Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 900237 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Make a sister site that lets anyone anonymously post screenshots of any discord server that has members of this forum there and allows for labelling of which discord user is which forum member. Let everyone whistleblow on everyone. 7/8ths of the forum banned within a week but whatever.
I agree, this is the best idea yet.

Amazing :neogaf :delicious
ὕβρις

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Hoping my boy benji sales extends a hand and welcomes anyone who feels unsafe on ree to come and join the sales community on twitter

https://twitter.com/benjisales/status/1196260657227862016?s=21
(ice)

BisMarckie

On today of all days.

Now we are engaged in a great forums war, testing whether that community, or any community so conceived and dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that forum might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate — we can not consecrate — we can not hallow — this ground. The brave men men and women persons,living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us — that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion — that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain — that this forum, under God Ketkat, shall have a new birth of freedom — and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
I will, of course, need to take possession of any further The Bire sex videos for the investigation. They can be stored with demi for processing.

:goty2 I'm not even considered... :goty

PogiJones

Make a sister site that lets anyone anonymously post screenshots of any discord server that has members of this forum there and allows for labelling of which discord user is which forum member. Let everyone whistleblow on everyone. 7/8ths of the forum banned within a week but whatever.
I agree, this is the best idea yet.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
How did this thread grow 12 pages overnight? Is something actually happening or are you guys just bored?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

A man turns down visiting a strip club with peers, or turns down a proposal from an attractive woman; "what are you, gay?"

A woman turns down a proposal from a man; "stuck up bitch, lesbian."

So their examples of acephobia are men being homophobic  :hmm

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
It will be interesting to see how the admins deal with this hissy rebellion. If it were my forum, I'd ban all the vocal complainers, and then let the silent majority happily dance on their graves.

#FREESKATKAT.
#BANROYALALUMINIUM.
aloominum

#TriggerTheBrit
I have no dog in that fight, I'm backing a reversion to 'alumium'.

#HUMPHRYWASRIGHT
you're a disgrace to the crown  :steiner

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness

A man turns down visiting a strip club with peers, or turns down a proposal from an attractive woman; "what are you, gay?"

A woman turns down a proposal from a man; "stuck up bitch, lesbian."

So their examples of acephobia are men being homophobic  :hmm

Acephobia is homophobia  :ohhh
(ice)

seagrams hotsauce

god timu sucks ass so bad

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
https://www.resetera.com/threads/shouldn%E2%80%99t-the-republicans-be-figuring-out-their-front-runner.153984/post-26608599
They're betting on their 36% + gerrymandering winning the electoral college again.

this is a top favorite meme

Snoopycat_

I swear these people invent labels every day for the sole purpose of creating imaginary enemies

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Quote from: TheHunter, post: 26608250, member: 1941
Because snark and self depreciation are my weapons.

Found the slayven alt!
If thsi is woh I thikn it is, I got bannend for tellign tihs guy he's an idiot (in a nice way) on orangegaf, always thoguht he was fishy :thinking

benjipwns

everybody get in the pool!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-moderation-staff-is-fucking-up-beyond-belief-on-lgbt-issues.153951/post-26608630
I'm still in the process of reading up on all the things that happened, and frankly, I'm not particularly surprised about all of this, and would like to add in that as member of marginalized groups (gay/demi, Jewish, and less importantly, but still worth mentioning, furry), I generally feel like things such as concerns about representation et al is handled extremely poorly by the staff, particularly on the gaming side (I don't partake much in Ecetera, truth be told). I've encountered pretty blatant bigotry and dismissal of minority concerns within these discussions, and even some of the ones I reported have not been acted upon.

I don't even want to begin talking about the threads shittalking furries whenever they happen to be in the news, like holy shit. Obviously not comparable to the rubbish trans and ace people have to go through, but it's one of the many clear indicators about how the moderation is working with a double standard.
Is this a serious post? I honestly cannot tell. You're starting off by telling an asexual trans person they are factually wrong about an asexual community problem and calling me idiotic. I haven't seen any other posts here quite so disrespectful. I'm autistic and have a hard time with this so please let me know
I hope no one comes at me but i don't think royalan should be de moded, i don't know how to feel about a gay black man being this come after, like yes hes an idiot that shit was 2 YEARS ago, hes also very shitty for acting like him and the other mods were the victims in this.

I bet alot of the people coming after him are white and that shit simply doesnt sit right with me. Someone said he wasnt the one that said the transphobic stuff on he disord so at this point im hoping his opression olympics with ace people has gone away cause he didnt say they werent apart of the queer community. Thats all.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

How did this thread grow 12 pages overnight? Is something actually happening or are you guys just bored?

Literally just caught up:

tl;dr of 12 pages: :no1curr /no1banned/Ceriumisn'toutedasashowerrapistredux

Also: Pogi, post hog in PM bb.

BisMarckie

Re: DOJ |OT| Mission Impossible 2: Fear Of Being Outed As a Secret Acephobe
« Reply #677 on: November 19, 2019, 07:44:32 AM »
As a person with two major knee injuries and a messed up shoulder, you are all valid. I am valid. Everyone is valid. Except shosty.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #678 on: November 19, 2019, 07:48:20 AM »
Do we have a name for this saga yet?  I nominate ReeeeGate, it’s about ethics in forum moderation

benjipwns

« Reply #679 on: November 19, 2019, 07:48:48 AM »
you are all valid. I am valid. Everyone is valid.
Your invalidphobia is not wanted in this safe space. Stop trying to talk over invalid folx.

benjipwns

« Reply #680 on: November 19, 2019, 07:50:35 AM »
Please don't downplay it like that. Corrective rape is a severe issue for asexual people and they can't even drive in Russia. This isn't just general ignorance and people being blunt off the back of it.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #681 on: November 19, 2019, 07:51:40 AM »
Did Cerium self-impeach yet?
©@©™

thisismyusername

« Reply #682 on: November 19, 2019, 07:55:25 AM »
Did Cerium self-impeach yet?

He'll consider SweetNicoles offer to self-impeach.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Hey Seagrams, long time no see. :lol

thisismyusername

Hi, Rah. Did Seagrams give you their account?

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #685 on: November 19, 2019, 07:58:35 AM »
Do we have a name for this saga yet?  I nominate ReeeeGate, it’s about ethics in forum moderation

How about ‘Aces High’?

BisMarckie

« Reply #686 on: November 19, 2019, 07:59:24 AM »
Please don't downplay it like that. Corrective rape is a severe issue for asexual people and they can't even drive in Russia. This isn't just general ignorance and people being blunt off the back of it.

You have to have sex to drive in Russia? How would any government be able to enforce this? Do you have to fuck a police officer while their colleagues watch?

:noah

PogiJones

Maybe if you'd bottom every once in a while you could show him how to do it properly

benjipwns

« Reply #688 on: November 19, 2019, 08:00:58 AM »
I think the site as a whole needs an actual, experienced community director as site staff. While moderators here are human and volunteers, the history of moderation and enforcement of the site's rules has been spotty at best and looked like favoritism at it's worst, and certain topics, such as this one, show deeprooted problems that really need to be solved over the long term and prevented in the future.

I volunteered my time in the past (proper community building, marketing, PR, all areas of expertise this site is currently lacking) when this place was being spun up and got promptly ignored (which is 100% okay!) but I still believe to this day that this place needs experienced guidance on issues such as this, and "winging it" is not, and has not, been working. I really hope a thread like this leads to an open discussion about what needs to happen and an actual proper plan on how to get there.

It is now 2019, almost 2020. Forums and communities as a whole can not be run in the modern area in a style of how they were run 5-10 years ago.

thisismyusername

« Reply #689 on: November 19, 2019, 08:01:12 AM »
Pogi, it's time.

Send TIMU your hog.

Yes, free me from this shit board.

Edit: Actually, wait... the only other person/horcrux would be Esch. :hmm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
/r/readanotherfuckingbook
[close]

PogiJones

« Reply #690 on: November 19, 2019, 08:03:34 AM »

You have to have sex to drive in Russia? How would any government be able to enforce this? Do you have to fuck a police officer while their colleagues watch?

They don't call it a sex drive for nothin'

:rodney

thisismyusername

« Reply #691 on: November 19, 2019, 08:05:05 AM »
Wrath, you don't have to fight my battles for me. :doge

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #692 on: November 19, 2019, 08:05:39 AM »

:ussrcry

(My condolences to anyone who has to get with the guys)

thisismyusername

« Reply #693 on: November 19, 2019, 08:08:05 AM »
I just want you to be happy, bb

I'll never be happy, though. :goty2 Even on meds, I never was happy. :goty2  I should take my own advice to AutistBot.

You've earned that hog.

You'd think. But the "I'M A BREEDER! I'M A BREEDER!" thing. :sigh

PogiJones

« Reply #694 on: November 19, 2019, 08:08:28 AM »
Bottom of page hogyou'renevergettinghogstopasking  :nsfw

[close]

BisMarckie

« Reply #695 on: November 19, 2019, 08:10:03 AM »
:gurl
You are not allowed to make dad jokes unless you have 4 kids and/or you are over 50 years old.

thisismyusername

« Reply #696 on: November 19, 2019, 08:10:43 AM »
:gurl
You are not allowed to make dad jokes unless you have 4 kids and/or you are over 50 years old.

So Mac's the only resident (giant) dad besides Chronovore in that case then? :hmm

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #697 on: November 19, 2019, 08:11:05 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

:ussrcry

(My condolences to anyone who has to get with the guys)
[close]

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #698 on: November 19, 2019, 08:13:24 AM »
You have to have sex to drive in Russia? How would any government be able to enforce this?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #699 on: November 19, 2019, 08:13:41 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #700 on: November 19, 2019, 08:14:27 AM »
Quote from: Thanatos, Community Manager
I don't personally think putting an artificial length of time on how long one could be a moderator would solve much. Mods should be managed and given support/support tools by a proper community director, like any other real established community, and given time off when needed. They should also be given proper guidance in how to deal with even the thorniest of PR issues, as being a moderator also means speaking for a site, the site policies and what the organization stands for.

All in all, this place would benefit from becoming a bit more "professional" so the speak and being run much like how a modern business runs their community. The fact that this hasn't been implemented yet is what's biting the site in the ass right now.

As I said earlier, the site as a whole needs an actual experienced professional in the marketing/PR/community building and management realm.

benjipwns

« Reply #701 on: November 19, 2019, 08:15:17 AM »
Bottom line, if someone who is ace says it's acephobic and offensive then no other viewpoints on the matter, well, matter.
:hmm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #702 on: November 19, 2019, 08:15:25 AM »
I don't personally think putting an artificial length of time on how long one could be a moderator would solve much. Mods should be managed and given support/support tools by a proper community director, like any other real established community, and given time off when needed. They should also be given proper guidance in how to deal with even the thorniest of PR issues, as being a moderator also means speaking for a site, the site policies and what the organization stands for.

All in all, this place would benefit from becoming a bit more "professional" so the speak and being run much like how a modern business runs their community. The fact that this hasn't been implemented yet is what's biting the site in the ass right now.

As I said earlier, the site as a whole needs an actual experienced professional in the marketing/PR/community building and management realm.

POST A LINK TO THIS
:rage
ど助平

Hermit

« Reply #703 on: November 19, 2019, 08:15:31 AM »
God damn, I missed a helluva bomb being dropped.

This shit makes my morning coffee even better.

BisMarckie

« Reply #704 on: November 19, 2019, 08:16:05 AM »

I would respect the hustle, if he wasn’t offering to become a mod for free. :juicy

benjipwns

« Reply #705 on: November 19, 2019, 08:22:37 AM »
This is what all of you are supporting with your cute little Russia images: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fuck-acephobes.153939/post-26609537
Asexuality is persistently seen as a joke or something that can be cured by the right person. It can lead to extremely dangerous situations around relationships, especially with volatile and incendiary partners. They are rarely given validation because it is perceived as a pending state.
God... I remember the first time I vividly ran into acephobia online. There was a tweet being passed around in support of a new, more inclusive lesbian pride flag, because the original one was actually made by a flagrant racist. And I was all on board... until someone in the comments section pointed out that the designer of the new lesbian pride flag had been spewing acephobic drivel on her tumblr for years.
I have an ace friend. When i told my parents about her, they said "well she probably hasnt found the right person". That microcosm represents the invisilibity and indifference ace people receive. A lot of people simply dont understand what they arent.
People are acephobic for the same reasons people are phobic of any sexual orientation or gender variance. They don't understand, leads to fear, leads to big jumps in logic allowing for further harmful behaviour. Etc etc. The two main reasons for aphobia is parents, because they often don't believe that their child could possibly be old enough. Or that it's just a phase. Things you've probably seen crop up elsewhere. The rest that I have experienced is actually from within the queer communities online, in person support groups, and the like where people's ignorance of asexuality allows them to justify saying they aren't queer. Many don't believe in the split attraction model, so to acephobes there is no heterosexual aromantic or asexual heteroromantic it's literally just "Oh these het assholes are trying to invalidate our struggle and infiltrate our community because they want to feel special for not having sex" which ends up getting us called incels which like --- Holy fuck. Not a fan. Our experiences are oversimplified and weaponized against us to keep us from having a place to feel accepted.

Being asexual is a very specific set of othings. There are things it is, and things that it is not. But I have found it difficult to elaborate on the nuance to people who feel typical sexual attraction inasmuch as I fail to grasp a good chunk of society's innate attitudes towards sex. But there are gray areas. Asexuality is supposed to imply a spectrum, but we get oversimplified and wrote as people who are not 'interested' in sex. Which is close but no cigar, because plenty of asexuals might have sex for a number of reasons that don't typically even involve sexual attraction in the first place. I feel like it is much easier to justify dismissal of asexuals because TONS of people choose not to have sex, take breaks, have libido concerns, ED, etc. It's more about attraction, and the nuance is found within the word choice of 'does not feel sexual attraction.' Instead of over simplifying it, it would be helpful to maybe change attitudes of those who are aphobic.
Cishets aren't the problem as much for asexuals. It's the queer community mininmizing us trying to justify treating us like cishets. It is attitudes exactly like yours that make me feel more unsafe. I don't think you're being hostile, I think you are being harmful, abusive, and actively engaging in acephobia and I would like to see you stop, possibly even apologize-- so I take a break from trying to convince the internet my existence is valid.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 08:31:26 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #706 on: November 19, 2019, 08:24:17 AM »
To be fair, things used to be a lot better. We used to have two administrators who were transgender (including myself), plenty of other LGBTQ admins, and a representation closer to 40% of administrators. Today, there's one administrator on staff who is a woman, no transgender administrators, to the best of my knowledge. Not sure about the rest of the LGBTQ among administrators, but it is certainly far less than what it was previously.

Change, particularly among staff, starts at the top, and administrators are the ones who set and determine the policies that the forum is moderated by. I think rotating mods would actually be harmful in the grand scheme of things because being a mod requires very specific skill sets, isn't for everyone, and is extremely easy to abuse or mess up. I'm all for more diversification in the administration though. It was something I championed for even while I was on the admin team and we we were doing better, and it is needed now more than ever.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #707 on: November 19, 2019, 08:25:06 AM »
KetKat other than Resetera has really no digital footprint no twitter, nothing. What if the real twist is that she is just a head mate of Robins?

Also bitterNicole a member who destroyed the Steam community and further baited with the "MW2 Boycott" going around acting like her shit doesn't stink is absolutely insane.

I think moderation are actually letting the crazies just fight this one out until they're all tired and then will come back and black bag and tag (duration pending) on the ring leaders.

thisismyusername

« Reply #708 on: November 19, 2019, 08:26:00 AM »
Bottom of page hogyou'renevergettinghogstopasking  :nsfw

[close]

See what I mean, Wrath?

All these fake breeder allies: "Oh I respect your sexuality!"
"I find your attractive!"
"I'M ONLY SIXTEEN! I'M ONLY SIXTEEN! I'M A BREEDER! I'M A BREEDER!"

*sigh* Faux-progressives, so fake.

(Not necessarily an attack on Pogi, just something I've noticed)

I would respect the hustle, if he wasn’t offering to become a mod for free. :juicy

Shost should make this their avatar, tbh.

benjipwns

« Reply #709 on: November 19, 2019, 08:28:04 AM »
he's trying
In the professional world of product marketing, public relations and community management, feedback about moderation, moderators and approaches to thread moderation should be welcomed and invited, and all of that feedback would head to someone in charge of parsing it, pulling out the important information and making community improvement/action plans based off the feedback. This would create a system where moderators are allowed to focus on doing their jobs efficiently while community members can also feel like they are being listened to and followed up on in a way that shows actionable change.

This is usually bolstered by ideas such as monthly community chats to talk about community direction and other ideas along those lines.

These ideas aren't "pie in the sky" or things that seem nice on paper. They are all fully achievable.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #710 on: November 19, 2019, 08:28:28 AM »
god you're so fucking boring. whata pussay

thisismyusername

« Reply #711 on: November 19, 2019, 08:29:23 AM »
god you're so fucking boring. whata pussay

Post hog, Seagrams. <3

benjipwns

« Reply #712 on: November 19, 2019, 08:29:48 AM »
Every single member of staff that has been a part of this should step down and make way for actual professional community managers. All of this reminds me of an old private Ragnarok Online forum, where the staff were just one big immature clique.

BisMarckie

« Reply #713 on: November 19, 2019, 08:31:10 AM »
Every single member of staff that has been a part of this should step down and make way for actual professional community managers. All of this reminds me of an old private Ragnarok Online forum, where the staff were just one big immature clique.

And Mexico Neogaf will pay for it!

Snoopycat_

« Reply #714 on: November 19, 2019, 08:31:42 AM »
 Sweet Nicole  - "being a mod requires very specific skill sets"

:crowdlaff

Ghoul

« Reply #715 on: November 19, 2019, 08:32:28 AM »
I see the Benji universe has not slept in like two days now to bring us all the hottest take quotes

:salute (They should make a Russian one I feel like this would offend you)

Hermit

« Reply #716 on: November 19, 2019, 08:33:32 AM »
please no bully

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #717 on: November 19, 2019, 08:35:47 AM »
im not gonna read all this shit you people posted but just wanted to point out

:mindblown

Ghoul

« Reply #718 on: November 19, 2019, 08:36:10 AM »
""

is this acephobia?
                       /
                     /
 :isthis

benjipwns

« Reply #719 on: November 19, 2019, 08:36:37 AM »
Please ensure that all hog is directed through the proper channels of the Mod Special Counsel. All hog must be evaluated by qualified staff with a special skill set to determine if hog is acephobic or not. This is NOT, we repeat NOT, something for regular members to er... uh... take into their own hands.