Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898213 times)

BisMarckie

Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #5340 on: December 09, 2019, 07:06:10 PM »
Someone lend me some likes please. I will pay them back with 10% interest over the next 7 years.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5341 on: December 09, 2019, 07:08:36 PM »
Someone lend me some likes please. I will pay them back with 10% interest over the next 7 years.
THE PACT IS SEALED

🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #5342 on: December 09, 2019, 07:13:29 PM »
If drug users weren't treated like felons this might have never happened.

Drug trafficking is generally a felony.

Quote from: Muteki
This is an excellent rebuttal if you presume the laws are fixed in place

https://www.resetera.com/threads/juice-wrld-swallowed-percs-trying-to-hide-them-from-the-feds.158195/page-2

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the pilot who was flying Juice's private plane alerted authorities on the ground that the rapper's entourage had guns on them -- a big no-no in air travel. When they landed, FBI and FAA agents were waiting for Juice and company.

We're told at some point between the plane landing and the feds conducting their search ... Juice was seen swallowing several Percocet pills in what people believed was an attempt to hide them. Our sources say the pills might've contributed to his death in a possible OD.

An autopsy was performed on the rapper Monday, but additional testing, including toxicology, cardiac pathology and neuropathology is still needed before determining an official cause.

BTW, we've also learned that paramedics spent 40 minutes treating Juice, primarily trying to get his heart to beat regularly. They eventually transported him, at 2:55 AM, to the hospital. They arrived at 3:06 AM and doctors at the hospital pronounced him dead

FWIW ... we're told the 3 guns seized were all registered. As we reported, the feds also seized 70 lbs. of weed ... allegedly found in multiple vacuum-sealed bags inside luggage from the private jet.

Eres un pendejo, Muteki.

BisMarckie

« Reply #5343 on: December 09, 2019, 07:14:24 PM »
lol as if I won’t back out from that loan and get bailed out by the average Bire like payer. #toobigtofail  8)

Boredfrom

« Reply #5344 on: December 09, 2019, 07:18:50 PM »
His music was basically “I’m heartbroken/depressed so let’s get high as fuck”. And that’s not throwing shade. It’s literally the reason he was my most listened to rapper of 2019.

:brain

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5345 on: December 09, 2019, 07:20:08 PM »
Quote from: TMZ
the rapper's entourage had guns on them -- a big no-no in air travel

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #5346 on: December 09, 2019, 07:21:18 PM »
I'm down with decriminalizing most drugs, and think users absolutely should not be jailed. BUT, this idiot thought he was slick enough to bring guns and 70 fucking pounds of vacuum sealed weed onto a commercial flight. He is a high-tier moron who is now dead because he was a high-tier moron.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5347 on: December 09, 2019, 07:21:18 PM »
yeah its much easier to keep a paper trail for a decade of every bill i ever paid to get approved for a basic loan rather than just getting rewards points and cashback for spending responsibly on a credit card and paying it off while also building credit.

these fucking people :lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 07:25:32 PM by nachobro »

benjipwns

« Reply #5348 on: December 09, 2019, 07:28:03 PM »
I'm against the illegalization of transporting unapproved goods, but when you're caught it's never a good idea to rapidly consume any part of the illegal product in an attempt to hide just that part. Especially when you've got 70 pounds of other illegal product.

I'm assuming it was only a handful or "personal" amount of Percocet since he seems to have taken it all. The feds, of all people, would have never given a shit about that amount. That's a local cops tier care.

benjipwns

« Reply #5349 on: December 09, 2019, 07:31:03 PM »
Juice actually screwed all of them. The feds would have seized the pot, given them a fine and maybe misdemeanors (because they don't particularly care about pot anymore) and likely returned the weapons had nobody DIED from it.

They could have had some low totem pole person take the small hit for having a bit of percocet not prescribed for them. Which the feds would have just thrown away. (Or split among themselves for the ride back to town.)

benjipwns

« Reply #5350 on: December 09, 2019, 07:37:36 PM »
AND WHILE I'M ON THE SUBJECT

This isn't the first time I've seen ResetERA.com (and NeoGAF.com) not understand the complete and utter difference between the feds and regular cops in terms of priorities.

Speaking of which, I love all federal officials in particular and wish no harm to come to any of them ever.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #5351 on: December 09, 2019, 07:47:19 PM »
I'm down with decriminalizing most drugs, and think users absolutely should not be jailed. BUT, this idiot thought he was slick enough to bring guns and 70 fucking pounds of vacuum sealed weed onto a commercial flight. He is a high-tier moron who is now dead because he was a high-tier moron.

I'd decriminalize possession and usage, I see them as victims. And legalize some more drugs, pretty much all the softer stuff.
As for trafficking the harder stuff, shit is poison, they're basically murdering people and just ruining the lives of people with such potential. Opiates are a pretty big issue around here and elsewhere for example. Corporate pill pushers and traffickers alike, death is too merciful.

Rman

« Reply #5352 on: December 09, 2019, 07:48:41 PM »
Midget

adjective
very small or of a class below the usual size.
being a miniature replica or model.

I would say "midget fan" is an appropriate use of the word.

Woke retort: Languages change. What was accepted before is now hurtful. Can't you see that?

BisMarckie

« Reply #5353 on: December 09, 2019, 07:49:08 PM »

This isn't the first time I've seen ResetERA.com (and NeoGAF.com) not understand the complete and utter difference between the feds and regular cops in terms of priorities.

Speaking of which, I love all federal officials in particular and wish no harm to come to any of them ever.

Its probably because the most vocal users on American topics are either Canadian or Dutch. :yuck

Boredfrom

« Reply #5354 on: December 09, 2019, 07:52:11 PM »

Its probably because the most vocal users on American topics are either Canadian or Dutch. :yuck

:thinking

BisMarckie

« Reply #5355 on: December 09, 2019, 07:54:00 PM »
Canada and the Netherlands are the most useless countries and should just be annexed by their neighboring countries. Change my mind.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #5356 on: December 09, 2019, 07:56:33 PM »
lemme guess, next you'll want poland too huh hans?  ::)
you ain't slick

benjipwns

« Reply #5357 on: December 09, 2019, 07:58:35 PM »
Canada wouldn't even be the state with the most electoral votes if annexed and if taken individually as is would only have one (Ontario) crack the top ten. :neogaf

I say let them all in individually and each gets two Senators. :hitler

benjipwns

« Reply #5358 on: December 09, 2019, 08:00:37 PM »
Since I assume this will relight the ResetERA.com fires:
https://slate.com/culture/2019/12/richard-jewell-movie-review-clint-eastwood-true-story.html
Richard Jewell Turns a True Story Into a Libertarian Fable
Clint Eastwood’s new movie makes boogeymen of the government and the media.
Jewell was a victim—of the FBI’s sloppy zeal to catch the criminal, of a merciless media spotlight, and, in Eastwood’s retelling, of his own delusions of grandeur. Played by Paul Walter Hauser (who portrayed similar fantasy-prone mouth-breathers in I, Tonya and BlacKkKlansman), the fictional Jewell does himself no favors by, as one character puts it, “looking like the kind of guy who might set off a bomb.” But despite its conventional framing, Richard Jewell feels less like a biopic than an assertion of a worldview—a Reaganite one in which the most dangerous threats to well-meaning, ordinary-ish white guys like Jewell are big government and an unscrupulous media. The film’s smartest character, Jewell’s eventual lawyer Watson Bryant (Sam Rockwell), boasts a decidedly pre-9/11 poster in his office: “I fear government more than I fear terrorism.” When his Russian-accented assistant (Nina Arianda) muses, “Where I come from, when the government says someone’s guilty, that’s how you know they’re innocent,” you know they’re a match made in libertarian heaven. Meanwhile, the fumbling feds are represented by a pompous FBI agent (Jon Hamm, dripping with Don Draper–ish disdain), who’s more than willing to break the law himself to pin the blame on Jewell.

The government gets off relatively easy compared to the fourth estate, the worst of which is distilled into the vampiric newspaperwoman Kathy Scruggs (Olivia Wilde), who nearly makes Jake Gyllenhaal’s monstrous antihero in Nightcrawler look tame.
Richard Jewell doesn’t make this connection, but in another life, its protagonist could’ve been a Kathy Scruggs—someone whose need for drama and attention was actually paired, however tenuously at times, to talent and discipline. Without blaming Jewell himself for the FBI’s focus on him, the film makes law enforcement’s initial concerns about him understandable. In an early scene, he’s fired from a campus security guard job for cracking down on underage drinking with a fanatic’s devotion—and that’s after he’s caught pulling over cars by impersonating a police officer.

It doesn’t help his case that he’s a spottily employed 33-year-old living with his mother (Kathy Bates, excellent in her few scenes) with a vast firearms collection. (It’s Georgia, he shrugs.) Jewell’s eagerness to cooperate with the FBI—he’s in law enforcement too, he can’t help telling them—leaves him vulnerable to the federal agents’ off-book schemes to get him to confess. His grandiosity also makes the epilogue, in which we find out that he fulfilled his lifelong goal of joining a police department, not exactly the happy ending the filmmakers want to sell us.

But if the feds can’t imagine that Jewell doesn’t lead a second life as a domestic terrorist, Eastwood and Ray have apparent difficulty envisioning an inner life for their protagonist. Perhaps that’s why the film plays out as a tidily concocted buddy drama, with Watson teaching Jewell how to be more skeptical toward the men he’s idolized his entire life (especially when they’re after him) and Jewell demonstrating to his grouchy lawyer that you don’t have to settle under a black cloud just because the world is unfair. The filmmakers display hardly any interest in Watson’s efforts to exonerate his client, which the lawyer handily accomplishes with next to no effort.

More diverting is the increasingly desperate forensics the FBI resorts to in order to build a case against Jewell, though it’s not always clear which tactics are simply thorough, now outdated, or flagrantly illegal. But Richard Jewell has so little to say about its time period or how the culture has shifted that it ends up exposing the relative quaintness of its concerns.
This reviewer knows absolutely nothing about the case. The "lawyer ... accomplishes with next to no effort" because Jewell was never even charged and the FBI never stated he was a suspect. (Although it did publicly proclaim he was not a target of investigation and Janet fucking Reno apologized for the leak.) Jewell did however win multiple judgments against media outlets, including the original paper that named him via "leak" as a suspect and claimed he fit an unsourced profile, because they all absent any law enforcement sources dug into his life and showed how it fit the "profile" of other bombers. The media absolutely went after Jewell harder than the government who apparently should not be blamed either even though they went out of their way to apologize for it all? Plus Jewell DID cooperate with the FBI because he DID want to become a police officer, although he adamantly refused to confess. So this review is complaining that the film was too accurate to events? :lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #5359 on: December 09, 2019, 08:00:53 PM »
Canada and the Netherlands are the most useless countries and should just be annexed by their neighboring countries. Change my mind.
What we now call "Europe" should honestly just be "Western Russia".
What we now call "Canada" should honestly just be "Eastern Russia".

BisMarckie

« Reply #5360 on: December 09, 2019, 08:01:15 PM »
you ain't slick

Poland at least held out longer than 5 days.  :doge

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #5361 on: December 09, 2019, 08:03:32 PM »
Percocet doesn’t do anything for me brehs :fbm

BisMarckie

« Reply #5362 on: December 09, 2019, 08:05:22 PM »
What we now call "Europe" should honestly just be "Western Russia".
What we now call "Canada" should honestly just be "Eastern Russia".

Slow your roll Ivan III.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #5363 on: December 09, 2019, 08:05:30 PM »
shosta raped me

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #5364 on: December 09, 2019, 08:05:49 PM »
Canada wouldn't even be the state with the most electoral votes if annexed and if taken individually as is would only have one (Ontario) crack the top ten. :neogaf

I say let them all in individually and each gets two Senators. :hitler

I curse you to be in charge of integrating the Quebecers into America

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #5365 on: December 09, 2019, 08:07:04 PM »
Somewhere AutistBot is crying and s/h/it doesn't know why:

🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀 https://www.reddit.com/r/TopMindsOfReddit/comments/e89ygb/zoomerright_has_been_banned/ 🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀

benjipwns

« Reply #5366 on: December 09, 2019, 08:08:03 PM »
Have you tried chugging as many as possible like Juice?

benjipwns

« Reply #5367 on: December 09, 2019, 08:08:40 PM »
French Canadians have no human rights.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #5368 on: December 09, 2019, 08:10:10 PM »
you ain't slick

Poland at least held out longer than 5 days.  :doge

The lanklets gambled on brown nosing

BisMarckie

« Reply #5370 on: December 09, 2019, 08:10:23 PM »
FRANCE RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #5371 on: December 09, 2019, 08:11:26 PM »
Have you tried chugging as many as possible like Juice?

I have not, next time I get my wisdom teeth out I’ll give it a shot :doge

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #5372 on: December 09, 2019, 08:13:18 PM »
French Canadians have no human rights.

Your poutine will be spiked

benjipwns

« Reply #5373 on: December 09, 2019, 08:21:59 PM »
Yall...

Dude killed himself. You don't OD on Perc. I don't know if he got set up, but he was supposed to push that weed, and something went upside down. He was going to be facing hella charges, and if someone was snitchin, that means shit was going to go down. He took himself out.
If this was the case and his death would clear everyone from charges, maybe he was murdered. What if they force fed him the perks as a last option?

benjipwns

« Reply #5374 on: December 09, 2019, 08:24:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/you-exist.158049/

now they allowing conspiracy theories?!?

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #5375 on: December 09, 2019, 08:28:43 PM »
I’m still waiting for someone to posit the theory that all 70lbs of weed and the guns were planted by the cops

Snoopycat_

« Reply #5376 on: December 09, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/juice-wrld-dead-at-21-seizure.1514431/#post-256160422

"Rocking the private jet and massive success and you can't just go legit and leave the trafficking to someone else?"

I was the victim of a brainwashing sex cult guize, no really.

benjipwns

« Reply #5377 on: December 09, 2019, 08:30:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/video-nancy-pelosi-knew-iraq-war-was-based-on-bad-intel-at-the-time-explains-why-she-opposed-impeachment-for-bush.158216/post-27219551
Would you have liked it if the republican congress has impeached Obama over anything they wanted? Romney would've won, if they'd impeached him in 2010, after they took control?
You wanted her to start impeachment proceedings during Bush's last 2 years, when removing him wouldn't've mattered, and would've led to Dick Cheney being president if the senate had voted to convict, wouldn't've stopped the Iraq war
The ONLY two punishments for a successful impeachment are removal from office and being barred from holding future office. And since Bush was a second-term lame duck president, LOL.
How many iraq lives would've been saved by impeaching Bush?
Well, what's she gonna say now? That GWB should have been impeached?

This is a framing tactic. If she says "we should have impeached Bush," the GoP will say, "well, there was no evidence for that, and there's no evidence against Trump, either, Pelosi is just playing politics."
Quote from: Frank O'Connor
Everyone knew about the bad intelligence. I’m not being glib but op, everyone knew.

everyone. We had the secretary of defense holding prop uranium.
What would’ve happened is: impeachment unsuccessful, and we still go to war.
she voted no on the goddamn war. Go hang those who voted yes.
:trumps

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5378 on: December 09, 2019, 08:38:37 PM »
Yall...

Dude killed himself. You don't OD on Perc. I don't know if he got set up, but he was supposed to push that weed, and something went upside down. He was going to be facing hella charges, and if someone was snitchin, that means shit was going to go down. He took himself out.
If this was the case and his death would clear everyone from charges, maybe he was murdered. What if they force fed him the perks as a last option?
More evidence that REEEseterans get all their information/knowledge of how the real world works from movies and tv shows.
Spud

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #5379 on: December 09, 2019, 08:38:38 PM »

also lol at all the people who low key think that the millennia old concept of lending is immoral:

USURY is a sin, bucko.

benjipwns

« Reply #5380 on: December 09, 2019, 08:51:55 PM »
USURY is a sin, bucko.
Much like exposure of the female form.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5381 on: December 09, 2019, 09:10:41 PM »
The gun is good, the femoral artery is evil
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #5382 on: December 09, 2019, 09:14:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-is-up-with-the-recent-flood-of-anti-enthusiasm-topics-around-here.158212/
I'm constantly seeing topics along the lines of:

"Am I the only one who didn't like..."
"When does [game] get good, I'm about to quit"
"I don't care if I finish this game anymore"
"I don't want to buy [console]"

etc.

And I see posts like:

"Looks good, will wait until it's $10"
"I don't have time for these big games anymore"

My question for these folks is........why....are you.....here?

I thought this was a forum for gaming enthusiasts. I don't know what type of discussion or reaction you're trying to get out of gaming enthusiasts on a gaming enthusiast forum. So........why are you posting that?

Go outside. Go read a book or watch Netflix. Take a break from video games from a while. Trying to garner empathy or have others join in on your lack of passion, on a forum dedicated to said activity seems really.....well, dumb. At best you're venting to a non-receptive audience. At worst you're dampening other people's enjoyment of the medium.

So just keep it to yourself maybe?
You should follow the same advice. Making a thread to complain about people voicing their opinions is never good.

benjipwns

« Reply #5383 on: December 09, 2019, 09:15:30 PM »
Have you been to other “hobbyist forums”? I’m genuinely asking because those places are by far the most toxic and miserable. You can’t compare these to era. On the contrary, those “positive” gaming reddits consist of 99% memes/humor which is pointless
:exxy

benjipwns

« Reply #5384 on: December 09, 2019, 09:23:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/videogamedunkey-pokemon-sword-and-shield.158222/
Following up the pisspoor Death Stranding video by phoning this one in.
I'm guessing he just doesn't really like Pokemon in general, but i feel like if that's the case he'd honestly be better off just not making videos about it because this was really fucking bad. I get that youtubers like to post videos about the current big games for the sake of appeasing the almighty algortithms, but this just felt lazy and uninspired as far as his videos go
aside from this one not being one of his actual reviews, my issue is that 90% of the video leans on like, two core jokes, neither of which is particularly funny or inspired. Yes Pokemon is easy. Yes this the games would absolutely be way better if the campaign wasn't so braindead. But it's not really new, not really insightful, and not really handled in a particularly clever manner in this video. Honestly I'll repeat that it feels like a video being made to reach a quota, not one that he really wanted to make. It's not even just that he doesn't like the game, it's that it feels like he's completely indifferent to it and that indifference shines through as a viewer
The animations have been talked about a ton too. Yes, it's funny that some attacks don't line up with their names at all, but I've seen that pointed out by just about every review of the game I've watched.
His schtick finally ran out of steam.
r.i.p. videogamejames

benjipwns

« Reply #5385 on: December 09, 2019, 09:25:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-ad-reporting-thread.60928/post-27213906
Quote from: Cerium
I've been browsing on desktop today without any problems, but yes in the past week I have been getting redirects on mobile.

The steps we took did seem to reduce the problem a lot over the weekend, but again the end of the year is peak season for this stuff -- stamping out the bad ads as they slip in is an ongoing effort. It takes continuous work. There isn't a silver bullet.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5387 on: December 09, 2019, 09:48:37 PM »
I've been browsing on desktop today without any problems, but yes in the past week I have been getting redirects on mobile.

The steps we took did seem to reduce the problem a lot over the weekend, but again the end of the year is peak season for this stuff -- stamping out the bad ads as they slip in is an ongoing effort. It takes continuous work. There isn't a silver bullet.

©@©™

zepblackstar

« Reply #5388 on: December 09, 2019, 09:51:28 PM »
Sony stans mad about 1st party games going other places?

I mean Sony must have info on why

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #5389 on: December 09, 2019, 09:52:22 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #5391 on: December 09, 2019, 09:54:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/theap99/status/1204227635339038720

Holy shit this guy is legitimately crying on a live stream right now

Holy fuck

Tuckers Law

« Reply #5392 on: December 09, 2019, 09:54:57 PM »

Could always disable ads.  If Reeesetera is such an oasis of discourse in an internet hellscape of hate, certainly the users you want there are willing to pay for it!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #5395 on: December 09, 2019, 09:59:25 PM »
1 year timed exclusive of FF7 Remake. PlayStation saved. :whew
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5396 on: December 09, 2019, 10:00:38 PM »
That livestream :neogaf

"This is COLLUSION !"
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #5397 on: December 09, 2019, 10:00:54 PM »
why would you assume Xbox and not Mobile and PC? (maybe Switch)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #5398 on: December 09, 2019, 10:00:55 PM »
It's almost like MLB saw the money Madden was making and went "wait, why the fuck are we exclusive to Sony's console?" Then Sony went "yep, that's dumb, we'll port."

Sony fans getting :trigger 'd by this must've missed the numerous other ports to PC that their "exclusives" have done, so this isn't a new thing for Sony.

benjipwns

« Reply #5399 on: December 09, 2019, 10:01:22 PM »
THIS IS COLLUSION