Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2084338 times)

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #6000 on: October 13, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »
Morena Baccarin  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
nat

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #6001 on: October 13, 2012, 05:41:40 PM »

Her head is so small that it's just too distracting for me  :-\

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #6002 on: October 13, 2012, 08:10:38 PM »

Drunk

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #6003 on: October 13, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »
what the fuck is wrong with you

HER HEAD IS TOO SMALL is the new SHARP KNEES
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6004 on: October 13, 2012, 08:35:45 PM »
Her neck makes it even worse imo, it's like a giraffe. Also she has such a gummy smile :fbm

ZephyrFate

« Reply #6005 on: October 14, 2012, 02:17:25 AM »
Um what every season of it's always sunny has been fucking hilarious, fuck you very much.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #6006 on: October 14, 2012, 02:35:24 AM »
Um what every season of it's always sunny has been fucking hilarious, fuck you very much.

you wish  :hump
AMC

ZephyrFate

« Reply #6007 on: October 14, 2012, 03:05:58 AM »
no, i know. they were also better than every season of breaking bad.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #6008 on: October 14, 2012, 03:06:58 AM »
k
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6009 on: October 14, 2012, 03:08:25 AM »

ZephyrFate

« Reply #6010 on: October 14, 2012, 06:18:17 AM »
k
i'm not sorry you don't have a sense of humor, otherwise you would enjoy every season of it's always sunny. thanks.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #6011 on: October 14, 2012, 08:24:15 AM »
I won't be convinced until I see a bunch of hilarious context-free gifs that prove it.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #6012 on: October 14, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »
Arrow was not horrible.  Surprisingly.

Tonya

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6013 on: October 14, 2012, 10:13:05 AM »
Good to know, was curious about that.

I won't be convinced until I see a bunch of hilarious context-free gifs that prove it.
Done and done:

benjipwns

« Reply #6014 on: October 14, 2012, 10:17:45 AM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
But there...is...no...Carol...in H.R.
[close]

Barry Egan

« Reply #6015 on: October 14, 2012, 10:18:58 AM »
:bow

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #6016 on: October 14, 2012, 05:44:44 PM »
ZephyrFate has become an invaluable setting in my taste metronome.

Thanks dude.
:{]

ZephyrFate

« Reply #6017 on: October 14, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »
ZephyrFate has become an invaluable setting in my taste metronome.

Thanks dude.
Everyone just needs to fill their God hole with pussy.

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #6018 on: October 14, 2012, 06:14:15 PM »
And that makes no sense!
:{]

Tucah

« Reply #6019 on: October 14, 2012, 09:18:25 PM »
Downton season 3, ep 5:

Sybil  :'(

Also, hope the Bates stuff is done soon, getting really tired of that subplot. Everything else this season is enjoyable enough, even if there's probably more Mary/Matthew drama approaching.
[close]

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #6020 on: October 14, 2012, 09:22:59 PM »
cool, one of those always sunny GIFs was made by me

but i guess that doesn't count
AMC

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #6021 on: October 14, 2012, 11:13:11 PM »
TWD premier was pretty bloody good.

Homeland, plot seems to be going through the motions in getting everything back on track so the real story can start.
nat

ZephyrFate

« Reply #6022 on: October 15, 2012, 12:08:14 AM »
TWD was better than all of season 2 aside from the horrible, terrible dialogue and stupid logic; Homeland was not as amazing as last week's but getting there, and Revenge was great.

Tucah

« Reply #6023 on: October 15, 2012, 12:37:30 AM »
-TWD premiere was great - Last season was okay (farm arc was dragged out way, way too long imo) but this episode was much better. Great start to the prison arc, which is my favorite part of the comics so I'm pretty excited.
-Homeland was good. Man, Claire Danes was fantastic (as always) and very curious to see where things go from here. Lots of interesting things in play right now.
-Revenge (had no idea anyone else here watched it) was good and as fun as ever. I don't think I'll ever get tired of Emily/Victoria conversations. I'm not a big fan of new fellow revenge trainee guy and goddamn is Declan's storyline bad but everything else is great.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6024 on: October 15, 2012, 01:05:38 AM »
Walking Dead was great, perhaps better than all the S2 episodes in fact.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #6025 on: October 15, 2012, 01:08:50 AM »
^agreed

now that they've shaken off the final remnants of darabont, walking dead might turn into a pretty good show
sup

cool breeze

« Reply #6026 on: October 15, 2012, 03:05:17 AM »
I stopped watching S2 before the break, and gave it another shot after, but it was just so boring.  First episode of Season 3 was pretty good.  It's also my favorite part of the comic series, so I'm back on board for now.

and
they're actually going full on with Michonne.  It's a goofy as I thought it'd be!
[close]

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6027 on: October 15, 2012, 12:41:36 PM »
We need to discuss why none of the minorities or women had projectile weapons in the episode's cold open. The kid gets a 9mm, while T-Dawg gets some Aquaman spear and Glen gets a shovel?

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #6028 on: October 15, 2012, 12:59:59 PM »
A shovel is a great weapon for a zombie apocalypse. You can use the flat part for bashing in skulls and the sharp edges for severing their necks. So versatile.
WDW

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #6029 on: October 15, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »
Man, I may have to try the new season of Walking Dead.  The first two were so, so bad :-\
vin

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #6030 on: October 15, 2012, 07:14:16 PM »
That was a bad filler episode of Homeland.  :-\

Barry Egan

« Reply #6031 on: October 15, 2012, 08:10:57 PM »
It was definitely weak overall.  Looking forward to next week to actually get the ball rolling.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #6032 on: October 15, 2012, 08:32:40 PM »
funniest episode yet

cutting edge slapstick in a serious drama
Tonya

ZephyrFate

« Reply #6033 on: October 15, 2012, 10:31:20 PM »
funniest episode yet

cutting edge slapstick in a serious drama
compounded by the awesome of Brody snapping that dude's neck and Carrie's realization at the end which made it much better than a filler episode

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6034 on: October 16, 2012, 12:40:04 AM »
Homeland is turning into a ridiculous show. I don't have high hopes for this season anymore

Can someone explain how or why Nazir's people would spend nearly a decade grooming the person Manchurian candidate only to constantly put him in positions where his cover could easily be blown? From stealing intel from INSIDE the CIA to going to meet a suspected terrorist...I just don't get it. The journalist/spy told Brody that the bomb maker wasn't under surveillance yet, but they had no way of knowing for 100% sure that the CIA/NSA/etc were not watching him. Worse yet, in a few days when they do start looking for him...what if the store had a camera system and saw Brody walk in. It just makes no sense to not only put your most valuable asset in danger, but to kind of treat him like shit.

It just feels like this double agent stuff is getting far more convoluted for me to buy. I thought Brody would be passing along intel to Nazir's people covertly while building himself up as a confidant of the next president. Instead he's exclusively used to bail Nazir out at the last minute of shit, and each time it just gets more ridiculous.

So now that the cat is out of the bag...what now? Estes is very career driven, and focused on saving his own ass/advancing his career. Wouldn't basic safety protocol demand that Brody get arrested immediately? He poses a potential immediate thread to the VP and national security, and if he were to kill the VP while Estes sat on information that could have saved his life....his career will be over.
[close]

cool breeze

« Reply #6035 on: October 16, 2012, 03:10:35 AM »

I'm not too familiar with Green Arrow but the pilot was Batman Begins as a cheap TV show.  I liked it  :-\

etiolate

« Reply #6036 on: October 16, 2012, 03:29:16 AM »
Homeland is turning into a ridiculous show. I don't have high hopes for this season anymore

Can someone explain how or why Nazir's people would spend nearly a decade grooming the person Manchurian candidate only to constantly put him in positions where his cover could easily be blown? From stealing intel from INSIDE the CIA to going to meet a suspected terrorist...I just don't get it. The journalist/spy told Brody that the bomb maker wasn't under surveillance yet, but they had no way of knowing for 100% sure that the CIA/NSA/etc were not watching him. Worse yet, in a few days when they do start looking for him...what if the store had a camera system and saw Brody walk in. It just makes no sense to not only put your most valuable asset in danger, but to kind of treat him like shit.

It just feels like this double agent stuff is getting far more convoluted for me to buy. I thought Brody would be passing along intel to Nazir's people covertly while building himself up as a confidant of the next president. Instead he's exclusively used to bail Nazir out at the last minute of shit, and each time it just gets more ridiculous.

So now that the cat is out of the bag...what now? Estes is very career driven, and focused on saving his own ass/advancing his career. Wouldn't basic safety protocol demand that Brody get arrested immediately? He poses a potential immediate thread to the VP and national security, and if he were to kill the VP while Estes sat on information that could have saved his life....his career will be over.
[close]

Well the role Brody made for himself was not the one Abu Nasir originally had in mind. I can buy that they would use him in whatever way and not be overly concerned with making him rise in power. I'm pretty sure there is are other moles for Abu Nasir to play. The access Brody gets is pretty exceptional though. The thing is that Brody's ultimate goal is to kill the guy that also grants him the access and power Abu Nasir wants. Maybe they realize that conflict could screw things up and have some other role for Brody in play.

I was sure that at some point it would be revealed that Isah and the drone bombing was a tragedy planned and created by Abu Nasir to manipulate Brody. I figured at some point, Brody's character would change on the realization of that lie. So whatever happens with the video, there is still more in play for Brody's character.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6037 on: October 16, 2012, 03:41:34 AM »
Putting Brody in these risky situations tests his dedication. You can imagine he has a lot of temptation to "go back" to what he was before especially now that he's a famous and well-respected politician. Even if Brody gets caught, that leaves a huge black eye on the US' foreign policy, demoralizes them from messing around in the ME anymore, which I'm guessing is the ultimate goal of Abu-Nazir's organization.

Anyways, I always thought that Nazir's organization was basically Al-Qaeda but if they have ties with Hezbollah and Iran, then that suggests it's actually a Shia based group. Little bit interesting.

Downton season 3, ep 5:

Sybil  :'(

Also, hope the Bates stuff is done soon, getting really tired of that subplot. Everything else this season is enjoyable enough, even if there's probably more Mary/Matthew drama approaching.
[close]

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Lord Granthem
[close]

And yeah, I hope Bates' prison arc ends soon. Although I just don't see him leaving prison alive.

It is pretty weird the direction they're taking with Ethel, it seems like they're going to keep that character around for a while.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:48:07 AM by am nintenho »

Himu

« Reply #6038 on: October 16, 2012, 03:42:32 AM »
no spoilers cunts
IYKYK

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #6039 on: October 16, 2012, 07:18:56 AM »

I'm not too familiar with Green Arrow but the pilot was Batman Begins as a cheap TV show.  I liked it  :-\

i was kind of shocked when he straight up murdered 3 dudes

but yes it's basically Batman with bow and arrows instead of batarangs

Tonya

benjipwns

« Reply #6040 on: October 16, 2012, 07:41:59 AM »
Green Arrow has always been a more cynical but less capable Batman. It's basically even the same premise, rich dude runs around in tights being a bad ass.

I was kinda hoping it would start on and show more of his time on the island. I liked Year One quite a bit. But I suppose you do need to setup the city stuff to keep people in and not thinking it's Cast Away.

Actually, I can see why this might make for a better series than trying to do Batman or anything else. The character in the comics is far more grounded, more realistic, basically someone with an epic skill, than others. The special effects can be cheap.

I'm going to assume it'll be good and get cancelled on a cliffhanger like Reaper.

EDIT: I realized I didn't post my opinion on the first episode, I also liked it. I'm in, which is why I assume it'll be cancelled.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:12:57 AM by benjipwns »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6041 on: October 16, 2012, 09:15:30 AM »
Were boxing-glove arrows involved? If not, I'm not watching.
©@©™

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #6042 on: October 16, 2012, 10:02:21 AM »
Green Arrow has always been a more cynical but less capable Batman. It's basically even the same premise, rich dude runs around in tights being a bad ass.

sorry I meant more like Nolan's Batman

I should have been more clear.

Was kind of miffed to see Deathstroke's mask in the opening scenes with an arrow through it.  totally undercut's Deathstroke, but whatevz
Tonya

benjipwns

« Reply #6043 on: October 16, 2012, 10:04:37 AM »
sorry I meant more like Nolan's Batman

I should have been more clear.
oops sorry I was just replying to the whole discussion, not necessarily your post.

I agree with you guys on it being that kind of take on it though.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #6044 on: October 16, 2012, 01:26:12 PM »
Downton :'(
Drunk

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6045 on: October 16, 2012, 07:33:40 PM »

I... I never thought I'd be able to support Fistful in a woman-appreciation thread, but here I am...

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6046 on: October 17, 2012, 03:22:44 AM »
Downton.....(please don't click if you haven't seen the latest episode)
Wow that was a kick in the gut. Sybil was easily my favorite of the girls, and the most sensible (and modern). I had honestly hoped Matthew would marry her. She seemed like she'd be the perfect wife/partner to help keep Downton going.

Robert is willfully ignorant in the same way many privileged people of that time were From his almost juvenile distaste for discussing female biology to his disinterest in the business of running an estate, he seems to be the poster boy of the out of touch aristocracy that found itself unable to evolve alongside the rest of Europe. As Murry said, many great houses were on the path to extinction at that time due to their lords being so ignorant of how the world (be it business or medicine or whatever) works. Luckily Matthew is there to save his ass.

And I agree, the Bates shit needs to end. Either free him or keep him in prison, do it now.
[close]

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6047 on: October 17, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
It seems any discussion of sex was taboo during that period, which you can see by how much Mathew beat around the bush (lol) when asking if he would have full sexual functionality.

Lord Granthem's mother made it apparent to Mathew that it will be very hard to convince Lord Granthem that he is making bad business decisions. I mean, nobody called him out on putting all his eggs into that one railroad stock so I imagine that he will be even more stubborn on how to manage the land around Downton Abbey. Remember, that he doesn't consider it to be totally his fortune, he probably gets a sense of pride in having the finances be so "traditional".

I might actually understand his decision to side with the new doctor on not doing a risky c-section. He doesn't know anything about medicine and has to defer to two authorities, one of whom gave a very wrong diagnosis recently. The way he argued it as "one gives a guarantee and the other a doubt" makes me think he just wanted to pressure Tom into making what seemed like the obvious decision.

The teaser for next week made it seem like Bates is going to get into a fight with that prisoner who tried to plant a shiv on him. My guess is Bates will either die in prison or end up killing the other guy and end up with a life sentence. It would really suck if they got rid of the two most likable characters in the same season.
[close]

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6048 on: October 17, 2012, 03:12:38 PM »
downton

While the discussion was taboo there's little excuse for Robert seeming to mainly side with the new doctor because he was more respected in higher circles. The villa doctor missed a couple freak occurrences that had nothing to do with pregnancy; plus he handled the births and check ups of all of his daughters.

Nor do I believe a c-section would have been as risky as advertised. At the time most women who died in childbirth died during natural births, whereas c-sections were typically done on higher class women/resulted in better survival rates.

If Robert has his way Downton will fall.
[close]

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #6049 on: October 17, 2012, 08:26:27 PM »

I can't help myself, but I'm getting excited for it to come back.  :D
WDW

Himu

« Reply #6050 on: October 17, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »
was wondering what in the fuck that was for a sec

I didn't recognize the cast in those outfits until I saw Cera.
IYKYK

Beezy

« Reply #6051 on: October 17, 2012, 09:02:46 PM »
was wondering what in the fuck that was for a sec

I didn't recognize the cast in those outfits until I saw Cera.
same here :lol

« Reply #6052 on: October 17, 2012, 10:28:09 PM »
Buncha highbrow TV watchers up in here. Anyone else kill brain cells with Adult Swim?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6053 on: October 17, 2012, 10:33:44 PM »
I'm watching Terriers, how come nobody told me about this show before?*

* -
[close]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:35:27 PM by The Experiment »
🍆🍆

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #6054 on: October 17, 2012, 11:04:16 PM »
Saw some episodes of "Geek Love" on youtube to prepare me... had to lmao at the Star Wars couple. I really hope they air the part where I say "I'm not really into Star Wars"... (that's putting it mildly). They seem to edit a lot of stuff out, they were filming me and the girl for 3+ hours so I'm sure they'll take out a ton.
^_^

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #6055 on: October 18, 2012, 01:01:05 AM »
Buncha highbrow TV watchers up in here. Anyone else kill brain cells with Adult Swim?
enjoying Children's and Superjail.   
Tonya

« Reply #6056 on: October 18, 2012, 01:04:22 AM »
Did you see the Greatest Event in Television History thing? Simon & Simon remake :lol

cool breeze

« Reply #6057 on: October 18, 2012, 01:20:01 AM »
that damn theme song has been stuck in my head

« Reply #6058 on: October 18, 2012, 02:38:17 AM »
:lol I know, the slide guitar is catchy. I used to watch McRaney's Major Dad reruns on USA as a kid too. They used to have some good reruns - Wings, Parker Lewis Can't Lose, Facts of Life... I think McRaney's actually in one of their shows right now as a judge. Can't remember which one since every damn one of them has a legal setting.

ZephyrFate

« Reply #6059 on: October 18, 2012, 03:06:43 AM »
Childrens hospital and ntsf sd suv are two of the funniest sitcoms on tv. adult swim can be highbrow. also, terriers is fucking awesome.