Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3781606 times)

ResetBanBot

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #53100 on: November 06, 2019, 11:50:31 AM »
I don't think Stadia is actually "single spec". I don't think Stadia has a real spec. Saying something is X teraflops is super theoretical and probably only being quoted because there is no real spec, it's just a vague benchmark they've set. We're talking about filling racks with video cards, those cards are going to change over time. You can't ultra-optimize for a vague benchmark, so now we're back to exactly the same situation PC gaming is in where we say "it should be around as fast as X video card". Nevermind the black box that is shader compiling across different cards/drivers.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #53101 on: November 06, 2019, 11:59:44 AM »
I don't think Stadia is actually "single spec". I don't think Stadia has a real spec. Saying something is X teraflops is super theoretical and probably only being quoted because there is no real spec, it's just a vague benchmark they've set. We're talking about filling racks with video cards, those cards are going to change over time. You can't ultra-optimize for a vague benchmark, so now we're back to exactly the same situation PC gaming is in where we say "it should be around as fast as X video card". Nevermind the black box that is shader compiling across different cards/drivers.

Eh.. nah... Stadia hardware isn't some vague TF target, they have a specific CPU/GPU they are using for each "instance" on their blades.  They aren't using hardware virtualization or anything like that either, so it's a dedicated CPU/GPU for each running instance.

They also are letting devs do whatever they want with shared cloud compute, but nothing near launch is going to touch that.
I'm unaware of a method to split a video card across multiple games, it was probably always going to be a pass-through. The "custom CPU" seems to lack a core count, I bet they do allocate cores to multiple users from the same physical CPU, same with RAM.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #53102 on: November 06, 2019, 12:21:31 PM »
If Google does not actually optimize for hardware density this thing is just destined for the Google Graveyard.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #53103 on: November 06, 2019, 12:30:28 PM »
Oh god bring back Rahx's hog

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #53104 on: November 06, 2019, 12:39:33 PM »
Did Homestuck ever actually finish?
每天生气

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #53105 on: November 06, 2019, 12:42:31 PM »
The real treasure was the friends we made along the way
The "real" Treasure made Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy and Guardian Heroes then never made another game after 2003. :ufup

How dare you cancel the almighty Sin and Punishment: Star Successor  ???
^_^

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #53109 on: November 06, 2019, 01:08:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/t-i-reveals-he-goes-to-the-gynecologist-every-year-with-daughter-to-ensure-her-hymen-is-still-intact.151533/

This is weird but anyone find the pedophile accusation weird?

Jesus fuck.

Can we cancel men yet? Because as a man I'm ready for it.

:social2

Edit: top of the page shibuya

« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:19:00 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #53110 on: November 06, 2019, 01:30:51 PM »
More like Gaydia, imho
©@©™

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #53111 on: November 06, 2019, 01:32:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/t-i-reveals-he-goes-to-the-gynecologist-every-year-with-daughter-to-ensure-her-hymen-is-still-intact.151533/

TI is going to find out what strict Catholic parents learned decades ago. When you make something forbidden to your children, once they finally do it, it then becomes 10x more pleasurable than it normally would've been.

I think instead of encouraging fathers to go to the worthless lamaze classes they should instead go to a basic human psychology class.

Tasty

« Reply #53112 on: November 06, 2019, 01:35:02 PM »
More like Gaydia, imho

Stadia/accomplished gays to littler gays: It just keeps getting better :lawd

« Reply #53113 on: November 06, 2019, 01:35:23 PM »
I’d like to see a google stadia let me run my mount and blade warband with game of thrones mod where Jon snow is the winner, and Then Its totally like I didn’t waste my time watching 80 episodes of what amounted to poop at the bottom of my bowl of ice cream!

But they won’t, will they alucard  :maf

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #53114 on: November 06, 2019, 01:37:19 PM »

TI is going to find out what strict Catholic parents learned decades ago. When you make something forbidden to your children, once they finally do it, it then becomes 10x more pleasurable than it normally would've been.

I think instead of encouraging fathers to go to the worthless lamaze classes they should instead go to a basic human psychology class.

Bless up. I give this post a gold star. 🎖️

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #53115 on: November 06, 2019, 01:41:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-jr-just-tweeted-the-name-of-the-whistleblower.151529/
Just arrest the whole fucking lot of them, god.
WHAT A GRADE A FUCK UP! the the fucker in jail!
Of all the reckless bullshit this idiot has done, this is probably the worst. The whistleblower's life may now be in serious danger.
Cuff this motherfucker. And Rand Paul too.
Junior needs to be in prison.
Fucking traitors
This was on purpose. Throw this fucker in jail.
Arrest him immediately and charge him.
Trump currently has 66.6 million followers. How apt.
The only way they could know the whistleblower’s name is by...colluding to break the law.
Hopefully this is enough for death penalty
witness tampering?
America has basically just reach full corruption levels.
it's genuinely upsetting that this man's ass cannot be kicked.
I'd imagine it leaked from Rand Paul's office to his Russian-backed media cohorts, to Brietbart, to Don Jr who is happy to tweet it.
They are all criminals. And anyone who defends their criminality or protects them should be locked up too.
Unfortunately we're not past the point of crazy, gun-toting Trump supporters possibly harming them
How did Breitbart get the name (if it's correct)? And who confirmed it to Trump Jr., again if it's the correct name? Couldn't have anything to do with the Russian stooge named Rand Paul
Someone please tell me it's a violation of federal law to expose the identity of a whistleblower without their permission. If the name is true then Jr. just put a crosshair on that person's head, ruined their career and that person (and their family) are going to have to go into witness protection.
:rofl

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #53116 on: November 06, 2019, 01:47:36 PM »
old news, this guy's name has been floating around for weeks :zzz
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #53117 on: November 06, 2019, 01:47:58 PM »
 :doge Chris Jericho had a literal murderer on his podcast. Everyone boycott aew post haste.
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #53118 on: November 06, 2019, 01:52:16 PM »

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53120 on: November 06, 2019, 01:53:27 PM »
There's only 3 companies with the infrastructure setups to make cloud gaming a 'thing' right now
 - MS; who fucked it up by choosing to use xbox hardware which isn't scalable at all, so they can't repurpose hardware for other uses or justify buying enough hardware to avoid queues in peak times, and can't reduce costs over time

- Amazon; who spent all their gaming budget buying studios to make F2P games from the ground up which will integrate directly into Twitch, which is a real hail mary lightning in a bottle type move that one of those studios makes a hearthstone, fortnite or league of legends, instead of just having a bunch of war thunder / paragon / lawbreakers no1currs

- Google; who apart from people wanting a netflix of games a la gamepass they're not going to get haven't done much on paper to fuck up yet, once you're over the whole 'do I own it if I only own a licence to use it' conceptual hurdle, which most Pc gamers are long past already.

« Reply #53121 on: November 06, 2019, 01:54:20 PM »
Riotous: thinking on it though, how is a google/valve partnership beneficial for google at all? Like google would be saying “Hey here’s our new service where you can stream games for 60 each, or just use your steam account of hundreds of backlog games you already own, and get a physical option with them and give us nothing!” Unless buying through stadia gives you a steam copy, and playing through steam cloud gives google a cut of the monthly sub cost?

Or the apocalyptic take: google is buying valve?

benjipwns

« Reply #53122 on: November 06, 2019, 01:55:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-responding-to-trans-related-issues.151194/post-26192028
Quote from: Kyuuji
Guess we'll take that as a no since it's well past 24hrs since lol.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53123 on: November 06, 2019, 01:57:17 PM »
Riotous: thinking on it though, how is a google/valve partnership beneficial for google at all? Like google would be saying “Hey here’s our new service where you can stream games for 60 each, or just use your steam account of hundreds of backlog games you already own, and get a physical option with them and give us nothing!” Unless buying through stadia gives you a steam copy, and playing through steam cloud gives google a cut of the monthly sub cost?

Or the apocalyptic take: google is buying valve?

Valve putting in the work for publishers to dump linux versions of their back catalogues benefits google from being able to resell those back catalogue titles on their marketplace.
More publishers getting their back catalogues working on Not-Windows and all future releases Not-Windows ready pretty much benefits everyone except MS.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #53125 on: November 06, 2019, 02:12:28 PM »
Well i go to the NETA weed dispensary in North Hampton, Massachusetts. I wend to buy a weed chocolate bar for $30 ($36 after weed taxes). Well since i use a debit card they had charge me $40 and gave me $4 in cash back. The employee said that giving money back to me was like an ATM for some reason.I've been doing this for like a few times. I have Ally Bank and Ally gives you up to $10 atm fees refunded  per month. So i am tricking ally bank through a legal loophole. I just checked my bank statements from all the past months and a alway got that $4 fee back even though NETA gave me my $4 back  every time.

:science

skullstorm

« Reply #53126 on: November 06, 2019, 02:13:12 PM »
I missed the hog  :fbm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
At least I saw it the last time that happened  :larry
[close]

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53127 on: November 06, 2019, 02:18:52 PM »
Well i go to the NETA weed dispensary in North Hampton, Massachusetts. I wend to buy a weed chocolate bar for $30 ($36 after weed taxes). Well since i use a debit card they had charge me $40 and gave me $4 in cash back. The employee said that giving money back to me was like an ATM for some reason.I've been doing this for like a few times. I have Ally Bank and Ally gives you up to $10 atm fees refunded  per month. So i am tricking ally bank through a legal loophole. I just checked my bank statements from all the past months and a alway got that $4 fee back even though NETA gave me my $4 back  every time.

:science

I too openly discuss fraud on a forum with strict sign up details that can link me to my real name

« Reply #53128 on: November 06, 2019, 02:20:23 PM »
Valve putting in the work for publishers to dump linux versions of their back catalogues benefits google from being able to resell those back catalogue titles on their marketplace.
More publishers getting their back catalogues working on Not-Windows and all future releases Not-Windows ready pretty much benefits everyone except MS.

Never toyed around with Linux wonder how much of my library would run? Almost came close when it looked like MS was gonna shove everyone into the windows store using only UWPs.

agrajag

« Reply #53129 on: November 06, 2019, 02:20:41 PM »
how large was the hog, starting from a cocktail wiener to bratwurst?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53130 on: November 06, 2019, 02:24:10 PM »
This isn’t a movie with mass market appeal. There was a trailer at Joker tho.

I'M NOT SURPRISED ALT-RIGHT INCEL BAIT ALSO ADVERTISES HOLOCAUST DENIAL 'COMEDY', FILM-SNOB ERA, PLEASE STICK TO THE ONLY APPROVED FILM COVERING THE HOLOCAUST, DISNEYS© MARVELS® CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53131 on: November 06, 2019, 02:27:08 PM »
Never toyed around with Linux wonder how much of my library would run? Almost came close when it looked like MS was gonna shove everyone into the windows store using only UWPs.

depends on your library, but chances are it'd be less than half, which is where valve also benefit from google selling *nix based stadia versions of games day one, because the marginal cost of a stadia to Pc linux port is gonna be peanuts

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
:O

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53133 on: November 06, 2019, 02:35:06 PM »
I legitimately don't understand what compels people that KNOW they don't know shit about trans issues to comment on them here as if their opinion means a damn.

what, as oposed to all the other topics the era brain trust discuss daily?

paprikastaude

« Reply #53134 on: November 06, 2019, 03:12:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-have-just-one-complaint-about-luigi´s-mansion-3-this-is-not-a-spooky-game-anymore.151548/
This "lol Luigi's Mansion was never spooky you were just a kid" sentiment that I've frequently seen pop up is completely false. Watch a few minutes of the first game's intro.

This is spooky. The mansion is fairly realistic in design and looks like a real place that you could actually find yourself exploring in real life. It's very dingy and dark, and what little music there is sounds foreboding and creepy. Resident Evil-esque door opening cutscenes further promote a sense of dread. If not for the fact that you're controlling a green plumber it would feel like this shit could turn into P.T. at any second before the goofy ghosts show up.

:neogaf nintenyearolds :neogaf

shosta

« Reply #53135 on: November 06, 2019, 03:21:01 PM »
I read that as "Peepass" and almost signed up.
每天生气

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #53136 on: November 06, 2019, 03:30:33 PM »
User banned (permanent): racism, trolling

Much of modern scienceand mathematics developed exclusively in Europe this is just the reality of the situation. Yes non white cultures contributed, but when scientists are talking about modern theories it’s inevitbaly most likely going to be a European

Found JordanN’s resetera account

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #53137 on: November 06, 2019, 03:37:05 PM »
And all of that would be possible if Stadia ran PCs.

Stadia not being PCs
What are you trying to say? I was talking about an out-the-ass given scenario. I don't care too dive too deeply into your conversation because I'm hopping between classes and housing while responding  :doge

You're vague in your posts, especially the comments here that are bolded. When you say do you mean personal computer devices that Google can use to be streamed off of? That any dev could obviously optimize for Stadia as they do PC? Windows instead of a different OS? The idea that certain games can't just be run on a local PC and utilize Stadia's streamed servers for Cloud PowerTM?

It's probably not worth going over again dude lol

You seem to understand everything related, I'm telling you the guy on Resetera doesn't.   That's it.  Me trying to explain how he doesn't get it seems to have caused a major derail.

213372bu is trying to say that the guy on era is saying that they say you dont understand what they are saying.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #53138 on: November 06, 2019, 03:50:57 PM »
teraflop on deez nuts

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #53139 on: November 06, 2019, 04:27:11 PM »
redmerc has entered the fray so these roaches better scatter

a company can be inclusive even if some employees are not, it’s not really hard to comprehend or it shouldn’t be
Why are you are hell bent on defending this haha
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-jericho-buddies-up-with-trump-jr-on-his-podcast.151403/post-26195038

Jesus christ. I couldn't imagine being this consumed by politics to let a fucking podcast cause me to boycott something
You realize these people want LGBTQ+ people and minorities dead or back in the stone ages, right? They put children in concentration camps, they want to outlaw abortion, this isn't just "politics", people's lives are on the line.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-jericho-buddies-up-with-trump-jr-on-his-podcast.151403/post-26195087

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #53140 on: November 06, 2019, 04:27:18 PM »
:doge Chris Jericho had a literal murderer on his podcast. Everyone boycott aew post haste.

I liked how the longer you went in the Jericho/Trump thread, it went from rage at Jericho/Trump to complaining about AEW haters and defending the Khans for doing business in Saudi Arabia and donating to Trump's inauguration and making supportive statements about him in public.  :lol

must defend mah favorite children's entertainment products at all costs
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53141 on: November 06, 2019, 04:43:17 PM »
redmerc has entered the fray so these roaches better scatter

a company can be inclusive even if some employees are not, it’s not really hard to comprehend or it shouldn’t be
Why are you are hell bent on defending this haha
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-jericho-buddies-up-with-trump-jr-on-his-podcast.151403/post-26195038

Jesus christ. I couldn't imagine being this consumed by politics to let a fucking podcast cause me to boycott something
You realize these people want LGBTQ+ people and minorities dead or back in the stone ages, right? They put children in concentration camps, they want to outlaw abortion, this isn't just "politics", people's lives are on the line.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-jericho-buddies-up-with-trump-jr-on-his-podcast.151403/post-26195087

I'm not sure I've seen anything as obnoxiously passive aggressive as his newly acquired written tic to make obviously cunty statements somehow pretend to be less cunty haha

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #53142 on: November 06, 2019, 04:59:11 PM »
This thing modern fans have about treating wrestlers like they are their friends instead of treating them as subhuman scum who ruin their bodies for our amusement is weird.

Imagine if Jericho did something truly heinous like going on Joe rogan though  :rash
(ice)

ResetBanBot

« Reply #53143 on: November 06, 2019, 05:05:42 PM »
We need to compile a list of Stadia stans for active monitoring.

zepblackstar

« Reply #53144 on: November 06, 2019, 06:31:28 PM »
This thing modern fans have about treating wrestlers like they are their friends instead of treating them as subhuman scum who ruin their bodies for our amusement is weird.

Imagine if Jericho did something truly heinous like going on Joe rogan though  :rash

these modern fans are 5XL shut-ins. :yuck

shosta

« Reply #53145 on: November 06, 2019, 06:43:23 PM »
每天生气

Superstar

« Reply #53146 on: November 06, 2019, 06:46:33 PM »
But also wtf to the above

shosta

« Reply #53147 on: November 06, 2019, 06:49:29 PM »

out with the family
每天生气

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #53148 on: November 06, 2019, 06:58:02 PM »
Locking this thread for a minute.

The fuck is this, we reetateetah now?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #53149 on: November 06, 2019, 07:00:40 PM »

Hur Hur, you said teet.
Spud

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #53150 on: November 06, 2019, 07:20:57 PM »
* US citizen gets acid thrown in face by another deranged US citizen*

JordanN: Show me a single person Japan has killed from 1945 ~ 2019 in the name of border control?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/hispanic-us-citizen-gets-acid-thrown-in-the-face-by-white-man-for-being-illegal-nsfw.1509493/page-2#post-255860659

:lol
Fish<

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53151 on: November 06, 2019, 08:11:32 PM »
But for real, though, who carries around a cup of acid?
dog

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #53152 on: November 06, 2019, 08:11:52 PM »

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #53153 on: November 06, 2019, 08:18:19 PM »
But for real, though, who carries around a cup of acid?

You never know when you need to regenerate ion exchange resins :wag

zepblackstar

« Reply #53154 on: November 06, 2019, 08:21:26 PM »
Time to boycott Netflix

Disney+ can't come soon enough

Quintessential :reeeee

Disney speaking truth to power.... HA HA HA A HAHA HA HA HA

ShutUp

« Reply #53155 on: November 06, 2019, 08:28:42 PM »
Disney+ can't come soon enough! (Until the first price increase, which with them show budgets may not take too long)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53156 on: November 06, 2019, 08:31:06 PM »

So sorry that this disrupted you, nearly 10 hours later.
 :dayum
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #53157 on: November 06, 2019, 09:23:06 PM »

Rahx could have been furiously posting dick pics during that one minute.
©@©™

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #53158 on: November 06, 2019, 09:26:33 PM »

DID THE MULTITUDE OF REPORTS SHOOK YOU THAT MUCH?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53159 on: November 06, 2019, 09:28:15 PM »
 :kermit
ど助平