Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5989278 times)

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #9060 on: May 18, 2018, 06:29:55 PM »
Should I rent Black Panther tonight? I haven’t seen it yet. My family is white.

As long as you all are ready to confront your white privilege while watching a movie about black privilege.  :doge

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9061 on: May 18, 2018, 06:48:45 PM »
If you count grime as UK Hip Hop then that's probably my favorite type of hiphop out there...

:rock :rock :rock
^_^

agrajag

« Reply #9062 on: May 18, 2018, 06:53:16 PM »
God damn that was awful.

« Reply #9063 on: May 18, 2018, 06:58:11 PM »
Grime is ear torture.

I'm glad Elon Musk is fucking it

nudemacusers

« Reply #9064 on: May 18, 2018, 07:04:01 PM »
I legit love grime.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #9065 on: May 18, 2018, 07:16:31 PM »
Cowboy Bebop is boring as fuck

Dufus living up to his namesake, I see.

tuna_love

« Reply #9066 on: May 18, 2018, 07:30:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8083018/

Quote from: Zone
This is beyond disgusting.

Will they have to comb through not only to verify that all files are images and videos of child abuse but to also get a facial image of the child in hopes of tracking them down?
wouldnt it be easier identifying the kid before theyre facialed?

agrajag

« Reply #9067 on: May 18, 2018, 07:52:03 PM »
I don't know why don't you ask Amir0x

tuna_love

« Reply #9068 on: May 18, 2018, 08:00:49 PM »
never heard of her

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #9069 on: May 18, 2018, 08:44:05 PM »
Cowboy Bebop is boring as fuck
I suddenly regret every like I've ever given you.

PogiJones

« Reply #9070 on: May 18, 2018, 08:46:34 PM »
Audioboxer caught a perma for "posting ponography"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/valve-requesting-sexual-content-be-censored-in-steam-games-or-theyll-be-removed.43350/page-18#post-8060091

Seems very harsh for one slip up and I wouldn't be surprised if some mods had him on a hitlist.
Audioboxer has consistently made posts that make me think ‘why the fuck are you wasting time on that shithole when you’re a real human with actual life experience’. I’m sorta relieved the era mods spotted them and ostracised them.
I don't know him, but maybe he wanted to make the place better (was he a good poster?). I tried that, but when the admins and mods are actively opposed to open discourse, it makes it really tough to reason with people--which is why I think open discourse is the most important principle of a forum. I'm not one to complain about bans, but I think my single ban is indicative of the larger problem. I was banned for saying (in a Kingdom Come thread) that every person accused of something deserves a defense. It's perhaps the most fundamental principle of modern society, and is essential to open discourse, but it's a principle rejected by the staff there.

Cerium's been a good dude whenever I've PM'd him with issues, but the rest of the staff pretty much ignores concerns. "If you have concerns about moderation, please PM a mod or admin... so we can ignore you." Again, except Cerium, in my experience.

wsippel

« Reply #9071 on: May 18, 2018, 08:53:30 PM »
Quote from: Messofanego, post: 8077749, member: 1159
I don't buy the cultural differences argument considering France is 2nd to America for the hip hop culture since the 80s. Especially where Gaspar Noe resides, Paris, and he has used the same actor from La Haine (1995), Vincent Cassel, which is the film that put him on the map and which he surely must have watched before he hired him for Irreversible (2002).
Gaspar Noe generally thought the music was bad in Black Panther. The Black Panther soundtrack is mostly African music and hip hop, with like just two r&b songs.

http://www.complex.com/music/2016/02/the-best-of-french-hip-hop/
Although America is clearly at the top of the hip-hop food chain, France has always been a fairly close second, with a thriving scene that dates back to the mid-80s. A huge factor in the development of French hip-hop was the TV show HIPHOPaired, which featured music videos and live performances from global rap artists (even Kurtis Blow passed through one time). The show even pre-dated Yo! MTV Raps, suggesting that mainstream French culture was more ready to accept hip-hop than America was at that time.

Like hip-hop across the pond, and most other cultures, it was birthed in France through political movement and was used as a tool to protest the treatment of poverty-stricken citizens in Parisian ghettos and the racial discrimination immigrants and their children faced. It really was (and still is) their one true voice. The scene there has rapidly developed into something incredibly diverse-sounding—political hip-hop is still at the core, but gangsta and jazz-infused rap has also risen to prominence.

Rap evolved in France in a very similar way to what happened in the States but on a slight time delay, as it was the mid-90s where legends really started to be created. Some of this was thanks to the influence of Mathieu Kassovitz's iconic film, La Haine (which is basically a French Do The Right Thing), and its thumping hip-hop soundtrack that included pioneering groups such as Assassin and NTM. The French hip hop scene is still booming today, especially in Paris, which has a fierce underground scene and where most of the country's prominent rappers reside.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/dpkej7/vincent-cassel-interview
In squats in the 19th arrondissement and clubs like Le Globo and Le Bobino, Cassel was witness to the birth of French hip-hop. "It was very mixed," he recalls, of the crowds and the places. "It was the area of Jean-Paul Goude and Jean-Baptiste Mondino, but at the same time it was the beginning of hip-hop, and we had Public Enemy dropping by and all these kids from the street playing music that nobody would listen to. They weren't playing beats anywhere else – everything was very poppy and, let's face it, very white. We were different, we were dressed different," he trails off. "I don't know – it was real funky."

Imagine spending all this time debunking a comment that Noe probably forgot 30 seconds after saying it.

Many older Europeans consider rap pretty much a sub-genre of R&B, so that became a catch-all term. Also, Gaspar Noe appears to be a techno guy, and techno fans tend to not like rap all that much. But since techno is considered "black music" as well, because of pioneers like Blake Baxter, Kevin Saunderson or Derrick May, playing the "racism" card in this context doesn't make a lot of sense.

Dennis

« Reply #9072 on: May 18, 2018, 09:03:04 PM »
Shower Alf responds to Evilore's incoherant rant:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/jason-schreier-kotaku-wins-3-kunkel-awards-and-drama-appears.1462300/page-5#post-253263337

Cannot wait to see what crazy shit EL will post in response. Also, those sycophants for EL are seriously pathetic.

What am I reading?

Is this some sort of satire or did EviLore really lose his mind?

Dennis

« Reply #9073 on: May 18, 2018, 09:06:34 PM »
Quote from: EviLore
I had a thousand times more demons inside me than you could ever hold onto

Now I finally understand how he can be the veteran of a thousand fights.

paprikastaude

« Reply #9074 on: May 18, 2018, 09:14:14 PM »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #9075 on: May 18, 2018, 09:25:19 PM »
Right? surprise surprise, people lining up to ride lores nuts at the drop of a hat. Guess some things never change

agrajag

« Reply #9076 on: May 18, 2018, 10:10:05 PM »
Bro, those responses to Shower Alf... it's like I stepped into the Twilight Zone

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9077 on: May 18, 2018, 10:22:27 PM »
Better quote that Shower Alf post in case it gets removed.

Quote from: Shower Alf
You being the monster, battling monsters and performing miracles. Definitely no longer out of touch with reality and not a narcissist.

Your incoherent short story ramblings don't explain any of your past behavior of being a cunty creepy lying weirdo and once again you're claiming to be the victim. '6 people liked your post' are the enablers that let you think you're a reasonable person but you're a deviant creepy weirdo to the core. You're not a likable person, you're only a cunt. The posters here sucking you off couldn't be any more obvious and pathetic. You've learnt nothing.

See a psychiatrist, show them your short story ramblings as there is something seriously wrong with you.

And he's right on the money- his point is proven about the posters sucking Thug1's dick from all the responses that followed.  :lol
ど助平

Let's Cyber

« Reply #9078 on: May 18, 2018, 10:23:59 PM »
Lore's found himself a brand new set of sycophants.  :yuck

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #9079 on: May 19, 2018, 12:03:22 AM »
My concern last year was that following the exodus, the site would be flooded with GG posters. Thankfully that didn’t happen
Meanwhile, on the front page
Race-baiting woman lies about altercation with police officer, Police department releases body cam footage.
What In The Heck is "Gender Fluidity"?
Christianity [OT] The Word became flesh and dwelt among us
How do you view CNN in 2018?

totally not a den of right leaning agitated posters now
每天生气

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #9080 on: May 19, 2018, 12:28:30 AM »

Cerium's been a good dude whenever I've PM'd him with issues, but the rest of the staff pretty much ignores concerns. "If you have concerns about moderation, please PM a mod or admin... so we can ignore you." Again, except Cerium, in my experience.

that's how I felt but then he flipped out and effectively permed me.  Yes, I got permed for pissing off the owner and not because I was being a contrarian ass who liked to stir up Enzom.

I saw this guy got banned again.

I only noticed it because his last ban was for mildly disagreeing with Beefy.

So I PM'ed Cerium who has always been cool. 

It turns out my warning was not for questioning that ban but a different one and saying "This should be for 24 hours, not a week."  I was told under the "strongest terms" to avoid backseat moderation.

Ok, fine.  I won't PM a mod when I have questions of moderation anymore.  But then he jumps back into it and demands I answer why I thought the warning was for one thing and not the other.

I admit I was confused and made a mistake.

You have been banned for the following reason: Filing a false complaint, trolling the staff, abusing the report system, on an alt account.

The alt account had been approved on the conditions that any further ban would be a perm.  I think it was because I didn't "confirm and my understanding and acceptance" in the five minute window he gave me.

So be aware. DO NOT pm mods with questions of moderation!  If they are cranky they will demand "understanding" and then "action" you if you don't respond in time.   Just post, "why was that guy banned?" and live to post another day.

But yeah, Cerium says "actioned." It's not just a SweetNicole newspeak.

sigh

Jansen

« Reply #9081 on: May 19, 2018, 12:38:08 AM »
Pls tell me you copied that shit from voat

Boredfrom

« Reply #9082 on: May 19, 2018, 12:38:29 AM »
Feels like there is a lot of misinformation spread in the mod team. I will not surprised that some mod shit talked you in a discord with Cerium.

Old Gaf tactic.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
And also from GiantBomb forums
[close]

clothedmacuser

« Reply #9083 on: May 19, 2018, 12:41:20 AM »

Nah dude. It's true.  I'm just amused how I got permed for pissing off the owner and not for the reasons we would all assume.  And before anyone asks, I used the "report" button maybe 10-12 times and had 2 conversations with Cerium before where he was quite jovial and pleasant. 

I wasn't Beseda'ing him with demands and orders.
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #9084 on: May 19, 2018, 12:44:56 AM »

Nah dude. It's true.  I'm just amused how I got permed for pissing off the owner and not for the reasons we would all assume.  And before anyone asks, I used the "report" button maybe 10-12 times and had 2 conversations with Cerium before where he was quite jovial and pleasant. 

I got the good feeling the Cerium is not aware how shitty his mod team is.

Then again, maybe he is becoming a new Evilore and getting defensive as the forum projections decline.

nudemacusers

« Reply #9085 on: May 19, 2018, 12:45:09 AM »
I dunno why you care this much tbh. The whole thing is supposed to be amusing, not a fact finding mission with blurred witnesses.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

bluemax

« Reply #9086 on: May 19, 2018, 12:46:51 AM »
That post will definitely get scrubbed, so quoting for posterity.

You being the monster, battling monsters and performing miracles. Definitely no longer out of touch with reality and not a narcissist.

Your incoherent short story ramblings don't explain any of your past behavior of being a cunty creepy lying weirdo and once again you're claiming to be the victim. '6 people liked your post' are the enablers that let you think you're a reasonable person but you're a deviant creepy weirdo to the core. You're not a likable person, you're only a cunt. The posters here sucking you off couldn't be any more obvious and pathetic. You've learnt nothing.

See a psychiatrist, show them your short story ramblings as there is something seriously wrong with you.

I told EviLore to see a psychiatrist and he perma banned me, so maybe this is progress?
NO

Boredfrom

« Reply #9087 on: May 19, 2018, 12:48:24 AM »
I dunno why you care this much tbh. The whole thing is supposed to be amusing, not a fact finding mission with blurred witnesses.

That is amusing IMO. Specially since Cerium had big hopes for the forum and always seemed sincere.

Jansen

« Reply #9088 on: May 19, 2018, 12:49:24 AM »
You pushed your luck and got perma'd and then you got let back in only to stir shit up again

Why do this

jorma

« Reply #9089 on: May 19, 2018, 12:49:52 AM »

Of course he knows. EL knew and so does Cerium. Besides, he has access to this thread, does he not? It's literally impossible to read more than two pages of this thread and still not know how awful their mods and power users are.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #9090 on: May 19, 2018, 12:51:01 AM »

Oh, believe me, I find it very amusing.  He uses the word "actioned," I was banned for "PM a mod about the moderation," and the way he took it so personally that I said "eh, maybe he should get a 1 day ban, not a week long one."

You pushed your luck and got perma'd and then you got let back in only to stir shit up again

Why do this

I actually didn't stir shit up.  I was very passive poster this go around and obeyed all the rules and avoided conflict.  But I insulted the owner. 

:idont

Also, being the kind of poster who doesn't get warnings or bans on ERA was pure

:boring :snore

Jokes have to be Grandma level chill to post.  Cleaning up posts to fit their guidelines was like self neutering your own brain.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:57:12 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #9091 on: May 19, 2018, 12:54:44 AM »

Also, if I learned anything from Old Gaf, there a lot of crazies that will try to shit on you for innocuous stuff and will follow you on twitter and beyond. I have also some stories and pics, but is not worth the hassle given that I’m pretty sure the same group of people read the bore.

Boredfrom

« Reply #9092 on: May 19, 2018, 12:58:04 AM »

Of course he knows. EL knew and so does Cerium. Besides, he has access to this thread, does he not? It's literally impossible to read more than two pages of this thread and still not know how awful their mods and power users are.

lol most of OldGaf/Reee could go to this thread and read the shitty stuff that old and new mods do, but must choose to ignore it because “we are a alt right hate site”.

But then again, like I mentioned, maybe Cerium is just becoming Evilore lite.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #9093 on: May 19, 2018, 01:10:52 AM »
that ban seemed completely deserved, stop trying to waste Cerium's time just because you're a salty dipshit
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9094 on: May 19, 2018, 01:11:55 AM »
 ::)

nudemacusers

« Reply #9095 on: May 19, 2018, 01:18:45 AM »
Brah it’s gaf 2.0 you should know better.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

« Reply #9096 on: May 19, 2018, 01:27:46 AM »
Brah it’s gaf 2.0 you should know better.

I'm not really looking for a lesson or take-away from this.  The fall of Era is boring and pale.  The rise and decent of Evilore was like a shitty opera.  Such emotion and bluster and then hilarious failure. Or like the Trump administration. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 01:36:03 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

nudemacusers

« Reply #9097 on: May 19, 2018, 01:51:19 AM »
Hopefully someone steps forward to expose the dirty underbelly of TheBore administration.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #9098 on: May 19, 2018, 03:21:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/man-from-allen-texas-busted-with-58-terabytes-of-child-porn.43394/page-7#post-8092087

Fuckin a I live 30mins away from Allen

Imagine living 30 minutes away from a guy who lives inside a city with population of 80,000, a city which is a suburb of Dallas, itself containing a population of 1.3 million people and a metro area of 7 million. Jinkies!
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Bore Expert

« Reply #9099 on: May 19, 2018, 03:23:10 AM »
Shower Alf responds to Evilore's incoherant rant:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/jason-schreier-kotaku-wins-3-kunkel-awards-and-drama-appears.1462300/page-5#post-253263337

Cannot wait to see what crazy shit EL will post in response. Also, those sycophants for EL are seriously pathetic.

What am I reading?

Is this some sort of satire or did EviLore really lose his mind?

He’s doped up or dyin or something 🤷‍♂️

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #9100 on: May 19, 2018, 04:38:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8040652/
This post triggers the fuck out of me. list multiple ashton kutcher and jennifer aniston romcoms as your favorite comedies of all time brehs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9101 on: May 19, 2018, 05:01:29 AM »
This post triggers the fuck out of me. list multiple ashton kutcher and jennifer aniston romcoms as your favorite comedies of all time brehs

When Marvel films are the zenith of what you expect from cinema...
ὕβρις

Let's Cyber

« Reply #9102 on: May 19, 2018, 06:31:47 AM »
I'm not really looking for a lesson or take-away from this.
☠️PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTANCE☠️

FStop7

« Reply #9103 on: May 19, 2018, 06:44:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8094246/

haha. moronic. no console makes shooters feel as good as the switch.

:nintendo

jorma

« Reply #9104 on: May 19, 2018, 07:23:28 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-are-some-of-your-favorite-comedies.43235/#post-8091986

:yuck And I'm a Kevin Smith fan

shut your whore mouth, Dogma was awesome.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9105 on: May 19, 2018, 07:48:41 AM »

that's how I felt but then he flipped out and effectively permed me.  Yes, I got permed for pissing off the owner and not because I was being a contrarian ass who liked to stir up Enzom.

(Image removed from quote.)

It turns out my warning was not for questioning that ban but a different one and saying "This should be for 24 hours, not a week."  I was told under the "strongest terms" to avoid backseat moderation.

Ok, fine.  I won't PM a mod when I have questions of moderation anymore.  But then he jumps back into it and demands I answer why I thought the warning was for one thing and not the other.

You have been banned for the following reason: Filing a false complaint, trolling the staff, abusing the report system, on an alt account.

The alt account had been approved on the conditions that any further ban would be a perm.  I think it was because I didn't "confirm and my understanding and acceptance" in the five minute window he gave me.

So be aware. DO NOT pm mods with questions of moderation!  If they are cranky they will demand "understanding" and then "action" you if you don't respond in time.   Just post, "why was that guy banned?" and live to post another day.

You went to the head of the labor camp to complain and rat out the other inmates and you are surprised you both got hung on the walls?

AKTION!!

:doge
🤴

jorma

« Reply #9106 on: May 19, 2018, 07:50:43 AM »
It was good for triggering religious fucks but the movie itself sucks.

Movie was absolutely good, one of his best.
Dunno about the triggering part, no one with a voice gets triggered by that sort of shit round here.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #9107 on: May 19, 2018, 07:51:15 AM »
2 of the 3 times i've done standup at an open mic (different material each time), people complained to the showrunner about my set being offensive.

Comedy really is dead.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9108 on: May 19, 2018, 07:58:25 AM »
Quote from: Shower_Alf
As gaf has proven for years, the voices of many are always reasonable. The ones dog piling are always right. I'm wrong, I'm sorry my rantings were a lengthy 116 words vs Showermans concise 1654. I'm sorry I didn't mention battling monsters and being a monster 6 times. Unlike Evilore I can't perform 2 miracles in a span of 6 months. I'm genuinely changed and sorry.

Am also still amazed that no one there has picked up on the user name yet :lol
ど助平

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #9109 on: May 19, 2018, 08:21:13 AM »
2 of the 3 times i've done standup at an open mic (different material each time), people complained to the showrunner about my set being offensive.

Comedy really is dead.

This post is offensive.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #9110 on: May 19, 2018, 08:28:33 AM »

Comedy really is dead.

This post is offensive.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/my-wife-came-up-with-an-idea-for-nintendogs-2.366574/#post-16474460

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #9111 on: May 19, 2018, 09:36:44 AM »

:badass I ADVISE YOU IN THE STRONGEST TERMS TO AVOID BACKSEAT MODERATION :badass

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

FStop7

« Reply #9113 on: May 19, 2018, 10:28:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8097001/

this guy ate a steak marinated in dog urine.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9114 on: May 19, 2018, 10:29:16 AM »
I don't know if money buys happiness, but apparently it doesn't make you less broken.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9115 on: May 19, 2018, 10:31:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8097001/

this guy ate a steak marinated in dog urine.

That video is 6 minutes long. You posted in 2.
I saw spinets of it. Why would I watch the Mouth of Sauron talk about how powerful Sauron is?

:lol  :whew
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #9116 on: May 19, 2018, 10:55:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/another-racist-couldnt-resist-the-urge-to-show-their-ass-over-twitter.43547/#post-8093501

Why not just call me a distinguished black fellow, since you dismiss me as one.

Of course i'm a troll, no distinguished black fellow has anything of value to say against white people.

:insane  :reeeee
Can't even keep up with the argument with everyone calling each other a racist.
ὕβρις

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #9117 on: May 19, 2018, 11:14:16 AM »
I love it how people keep constantly redefining racism to suit their own needs. It's very poetic.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9118 on: May 19, 2018, 11:25:05 AM »
I love it how people keep constantly redefining racism to suit their own needs. It's very poetic.

It's pretty funny. In that one thread where old British white guys complained that comparing them to gammon is racist the response was "white people really don't know what racism is" but then you go into the black panther thread and Gaspar Noé is a fucking racist for merely describing the soundtrack as R&B.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9119 on: May 19, 2018, 11:29:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/man-from-allen-texas-busted-with-58-terabytes-of-child-porn.43394/page-7#post-8092087

Fuckin a I live 30mins away from Allen

Imagine living 30 minutes away from a guy who lives inside a city with population of 80,000, a city which is a suburb of Dallas, itself containing a population of 1.3 million people and a metro area of 7 million. Jinkies!

I live an hour from Allen. Pray for me, brehs. :omg
dog