Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 888178 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: DOJ |OT| Mission Impossible 2: Fear Of Being Outed As a Secret Acephobe
« Reply #1620 on: November 20, 2019, 03:23:41 PM »
Is this the only official response so far? It reads like a prelude to a more significant statement, one that addresses all of the OP and general concerns that have been raised over the course of months.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-moderation-staff-is-fucking-up-beyond-belief-on-lgbt-issues.153951/post-26660435

I get that it can take a while for mods to figure out what needs to be changed but the silence on the matter makes me think nothing is actually being figured out.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-moderation-staff-is-fucking-up-beyond-belief-on-lgbt-issues.153951/post-26660676

Waiting for people to forget and move on?

Not going to happen. Our core concerns have not been addressed.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-moderation-staff-is-fucking-up-beyond-belief-on-lgbt-issues.153951/post-26660815

it's been 12 hours and they are frothing all over again :lol

they will never be satisfied. tvc was right, mod capitulation is gonna lead to some excellent fuckery
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:29:36 PM by nachobro »

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #1621 on: November 20, 2019, 03:30:08 PM »
I mean these are the same people who can’t order a pizza over the phone without having a panic attack. :trumps

DO YOU KNOW WHAT CAN HAPPEN IN 30 MINUTES?  :six:

BisMarckie

« Reply #1622 on: November 20, 2019, 03:30:09 PM »
You still owe me a busty thot gif instead of that care post you promised. :ufup

paprikastaude

« Reply #1623 on: November 20, 2019, 03:32:57 PM »

can't wait to know what games are honored in this very important event, during which all participants clearly aren't embarrased to participate in.

ShutUp

« Reply #1624 on: November 20, 2019, 03:33:06 PM »
Quote from: Hobbes, post: 26659210, member: 18944

hahaha yeah, threatening people is so funny, hahaha, right guys? I'm totally being hilarious when i say im gonna fucking punch this lady over here hahaha

Fuck this dumb ass clown.

wasn't hobbes saying some shit about bodying a woman due to a racist remark earlier?

He tweeted he’d basically let his mother get beat if she dropped an n-bomb, yes.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1625 on: November 20, 2019, 03:35:46 PM »
I can't wait till excel and kyuuji are mods because there's only two possible outcomes:

A ) A mass graveyard of bans happens.

B ) Nothing changes so people start asking for their heads.

C ) One of them is outraged about some innocuous statement from one of their fellow internet janitors (AMAB) and starts leaking screenshots from the safe space to the safe space of the private mods only discord.
 :rejoice
Spud

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #1626 on: November 20, 2019, 03:35:48 PM »
You still owe me a busty thot gif instead of that care post you promised. :ufup

Take this  :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

ShutUp

« Reply #1627 on: November 20, 2019, 03:37:09 PM »
Excel as a mod needs to happen at this point. Straight crackers on ERA beware.

Actually, maybe that’s why Hobbes is  :ego ‘ing so hard. Wants to be spared her wrath when the purge happens.

ShutUp

« Reply #1628 on: November 20, 2019, 03:39:11 PM »
newer members: having less than 1,000 posts in November 2019 

era: :punch

Fixed. Much more accurate tbh

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1629 on: November 20, 2019, 03:47:02 PM »
a lot of universities have hate speech codes to restrict that shit instead of entertaining them

why on earth would anyone want to have "an exchange of ideas" with a bigot on a video game forum
The idea is to avoid an "echochamber", which is just bananas.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-moderation-staff-is-fucking-up-beyond-belief-on-lgbt-issues.153951/post-26662311

ya who would want to avoid that?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1630 on: November 20, 2019, 03:51:07 PM »
Additionally, I agree that a google search does not do justice. If I need to understand these marginalized communities better, I often sit back and listen, but sometimes I need something clarified and that sometimes includes moments where I'm not sure what to type into Google to have my specific question answered.

I totally understand the sentiment to not want to answer questions about yourself or the marginalized community you belong to because you're not obligated to answer those questions and the people asking the questions are not owed an answer.

I also understand as someone in a marginalized community myself that if more representation and acceptance of my marginalized community that a level of understanding from those not in that marginalized community is required and is 100% beneficial.

This is pretty great.

:ego

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1631 on: November 20, 2019, 03:55:03 PM »
Didn't really think about this till now.

-Big C is the out of sight owner sharing little of what goes behind the scenes
-Volunteers are doing all the heavy lifting and managing the flock for free
-Ad revenue + ClEaRAsil revenue brings in an unspecified amount and is never alluded to
-Big C is pocketing those funds whilst offloading work to the volunteers

Hahahaha, this shit is CAPITALISM  :lol
The website direction is intended to carry in whatever direction is profitable, get that free labour from people who wanna play hall monitor in a Safe Place. Woke capitalism.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1632 on: November 20, 2019, 03:59:22 PM »
I only absorb small bits of what is happening there, mainly just in it for drama guilty pleasure, so I was slow to catch onto the racket

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1633 on: November 20, 2019, 04:20:05 PM »
I bet royalanspierre didn't even get a gift basket

Vertigo

« Reply #1634 on: November 20, 2019, 04:34:51 PM »
I bet royalanspierre didn't even get a gift basket

I look forward to his heel turn.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1635 on: November 20, 2019, 04:47:51 PM »
A Google search isn't an effective or efficient means of learning for everyone. Many people learn better from discussion and dialogue, which is why Q&A interaction has been a pillar of pedagogy for millennia.
This is not our problem to solve and ResetEra is not a university, it's a gaming forum. They can get the shit you're suggesting elsewhere. This forum and the people who make it are under no obligation to be all things educational to all people. Being a safe space for minorities is a lofty enough goal as it is. Your pushback here is evidence of that.

SO WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DIPSHITS TALKING ABOUT SAFE SPACES FOR MINORITIES IF ITS JUST A GAMING FORUM HOLY SHIT

:neogaf

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1636 on: November 20, 2019, 04:51:53 PM »
The past few days have been exhausting for both sides of this. It's not going to happen immediately, like tomorrow or anything, while tensions are still running high. We need time to determine what all needs to be addressed, what other topics of discussion are relevant, and options for moving forward.

We want this to happen, but we also want this to happen at a time when the discussion can be productive.

:trigger :trigger :trigger :trigger :trigger :trigger

not slick

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1637 on: November 20, 2019, 04:52:05 PM »
Honestly, if you have a functioning REEEsetera account and aren't agitating for full accountability of where the money is going and also for Ketkat, Incelshit and Hobbes to be made mods, then what are you waiting for?
Spud

NinjaDeath

« Reply #1638 on: November 20, 2019, 05:01:39 PM »
I mean... this is sort of why resetera was made? This forum was made since the old forum stopped being a safe space. If you want a video game forum without protection for minorities, go back to NeoGAF tbqh.

ResetEra wasn’t made to be the minority safe space haven.   It was made to be a video game forum not run by a sexual predator.    It just so happened that hey it’s open to everyone and you won’t be able to be a bigot here.   No where in the fine print did it say the Trans community is the top priority. 

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1641 on: November 20, 2019, 05:22:25 PM »
It's funny to me since me and my relatives now do Thanksgiving and other various 2nd generation immigration families I know do likewise. (Canada's Thanksgiving is in October)
You've been colonized and culturally appropriated, white people. 

BisMarckie

« Reply #1642 on: November 20, 2019, 05:24:17 PM »
Quote from: DIZ
I see that everyone is ready to play dumb and uninvolved at the table again this year when they should be adjusting people.

DIZ is from the UK btw and sure as hell won't do that himself. :heh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1643 on: November 20, 2019, 05:24:37 PM »
I mean... this is sort of why resetera was made? This forum was made since the old forum stopped being a safe space. If you want a video game forum without protection for minorities, go back to NeoGAF tbqh.

ResetEra wasn’t made to be the minority safe space haven.   It was made to be a video game forum not run by a sexual predator.    It just so happened that hey it’s open to everyone and you won’t be able to be a bigot here.   No where in the fine print did it say the Trans community is the top priority. 

The oppression Olympics have been run and won.

The BCT took an early lead with a series of outrages about police brutality, but some Juicy Smollett-related stumbles enabled the LGBTQI+ community to catch up through sheer force of complaining about made up oppression in their own echochamber.

But in a mid-event revolt, the trans community executed a perfect backstab maneuver to spilt away from their former team and execute one of the protectors/mods of both the BCT and gay communities to vault itself off the back of the asexual community and into the lead where it is currently forcing the moderators to suck their female penii as they dictate terms about how the rest of the event is going to play now that they are writing the rules.

Meanwhile, the host broadcaster, Cerium LLC, is sitting back as the mods take a brutal beating on his behalf and counting the cash as the ad revenue rolls in.
Spud

NinjaDeath

« Reply #1644 on: November 20, 2019, 05:30:39 PM »
Did Royalan really even step down?  He still has the mod title. 

Averon

« Reply #1645 on: November 20, 2019, 05:33:12 PM »
Did Royalan really even step down?  He still has the mod title.

That Royalan trying to be slick hoping they'd forget his "resignation" in a few weeks :ufup

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1646 on: November 20, 2019, 05:34:44 PM »
If Royalan doesn’t step down and waits the two days for the idiots to forget about this, he gets bonus points in my book.
serge

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #1648 on: November 20, 2019, 05:39:48 PM »
Imagine running a forum and spending most of your time in a thread about another forum because your posters are too shit to make their own content

:pika

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #1649 on: November 20, 2019, 05:41:27 PM »
Thinking people actually give a fuck about Thanksgiving and not using it as an excuse to enjoy a 4 day weekend, time with family, and eat large amounts of food without feeling too guilty. Not to mention taking advantage of the following Black Friday sales.  :neogaf

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1650 on: November 20, 2019, 06:06:19 PM »
Thinking people actually give a fuck about Thanksgiving and not using it as an excuse to enjoy a 4 day weekend, time with family, and eat large amounts of food without feeling too guilty. Not to mention taking advantage of the following Black Friday sales.  :neogaf

I mean what is there to "give thanks," about? "Oh thank you for giving me this job that pays me jack-shit and takes up 80% of my waking hours 80% of my week?"

Nah, I'm all about that stampeding on a poor old lady that decided to stay in front of a glass retail door. :phil

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1651 on: November 20, 2019, 06:10:10 PM »
We get it, you’re woke
https://www.resetera.com/threads/since-its-november-annual-reminder-thanksgiving-is-a-problematic-holiday-celebrates-a-myth-of-colonialism-and-white-proprietorship-of-the-u-s.154314/post-26664599

:lol

ksweely mad af that he's being mocked
I made this thread in an attempt to educate people about the actual history surrounding Thanksgiving, this history is NOT the history that was taught to people in schools:

The true story behind Thanksgiving is a bloody struggle that decimated the population and ended with a head on a stick

• Most American schoolchildren grow up with the story of how the English pilgrims and Native Americans came together for the first Thanksgiving in Plymouth.

• In reality, peace didn't last between the English settlers and their one-time Wampanoag allies.

• The two became embroiled in a devastating war just a generation after the famous feast.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/since-its-november-annual-reminder-thanksgiving-is-a-problematic-holiday-celebrates-a-myth-of-colonialism-and-white-proprietorship-of-the-u-s.154314/post-26664641

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1652 on: November 20, 2019, 06:13:41 PM »
    "there is nothing problematic this holiday"

can someone please explain to me, in about say, essay length level, why it's obvious to y'all that Black Pete is racist, but your own racist traditions are suddenly totally not racist when any asshole on the other side of the Atlantic (hi!) can see that it is?

Because people aren’t dressing up like pilgrims or native Americans and talking about how great the pilgrims treated the native Americans.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/since-its-november-annual-reminder-thanksgiving-is-a-problematic-holiday-celebrates-a-myth-of-colonialism-and-white-proprietorship-of-the-u-s.154314/post-26665445

next outraged protest thread over not being respected in 3, 2, 1...

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1653 on: November 20, 2019, 06:17:59 PM »
We get it, you’re woke
https://www.resetera.com/threads/since-its-november-annual-reminder-thanksgiving-is-a-problematic-holiday-celebrates-a-myth-of-colonialism-and-white-proprietorship-of-the-u-s.154314/post-26664599

:lol

It's hilarious that he just randomly dropped the info that the Philadelphia police came up with the name "Black Friday".

The name "Black Friday" was created by the Philadelphia Police:
“Black Friday” is the name which the Philadelphia Police Department has given to the Friday following Thanksgiving Day. It is not a term of endearment to them. “Black Friday” officially opens the Christmas shopping season in center city, and it usually brings massive traffic jams and over-crowded sidewalks as the downtown stores are mobbed from opening to closing.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/since-its-november-annual-reminder-thanksgiving-is-a-problematic-holiday-celebrates-a-myth-of-colonialism-and-white-proprietorship-of-the-u-s.154314/post-26664358

Like... ok? Is that supposed to be problematic?

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #1654 on: November 20, 2019, 06:19:52 PM »
There isn't a culture or race of people on earth that isn't responsible for the misery of another. No one is innocent, no holiday or cultural celebration would stand up to the scrutiny of the woke. What a bunch of performative garbage.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1655 on: November 20, 2019, 06:22:24 PM »
Sane poster: If you want to demand long bans for not understanding niche minority topics there should be education.
The Kree: This is not our problem to solve and ResetEra is not a university, it's a gaming forum.
Sane poster: So if it's just a gaming forum, why does it need to be a safe space? Couldn't you just make your own safe space forum?
The Kree: Missing the point entirely. But I'd love to see you argue that this shouldn't be a safe space for minorities because it's just a video game forum.

??? ??? ???

yeah this is the dunce i'd want to have the mods ear when deciding how to run things :lol

Vertigo

« Reply #1656 on: November 20, 2019, 06:24:15 PM »
I take it back, this is the most RE thread title

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dear-nintendo-and-cygames-why-do-your-dragons-have-boobs-a-dragalia-lost-thread.154326/

Was just about to post this.

It's come to the point where if I see a rainbow flag on Reeee posting a thread. It's bound to be something that no one sane would even notice or care about.

But that these goofs can stretch into a multi page thread.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1657 on: November 20, 2019, 06:24:47 PM »
back to the big house for ol chris

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1658 on: November 20, 2019, 06:24:53 PM »
There isn't a culture or race of people on earth that isn't responsible for the misery of another. No one is innocent, no holiday or cultural celebration would stand up to the scrutiny of the woke. What a bunch of performative garbage.

sorry sweaty, but wrong

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #1659 on: November 20, 2019, 06:26:50 PM »

sorry sweaty, but wrong

(Image removed from quote.)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1660 on: November 20, 2019, 06:27:32 PM »

He's top tier  8)
🤴

thisismyusername

« Reply #1661 on: November 20, 2019, 06:31:59 PM »
So where was Ami hiding from his parole officer?

sorry sweaty, but wrong

I love how here username is "DESTRUCTION TO AMERIKKKA"

Display name, Sweetie. Her username is her @name.

Occam

« Reply #1662 on: November 20, 2019, 06:34:29 PM »

Bore Expert

« Reply #1663 on: November 20, 2019, 06:35:02 PM »
Hobbes got wacked?

Propagandhim

« Reply #1664 on: November 20, 2019, 06:36:22 PM »
Wasn't there some issue where Chris didn't sign up to the sex offender registry and went AWOL?  I wonder if that's what this is about.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1665 on: November 20, 2019, 06:37:04 PM »

The face of a man that just got drenched in piss :jeb
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #1666 on: November 20, 2019, 06:39:24 PM »
Wasn't there some issue where Chris didn't sign up to the sex offender registry

I thought working for the Hillary Clinton campaign  already takes care of that.  :rodney

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1667 on: November 20, 2019, 06:40:38 PM »

:trumps
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Averon

« Reply #1669 on: November 20, 2019, 06:41:13 PM »
Amir0x is getting a second serving of piss for his Thanksgiving meal.

Propagandhim

« Reply #1670 on: November 20, 2019, 06:41:55 PM »
The only incident he couldn't manage was his own.

:goty2

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1671 on: November 20, 2019, 06:42:05 PM »
“The KReeeeeee” might be my new favorite nickname, 100% represents that manchild.

Averon

« Reply #1672 on: November 20, 2019, 06:42:08 PM »
I guess Hobbes hustle for that protect member status was a dud  :lol

stufte

« Reply #1673 on: November 20, 2019, 06:43:04 PM »
 :dice

BisMarckie

« Reply #1674 on: November 20, 2019, 06:43:07 PM »
#freeHobbes

THIS WAS NOT A SELF REQUESTED BAN

thisismyusername

« Reply #1676 on: November 20, 2019, 06:45:24 PM »
Wasn't there some issue where Chris didn't sign up to the sex offender registry and went AWOL?  I wonder if that's what this is about.

Yes. He violated his parole terms by failing to register where he was living with the sex offender registry.

I'm wondering if he was staying at his mom's and was concerned about her having a huge "WARNING: A FUCKING PEDOPHILE IS LIVING HERE" in her yard and that's why he didn't do it.

NinjaDeath

« Reply #1677 on: November 20, 2019, 06:46:06 PM »
Please tell me Hobbes got banned for back seat modding
Or impersonating a police officer with out a badge or something. 

Also holy shit Amirox, the original drama queen , could you imagine the revolution he would have been leading during KitKatGate

The bullets we dodged with that one.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1678 on: November 20, 2019, 06:46:43 PM »
Knowing Amir0x he was just od'ing on the sidewalk when they picked him up.

:trumps
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1679 on: November 20, 2019, 06:49:19 PM »
Was he out?
He was released after a couple years, went onto the street, then didn't check in (Non-Compliant Transient, hence riotous' title) so now he's back.