Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898275 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: DOJ |OT| We get it, you’re woke
« Reply #1860 on: November 21, 2019, 11:02:20 AM »
the next two posts say the same thing yet didn't get any rage. :lol

Thanksgiving, even more so than Christmas, has absolutely nothing to do with its origin at this point. It's one of the few times a year everyone in the family is able to get together and enjoy each others company, eat until your stuffed, and be thankful for what you have. Nothing is going to change that and trying to make people feel shitty about it is ridiculous and futile. By all means, fight for another day of remembrance for Native Americans and the atrocities that have been heaped upon them, but the fourth Thursday in November ain't it.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/since-its-november-annual-reminder-thanksgiving-is-a-problematic-holiday-celebrates-a-myth-of-colonialism-and-white-proprietorship-of-the-u-s.154314/post-26686800

I don‘t think imposing this white guilt about Thanksgiving is necessary. Watching the Detroit Lions is suffering enough.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/since-its-november-annual-reminder-thanksgiving-is-a-problematic-holiday-celebrates-a-myth-of-colonialism-and-white-proprietorship-of-the-u-s.154314/post-26687089

Clockwork5

« Reply #1861 on: November 21, 2019, 11:03:37 AM »
Imagine being progressive, an ally if you will, and choosing to spend your time volunteering for a video game message board instead of something worthwhile to the cause. Then imagine hating every moment you have to heard the cats. You are as draconian as you possibly could be, then about 25 users spend the better part of a week disrupting the entire site,  saying you are doing them a disservice by not being draconian enough.

Tip: If you want to volunteer your time to help the cause join Big Brothers Big Sisters, get off that silly board and do something that makes you feel good and change someone’s life. Stop babysitting a bunch of 35 year old children.

Pro Tip: if you need 84 months to pay off a $15,000 car at 7% you shouldn’t be spending all of your time on a message board anyway. You should be asking your manager for some extra shifts at Popeye’s.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1862 on: November 21, 2019, 11:03:38 AM »
"Never forget that the USA is mass grave of indigenous and non-white people so you and your family can eat turkey and watch a huge TV Day."

We have fun here!

BisMarckie

« Reply #1863 on: November 21, 2019, 11:08:33 AM »
I spent many of my past Thanksgivings doing volunteer work with the Salvation Army holding a dinner which was free for anyone that came

Dogpile incoming!

Hermit

« Reply #1864 on: November 21, 2019, 11:08:54 AM »
I'd rather complain about what happened 400 years ago on an online forum instead of actually volunteering or enjoying my life

paprikastaude

« Reply #1865 on: November 21, 2019, 11:15:34 AM »
Imagine being progressive, an ally if you will, and choosing to spend your time volunteering for a video game message board instead of something worthwhile to the cause. Then imagine hating every moment you have to heard the cats. You are as draconian as you possibly could be, then about 25 users spend the better part of a week disrupting the entire site,  saying you are doing them a disservice by not being draconian enough.

Tip: If you want to volunteer your time to help the cause join Big Brothers Big Sisters, get off that silly board and do something that makes you feel good and change someone’s life. Stop babysitting a bunch of 35 year old children.

Pro Tip: if you need 84 months to pay off a $15,000 car at 7% you shouldn’t be spending all of your time on a message board anyway. You should be asking your manager for some extra shifts at Popeye’s.

Why work, when I can be considered a hero for shilling for children's movies on the internet?  :expert

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #1866 on: November 21, 2019, 11:16:01 AM »
I spent many of my past Thanksgivings doing volunteer work with the Salvation Army holding a dinner which was free for anyone that came

Dogpile incoming!

Already dead.

paprikastaude

« Reply #1867 on: November 21, 2019, 11:18:09 AM »

Thanksgiving, even more so than Christmas, has absolutely nothing to do with its origin at this point. It's one of the few times a year everyone in the family is able to get together and enjoy each others company, eat until your stuffed, and be thankful for what you have. Nothing is going to change that and trying to make people feel shitty about it is ridiculous and futile. By all means, fight for another day of remembrance for Native Americans and the atrocities that have been heaped upon them, but the fourth Thursday in November ain't it.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/since-its-november-annual-reminder-thanksgiving-is-a-problematic-holiday-celebrates-a-myth-of-colonialism-and-white-proprietorship-of-the-u-s.154314/post-26686800

I don‘t think imposing this white guilt about Thanksgiving is necessary. Watching the Detroit Lions is suffering enough.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/since-its-november-annual-reminder-thanksgiving-is-a-problematic-holiday-celebrates-a-myth-of-colonialism-and-white-proprietorship-of-the-u-s.154314/post-26687089

They don't contain "woke", the worst dogwhistle since "both sides"  :shaking

Hermit

« Reply #1868 on: November 21, 2019, 11:19:18 AM »
Quote from: Weltall Zero, post: 26690213, member: 8546

Forcing Royalan, a gay black mod, to step down, because of a pretty inoccuous comment made years ago in a different forum; a comment I could have probably made myself at some point in time, is some grade A bullshit. I fail to see how this makes Era a more inclusive place, like, at all.

"Witch hunt" is a term I hate, but I can't not see it being perfectly applicable here. I'm extremely disappointed with the bloodlust at display and the generalized thankless fuckery directed at the mod team.

:ufup

BisMarckie

« Reply #1869 on: November 21, 2019, 11:23:51 AM »
None of the men in the movie have sex with each other?

Not going to watch that shit. :hmph

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1870 on: November 21, 2019, 11:25:01 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Peak :reeeee 

Props to the moderator for closing it, though- imagine what would have happened to this poor idiot if he turned in a paper with resetera.com as the source.
 :donot
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 11:29:24 AM by pork »
ど助平

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1871 on: November 21, 2019, 11:25:31 AM »
It’s a beautifully shot film that will be enjoyable for modern car buyers and enthusiasts alike — engines rev, tires squeal, stopwatches click. But what I saw is a devastating picture of the lack of diversity that permeated the industry in the 1960s.

Yes, god forbid the movie be accurate

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1872 on: November 21, 2019, 11:25:52 AM »
I'll wait for the gender-swapped reboot.
©@©™

Hermit

« Reply #1873 on: November 21, 2019, 11:29:49 AM »
What the fuck do these people expect in a historically accurate movie?

jorma

« Reply #1874 on: November 21, 2019, 11:31:18 AM »

While true, those two posters also didn't minimise ree's contribution by suggesting that they should step outside and actually do something instead of forming dogpiles on a forum.

i choose to believe that this is what actually sent them into a report-frenzy.  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1875 on: November 21, 2019, 11:31:27 AM »
I'll wait for the gender-swapped reboot.

Her name is Shelby.

:hmph

Clockwork5

« Reply #1876 on: November 21, 2019, 11:35:12 AM »
RE: A Case Study. 1 Member, 2 Posts.

From “Nail Royalan to the cross” -the thread
No, that's exactly what he's saying, that being a minority shields you from your actions and that criticizing them for being a bigot is in some way bigoted itself.

Royalan stepping down was the right choice, his comment was stupid and hurtful, it was only two years ago, nobody is entitled to being a moderator on an internet forum and he's still around to show us he's learned from his mistakes if he has. We're not re-litigating this in here so go whine about cancel culture somewhere else.

From “What would make you happy” - the thread
Do you know any cute strong athletic girls who are into weak emotionally crippled losers with no self-esteem and serious anxiety issues

These are the “losers” you are placating. This is who you have sacrificed Royalan in order to keep around.
:gamer

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1877 on: November 21, 2019, 11:45:03 AM »
Do you know any cute strong athletic girls who are into weak emotionally crippled losers with no self-esteem and serious anxiety issues

But for real tho, if anyone knows of any, hmu
©@©™

Propagandhim

« Reply #1878 on: November 21, 2019, 11:47:42 AM »
RE: A Case Study. 1 Member, 2 Posts.

From “Nail Royalan to the cross” -the thread
No, that's exactly what he's saying, that being a minority shields you from your actions and that criticizing them for being a bigot is in some way bigoted itself.

Royalan stepping down was the right choice, his comment was stupid and hurtful, it was only two years ago, nobody is entitled to being a moderator on an internet forum and he's still around to show us he's learned from his mistakes if he has. We're not re-litigating this in here so go whine about cancel culture somewhere else.

From “What would make you happy” - the thread

These are the “losers” you are placating. This is who you have sacrificed Royalan in order to keep around.
:gamer

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #1879 on: November 21, 2019, 11:48:38 AM »
I mean at least our relationship thread occasionally has someone actually go meet up with a girl who actually wants to hang out with them,
last success story we saw on Resetera Relationship thread was that Messofanego was forcing a poor girl to marry him :(

thetylerrob

« Reply #1880 on: November 21, 2019, 11:55:27 AM »
Hollywood only demands accuracy when it comes to historical stories about white people;  but continues to cast white actors in various ethnicity (or using vaguely ethnic looking people for any non-white character.)

I don't think any of it should be a big deal; but it shouldn't be a big deal to have a woman or a non-white man play an executive in a movie about the 1960s either.  Yet the same people defending Emma Stone playing a Hawaiian would probably be in an uproar if you had a black woman executive in Ford vs. Ferrari.
What if you have a galaxy brain and you think both are stupid? Stop erasing non binaries!  :brain

Relevant news story that made me laugh yesterday: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/11/20/julia-roberts-harriet-tubman-suggestion/

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1881 on: November 21, 2019, 12:05:37 PM »
Love this Ford vs Ferrari review.

Picture this: During all 152 minutes of the film–which, for those who love vintage racing cars, will feel as good as an ice cream sundae on a summer afternoon, and you can read all about that here–men dominate the screen for 98% of the time, by my unofficial count. They are in the executive suites at Ford and Ferrari, in the workshops and garages in Venice, on the track out at Willow Springs Raceway. (And when I say men, I mean white, straight men.)

What the movie really lacked was a side story about Marge and Lisa buying a doorbell

thetylerrob

« Reply #1882 on: November 21, 2019, 12:17:37 PM »
Hollywood only demands accuracy when it comes to historical stories about white people;  but continues to cast white actors in various ethnicity (or using vaguely ethnic looking people for any non-white character.)

I don't think any of it should be a big deal; but it shouldn't be a big deal to have a woman or a non-white man play an executive in a movie about the 1960s either.  Yet the same people defending Emma Stone playing a Hawaiian would probably be in an uproar if you had a black woman executive in Ford vs. Ferrari.
What if you have a galaxy brain and you think both are stupid? Stop erasing non binaries!  :brain

Relevant news story that made me laugh yesterday: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/11/20/julia-roberts-harriet-tubman-suggestion/
Don't get me wrong, I'd react to seeing a black executive on screen in a movie like Ford vs Ferrari, but what if after some time of that being "normal" my brain stopped reacting to that?   And if the general public had that normalized, maybe we'd END RACISM?

Don't you want to end racism?
I think some people actually believe that this is an end that should be pursued, but in my mind casting a bunch of white dudes and making no mention of the structural racism that make the casting accurate (because it's not what the movie is about) is less offensive than casting a minority in a historically implausible role and making no mention of it. (because it's not what the movie is about) It's a weird area where it makes you feel good because a role was given to a minority actor and that's objectively good, but it's doing so by implicitly white washing historical realities that would make it implausible.

skullstorm

« Reply #1883 on: November 21, 2019, 12:18:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-moderation-staff-is-fucking-up-beyond-belief-on-lgbt-issues.153951/page-40#post-26679815

Quote from: Angie22
Quote from: excelsiorlef
I'd consider it
If you become a mod I will make gifs for you.

:aah

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1884 on: November 21, 2019, 12:29:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/japanese-games-and-cultural-appropriation.154390/
Obviously I'm not against Asian characters, in fact we need more of them from Western developed games, I just don't like the lack of representation of the people they take influences from. If the West developed a game, based on Japanese culture, myth, and geography yet all the characters, despite having Japanese names, were distinctly western there'd be massive uproar.

well ackshually Heavenly Sword was hailed by sony gaf as a master piece and the true Next Gen Starts Here moment, its quality being so evident that it was worthy of being on the TV show heroes before release
:expert

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1885 on: November 21, 2019, 12:30:49 PM »
Quote from: Weltall Zero, post: 26690213, member: 8546

Forcing Royalan, a gay black mod, to step down, because of a pretty inoccuous comment made years ago in a different forum; a comment I could have probably made myself at some point in time, is some grade A bullshit. I fail to see how this makes Era a more inclusive place, like, at all.

"Witch hunt" is a term I hate, but I can't not see it being perfectly applicable here. I'm extremely disappointed with the bloodlust at display and the generalized thankless fuckery directed at the mod team.

:ufup

mfw when I agree with a weltall zero post :goty2

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1886 on: November 21, 2019, 12:34:35 PM »

While true, those two posters also didn't minimise ree's contribution by suggesting that they should step outside and actually do something instead of forming dogpiles on a forum.

i choose to believe that this is what actually sent them into a report-frenzy.  :lol

How miserable do you have to be to try and hashtag-CANCEL a day usually spent with family and feasting that's so far removed from any colonial origins at this point?
^_^

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1887 on: November 21, 2019, 12:35:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-moderation-staff-is-fucking-up-beyond-belief-on-lgbt-issues.153951/page-40#post-26679815

Quote from: Angie22
Quote from: excelsiorlef
I'd consider it
If you become a mod I will make gifs for you.

:aah

Maybe the true Neogaf was the troll accounts we banned along the way.
©@©™

Averon

« Reply #1888 on: November 21, 2019, 12:42:20 PM »

How miserable do you have to be to try and hashtag-CANCEL a day usually spent with family and feasting that's so far removed from any colonial origins at this point?

A lot of these people literally celebrate isolating themselves from their family and friends and encourage others to do so. There's been multiple threads with them bragging about how they cut their family from their lives for often petty political disagreements. The holiday season must be especially aggravating and depressing for them. They are miserable people that want to spread the misery around to others under the guise of "fighting colonialism."

nudemacusers

« Reply #1889 on: November 21, 2019, 12:46:46 PM »
People can change in that time, there's no set time minimum on evolving one's stances.
Jot this one down
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #1890 on: November 21, 2019, 12:59:46 PM »
Eraisms

- we want to see women naked but how dare you talk about women being naked
- we want you to appreciate women’s beauty but you are sexist if you go out of the way to call a woman beautiful
- we want you to stop punching down in comedies , we don’t care what minorities think of those comedies
- Conservatives are the worst of Americans due to their hate, I respond to racism by slamming a woman head first onto the pavement
- we need politics to move further left.. why is America so dumb they voted for Trump over Warren
- Lol follow the rules and TOS, but unban ketkat please
- people never learn , their old views are more relevant then new ones
- thinking of gay marriage as not real marriage is homophobic, there will be no discussion allowed as to why black community dislike gay marriage

Add your observations

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1891 on: November 21, 2019, 01:08:48 PM »
Trans people are among society's most vulnerable, as this thread highlights. I hope - at least in America - we can work together during the next administration to ensure a federal government who can help protect them.

I mean, I don't want to be a dick, but it highlights the exact fucking opposite.
Do the math.

estimated number of homicides in the Us in 2018: 16,214
number of trans listed as murdered in the US in 2018: 31
as a percentage: 0.19%

2016 estimate of trans population of the US: 0.6%

so below even just statistical average of population makeup

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1892 on: November 21, 2019, 01:08:59 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-moderation-staff-is-fucking-up-beyond-belief-on-lgbt-issues.153951/post-26690617

That was literally the argument for unbanning Ketkat!

How can they not see their hypocrisy?

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #1893 on: November 21, 2019, 01:20:33 PM »

I just don't get threads like this.  If you don't like Thanksgiving and/or your family (for whatever reason, it doesn't have to be a "woke" one) just don't go.  I'm pretty sure most of the negative people posting in thread wouldn't be missed anyway.  "Gee it's too bad incelsiorleaf couldn't make it this year, I made a whole tofurkey too!"  Mostly they are just the weird/awkward relatives who sit in the corner of the room staring at their phones and barely eating/drinking anything anyway.

Switters

« Reply #1894 on: November 21, 2019, 01:45:38 PM »
New Thread:

ResetEra Moderation Staff is Fucking Up Beyond Belief on Thanksgiving Issues.

B-Dubs will step down after a picture of him playing a tree in the first Thanks Giving school play surfaces.
troll

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #1895 on: November 21, 2019, 01:47:11 PM »
User banned (duration pending): inflammatory comparison and accusation against other members, recently banned for identical behaviour, and a long history of infractions for hostility and inflammatory accusations

Lol “well if you tell us not to be shitty then we’ll just go back to when things were worse and it’ll be all your fault”

straight out of the alt right playbook. I can’t.

SugarNoodles with a history of history :heh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1896 on: November 21, 2019, 01:57:56 PM »
User banned (duration pending): inflammatory comparison and accusation against other members, recently banned for identical behaviour, and a long history of infractions for hostility and inflammatory accusations

Lol “well if you tell us not to be shitty then we’ll just go back to when things were worse and it’ll be all your fault”

straight out of the alt right playbook. I can’t.

SugarNoodles with a history of history :heh

Invoking the alt-right over fucking burgers  :lol

Switters

« Reply #1897 on: November 21, 2019, 01:59:08 PM »
It's delicious that moderation got shook and Hobbes and Sugar Noodles are some of the first victims.

:delicious
troll

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1898 on: November 21, 2019, 02:00:31 PM »
It's delicious that moderation got shook and Hobbes and Sugar Noodles are some of the first victims.

:delicious

Straight out of the alt-right playbook.
©@©™

Hermit

« Reply #1899 on: November 21, 2019, 02:04:58 PM »
Pouring hours into a forum in the hopes that you'll be propped up as a celebrity/prominent poster, only to be banned and have the community turn on you

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1900 on: November 21, 2019, 02:07:33 PM »
Trans people are among society's most vulnerable, as this thread highlights. I hope - at least in America - we can work together during the next administration to ensure a federal government who can help protect them.

I mean, I don't want to be a dick, but it highlights the exact fucking opposite.
Do the math.

estimated number of homicides in the Us in 2018: 16,214
number of trans listed as murdered in the US in 2018: 31
as a percentage: 0.19%

2016 estimate of trans population of the US: 0.6%

so below even just statistical average of population makeup

Skimming the list

Don't go to Brazil if your trans.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1901 on: November 21, 2019, 02:11:34 PM »

Don't go to Brazil if your trans.

or in need of a lawyer
spoiler (click to show/hide)
, shout outs to my man zatt murdock
[close]

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1902 on: November 21, 2019, 02:18:02 PM »
RedMercury should watch his back if the mods are in a vindictive banpage of annoying as fuck users who latch onto existing communities but aren't actually a member.

Switters

« Reply #1903 on: November 21, 2019, 02:20:26 PM »
RedMercury should watch his back if the mods are in a vindictive banpage of annoying as fuck users who latch onto existing communities but aren't actually a member.

Joker's hat-trick
troll

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1904 on: November 21, 2019, 02:22:21 PM »
Oh Sugar Noodles too :neogaf

Perfect :delicious
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1905 on: November 21, 2019, 02:24:26 PM »
HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU MANBABIES STILL SO BUTTHURT ABOUT THIS?

Alot of his movies are the same note. His comments just sound petty and old man screaming at the clouds.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1907 on: November 21, 2019, 02:34:38 PM »
ERAISM “

“ I did not see a woman more than 23 minutes in a 46 minutes show. Thus there is a problem with the show. “

“ oh wow she got 600 replies to a tweet about complaining about the show”*

* ignores that she only got 51 retweets which shows less people agree with her than those who are responding to her

“ for modern shows to be not bigoted we need 10 minutes for a straight person, 12 minutes for a woman. 12 minutes for a cheeseburger, 12 minutes for a minority” even if the show is about the Declaration of Independence signing

ShutUp

« Reply #1908 on: November 21, 2019, 02:35:48 PM »
First two episodes barely had any human characters.

HUMAN
RIGHTS
ARE

um, human rights? Something like that.

« Reply #1909 on: November 21, 2019, 02:38:08 PM »
ERA: the Robot should have been a cheeseburger

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1910 on: November 21, 2019, 02:39:22 PM »
That dude who made the Thanksgiving thread is disabled and has often spoken about how poor he is. I used to see all of his downer threads and think “Jesus dude wtf is your problem?” But since I’ve seen him talk about his life in a couple threads I’m just like “Whatever gets you through the day man, you’ve been dealt a shitty hand...”
Ah shit, didn't even notice that was ksweeley

I despise the dude's posting habits but happy to cut him some slack.

Another person I have to feel less hate for.  And you know that juice fuels me.

Yeah, his avatar looks like he's in a back brace or something. 

His disability is that he has "Aspergers" and in any case he lives with his parents so his $12,500 a year is free money for his fetishes but he still bitches about it being unfair. And he regularly works conventions all over the country. He went to like every BronyCon.

I can't believe you idiots actually "feel sorry" because an person who is a complete idiot turns out to actually be a complete idiot. Get over yourselves you fucking pussies or this is what I'll be doing to you:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 02:46:48 PM by benjipwns »

ShutUp

« Reply #1912 on: November 21, 2019, 02:48:00 PM »
Lead of new trilogy is a woman, lead character in Rogue One was a woman. Leia is a beloved woman character.

Not good enough it seems.

Ghoul

« Reply #1913 on: November 21, 2019, 02:48:05 PM »
Jawas are all white small men, think the bagel boss.

FUCKING DISGUSTING

« Reply #1914 on: November 21, 2019, 02:49:22 PM »
Jawas are all white small men, think the bagel boss.

FUCKING DISGUSTING
Transgender white men

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1915 on: November 21, 2019, 02:51:53 PM »
jawx :wag

Ghoul

« Reply #1916 on: November 21, 2019, 02:52:08 PM »
Pretty sure metaphorically he killed a feminist to steal an egg so he could carry on his pillaging of space.

:stop

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1917 on: November 21, 2019, 02:52:54 PM »
wait, are they mad at the one good star war made in the last 40 years?  :lol

Ghoul

« Reply #1918 on: November 21, 2019, 02:55:59 PM »
wait, are they mad at the one good star war made in the last 40 years?  :lol

Filler, dawg, it’s about ethics in hate clicks.

It’s the new hot show, you gotta find an issue with it in an attempt to get a consultant position on the show.

FStop7

« Reply #1919 on: November 21, 2019, 02:56:36 PM »
Anita Dollar back oh her grift, I see.