Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3793536 times)

BisMarckie

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #53340 on: November 07, 2019, 04:12:49 PM »
Latin had a neuter gender! It's spanish's fault for eradicating the gender neutral ending and conjugations!

I can still produce the declination of tempus if you wake me up in the middle of the night. And I still know that accusative and nominative forms for neuter gender are always identical. Latin has scarred me for life. :stahp

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53341 on: November 07, 2019, 04:13:53 PM »
lifx :wag

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53342 on: November 07, 2019, 04:17:14 PM »
"are we really arguing an unnatural sounding suffix to people that speak that language natively and that has been rejected by 98% of the speakers of that native language, and that only really works when pronounced in english, is somehow cultural imperialism?" - incelchief, an intellectual

:brain

Tuckers Law

« Reply #53343 on: November 07, 2019, 04:17:26 PM »
....are you folks arguing with posters that dont read this thread?

It's folkx you marrec!
:social2

BisMarckie

« Reply #53344 on: November 07, 2019, 04:19:36 PM »

Aerosmith a truly progressive band. :clap

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53345 on: November 07, 2019, 04:20:38 PM »
You guys should check the Death Stranding review threads last couple pages.

im assuming that
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vote-with-your-wallet-tomorrow-and-tell-kojima-that-his-problematic-content-must-stop.151771/
is the tl;dr

spoiler (click to show/hide)
AND WILL TOTALLY GET LOCKED FOR BEING A REACTION THREAD, TOTALLY
[close]

Boredfrom

« Reply #53346 on: November 07, 2019, 04:20:48 PM »
Quote from: Incel
Evolution takes time and again I'm not talking just Spanish here, English, fucking French especially, all ought to evolve towards more gender neutrality

Excelsiorcief, do you understand that you language already doesn’t use that much gendered terms compared with French and Spanish? Do you understand that one of the key problems for people learning those languages is that they need to memorize a lot of this terms and how to use it?

Tuckers Law

« Reply #53347 on: November 07, 2019, 04:21:31 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #53348 on: November 07, 2019, 04:22:28 PM »
You guys should check the Death Stranding review threads last couple pages.

im assuming that
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vote-with-your-wallet-tomorrow-and-tell-kojima-that-his-problematic-content-must-stop.151771/
is the tl;dr

AND WILL TOTALLY GET LOCKED FOR BEING A REACTION THREAD, TOTALLY
[close]

Comparing Kojima to Polanski. :delicious

Nice troll thread, would read again.

BisMarckie

« Reply #53349 on: November 07, 2019, 04:29:27 PM »
Latin had a neuter gender! It's spanish's fault for eradicating the gender neutral ending and conjugations!

Btw. Ze Germans are keeping the neuter gender alive, just like the Roman Empire. :salute

Polish still has it as well, but I wouldn‘t have been able to make this hilarious HRE reference.
[close]

BisMarckie

« Reply #53350 on: November 07, 2019, 04:37:22 PM »
Quote from: incelsiorlef
Like legit a few people speaking about solely about pronunciation aside this thread is indistinguishable from the shitty parts of reddit and /pol

:rejoice

Tuckers Law

« Reply #53351 on: November 07, 2019, 04:37:40 PM »
Even better:

:doge

Edit: beaten like a non-binary latinks stepchild

Nope

You’re right, I went back and read the back and forth between Matt and Tulpa in that review thread.  Such fun folx there.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53352 on: November 07, 2019, 04:41:18 PM »
what? saying are you a woman and that might affect the way you interpret the themes of pregnancy is clearly linking the idea of pregnancy to womanhood. there are many women who can’t get pregnant and many men that can get pregnant

:dunno

paprikastaude

« Reply #53353 on: November 07, 2019, 04:41:41 PM »
as if those intellectually lazy fucks at resetti would ever get real education outside of children's media and learn another language :crowdlaff

agrajag

« Reply #53354 on: November 07, 2019, 04:41:47 PM »
Maybe Mxs is multiple Mx.

creating a divide between singulars and plurals!

:rage

Boredfrom

« Reply #53355 on: November 07, 2019, 04:44:15 PM »
But there are people in this very thread arguing that "Latinos que piensan de Marco Rubio" is exclusionary. That's the discussion.

They are idiots.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #53356 on: November 07, 2019, 04:45:08 PM »

Pretty gross how Latinxes starting inventing all these gendered words to oppress trans folx. Are we sure this is even a society worth saving, maybe it’s time to cancel them?
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #53358 on: November 07, 2019, 04:46:26 PM »

Latine

:crowdlaff

I love that timeline not-so-subtlety spacing out the time between origin of words.

---

Similar gender-neutral forms have also arisen. One such term is Latin@ (pronounced as if spelled ⟨Latinao⟩), which combines the written form of the ⟨-a⟩ and ⟨-o⟩ endings and has been in use since the 1990s.[46] It has received criticism for being unpronounceable[47] and for adhering to a binary view of gender.[28] Another similar word is Chicanx,[48] and the variant spelling Xicanx.[49]

Another alternative is Latine (plural: Latines), which arose out of a recent trend among parts of Spanish speakers to use the ending -e for gender-neutral forms likes amigue ('friend'), todes ('all') and elle (a gender-neutral pronoun comparable to singular they in English).[50][51][52][47][better source needed] Instead of replacing a/o endings with xs (lxs niñxs), a pronounceable alternative is to replace those endings with es (les niñes). While not as popular as Latinx, Latine does address both the concerns of non-binary Latines and their advocates and people trying to preserve Spanish without imposing English standards onto the language.[50]

:brain

agrajag

« Reply #53359 on: November 07, 2019, 04:46:45 PM »
is lasagna noodles

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #53360 on: November 07, 2019, 04:48:43 PM »
is lasagna noodles
I think you were gone when I made this

每天生气

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #53361 on: November 07, 2019, 04:48:48 PM »
This is my Latina ox girlfriend
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #53362 on: November 07, 2019, 04:49:01 PM »
From that article from ThinkNow

Only 3% of 18–34 year-old respondents in our poll selected the term as their preferred ethnic label. This was roughly the same as the 2% of 35–49 year-olds. No respondents over 50 selected the term. In other words, 97% of millennial and Gen-Z Latinos prefer to be called something other than “Latinx.” Meanwhile, only 3% of women and 1% of men selected the term as their preferred ethnic identifier.

:teehee

Given the very small pool of respondents who indicated a preference for the “Latinx” label, it is difficult to develop a statistically reliable demographic profile of its users. Further research is also needed to ascertain how familiar Latinos are with the term, but in our survey its users tended to be English dominant and US-born.

:busta

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #53363 on: November 07, 2019, 04:50:27 PM »
ox boomer

BisMarckie

« Reply #53364 on: November 07, 2019, 04:51:10 PM »
Tfw your language doesn’t have neuter gender and doesn’t treat pasta and noodles as synonyms. :goty2

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #53365 on: November 07, 2019, 04:52:38 PM »
Meanwhile, only 3% of women and 1% of men selected the term as their preferred ethnic identifier.

Aha, now we see the bias inherent in this poll.
©@©™

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #53366 on: November 07, 2019, 04:52:55 PM »
Quote from: Incelsior
I don't think gender neutrality as an idea requires some extreme level of education , I have more faith in people than that.

Obviously not going to evolve over night

Do you have any idea how much Spanish uses gendered words?

Incelsiorleafy complaining about a word while stanning for the WWE is fucking top REEE.

Fucking self-righteous cunt.

:heyman

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #53367 on: November 07, 2019, 04:53:16 PM »
Ah, yes, "Latrines." The immortal race of sentient toilets allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this term for Latino/a's. -Hispanic Council, probably.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #53368 on: November 07, 2019, 04:53:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/progressive-latino-pollster-98-of-latinos-do-not-identify-with-%E2%80%9Clatinx%E2%80%9D-label-thinknow-research.151714/post-26232152

Not all but as a woman don't trust any so male feminist, including the ones in this forum, it's all so...performative

:lucas

BisMarckie

« Reply #53369 on: November 07, 2019, 04:54:15 PM »
Every type of pasta are noodles, but not vice versa. A logical conundrum.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #53370 on: November 07, 2019, 04:58:42 PM »
I havent actually read the thread.

Has anyone posted this article?
Progressives, Hispanics are not 'Latinx.' Stop trying to Anglicize our Spanish language.
Hispanic Americans face plenty of challenges as it is. The last thing we need are English-speaking progressives 'wokesplaining' how to speak Spanish.

When Yale professor Cydney Dupree and her colleague analyzed more than two decades worth of political speeches and conducted experiments searching for bias when communicating with racial minorities, they were surprised by what they discovered. According to their report, published this year in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, conservatives generally addressed whites and minorities similarly, but liberals were likelier to modify their speech and “patronize minorities stereotyped as lower status and less competent.”

Dupree cautioned that although liberals might be “well-intentioned” and “see themselves as allies,” they could be unwittingly contributing to racial division by dumbing down their language. In light of minorities understandably feeling marginalized, journalists, corporations and politicians would be wise to heed the professor’s warning. Instead, they are ignoring it.

One of the most notable examples of corporate America and politicians changing how they speak to ingratiate themselves with minorities is the growing use of “Latinx” as a descriptor for Latinos. What began in the 2000s among activists has now gained currency among marketers, media personalities and progressives. The intentions behind "Latinx" may be benign, but as the son of immigrants who grew up in a community with “English-only” ordinances, I am among the many Americans who consider it an absurd Anglicization of a language that generations struggled to conserve.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/10/25/latinx-race-progressives-hispanic-latinos-column/4082760002/

Its a good read and it absolutely destroys excel sheet
:O

ShutUp

« Reply #53371 on: November 07, 2019, 05:00:20 PM »
Incel the pasty ass whitey really having problems being told to sit down and listen. You truly hate to see it.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 05:04:48 PM by ShutUp »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53372 on: November 07, 2019, 05:00:44 PM »
Oh?

wow, you're full of yourself aren't you.

If you're adressing me keep at least a shred of politeness and a decent tone. Otherwise talk to your pals or whomever else you desire like that darling. Aight?

And don't @ me again or consider yourself muted. Take care now.
If you want people to address you with politeness and a decent tone, maybe don't make a post dripping in this much condescension.

I don't have the bandwidth or HDD space to download a spiderman.jpeg large enough to appropriately match this post

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #53373 on: November 07, 2019, 05:00:56 PM »
People are actually funding that latinx research

:neogaf
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #53374 on: November 07, 2019, 05:01:53 PM »
Pasta is a subset of noodles, whereas you fuckers treat them as separate entities.

Again, I am only repeating what SmokyDave‘s wife told me after we had SEXUAL RELATIONS.

agrajag

« Reply #53375 on: November 07, 2019, 05:01:56 PM »
did you really make that Shosta?

Boredfrom

« Reply #53376 on: November 07, 2019, 05:02:19 PM »
Since the letter x isn't a vowel in Spanish, is painful to take someone seriously when they write anything with x's to pretend to be progressive.

It's like if someone in America use a cirilic letter to represent your country (Дmericans)... XD

Quote from: Gustaf
why the fuck do you think they are "pretending to be progressive"

what fucking mentality is that?

feminist men are only feminist because they want to get pussy too?

ugh.

:lol

That was oddly specific, Gustaf.  :doge

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 05:07:00 PM by Boredfrom »

shosta

« Reply #53377 on: November 07, 2019, 05:03:58 PM »
did you really make that Shosta?
yeah, why? :lol
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #53378 on: November 07, 2019, 05:06:54 PM »
Russian language has neuter gender, but any given word could have a male, female, or neutral. But people who are put themselves on some esoteric gender/sexuality spectrum would get offended if you referred to them as "it." Quite the conundrum.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #53379 on: November 07, 2019, 05:16:28 PM »
Is there any other reason to be nice to people other than to get between their legs for their genitalia?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #53380 on: November 07, 2019, 05:22:48 PM »
Is there any other reason to be nice to people other than to get between their legs for their genitalia?

There's also butt stuff.
©@©™

shosta

« Reply #53381 on: November 07, 2019, 05:23:12 PM »
gonna celebrate latino culture now with a carnitas torta for almuerzo

:mexicocry
每天生气

Rman

« Reply #53382 on: November 07, 2019, 05:26:43 PM »
Imagine being so dumb to think gendered languages correlate 1:1 to gender as personal identity.

Calling me “la persona” even tho I identify as male is not oppressive.

Thanks, postmoderns.

tuna_love

« Reply #53383 on: November 07, 2019, 05:28:12 PM »
i got a job with cemex during the gfc, ama

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #53384 on: November 07, 2019, 05:34:02 PM »
lasaxne

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #53385 on: November 07, 2019, 05:34:33 PM »
It has come to my attention that guey is inclusive as fuck

No mames guey
:O

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #53386 on: November 07, 2019, 05:38:33 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

This reminds me that Sakurai is problematic because he complained about CERO and said that it's weird that they're stricter on panties than guns

https://twitter.com/JamesPopStar/status/1192262821653778432?s=20
‪I feel like that last Sakurai quote is a bit problematic, as it comes off as a common whataboutism regarding sexualization vs. violence.‬
https://www.resetera.com/threads/masahiro-sakurai-presentation-announced-for-terry-bogard-in-smash-ultimate-11-6-5am-pst-45min-long.151235/post-26206205

I get that Sakurai's original intention was probably to vent his frustrations regarding how strict the CERO can be, but he could have worded it better. Now it comes off as a talking point that originated from.......certain fans, & it kinda concerns me.

Yep. I feel like ZSS shows me that Sakurai as a person probably doesn't shy away from showing off sexuality and his statements echo that sentiment imo, but there's a line here. Sexuality in games can be ok if the women in question have agency over it (and it's not every female character, shouldn't even be 1/4). Palutena showing her panties when knocked in the air is... decidedly not that and should rightfully be removed.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/masahiro-sakurai-presentation-announced-for-terry-bogard-in-smash-ultimate-11-6-5am-pst-45min-long.151235/post-26220247

agrajag

« Reply #53387 on: November 07, 2019, 05:38:53 PM »
Lasagne is a cake,

So FOOK UFFFFFFFFFGF

it's a casserole, you slut

shosta

« Reply #53388 on: November 07, 2019, 05:38:58 PM »
how high is this thread right now
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #53389 on: November 07, 2019, 05:44:27 PM »
Dinosaur Legs moving the goalposts like a champ:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/progressive-latino-pollster-98-of-latinos-do-not-identify-with-“latinx”-label-thinknow-research.151714/page-16#post-26233928

People were asked which they would use to describe their ethnicity. It shouldn’t be surprising that non-binary people chose latinx and that that (non binary people) represents a small segment of the population

agrajag

« Reply #53390 on: November 07, 2019, 05:45:28 PM »
Please refer to us as Borex

Boredfrom

« Reply #53391 on: November 07, 2019, 05:47:29 PM »
HOLY SHIT GUSTAF IS SUCH A DUMBASS:

honestly the fucking article and the poll seems to be trying to attack warren for her use of the term latinx.

A page ago:

huuuh?
yeah but were does she says "is latinx no latino you silly"

And just above that post:

She uses the world regularly enough. An example from her website:
"Substantially increase wealth for Black and Latinx families and reduce both the Black-White and Latinx-White wealth gaps."

I like Warren well enough as a candidate, but she could just as easily say Latin-American and remain inclusive, but instead she's just refering to all Latin-American people as "Latinx." It's a really bad look.

Once again, I thoroughly support and would literally physically fight to protect an individual's right to identify as Latinx. Fuck anyone who doesn't respect a person's right to identify however the fuck they want. It's a basic human right.

shosta

« Reply #53392 on: November 07, 2019, 05:48:55 PM »
Please refer to us as Borex
Borex trading  :money
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #53393 on: November 07, 2019, 05:50:12 PM »
JESÚS CHRIST  :lol :lol :lol

do you feel excluded when warren uses latinx instead of the term you identify yourself?

or is it simply you dont like a white american using it?

So the reasons for not liking the word Latinx in this thread boil down to:
I'm Straight/Gay and use Latino/Latina
Fuck white people(even though there are non-white people that use this term)
It's hard I don't want to
I've never heard of it, it's not real
I don't know anyone who uses it
Thinly veiled discrimination against non-binary people

Is this white fragility? :isthis

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #53394 on: November 07, 2019, 05:54:25 PM »
Us crackers are the real oppressed folx here on the cold hard streets of the Xnternet
(ice)

Boredfrom

« Reply #53395 on: November 07, 2019, 05:57:30 PM »
MuteKi again talking about his imaginary Mexican wife.  :lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #53396 on: November 07, 2019, 06:35:25 PM »
how high is this thread right now

As high as Mai's tits not getting into Smash.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #53397 on: November 07, 2019, 06:36:19 PM »
Pemex is a gas station?

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #53398 on: November 07, 2019, 06:38:22 PM »
rich white liberals  :donot

Cauliflower Of Love