Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3923978 times)

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #54720 on: November 14, 2019, 10:09:48 PM »
Just wanted to chime in about how incredible the Trans 9/11 has been this evening. I’m just now diving in and am already rock hard.
hey

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #54721 on: November 14, 2019, 10:13:16 PM »
The KetKat stuff is just lol

She was the one who got me banned, never a warn or prior ban, instant perm. There were all kinds of shenanigans involved, including a mod editing a damning post she made an hour after the ban.

:no1curr I know
hey

Tuckers Law

« Reply #54722 on: November 14, 2019, 10:14:56 PM »

She was the one who got me banned, never a warn or prior ban, instant perm. There were all kinds of shenanigans involved, including a mod editing a damning post she made an hour after the ban.

Don’t you apologize for enjoying a cathartic hate boner!  Not in this thread!
 :wow

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #54723 on: November 14, 2019, 10:15:09 PM »
Ignore this post, just want you all to see my avatar 3 times in a row

Edit, goddammit tucker :fbm
hey

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54724 on: November 14, 2019, 10:15:29 PM »

No, it's just that many of our mods, including trans ones, have been stressing out over the past few days. Mods are all volunteers, they're all human beings who deserve respect.  Please try to understand that.  Being an admin or a moderator for this site can be a thankless, time consuming volunteering effort. It wears you down over time. I'd always encourage people to remember that. At the end of the day, the staff is on your side, they're just volunteers constrained by time and energy.  To be very clear: We're talking about inappropriate access of private conversations between staff members. Saying more than that would involve violating the privacy of the individuals involved, which we will not do. No one has been banned for offering sincere feedback. Again this is a personal matter and it will remain that way.  The ban in question involves the abuse of a personal relationship between the poster in question and a former moderator. This is now a private matter and not for public discussion. It has nothing to do with the valid feedback in the rest of the post.
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #54725 on: November 14, 2019, 10:16:09 PM »
Nice to know ResetEra staff have a policy of banning whistleblowers. Still waiting on my ban that I requested.

:drudge

Boredfrom

« Reply #54726 on: November 14, 2019, 10:19:06 PM »
All she really did was blow the whistle.

:doge

You want to share something, dear.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #54727 on: November 14, 2019, 10:19:43 PM »

No, it's just that many of our mods, including trans ones, have been stressing out over the past few days. Mods are all volunteers, they're all human beings who deserve respect.  Please try to understand that.  Being an admin or a moderator for this site can be a thankless, time consuming volunteering effort. It wears you down over time. I'd always encourage people to remember that. At the end of the day, the staff is on your side, they're just volunteers constrained by time and energy.  To be very clear: We're talking about inappropriate access of private conversations between staff members. Saying more than that would involve violating the privacy of the individuals involved, which we will not do. No one has been banned for offering sincere feedback. Again this is a personal matter and it will remain that way.  The ban in question involves the abuse of a personal relationship between the poster in question and a former moderator. This is now a private matter and not for public discussion. It has nothing to do with the valid feedback in the rest of the post.

Was Dogmod demodded?   :noooo
Joe must feel so betrayed.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54728 on: November 14, 2019, 10:23:00 PM »
ResetERA would not exist if people hadn't stood up to people papering over objectionable behavior. That's incontrovertible fact. Whether that origin means a damn thing to us determines if this community has integrity.

Defend a creepy bitch that uses her fuck buddy account to spy some private discords and post shit online, brahs.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54729 on: November 14, 2019, 10:23:20 PM »

Was Dogmod demodded?   :noooo

Just wanted to pop in and say that I hear you. Do we, as a staff, always "get it right"? Not in the slightest. We discuss every report we receive as a team, and ask for the input of staff who may have further insight and a different perspective.   

His post mentions "the staff talking in the discord" with a very specific reference to a conversation that happened in a private channel in the staff server. This was a channel that had been created as a safe space for minority members of the staff. Only a very limited number of individuals had access to the channel in question.

This compounds previous suspicions that CHOW CHOW had inappropriate access to the staff server -- he has previously (and has continued in emails) to reference policies using wording found only in staff literature. He has also contacted individual staff members with apparent knowledge of things they mentioned in private.

CHOW CHOW has been unable to explain his access to these conversations, but by process of elimination we are confident that we know how it was done, and that it was highly inappropriate. This is extremely serious and not a situation where inaction was possible.

ど助平

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #54730 on: November 14, 2019, 10:25:41 PM »
It’s amazing how many of them are furries too.

Both of these people are MtF furries

hey

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54731 on: November 14, 2019, 10:26:25 PM »
what's reeee been saying about queen hill dawg?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54732 on: November 14, 2019, 10:26:27 PM »
I've created a discord that no one -including myself- has access to.  It's the only way to have a truly safe space.  Please understand.
ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #54733 on: November 14, 2019, 10:26:49 PM »
I can't imagine in what kind of context banning the person who exposes a transphobe instead of the transphobe themselves is acceptable, but okay.

Did you guys took crazy pills? She didn’t even bother to say what is the transphobic mod to begin with. You guys are becoming dumb as trumptards.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54734 on: November 14, 2019, 10:27:06 PM »
can I be mod there?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #54735 on: November 14, 2019, 10:27:52 PM »
It’s amazing how many of them are furries too.

(Image removed from quote.)

Both of these people are MtF furries
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #54736 on: November 14, 2019, 10:29:46 PM »
the title change :lol truly an impossible task
每天生气

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #54737 on: November 14, 2019, 10:30:15 PM »
Unrelated but new avatar GET :noah

Felt it was unfair to our boy Brainchild, who recently committed sudoku at ERA, to continue rocking that av
hey

Averon

« Reply #54738 on: November 14, 2019, 10:30:16 PM »
Why is Morrigan trying so hard to make it seem like being a mod on a forum is some stressful, grueling job that the plebeians can't understand  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54739 on: November 14, 2019, 10:31:43 PM »
can I be mod there?

To be very clear: We're talking about inappropriate access of private conversations between staff members. Saying more than that would involve violating the privacy of the individuals involved, which we will not do. No one has been banned for offering sincere feedback. Again this is a personal matter and it will remain that way.

The Bore would not exist if people hadn't stood up to people papering over objectionable behavior. That's incontrovertible fact. Whether that origin means a damn thing to us determines if this community has integrity.
ど助平

Tuckers Law

« Reply #54740 on: November 14, 2019, 10:32:09 PM »
Why is Morrigan trying so hard to make it seem like being a mod on a forum is some stressful, grueling job that the plebeians can't understand  :lol
I imagine trying to wrangle that mess of spitting cats must feel a lot like full-time work, especially if you’ve never actually had a job.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54741 on: November 14, 2019, 10:32:40 PM »
Quote from: CrazyFeisty
Ok, so now she's being libeled because of the mod response. She didn't post any conversations.

This is what results from protecting a transphobic moderator?

Free KetKat

:curious

Averon

« Reply #54742 on: November 14, 2019, 10:32:45 PM »
Ok, so now she's being libeled because of the mod response. She didn't post any conversations.

This is what results from protecting a transphobic moderator?

Free KetKat

:salute

FREE KETKAT!

Boredfrom

« Reply #54743 on: November 14, 2019, 10:33:32 PM »
Unrelated but new avatar GET :noah

Felt it was unfair to our boy Brainchild, who recently committed sudoku at ERA, to continue rocking that av

From where the fuck is that robot?

shosta

« Reply #54744 on: November 14, 2019, 10:34:24 PM »
I wouldn't have starting transitioning last year without KetKat's amazing resources here. In a very real sense her contributions changed my life.

每天生气

shosta

« Reply #54745 on: November 14, 2019, 10:38:35 PM »
Quote from: ColdSun, Administrator
Alright this is ridiculous.

There was no whistleblowing, there was an invasion of privacy by a member taking advantage of their relationship with a former moderator to access conversations not meant for them.

No dirty secret was uncovered. The issue is that minority members of the staff have now had their privacy violated in a channel where they were supposed to feel safe.

No one would volunteer to work under circumstances where these kinds of intrusions are tolerated. Nor will it be tolerated.
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #54746 on: November 14, 2019, 10:38:55 PM »
Is KetKat actually Chatoyance?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/JenniferDianeReitz

JDR is a trans woman, and early in her transition styled herself as a face of the transgender community. This was... controversial for many reasons that are explicated in better detail elsewhere.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
She made a site designed to help cheat dysphoria diagnostic exams.
[close]

shosta

« Reply #54747 on: November 14, 2019, 10:40:23 PM »
Quote from: sabrina
man it would suck to be someone in charge of operations here, today. I mean, it must suck every day but also today

resetera has literally never been transparent. I've made threads to that extent before. Lots of other people have too

it's always "take it to private messages" which is borderline fascist. why are you booing? I'm right

how in the planet is "we have trans people on staff" an answer when trans people are still complaining about the efficacy of the rules? That's like saying "not only is it not good enough now, but it will never be good enough because we've already done all we can"

if you need more people on staff the hire more volunteers. but really you just need to be a lot harsher to transphobes

♥♥♥

There was no whistleblowing, there was an invasion of privacy by a member taking advantage of their relationship with a former moderator to access conversations not meant for them.

oh yeah and no quid pro quo or collusion either I bet
:lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I miss PMing sabrina :fbm
[close]

每天生气

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54748 on: November 14, 2019, 10:40:51 PM »
Quote from: ColdSun, Administrator
Alright this is ridiculous.

No dirty secret was uncovered. The issue is that minority members of the staff have now had their privacy violated in a channel where they were supposed to feel safe.

No one would volunteer to work under circumstances where these kinds of intrusions are tolerated. Nor will it be tolerated.

:nothing
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:52:59 PM by pork »
ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #54749 on: November 14, 2019, 10:41:02 PM »
SABRINA IS HERE:

man it would suck to be someone in charge of operations here, today. I mean, it must suck every day but also today

resetera has literally never been transparent. I've made threads to that extent before. Lots of other people have too

it's always "take it to private messages" which is borderline fascist. why are you booing? I'm right

how in the planet is "we have trans people on staff" an answer when trans people are still complaining about the efficacy of the rules? That's like saying "not only is it not good enough now, but it will never be good enough because we've already done all we can"

if you need more people on staff the hire more volunteers. but really you just need to be a lot harsher to transphobes

:awesome

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #54750 on: November 14, 2019, 10:44:09 PM »
Someone should get a #boycottResetera hashtag going.

Your all deleted your Blizzard accounts, delete your REEEsetera accounts too FFS.
Spud

Tuckers Law

« Reply #54751 on: November 14, 2019, 10:45:28 PM »
Sabrina ironically hit the nail on the head, just not in the way she’s intending:

...it will never be good enough because we've already done all we can

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #54752 on: November 14, 2019, 10:54:57 PM »
ResetEra's going to have to adopt the NeoGAF salvage strategy and rebrand itself as a TERF site in three months.
serge

Boredfrom

« Reply #54753 on: November 14, 2019, 10:56:34 PM »
When you know you've said something truly horrible, so horrible that if anyone discovered it you'd be ruined, you get super paranoid that people will find out about it.

So when a poster references that event, even if they name no names and mention zero specifics and there's no way it could possibly be related to you, you panic because you know they know, and at some point in the future they could attach a name to the horrible things you said.

so they ban you

:gamergate

Tuckers Law

« Reply #54754 on: November 14, 2019, 10:57:40 PM »
ResetEra's going to have to adopt the NeoGAF salvage strategy and rebrand itself as a TERF site in three months.

I don’t doubt some of the nuttier posters there already think it’s secretly that way.

No doubt being as privileged and delusional as most of the loudest REEseters, KetKat is somewhere right now probably thinking, “this is just like Blitzchung standing up for Hong Kong”

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #54755 on: November 14, 2019, 11:00:30 PM »
Kinda sad that the Staff would do this to the trans community on today of all days.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #54756 on: November 14, 2019, 11:02:14 PM »
God I wish CatBenji were alive to witness this :fbm

Edit, holy shit, i fucking summoned him, please give likes
hey

Tuckers Law

« Reply #54757 on: November 14, 2019, 11:04:02 PM »
For any trans members of Resetera reading this thread: come and join The Bire, never mind Marrec’s protestations.  The cream club might be banned, but it’s spirit lives on!

Boredfrom

« Reply #54758 on: November 14, 2019, 11:05:59 PM »
So let me get this straight, supposedly “hacking” or however access was gained, into your private server, is a WORSE offense, than what was said in the that server. Now I get it. Thanks for clarification

:dobbs

benjipwns

« Reply #54759 on: November 14, 2019, 11:07:30 PM »
Who had KetKat as the one to accidentally tell the truth about how the whole place has been run since the start? Even though the fact it was an LLC prevented this.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54760 on: November 14, 2019, 11:07:32 PM »
See, by calling attention to the "breach of privacy", the staff has made this worse, because nobody was talking about that portion of her post until it was mentioned, and now we all rightly want whoever was sending transphobic messages to be punished.

Quote from: ProffesorBeef
To be perfectly honest, and obviously speaking for myself only here, I kinda don't want to know. I consider the staff friends from when I was on it, and I don't want that image shattered.

:lol :lol :lol

Prof beef is such a petty scumbag.

Pwnz

« Reply #54761 on: November 14, 2019, 11:10:36 PM »
Kinda sad that the Staff would do this to the trans community on today of all days.

It's super transphobic.

I mean:
WUR FUCKING WAITING BITCH, PROVE U ARENT TRANSPHOBIC MOTHERFUCKER

Am I doing this it right?

benjipwns

« Reply #54762 on: November 14, 2019, 11:12:56 PM »
Which one is KetKat's partner? Robin? She hasn't been a mod for months. As she helpfully pointed out while having a meltdown because someone said moderators could be bad at their jobs.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #54763 on: November 14, 2019, 11:16:25 PM »
Which one is KetKat's partner? Robin? She hasn't been a mod for months. As she helpfully pointed out while having a meltdown because someone said moderators could be bad at their jobs.
I think it was Robin, yeah. Maybe Nicole. They all kinda blend together.
hey

benjipwns

« Reply #54764 on: November 14, 2019, 11:19:14 PM »
shinobi should get rid of off topic side now and focus just on gaming.
Shinobi quit ResetERA.com a few months ago.

Not long after doxxing his ugly racist kid.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54765 on: November 14, 2019, 11:19:41 PM »
I mean Ketkat's post really does hit the nail on the head. If one of the Resetera mods fails the same level of ideological purity that they expect of the users, wouldn't it be hypocritical to just accept how things are and not speak truth to power? Isn't the point of the movement that you NOT do that? I honestly give Ketkat props for following her zealotry to the point of annihilation

benjipwns

« Reply #54766 on: November 14, 2019, 11:21:01 PM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
I actually have no real credit. However, I've been such a good customer to my credit union for a few years, and they've been offering me auto loans for awhile, that I finally decided to just take the offer. Initial pre-approval rate was $177.70/mo for 60 mos. However, my loan officer gave me an 84-month deal, so I imagine payments will be a little lower.

84 month loans are a big oof bordering on yikes
you imagine your payments will be lower? You don't know what your payment is?

Quote from: Nepenthe
Not yet because she is gonna redo the deal and give me that first thing in the morning. The interest on that was 7.16% though.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-bought-my-first-car-today.153138/post-26469521

So they signed a bunch of papers and walked out happy with the cheapest nissan on the lot not even knowing the payment.
This is worse than her advocating for a race war.

While Cerium is killing the transgenders he needs to quietly lynch Nepenthe's account.

shosta

« Reply #54767 on: November 14, 2019, 11:21:14 PM »
I mean Ketkat's post really does hit the nail on the head.
shut up
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #54768 on: November 14, 2019, 11:23:45 PM »
I mean Ketkat's post really does hit the nail on the head. If one of the Resetera mods fails the same level of ideological purity that they expect of the users, wouldn't it be hypocritical to just accept how things are and not speak truth to power? Isn't the point of the movement that you NOT do that? I honestly give Ketkat props for following her zealotry to the point of annihilation

The thing is that we only have her word for it and it sounds like she didn’t expect that mods realized she was the one spying on them and ban her. The fact that her cronies are defending her saying that spying is good is kind of nutty to me specially since this group is usually the first one to say: “PM THE MODS”.

benjipwns

« Reply #54769 on: November 14, 2019, 11:26:31 PM »
Quote from: Kitsunenuts
Okay so here's the thing that staff do not understand.

Having these conversations amongst yourself and amongst the LGBTQ members of your staff privately is all well and good. But here's the thing. If we are unable to see discussion happening, and discussion between members and the staff is silenced-- as it routinely is-- those discussions may as well not exist. (To steal another member's posting quirk. Sorry, Kyuuji ). The internet, by and large, lacks object permanency. This is what I mean when I say the Era staff lacks an understanding of optics. We are unable to percieve these discussions by nature, and you can insist that you are talking to people all you want, but closed door discussions by nature lock out public perception of a wilingness to actually improve or hear our concerns.
i blame shosta for this post

benjipwns

« Reply #54770 on: November 14, 2019, 11:29:31 PM »
the way they talk publicly about being moderators it's amazing they don't all quit, especially since the original dream was that they'd be paid unlike Evilore's Nazi ways

also what 30 year old moderator in 2019 actually does bother to spend 20 straight hours moderating and stressing about it lol, i didn't do that at 13

Boredfrom

« Reply #54771 on: November 14, 2019, 11:30:52 PM »
Do better by the Trans members of ERA.

you can PR your statement all you want, and heck - maybe you do need some time to figure out the proper response - fact is..people are losing faith in ERA moderation team.

:pika

benjipwns

« Reply #54772 on: November 14, 2019, 11:34:17 PM »
I wouldn't have starting transitioning last year without KetKat's amazing resources here. In a very real sense her contributions changed my life.

(Image removed from quote.)
at age 43 btw

shosta

« Reply #54773 on: November 14, 2019, 11:34:39 PM »
that's a joke, you're joking
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #54774 on: November 14, 2019, 11:35:43 PM »
that's a joke, you're joking

He is not.

shosta

« Reply #54775 on: November 14, 2019, 11:36:46 PM »
if she found herself that late in life more power to her but that fucking avatar kills me
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #54776 on: November 14, 2019, 11:38:45 PM »
if she found herself that late in life more power to her but that fucking avatar kills me

Eh, i got the gut feeling that she and KetKat are more like the author of this comic:

http://badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Unicorn_Jelly

JDR is quite the living drama herself. A trans woman with massive daddy issues, she lied on her psyche test to get the gender reassignment surgery and realized that she made a huge mistake. Since then, she has taken her lazy entitlement issues out on her husband from her group marriage, especially their husband Stephen when he was too busy doing his job (as the sole bread winner) to do all the programming for her video game, Kokoro Wish.

benjipwns

« Reply #54777 on: November 14, 2019, 11:40:45 PM »

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54778 on: November 14, 2019, 11:41:50 PM »
So KetKat convinced a 43 year old man to suddenly start wearing dresses? Wow, what great mental health advice ResetEra hands out. I'm sure this will improve his life.

shosta

« Reply #54779 on: November 14, 2019, 11:43:16 PM »
you can't fail out of school in the 3rd grade :lol
每天生气