’t mean they are good they means they are just as bad on the left. Era is proof the horseshoe theory is real

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54676 on: November 14, 2019, 09:01:12 PM »
this will always be the self reflection that I hope for the Ree jerks, but will probably never come.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54677 on: November 14, 2019, 09:02:01 PM »
nepenthe got an 84 month loan on a 15k nissan versa wtf :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #54678 on: November 14, 2019, 09:02:20 PM »
To be very clear: We're talking about inappropriate access of private conversations between staff members. Saying more than that would involve violating the privacy of the individuals involved, which we will not do. No one has been banned for offering sincere feedback. Again this is a personal matter and it will remain that way.

You guys don’t even respect private conversations between users.  :lol

Just say that KetKat and Robin were bitch ass scumbags like Sweet Nicole and the other girl before it. Stop sugarcoating this given that I bet you most people defending KetKat probably know full well whatever drama you are trying ignore.

« Reply #54679 on: November 14, 2019, 09:05:09 PM »
Claiming that our staff don’t care, or attacking us for doing our jobs, is personally hurtful and makes us less likely to want to donate our time. In the interest of protecting the mental well-being of our volunteers, such posts will receive bans as steep as necessary until they stop.

You know... you can Quit and let sane people do the job

Rman

« Reply #54680 on: November 14, 2019, 09:07:35 PM »
if Ree isn't a safe space for Trans folk, then no place is.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oooooor they're just insufferable narcissistic assholes who are used to getting what they want and blaming their adversity on being trans instead of simply being assholes.
[close]

I honestly think they're asking way too much from a damn forum, one that has commercial interests.  They really need to establish their own forum or discord if they want such control.

But every day there's a new thread on some transphobic content.  I'm a minority myself. Finding bigoted stuff online isn't hard. But always being on this adrenaline rush of fighting injustice seems tiring.  It can't be good for your mental health.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #54681 on: November 14, 2019, 09:07:54 PM »
I can’t believe there was a fucking mod discussion about whether asexual people were part of the lgbt community. That’s actually pretty gross. Some of them must care more about classifying people than they actually care about people.
serge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54682 on: November 14, 2019, 09:08:07 PM »

You know... you can Quit and let sane people do the job

Isn't that how they started? Not exactly a phenomenon track record

Boredfrom

« Reply #54683 on: November 14, 2019, 09:10:18 PM »
I'm still extremely confused and frustrated as to why Ketkat was banned. She was excellent on this forum and I don't see where wrongdoing occurred.

:awesome

RE mods that read this thread: Just throw KetKat under the bus and stop pretending you give a shit about privacy.

stufte

« Reply #54684 on: November 14, 2019, 09:10:21 PM »
I can’t believe there was a fucking mod discussion about whether asexual people were part of the lgbt community. That’s actually pretty gross. Some of them must care more about classifying people than they actually care about people.

ding ding ding

« Reply #54685 on: November 14, 2019, 09:14:37 PM »
Wait a minute

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-responding-to-trans-related-issues.151194/post-26475715

Really because anytime anyone openly questions a mod or decision, they seem to get banned, warned or thread locked? Feels more like a dictatorship than a community at times with how a lot of things tend to be handled or silenced.

Don’t these extremist nut posters themselves contribute in reporting till their keyboard breaks that gets people banned and threads locked which don’t align with the hive mind? Why are they complaining about this when they partake when it’s any other non trans discussion.

Averon

« Reply #54686 on: November 14, 2019, 09:16:00 PM »
This is a classic case of the road to hell paved with good intentions. I think a lot of the mods honestly thought they were doing right by their users giving certain groups extra leeway and rights than others. However, they should have stopped doing that long ago. They have breed a culture within those cliques where they feel the mods are their personal enforcers and should be at their beck and call 24/7. And when the mods don't do that due to a mistake they make or not being sufficiently fast enough for their liking, the go-to respond is to bitch and moan and imply that the mods are bigots. This is not unlike how a spoiled, bratty kid acts when their parent--who usually gives them everything they want--start not to.

They spoiled a section of their userbase for years and now it is biting them in the ass.

« Reply #54687 on: November 14, 2019, 09:19:12 PM »
This is a good litmus year for cerium. Will he unban ketkat and succumb to pressure as if ketkat is a celebrity who needs to be protected or will he let ketkat be banned like every non celebrity poster on era . Let’s see if they are all about power or actual justice . If ketkat only gets a week or less ban or even unbanned unlike other posters who would get a month for this, this would prove Era is a hive mind

Rman

« Reply #54688 on: November 14, 2019, 09:19:24 PM »
This is a classic case of the road to hell paved with good intentions. I think a lot of the mods honestly thought they were doing right by their users giving certain groups extra leeway and rights than others. However, they should have stopped doing that long ago. They have breed a culture within those cliques where they feel the mods are their personal enforcers and should be at their beck and call 24/7. And when the mods don't do that due to a mistake they make or not being sufficiently fast enough for their liking, the go-to respond is to bitch and moan and imply that the mods are bigots. This is not unlike how a spoiled, bratty kid acts when their parent--who usually gives them everything they want--start not to.

They spoiled a section of their userbase for years and now it is biting them in the ass.

Basically.  It's always the same group of posters.

Pwnz

« Reply #54689 on: November 14, 2019, 09:21:13 PM »
The whole premise is incorrect. South park isn't making fun of trans athletes. They go out of their way multiple times in the episode that this isn't a normal trans person. By the end of the episode we know that this is strong women's ex boyfriend pretending to be trans due to misogyny resulting from their breakup. The dude hasn't transitioned, his dick is flapping around in spandex.

If anything the show is mocking the blind transphobic police that can't see things for how they are. It's almost like Parker reads era.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54690 on: November 14, 2019, 09:21:26 PM »

They should have stopped this shit since GAF implosion. Every fucker warned them that keep doing this was a bad idea.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54691 on: November 14, 2019, 09:21:46 PM »

As a closeted asexual I can only speak for myself, but I don't see what asexuals would even get out of being included in the LGBT community.

« Reply #54692 on: November 14, 2019, 09:24:53 PM »
I like how mods are falling over themselves walking on egg shells in that
Thread because they have created an environment where everyone is not equal, they have given special protection to groups even when folks say stuff that should get them banned but they are almost always not because society does not treat them well so we should treat those not
In these groups as inferior. Amazing

TVC15

« Reply #54693 on: November 14, 2019, 09:25:18 PM »

As a closeted asexual I can only speak for myself, but I don't see what asexuals would even get out of being included in the LGBT community.

Eh, I guess just the idea of grouping sexual minorities together. Stand stronger as a group, that sort of thing. They get a float in the Big Gay Parade, you know? Nobody wants to miss out on that. I see LGBTQIA+ or whatever pretty frequently.
serge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54694 on: November 14, 2019, 09:29:14 PM »

Eh, I guess just the idea of grouping sexual minorities together. Stand stronger as a group, that sort of thing. They get a float in the Big Gay Parade, you know? Nobody wants to miss out on that. I see LGBTQIA+ or whatever pretty frequently.

They'd probably put us at the back of the parade

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #54695 on: November 14, 2019, 09:35:12 PM »
it's someone blowing the whistle on papering over abuse.

Imagine this being the whistle blowing being discussed in November of 2019.

reference policies using wording found only in staff literature.

:crowdlaff

I wonder how many volumes they have.

Ketkat has been unable to explain her access to these conversations, but by process of elimination we are confident that we know how it was done, and that it was highly inappropriate. This is extremely serious and not a situation where inaction was possible.

:rofl

« Reply #54696 on: November 14, 2019, 09:36:28 PM »
So ketkat was fucking a mod and using the mods
Username and password to access staff information and maybe even ban a few folks.
Get into staff discord , look at private staff material. Look at private staff rule book

Wait a minute.... why is a staff rule book private.
Is this a dictatorship ? Why aren’t  the rules that staff follow and how they apply rules PUBLIC ?

Are they saying they the rules for users in TOS are for show and the real rules are private ?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #54697 on: November 14, 2019, 09:41:29 PM »
I think it's just an internal document that the admins put together to make the moderation more consistent, based on their experiences over time. I don't see why they'd need to really publicize that.
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #54698 on: November 14, 2019, 09:42:19 PM »
Quote from: Kitsunenuts
Okay so here's the thing that staff do not understand.

Having these conversations amongst yourself and amongst the LGBTQ members of your staff privately is all well and good. But here's the thing. If we are unable to see discussion happening, and discussion between members and the staff is silenced-- as it routinely is-- those discussions may as well not exist. (To steal another member's posting quirk. Sorry, Kyuuji ). The internet, by and large, lacks object permanency. This is what I mean when I say the Era staff lacks an understanding of optics. We are unable to percieve these discussions by nature, and you can insist that you are talking to people all you want, but closed door discussions by nature lock out public perception of a wilingness to actually improve or hear our concerns.

It only looks worse with the bans and the strongarm attitude towards criticism towards the mods. The good faith garnered by intention is being bled out behind closed doors, and the minority members of your community are the ones taking the hit. You have been trying to provide context, and this forum is leagues above others, but your method of taking these things and working on them is, by it's own very nature, not perceptible to even the keenest of eyes-- and the only thing we see are the bans.

You know this private discords are probably the only reason why you got you ban reversed?

shosta

« Reply #54699 on: November 14, 2019, 09:44:29 PM »
This is a good litmus year for cerium. Will he unban ketkat and succumb to pressure as if ketkat is a celebrity who needs to be protected or will he let ketkat be banned like every non celebrity poster on era . Let’s see if they are all about power or actual justice . If ketkat only gets a week or less ban or even unbanned unlike other posters who would get a month for this, this would prove Era is a hive mind
caring so much about this drama :snore
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #54700 on: November 14, 2019, 09:46:08 PM »
Coming in here to say that trans members of Discords I go to have decided to no longer post on ResetEra due to the bans in this thread.

:success

shosta

« Reply #54701 on: November 14, 2019, 09:46:23 PM »
Quote from: Kitsunenuts
It only looks worse with the bans and the strongarm attitude towards criticism towards the mods.
sucks when you're on the receiving end, doesn't it? :neogaf
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #54702 on: November 14, 2019, 09:49:00 PM »
Maybe it's better to work immediately to restrict her access, however that needs to happen, and bring it up with her in some other time/place, not ban her in a thread specifically dedicated to calling out mistreatment of trans people and y'alls deaf ears to their issues.

If y'all do not understand the problem of perception you just created/hugely exacerbated, you have an even bigger problem on top of it.

:kermit

If feel that what she did is already bad enough to do a instant permaban and the community should be aware of whatever her actions went beyond digging on mod discords.

TVC15

« Reply #54703 on: November 14, 2019, 09:50:18 PM »
So ketkat was fucking a mod and using the mods
Username and password to access staff information and maybe even ban a few folks.
Get into staff discord , look at private staff material. Look at private staff rule book

Wait a minute.... why is a staff rule book private.
Is this a dictatorship ? Why aren’t  the rules that staff follow and how they apply rules PUBLIC ?

Are they saying they the rules for users in TOS are for show and the real rules are private ?

The mods Trotskied Ket when they sensed a threat!
serge

Boredfrom

« Reply #54704 on: November 14, 2019, 09:50:32 PM »
Quote from: OniLinkPlus
Nice to know ResetEra staff have a policy of banning whistleblowers. Still waiting on my ban that I requested.

:ego

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #54705 on: November 14, 2019, 09:50:59 PM »
Yep, from the big conservative-money fuhrer themselfx:

The ban in question involves the abuse of a personal relationship between the poster in question and a former moderator. This is now a private matter and not for public discussion. It has nothing to do with the valid feedback in the rest of the post.

:juche

This very much reads to me like a, "fuck the trans community, those cunts are way too much work".
Spud

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54706 on: November 14, 2019, 09:52:31 PM »
TrannyGate

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54707 on: November 14, 2019, 09:53:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-responding-to-trans-related-issues.151194/page-4#post-26469491
Quote from: Morrigan, post: 26469491, member: 27
Many of our mods, including trans ones, have been stressing out over the past few days. Mods are all volunteers, they're all human beings who deserve respect.  Please try to understand that.

So do all the people you ban for no good reason.   :doge

Quote from: SweetNicole, post: 26470083, member: 15
Being an admin or a moderator for this site can be a thankless, time consuming volunteering effort. It wears you down over time. I'd always encourage people to remember that. At the end of the day, the staff is on your side, they're just volunteers constrained by time and energy.

:crowdlaff
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #54708 on: November 14, 2019, 09:55:23 PM »
Please (try to) understand.
©@©™

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54709 on: November 14, 2019, 09:57:23 PM »
Where's Cream's spin-off forum when you need it?

Boredfrom

« Reply #54710 on: November 14, 2019, 09:57:43 PM »
Ketkat has been nothing less than a pillar of the community. Banning her would be a mistake.

:lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54711 on: November 14, 2019, 09:58:01 PM »
Quote from: OniLinkPlus
ScribbleD and ketkat got banned and that thread got locked and all staff has to say is "don't criticize us in public, we have trans staff therefore our decisions are fine, it hurts our feelings to be held accountable". Literally using trans coworkers an excuse for failure to protect the trans community in a reasonable amount of time. Given how things have been going, I suspect those trans staff members are not being listened to. ResetEra staff is giving me massive transphobic vibes and I'm done with it. Ban me.

Oh, thank god you are getting banned.

"I'm done with it...?"  What about the headmates? :thinking
ど助平

shosta

« Reply #54712 on: November 14, 2019, 10:00:53 PM »
You'd think a community that started the way this one did would maybe be a bit more... cognizant of the important role that banning people who specifically pinpoint problems in the administration/moderation plays on the optics of a response. Sorry, but paragraph four of Ket's response isn't abuse-- it's someone blowing the whistle on papering over abuse. Guess what? RESETERA WOULDN'T EXIST IF PEOPLE DIDN'T DO SHIT LIKE THAT.
calling KetKat a "whistleblower" :dead
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #54713 on: November 14, 2019, 10:02:28 PM »
You'd think a community that started the way this one did would maybe be a bit more... cognizant of the important role that banning people who specifically pinpoint problems in the administration/moderation plays on the optics of a response. Sorry, but paragraph four of Ket's response isn't abuse-- it's someone blowing the whistle on papering over abuse. Guess what? RESETERA WOULDN'T EXIST IF PEOPLE DIDN'T DO SHIT LIKE THAT.

She acts more like Rudy Giuliani.

TVC15

« Reply #54714 on: November 14, 2019, 10:03:31 PM »

:ohhh Ket's not Trotsky, they're Snowden! Maybe we're Russia!
serge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54715 on: November 14, 2019, 10:04:02 PM »
Quote from: B-Dubs, post: 26476178, member: 143
Our last word on Ketkat:

Her post mentions "the staff talking in the discord" with a very specific reference to a conversation that happened in a private channel in the staff server. This was a channel that had been created as a safe space for minority members of the staff. Only a very limited number of individuals had access to the channel in question.

This compounds previous suspicions that Ketkat had inappropriate access to the staff server -- she has previously (and has continued in emails) to reference policies using wording found only in staff literature. She has also contacted individual staff members with apparent knowledge of things they mentioned in private.

Ketkat has been unable to explain her access to these conversations, but by process of elimination we are confident that we know how it was done, and that it was highly inappropriate. This is extremely serious and not a situation where inaction was possible.

A safe space to go to from the supposed-"safe space" forum they're running?  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54716 on: November 14, 2019, 10:05:57 PM »
Quote from: OniLinkPlus, post: 26476674, member: 7254
Nice to know ResetEra staff have a policy of banning whistleblowers. Still waiting on my ban that I requested.

The headmates are going to wake up tomorrow and wonder why their account was deleted!
 :existential
ど助平

TVC15

« Reply #54717 on: November 14, 2019, 10:06:13 PM »
I wish we had an inside source in their mod chat right now. Too bad stosta blew that opportunity with his sleazy workplace sexual ethics.
serge

Tuckers Law

« Reply #54718 on: November 14, 2019, 10:07:53 PM »
So with Resetera currently doing their cover version of the Dragona saga, how long we think they have until they move onto their take of the Amirox storyline?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54719 on: November 14, 2019, 10:07:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-responding-to-trans-related-issues.151194/page-5#post-26472558
Quote from: EvilChameleon, post: 26477078, member: 1145
We got members engaging in espionage?

ど助平