Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3783288 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #53280 on: November 07, 2019, 01:12:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/glenn-greenwald-punched-by-journalist-bolsonaro-supporter-during-radio-station-program.151719/post-26223642
Quote from: Kirblar
Ah yes, the progressive publication The Intercept where *checks notes* Steve Bannon had sources he could check in on to corroborate information.
Glenn has been nothing but correct on Brazil.
You don't get credit for fighting against fascism when you're actively working to enable it everywhere else but the place you currently live.
Ok boomer
Boomers like to watch Greenwald on Tucker Carlson.
Greenwald has done some dumb shit but he's also done more good on a daily basis than you'll do in your lifetime seeing that you spend hours a day posting different versions of "better things aren't possible" on a video game forum. Go outside or volunteer for some place you believe in like The Center for an Unchanging America or something, dude.
Actively trying to help Trump get elected and re-elected and help him get re-elected from his platform is more bad than I could possibly make up for a in a lifetime.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #53281 on: November 07, 2019, 01:27:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/EricaJoy/status/1192324788657606656

:kermit

That Ugandan lady story at the end is awesome (well sad really). To be sentenced for expressing yourself in a way that isn't even a threat  :dizzy. Utter crap and I'm glad she did what she did.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #53282 on: November 07, 2019, 01:31:28 PM »
Can someone please vote and post the results of how much they earn.

It would be amazing to see the amount of 0-15k replies

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53283 on: November 07, 2019, 01:33:49 PM »
corporations fabricating their names from a Mexico stem isn't really the point I was making that the -x suffix isn't really used in spanish language organically hijx de putx

Coffee Dog

« Reply #53284 on: November 07, 2019, 01:36:33 PM »
Can someone please vote and post the results of how much they earn.

It would be amazing to see the amount of 0-15k replies

0-15k would actually justify a lot of hyperbole and make their logic at least consistent. However, much like how the forum skews far older than their beliefs imply, they are largely middle class and well above the poverty line if I remember the last time the forum was surveyed.

Restera is, mostly, 30+ year old members of the middle class.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #53285 on: November 07, 2019, 01:40:58 PM »
corporations fabricating their names from a Mexico stem isn't really the point I was making that the -x suffix isn't really used in spanish language organically hijx de putx

Keep moving the goal posts boomer
:O

BisMarckie

« Reply #53286 on: November 07, 2019, 01:58:06 PM »
Boo him, you dumb rednecks. Boo him and you will be slightly enlightened rednecks henceforth.

That would have been a perm if SweetNicole was still alive.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #53287 on: November 07, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »
you are not asking the right questions here my dude. Jesus Christ

OP knows his butter comment was weird and is just trolling...

... I still don't get the American Cheese on a burger thing.   Like it's just milk and some protein solids so I'm not horrified at the ingredients.. but the texture is so gross before melting, and within a minute or 2 of melting that it's just... nah.   Melt some provolone if you want a mild cheese on a burger.

Try a Juicy Lucy, which is two patties with the cheese in between, so the middle is a molten river of goodness. 

Dipping fries in the cheese sauce from your burger

:noah

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #53288 on: November 07, 2019, 02:09:38 PM »
It's insane. The repeated insistence that this is a "white issue" is insane and just serves to silence non-binary voices.

Gah! I just made a thread about this!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/progressive-latino-pollster-98-of-latinos-do-not-identify-with-%E2%80%9Clatinx%E2%80%9D-label-thinknow-research.151714/post-26225356

Step the fuck back Hispanics!

ShutUp

« Reply #53289 on: November 07, 2019, 02:09:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/progressive-latino-pollster-98-of-latinos-do-not-identify-with-“latinx”-label-thinknow-research.151714/

Im offended by the Beckys trying to push it here on Era

Ill let my culture determine how we identify ourselves

Possible mutiny?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/progressive-latino-pollster-98-of-latinos-do-not-identify-with-%E2%80%9Clatinx%E2%80%9D-label-thinknow-research.151714/#post-26221480

wow, yeah it's so corny trying to be gender neutral huh

black trans folks ofen don't live past their mid 30s these days but lol pronouns am i right

:brain :doge

What do black trans FOLX have to do with Latino people not liking the Latinx label?   :lol

ResetBanBot

« Reply #53290 on: November 07, 2019, 02:15:17 PM »
Incel Spreadsheet sure seems to think she is allowed an opinion despite living as an upper-middle class woman in a geographic region where Spanish and Mexicans are a rarity.

Let me know next time spreadsheets has an opinion on Chinese immigration, then I'll listen  ::)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #53291 on: November 07, 2019, 02:31:51 PM »
ok boomer
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53292 on: November 07, 2019, 02:35:54 PM »
It's insane. The repeated insistence that this is a "white issue" is insane and just serves to silence non-binary voices.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/progressive-latino-pollster-98-of-latinos-do-not-identify-with-%E2%80%9Clatinx%E2%80%9D-label-thinknow-research.151714/post-26225356

hispanx :wag

james

« Reply #53293 on: November 07, 2019, 02:36:52 PM »
Kirblar banned again!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/glenn-greenwald-punched-by-journalist-bolsonaro-supporter-during-radio-station-program.151719/#post-26223642

User banned (1 week): Off-topic derailing in a sensitive thread about a victim of violence over multiple posts

Odd, nothing about their extensive history of bans after justifying wars and fascism.

Greenwald has done some dumb shit but he's also done more good on a daily basis than you'll do in your lifetime seeing that you spend hours a day posting different versions of "better things aren't possible" on a video game forum. Go outside or volunteer for some place you believe in like The Center for an Unchanging America or something, dude.

:preach

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #53294 on: November 07, 2019, 02:39:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nearly-choked-to-death-about-an-hour-ago.151392/

Shit was surreal as fuck. I choked on a piece of a potato for what felt like an eternity. I was slowly losing consciousness but was finally able to get it out, thanks to a coworker who attempted a Heimlich. My throat and esophagus are really sore right now.

Anyone else nearly choke to death too? I wouldn't recommend it.

Potato trying to kill era members now huh? Dude chill.

So yesterday and today my throat and esophagus have been pretty damn sore, like it hurts like hell to swallow. I'm guessing this is normal?

these damn straights at it again.

It was just a warning shot across the bow.
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53295 on: November 07, 2019, 02:41:06 PM »
Kirblar banned again!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/glenn-greenwald-punched-by-journalist-bolsonaro-supporter-during-radio-station-program.151719/#post-26223642

User banned (1 week): Off-topic derailing in a sensitive thread about a victim of violence over multiple posts

Odd, nothing about their extensive history of bans after justifying wars and fascism.

:preach

You don't get credit for fighting against fascism when you're actively working to enable it everywhere else but the place you currently live.

:neogaf
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #53296 on: November 07, 2019, 02:43:19 PM »

hispanx :wag

Hispanic Spanx?

Spud

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #53297 on: November 07, 2019, 02:46:43 PM »
fascist nimbyism
©@©™

Tuckers Law

« Reply #53298 on: November 07, 2019, 02:49:01 PM »
Latinas  :lawd

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #53299 on: November 07, 2019, 02:51:34 PM »
Has anyone registered latinxxx.com yet?

:shaqc

Tuckers Law

« Reply #53300 on: November 07, 2019, 02:57:31 PM »

I think I had a subscription there at one time

BisMarckie

« Reply #53301 on: November 07, 2019, 02:59:13 PM »

I‘d register that domain for a service that teaches people basic Latin in 30 days. :expert

marrec

« Reply #53302 on: November 07, 2019, 02:59:35 PM »
Kinda love them showing their true colors by trying to force people to adopt the Latinx moniker against their will lmao

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53303 on: November 07, 2019, 03:00:43 PM »

It deeply offends me that they intentionally made the cisgender flag/emblem look lifeless.

SmokyDave

« Reply #53304 on: November 07, 2019, 03:06:11 PM »
Kinda love them showing their true colours by trying to force people to adopt the Latinx moniker against their will lmao
Goddamn it, stop erasing my identity :(

Tuckers Law

« Reply #53305 on: November 07, 2019, 03:06:31 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

It deeply offends me that they intentionally made the cisgender flag/emblem look lifeless.

marrec

« Reply #53306 on: November 07, 2019, 03:08:22 PM »
Kinda love them showing their true colours by trying to force people to adopt the Latinx moniker against their will lmao
Goddamn it, stop erasing my identity :(

coloxrs pls

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #53307 on: November 07, 2019, 03:09:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/progressive-latino-pollster-98-of-latinos-do-not-identify-with-“latinx”-label-thinknow-research.151714/page-10#post-26227746

Quote from: OrangeNova, post: 26227746, member: 27128
I feel terrible for anyone who might read this thread who identifies as Latinx...

Non-binary words are important to a lot of people and are thankfully.becoming more common in languages where they don't exist, English has Mx/Mxs and Xe/Xr, why can't other languages do the same? Things change, I'm sure everyone here has learned a new word in their life, what makes this any different?

:what
Margs

marrec

« Reply #53308 on: November 07, 2019, 03:10:18 PM »

It's advertisement, they don't WANT people to be cisgendered and do everything they can to make other sexual identities and gender identities seem appealing, unique, and (to appeal to troubled young people) persecuted.

james

« Reply #53309 on: November 07, 2019, 03:10:32 PM »
One day Kirblar will be permed and he'll come post here and act like his whole account was a joke, but Kirblar, we know you're a real fucktard all the way down

BisMarckie

« Reply #53310 on: November 07, 2019, 03:12:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/progressive-latino-pollster-98-of-latinos-do-not-identify-with-“latinx”-label-thinknow-research.151714/page-10#post-26227746

I feel terrible for anyone who might read this thread who identifies as Latinx...

Non-binary words are important to a lot of people and are thankfully.becoming more common in languages where they don't exist, English has Mx/Mxs and Xe/Xr, why can't other languages do the same? Things change, I'm sure everyone here has learned a new word in their life, what makes this any different?

Because pronouns are a closed class of words where adding new words is nearly impossible.
That’s at least what SmokyDave‘s wife told me. :pimp

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #53311 on: November 07, 2019, 03:12:23 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #53312 on: November 07, 2019, 03:13:48 PM »

It's advertisement, they don't WANT people to be cisgendered and do everything they can to make other sexual identities and gender identities seem appealing, unique, and (to appeal to troubled young people) persecuted.

Now you did it, marrec is talking about the trans agenda again. We know it, you want to kill them all and that’s where we disagree.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #53313 on: November 07, 2019, 03:17:33 PM »

Mx/Mxs

first google result:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MX_Aircraft_MXS

I'm not even being cheeky, none of the google results I'm getting have anything to do with gender

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #53314 on: November 07, 2019, 03:22:23 PM »

Mx/Mxs

first google result:

I'm not even being cheeky, none of the google results I'm getting have anything to do with gender

Google clearly knows you're a racist/sexist/transist or whaterver.

©@©™

Risible

« Reply #53315 on: November 07, 2019, 03:22:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nearly-choked-to-death-about-an-hour-ago.151392/

Shit was surreal as fuck. I choked on a piece of a potato for what felt like an eternity. I was slowly losing consciousness but was finally able to get it out, thanks to a coworker who attempted a Heimlich. My throat and esophagus are really sore right now.

Anyone else nearly choke to death too? I wouldn't recommend it.

Potato trying to kill era members now huh? Dude chill.

Let's be honest, potatoes are slowly killing most of the fatties on Ree.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #53316 on: November 07, 2019, 03:29:05 PM »
Processed grain is killing Americans in general :goty2
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53317 on: November 07, 2019, 03:29:42 PM »

No they want you to be cis, they just want you to feel shit for having cisprivilege until you hate yourself enough to let people call you cismale

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #53318 on: November 07, 2019, 03:29:48 PM »

Mx/Mxs

first google result:

Google clearly knows you're a racist/sexist/transist or whaterver.

I see, my mistake was to search 'Mx/Mxs'. I was mostly curious about that because it implies that there'd still be differentiation which would go against the whole idea

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #53319 on: November 07, 2019, 03:33:10 PM »
Maybe Mxs is multiple Mx.
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #53320 on: November 07, 2019, 03:39:13 PM »
People actually do use equisbox and equis-men :P

Replacing the pronouns with an x works with latinx, but the moment you have hermanxs, bomberxs, compañerxs, etc. it becomes hard to pronounce. With latine, that's not a problem.

Quote from: GUSTAF
bomberox, hermanox, compañerox

masticamelox, tomamelox.

:picard

marrec

« Reply #53321 on: November 07, 2019, 03:41:49 PM »

Now you did it, marrec is talking about the trans agenda again. We know it, you want to kill them all and that’s where we disagree.

I don't want ANYONE to die except people who hit their dogs.

Boredfrom

« Reply #53322 on: November 07, 2019, 03:41:50 PM »
I'd stepped out for a bit when it became evident that a lot of you are pretending that it's straw-man white liberal enforcing the usage of the term around the American continent, but the ugly truth finally came out when some of you just flat out spout some hyper-nationalistic resentful gatekeeping shit about how queer US Latin-Americans aren't really Latin American

:cmonson

For a forum so woke, they truly have problems grasping about colonialism and imperialistic influences.

ITT: The requests of Non-Binary people get mocked on with glee.

:itagaki

Boredfrom

« Reply #53323 on: November 07, 2019, 03:47:04 PM »
TIL, the word latinx is a Western imperialist plot

*laughs and then cries*

:dunno

here's a fun task for the class today!
How many spanish words that are not loan words from another language end in the -x suffix.

Answers on a post-it note as you leave!

CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V., known as Cemex, is a Mexican multinational building materials company headquartered in San Pedro, near Monterrey, Mexico. It manufactures and distributes cement, ready-mix concrete and aggregates in more than 50 countries. It is the second largest building materials company worldwide, only after LafargeHolcim.

Checkmate

Mexico=Mex=MX

Is the whole reason is used here by companies.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #53324 on: November 07, 2019, 03:50:21 PM »
are you sure you're a native spanish speaker? it's not the "s" making them masculine haha

Gustaf continuing to get bopped in that thread by native speakers, only to react even more venomously in turn.  Even incelsheets is smartly demurring after being told to sit the fuck down and listen.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #53325 on: November 07, 2019, 03:51:23 PM »
Cemex :nope
Semex :ohyeah

james

« Reply #53326 on: November 07, 2019, 03:53:47 PM »

:lawd

Boredfrom

« Reply #53327 on: November 07, 2019, 03:55:22 PM »
Quote from: MuteKi
For one thing, "correct" language is inherently subjective, and neither is any language structurally fixed. Why does grammar purity come before human respect

Because Language is human culture, and you guys are being disrespectful by whining about others not using a term invented by a minority of Latinos in the US and pushing for people to use it.

Boredfrom

« Reply #53328 on: November 07, 2019, 03:59:51 PM »
are you sure you're a native spanish speaker? it's not the "s" making them masculine haha

Gustaf continuing to get bopped in that thread by native speakers, only to react even more venomously in turn.  Even incelsheets is smartly demurring after being told to sit the fuck down and listen.

Quote from: Gustaf
hey, i was just joking, wanted to do that masticamelox joke.

it was lame

::)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53329 on: November 07, 2019, 03:59:57 PM »
People actually do use equisbox and equis-men :P

Replacing the pronouns with an x works with latinx, but the moment you have hermanxs, bomberxs, compañerxs, etc. it becomes hard to pronounce. With latine, that's not a problem.

Quote from: GUSTAF
bomberox, hermanox, compañerox

masticamelox, tomamelox.

:picard

lox estupidox

shosta

« Reply #53330 on: November 07, 2019, 04:00:18 PM »
Quote from: incelsiorlef
Fundamentally gender non binary Latinix people trying to find their shit aren't your colonizers or your imperalizers.

Like to go from a group of Latinix people coming up with a word to explore gender non binary to you laughed at Andrew Yang for saying the US interfered with elections? Huh?
:whatisthis
每天生气

james

« Reply #53331 on: November 07, 2019, 04:01:28 PM »

shosta

« Reply #53332 on: November 07, 2019, 04:03:23 PM »
Quote from: Gustaf
how the fuck are people pronouncing latinx, to say is DIFFICULT or almost impossible to do?

o.O

seriously?
I don't know. You tell me! How the fuck do I pronounce this in spanish??
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #53333 on: November 07, 2019, 04:05:02 PM »
Quote from: Incelsior
I don't think gender neutrality as an idea requires some extreme level of education , I have more faith in people than that.

Obviously not going to evolve over night

Do you have any idea how much Spanish uses gendered words?

BisMarckie

« Reply #53334 on: November 07, 2019, 04:06:34 PM »
Is grammatical gender as a concept that hard to grasp?  :doge

shosta

« Reply #53335 on: November 07, 2019, 04:08:08 PM »
Latin had a neuter gender! It's spanish's fault for eradicating the gender neutral ending and conjugations!
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #53336 on: November 07, 2019, 04:09:17 PM »
Quote from: Incelsior
I mean I'm really not sure what argument we're having, are we going down a route now where wanting more gender neutrality in all language is classist or something?

:lol

IT IS IN THIS CASE!

The whole point is that you are asking people to accommodate their vocabulary to a societal notion demanded by an imperialistic Anglo country.

shosta

« Reply #53337 on: November 07, 2019, 04:09:20 PM »
I agree, just like white people don't get to dictate what they call me.
1. I'm not white so there goes that excuse

2. No one is saying they will call you Latnix holy shit.
WE HAVE ANOTHER VARIATION :drudge
每天生气

james

« Reply #53338 on: November 07, 2019, 04:10:55 PM »
....are you folks arguing with posters that dont read this thread?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #53339 on: November 07, 2019, 04:12:15 PM »
....are you folks arguing with posters that dont read this thread?

It's folkx you marrec!