Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3882533 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #54600 on: November 14, 2019, 05:39:21 PM »
Also did some budgeting to see where I was going to fit in a new car and my own insurance policy (Xbox Game Pass and my constant eating out have to go. -.-)
Narrator: Xbox Game Pass is $10 a month
🤴

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #54601 on: November 14, 2019, 05:42:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-bought-my-first-car-today.153138/

edgy white baby killa buys a brand new nissan versa on finance, has first experience of using email and telephone

Who the fuck buys a new car.

Always buy used
:O

« Reply #54602 on: November 14, 2019, 05:42:26 PM »
Imagine not being able to afford 10 a month for gaming and not being Blue Manifest. :(

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54603 on: November 14, 2019, 05:42:32 PM »
There's a mod post in the communication thread now that mentions guidelines they've come up with so hopefully they'll make an announcement thread for those.

I think the accidentally leaked preview mod response is not going to be to that threads satisfaction if it amounts to "could you fucking miserable pieces of shit stop acting like the fucking transmafia"

Boredfrom

« Reply #54604 on: November 14, 2019, 05:43:08 PM »
Dontnod (life is strange) is making a game with a trans protagonist and instead of happy people seem more worried.

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1195079750479417344

I can see why many Devs would not want to jump into that pool

he's probably reaching out to see if any trans devs are involved so they don't write a pissy editorial about how shitty the game handles things and how it would be all different if a trans dev was working on it.
Even if one was and it was their lived experience described, and it was a cishet making all the complaints.

Again.

I dunno, people seem to really like that Sweery game and it hide the trans twist until the very end.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #54605 on: November 14, 2019, 05:48:15 PM »
Sadly this is how debate ends so often in here. Why would anyone bother further stating their opinions when this is what they'll get? I love Era, and (luckily) my politics align with the majority, but wow is this place an echo chamber at times. Nothing the poster said merited such an aggressive response, and no, disagreeing with them is not a valid reason. The potential for discussion on differing viewpoints (not necessarily on trans issues, but on the episode) was brought right down with this post.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/south-park-mocks-trans-athlete-with-a-transphobic-episode.153068/page-3#post-26469277

This dude doesn’t even know he’s dead yet does he?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54606 on: November 14, 2019, 05:50:30 PM »

I dunno, people seem to really like that Sweery game and it hide the trans twist until the very end.

Nobody had a problem with Red Strings Club - it was actually pretty well received - until Waypoint decided to cisplain it for wokepoints :idont

ShutUp

« Reply #54607 on: November 14, 2019, 05:50:32 PM »
Sadly this is how debate ends so often in here. Why would anyone bother further stating their opinions when this is what they'll get? I love Era, and (luckily) my politics align with the majority, but wow is this place an echo chamber at times. Nothing the poster said merited such an aggressive response, and no, disagreeing with them is not a valid reason. The potential for discussion on differing viewpoints (not necessarily on trans issues, but on the episode) was brought right down with this post.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/south-park-mocks-trans-athlete-with-a-transphobic-episode.153068/page-3#post-26469277

This dude doesn’t even know he’s dead yet does he?
Oh yeah they’re toast. Godspeed

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #54608 on: November 14, 2019, 05:51:39 PM »
I'm all for trans rights by the way.
No you're not. Fuck off
https://www.resetera.com/threads/south-park-mocks-trans-athlete-with-a-transphobic-episode.153068/post-26460223

Fuuuuuuuck ooooooooff

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54609 on: November 14, 2019, 05:51:59 PM »
chapelle was right about the Ts :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54610 on: November 14, 2019, 05:52:24 PM »
Tx :wag

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #54611 on: November 14, 2019, 05:52:39 PM »
Red Strings Club did fine too as far as I remember. There's been other games that didn't have a massive budget that have included LGBTQ key characters. Don't think the game will live or die financially because of a trans character being a main protagonist.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #54612 on: November 14, 2019, 05:54:13 PM »
Cyberpunk is a AAA game with BIG trans messages

I mean being used as a punchline in shitty jokes for so long can definitely take it's toll on someone, I understand that. I also think that we should be able to have a discussion about something with nuance without calling eachother names right away.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54613 on: November 14, 2019, 05:56:06 PM »

Nobody had a problem with Red Strings Club - it was actually pretty well received - until Waypoint decided to cisplain it for wokepoints :idont

I feel that announcing that one of the Protagonist are trans right away will be worse for the long run to Dontnod given their fan base and their haters.

BisMarckie

« Reply #54614 on: November 14, 2019, 06:01:51 PM »
First Life is Strange was a neat little game.

Then they made the exact same game twice and looks like they will be making the same game again. :snore

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #54615 on: November 14, 2019, 06:03:34 PM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
I actually have no real credit. However, I've been such a good customer to my credit union for a few years, and they've been offering me auto loans for awhile, that I finally decided to just take the offer. Initial pre-approval rate was $177.70/mo for 60 mos. However, my loan officer gave me an 84-month deal, so I imagine payments will be a little lower.

84 month loans are a big oof bordering on yikes
you imagine your payments will be lower? You don't know what your payment is?

Not yet because she is gonna redo the deal and give me that first thing in the morning. The interest on that was 7.16% though.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-bought-my-first-car-today.153138/post-26469521

So they signed a bunch of papers and walked out happy with the cheapest nissan on the lot not even knowing the payment.
sigh

BisMarckie

« Reply #54616 on: November 14, 2019, 06:05:24 PM »
7% interest on a car loan? :rofl

The car manufacturers are basically begging you to take a 0-1% interest loan. :lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #54617 on: November 14, 2019, 06:07:35 PM »
Red Strings Club did fine too as far as I remember. There's been other games that didn't have a massive budget that have included LGBTQ key characters. Don't think the game will live or die financially because of a trans character being a main protagonist.

It's on gamepass and apparently Xbox/pc exclusive so even if it doesn't sell it would probably be MS who takes the hit.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #54618 on: November 14, 2019, 06:07:44 PM »
84 month loan?

7 percent?

I just spit my shosta out

And this was at her step dad's dealership?

Fuck my ass
:O

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54619 on: November 14, 2019, 06:08:04 PM »
7% interest on a car loan? :rofl

The car manufacturers are basically begging you to take a 0-1% interest loan. :lol
:gurl

BisMarckie

« Reply #54620 on: November 14, 2019, 06:08:30 PM »
Taking a 7 year loan for a car  :doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54621 on: November 14, 2019, 06:09:46 PM »
approaching 3 years of not making payments on your car :ohyeah

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54622 on: November 14, 2019, 06:10:03 PM »
First Life is Strange was a neat little game.

Then they made the exact same game twice and looks like they will be making the same game again. :snore
Microsoft Studios and friends

🤴

Ghoul

« Reply #54623 on: November 14, 2019, 06:18:06 PM »
84 month loan?

7 percent?

I just spit my shosta out

And this was at her step dad's dealership?

Fuck my ass

Certainly one way to show you hate your kid.

Step father, what do you mean I cannot repay this with respect from a message board?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54624 on: November 14, 2019, 06:25:03 PM »
I actually have no real credit. However, I've been such a good customer to my credit union for a few years, and they've been offering me auto loans for awhile, that I finally decided to just take the offer. Initial pre-approval rate was $177.70/mo for 60 mos. However, my loan officer gave me an 84-month deal, so I imagine payments will be a little lower.

84 month loans are a big oof bordering on yikes
you imagine your payments will be lower? You don't know what your payment is?

Not yet because she is gonna redo the deal and give me that first thing in the morning. The interest on that was 7.16% though.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-bought-my-first-car-today.153138/post-26469521

So they signed a bunch of papers and walked out happy with the cheapest nissan on the lot not even knowing the payment.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54625 on: November 14, 2019, 06:27:17 PM »
hah I knew that south park episode was gonna rustle them reeeee jimmies.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #54626 on: November 14, 2019, 06:27:18 PM »
Taking a 7 year loan for a car  :doge

writing checks with your mouth that your ass can't cash :doge
©@©™

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #54627 on: November 14, 2019, 06:34:46 PM »
Oh shit ket kat banned and the ban message is juicy as fuck

User banned (duration pending): Abusing a personal relationship with a moderator to misrepresent private staff discussions.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-responding-to-trans-related-issues.151194/post-26470548

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54628 on: November 14, 2019, 06:35:50 PM »

User banned (duration pending): Abusing a personal relationship with a moderator to misrepresent private staff discussions.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-responding-to-trans-related-issues.151194/post-26470548

it'll be reversed in no time.

Ghoul

« Reply #54629 on: November 14, 2019, 06:35:55 PM »

Never thought I’d see the day, what a bunch of transphobic mods

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #54630 on: November 14, 2019, 06:40:06 PM »
Mod edit: this was posted in error

lol, you fucking coward.

You posted it in the wrong topic is all.
You meant to post it in the Ricky Gervais one.

This is like those accidental text messages you accidentally send to your ex who dumped you about hooking up with a model.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #54631 on: November 14, 2019, 06:51:33 PM »

If there’s one thing the mod team hates more than the gamergate reich, it’s any kind of transparency on their moderation.  No amount of protection that insufferable twat has would be enough for Ceriums little gestapo to not clap back for revealing some inside baseball, especially when it opens up the conversation on all the other times KetKat was protected despite her posting against the TOS.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #54632 on: November 14, 2019, 06:58:38 PM »
Why in the world would any dev make a story driven game with a trans protagonist? There’s no possible way you’ll get it right. And you’re putting yourself in the middle of a minefield to cater to single digit demographics.
que

Tuckers Law

« Reply #54633 on: November 14, 2019, 07:04:18 PM »
Yep, from the big conservative-money fuhrer themselfx:

The ban in question involves the abuse of a personal relationship between the poster in question and a former moderator. This is now a private matter and not for public discussion. It has nothing to do with the valid feedback in the rest of the post.

:juche

Boredfrom

« Reply #54634 on: November 14, 2019, 07:04:26 PM »
Because I'm dating someone who was on the mod team for almost 2 years and had a lot of conversations with you all, I know that it's rare for more than one trans mod to be around and tackling reports.

For fuck sake, Sweet Nicole’s shadow still fucks the mod team.

Edit: KiwiFarms claims it was Robin the mod she was with.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:09:21 PM by Boredfrom »

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54635 on: November 14, 2019, 07:10:10 PM »
RESETERA

DOESN'T

CARE

ABOUT

cheeseburgers

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54636 on: November 14, 2019, 07:12:05 PM »
Isn't KetKat ResetEra's official source of bad mental health advice? What will Mental Health Official General do now?

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54637 on: November 14, 2019, 07:15:18 PM »
imagine the absolute melt down that's happening on cheeseburgerera discord

Boredfrom

« Reply #54638 on: November 14, 2019, 07:20:53 PM »
Quote from: OniLinkPlus
ScribbleD and ketkat got banned and that thread got locked and all staff has to say is "don't criticize us in public, we have trans staff therefore our decisions are fine, it hurts our feelings to be held accountable". Literally using trans coworkers an excuse for failure to protect the trans community in a reasonable amount of time. Given how things have been going, I suspect those trans staff members are not being listened to. ResetEra staff is giving me massive transphobic vibes and I'm done with it. Ban me.

Oh, thank god you are getting banned.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #54639 on: November 14, 2019, 07:22:36 PM »
Why in the world would any dev make a story driven game with a trans protagonist? There’s no possible way you’ll get it right. And you’re putting yourself in the middle of a minefield to cater to single digit demographics.

I guess if a person only plays a game/listens to music/watches a movie where they must relate absolutely to the protagonist.

If everyone used this excuse at various points in time in history you would only have one type of main character in any story ever.

People complaining about Marvel and Disney + cause "god damn greedy corporate cookie cutter..." and people complaining "but how will this make money. It's a small demographic and nobody other than them would ever want to play such a thing".

Make up your minds. Or I suppose we can just shit on everything if the thread wills it.  :idont

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54640 on: November 14, 2019, 07:23:38 PM »
Clearly members of the transgender community have called out ResetEra LLC and Cerium for transphobic bigotry. Using transwomen and non-binary transtrenders as token shields (aka trans-coons). That's a yikes from me.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #54641 on: November 14, 2019, 07:25:08 PM »
 :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #54642 on: November 14, 2019, 07:25:53 PM »
All of this drama is because someone in the mod team is perceived as ”Truscum”?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #54643 on: November 14, 2019, 07:26:14 PM »
#PluralGangs are leaving in droves :juicy
Margs

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #54644 on: November 14, 2019, 07:26:30 PM »
firing squads of the left are a circle or so the line goes

zepblackstar

« Reply #54645 on: November 14, 2019, 07:29:15 PM »

you mean The Alphabet people, use the correct terminology, you CIS NCIS person.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #54646 on: November 14, 2019, 07:29:29 PM »

how many systems per drove? :thinking

« Reply #54647 on: November 14, 2019, 07:30:03 PM »
The year is 2022. Era has 90% transsexual member as they have kicked everyone out who does not line in them to a fault in terms of how everything has to be said, function and work.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #54648 on: November 14, 2019, 07:30:58 PM »
Because I'm dating someone who was on the mod team for almost 2 years and had a lot of conversations with you all, I know that it's rare for more than one trans mod to be around and tackling reports.

For fuck sake, Sweet Nicole’s shadow still fucks the mod team.

Edit: KiwiFarms claims it was Robin the mod she was with.

There's no "doxxing" needed, both of their Twitter's have been open about their relationship.

I still find Nepenthe saying that she thinks a 7 year car loan is a good idea more hilarious though.  Fucking sanctimonious cunt has no idea how anything actually functions.  Maybe  put down the Sonic furry suit and read a book or something not on HuffPo for once.  After all, that's what your parents are paying for you to do in college versus trying to act like the resurrection of Angela Davis on a FUCKING VIDEO GAME FORUM.

skullstorm

« Reply #54649 on: November 14, 2019, 07:39:20 PM »
ScribbleD and ketkat got banned and that thread got locked and all staff has to say is "don't criticize us in public, we have trans staff therefore our decisions are fine, it hurts our feelings to be held accountable". Literally using trans coworkers an excuse for failure to protect the trans community in a reasonable amount of time. Given how things have been going, I suspect those trans staff members are not being listened to. ResetEra staff is giving me massive transphobic vibes and I'm done with it. Ban me.

But what about the rest of the system, maybe the others still want to post?? Can someone check their twitter that everyone consented, we don't want anyone abusing the system  :shaking

Pwnz

« Reply #54650 on: November 14, 2019, 07:39:30 PM »
I just added a dozen people to my era ignore list in that thread. I'm done listening to the frothing, aimless righteous anger from those cunts. 99% of the time they're wrong, like south park being racist? LOL, okay except the show constantly calls out racist behavior. Usually their anger at best is not understanding satire, but more usually is reading a headline of someone that doesn't understand satire or plot and completely misses the point and takes it as fact. It used to be TLDR was bannable but now it is a sport.

Tasty

« Reply #54651 on: November 14, 2019, 07:42:51 PM »

I guess if a person only plays a game/listens to music/watches a movie where they must relate absolutely to the protagonist.

If everyone used this excuse at various points in time in history you would only have one type of main character in any story ever.

People complaining about Marvel and Disney + cause "god damn greedy corporate cookie cutter..." and people complaining "but how will this make money. It's a small demographic and nobody other than them would ever want to play such a thing".

Make up your minds. Or I suppose we can just shit on everything if the thread wills it.  :idont

I agree, let people fill a niche.

(Obligatory Tasty "Let 👏🏻 weird 👏🏻 things 👏🏻 exist 👏🏻" line here.)

The only ones who should care are the ones bankrolling the thing.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54652 on: November 14, 2019, 07:45:11 PM »

WHERE IS THE HAMMER

Mod discord is on fire right now.

« Reply #54653 on: November 14, 2019, 07:54:41 PM »
Are 50% of era mods gender fluid or trans, that explains a lot . No wonder shinobi is slowly weening away from the non gaming part . It’s toxic . The moderators are almost as worse as neogaf and just one being a pedo would make it equally worse

zepblackstar

« Reply #54654 on: November 14, 2019, 07:57:59 PM »
shinobi should get rid of off topic side now and focus just on gaming.

Urinals

« Reply #54655 on: November 14, 2019, 07:59:32 PM »
what do they mean by "the ABUSE of a relationship"? did she type the post with her partner's face or something?

Boredfrom

« Reply #54656 on: November 14, 2019, 08:03:58 PM »
Quote from: Sophia
On the contrary, my opinion has been asked for more than ever when it comes to trans related issues. I frequently get out of class or go on breaks from my schooling only to find notifications from other staff asking for my opinion on a particular report or issue. The same is true of my fellow LGBTQ and trans staff members. We were pretty much all extensively involved with the creation of the new guidelines. Obviously, we're not perfect. We've made mistakes in the past. But we're open to hearing feedback, and we want to know how we can improve going forward. This topic is very personal to me, given my own life experiences as a trans woman, and I want to make sure we get it right.

Maybe the fact that mods need to ask you about what to do in most cases is a bad sign? The fact that one portion of the trans community on RE are insane enough to believe they are never heard from should tell you that nobody is going to be enlightened enough to deal with this unless there is an admission of being impossible to deal with them in “good faith”.

Leadbelly

« Reply #54657 on: November 14, 2019, 08:04:05 PM »

that ricky gervais 'one joke' and the inherent transphobia of making a joke at someone who is trans expense. Not ABOUT their identity. That they are the target of a joke. Period.

Wait until they listen to one of his podcast shows.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #54658 on: November 14, 2019, 08:05:58 PM »
This ones real early in the morning. 9PM Est 6AM Pst. It's almost like they want to make sure the public doesn't view this charade. Anyway, I expect zero evidence and more 2nd hand information. I also expect that we won't really gain any new information regardless and we'll hear the same talking points from the first hearing.

:lol oh GAF

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/live-trump-impeachment-hearings-episode-2-derangement-strikes-back-marie-yovanovitch-testifying.1510975/
Fish<

Averon

« Reply #54659 on: November 14, 2019, 08:06:38 PM »
Have no fear. Reset resident Trans mod is here to dispel any notion of transphobia from the staff

On the contrary, my opinion has been asked for more than ever when it comes to trans related issues. I frequently get out of class or go on breaks from my schooling only to find notifications from other staff asking for my opinion on a particular report or issue. The same is true of my fellow LGBTQ and trans staff members. We were pretty much all extensively involved with the creation of the new guidelines. Obviously, we're not perfect. We've made mistakes in the past. But we're open to hearing feedback, and we want to know how we can improve going forward. This topic is very personal to me, given my own life experiences as a trans woman, and I want to make sure we get it right.

Almost impossible to know if this is a sincere take or if Cerium gave them orders to calm the herd.