Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898197 times)

Tasty

I'm a fan.
« Reply #6960 on: December 20, 2019, 06:18:08 PM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #6961 on: December 20, 2019, 06:18:28 PM »
queen

BisMarckie

« Reply #6962 on: December 20, 2019, 06:42:57 PM »
Anyone who has watched a movie 40 times in 2 years should be on a watchlist.

paprikastaude

« Reply #6963 on: December 20, 2019, 06:47:14 PM »
Who needs real political activism if I can stay at home and keep rewatching a shitty children's movie featuring pink haired ladies  :expert

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6964 on: December 20, 2019, 06:55:43 PM »
You:

Goddamn Sweeney is a fucking weirdo. They talked about how their two viewings yesterday were the 38th and 39th time they watched it :kobeyuck

I don't think I've seen my favorite movie 25 times, let alone about to do 40.

SweenySwift, An Intellectual
PS I find it weird people here seem to think it's odd to see a movie you love a lot of times. I know people who've heard their favorite artist for 400 hours this year on Spotify, why's music different from film? Support what you love

How is watching a 2 hour narrative different to listening to a 3 minute pop song anyway?
checkmate atheists
 :brain

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6965 on: December 20, 2019, 06:56:36 PM »
also:
Support what you love

implies that either:
a) they don't fucking know what 'support' means in this context
b) they keep rerenting the same film, which is  :doge

paprikastaude

« Reply #6966 on: December 20, 2019, 07:05:38 PM »
resetti is what happens when pathetic fanboys don't want to admit that they are losers and then act like the only thing they did in their last 30 years - i.e. corporate shilling for kid's products - is actually hugely important for social justice.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #6967 on: December 20, 2019, 07:13:16 PM »
resetti is what happens when pathetic fanboys don't want to admit that they are losers and then act like the only thing they did in their last 30 years - i.e. corporate shilling for kid's products - is actually hugely important for social justice.

wasn't laura dern in TLJ at least implicitly representing the trans community?... i mean purple hair?
TLJSJW

: :expert

ShutUp

« Reply #6968 on: December 20, 2019, 07:18:34 PM »
People continuing to romanticize the prequels in that box office thread  :lol

"I respect the vision Lucas had" - awful writing, awful directing, wooden as fuck acting because the man can't actually direct his actors if his life depended on it, some truly terrible characters like Jar Jar...there is nothing to respect about prequel era Lucas.

The current trilogy ultimately didn't end on a high note but no thanks to anything Lucas would be doing with the property were he still in control.

paprikastaude

« Reply #6969 on: December 20, 2019, 07:25:32 PM »
People continuing to romanticize the prequels in that box office thread  :lol

"I respect the vision Lucas had" - awful writing, awful directing, wooden as fuck acting because the man can't actually direct his actors if his life depended on it, some truly terrible characters like Jar Jar...there is nothing to respect about prequel era Lucas.

The current trilogy ultimately didn't end on a high note but no thanks to anything Lucas would be doing with the property were he still in control.

B-b-but he created those imaginative new worlds that were all sterile as fuck and felt like they were from a different franchise altogether.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6970 on: December 20, 2019, 07:28:45 PM »
I dunno man, I'd rather have watched Lucas' Whills/the Force is an illusion/everyone is an agent of higher powers with no free will nonsense than a bad recreation of the original movies.

paprikastaude

« Reply #6971 on: December 20, 2019, 07:31:31 PM »
I dunno man, I'd rather have watched Lucas' Whills/the Force is an illusion/everyone is an agent of higher powers with no free will nonsense than a bad recreation of the original movies.

If we're going into dream scenarios, I'd rather have everything de-canonized that isn't the original versions of the OT and the Plinkett reviews as bonus material.

benjipwns

« Reply #6972 on: December 20, 2019, 07:32:26 PM »
I mean, things are pretty shit on the east coast of Australia right now with all the bushfires, but it's certainly not fucking Mad Max time.
FACT CHECK:

paprikastaude

« Reply #6973 on: December 20, 2019, 07:35:02 PM »
ResetEra is legitimately the only place I've seen seriously and vehemently defend FF13, The Star Wars Prequels, DmC, RE6, fucking everybody hates it shit as works of pure and beautiful art so goddamn regularly. Usually it's one or two people on a dedicated subreddit or something. And usually it isn't so strangely passionate about an entertainment product. Goddamn if people hate it, RE will stan it relentlessly.

On resetti you become a mod for shilling for RE6 to the point that you've become a meme (and if your Twitter account has stood the purity test).

benjipwns

« Reply #6974 on: December 20, 2019, 07:39:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gears-5-was-microsofts-gow-uncharted-4-and-it-was-simply-ignored.160432/post-27578349
User warned: Attempting to console war, bad faith discussion

It was an incredible game, it STILL is an incredible game with lots of free online content.
It is a Microsoft game, did you honestly expect the same praise as Sony games? :)
ATTEMPTING TO CONSOLE WAR

benjipwns

« Reply #6975 on: December 20, 2019, 07:50:46 PM »
It's what the franchise deserves for caving to the critics of the one classic the series had this millennium

And yes, I'm watching TLJ again tonight. Gotta wash the bad taste out with something great, two viewings yesterday wasn't enough to achieve that, maybe two more will be

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wkd-box-office-12%E2%80%A213-15%E2%80%A219-jumanji-exceeds-expectations-frozen-2-passes-1b-no-jewels-or-happy-holidays-for-other-new-releases.159455/post-27591159

Goddamn Sweeney is a fucking weirdo. They talked about how their two viewings yesterday were the 38th and 39th time they watched it :kobeyuck

Sweeney is a sight to behold, honestly. Everytime they post it's straight up cheerleading disney as a corporation, celebrating them making money while also watching the WWE and bitching about the WWE not being woke and how corporations need to be kept in check cause they're SocDem :neogaf

That's not including the multiple times they're like "sorry guys but this place is too bigoted I have to leave" only to post hours later about wooo disney make it to 10 billion.
I don't think I like what you're implying about a pillar of the community.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #6976 on: December 20, 2019, 08:13:31 PM »
Imagine being a corporate shill on a forum, celebrating the success of a company you don't even have stock in. Disney has been a good investment for me actually...but still, fuck these nerds.

How many normal, non childrens movies do they watch a year? It has to be like...1. "Oh I saw Knives Out, Rian Johnson has continued his creative streak after the classic TLJ blah blah blah" lol. Those are the types of movies they'll go see...shit that "supports" people who are involved in their favorite Star Wars or cape shit.

paprikastaude

« Reply #6977 on: December 20, 2019, 08:21:44 PM »
Imagine being a corporate shill on a forum, celebrating the success of a company you don't even have stock in. Disney has been a good investment for me actually...but still, fuck these nerds.

How many normal, non childrens movies do they watch a year? It has to be like...1. "Oh I saw Knives Out, Rian Johnson has continued his creative streak after the classic TLJ blah blah blah" lol. Those are the types of movies they'll go see...shit that "supports" people who are involved in their favorite Star Wars or cape shit.

:nothot They saw 20 minutes of Irishman so they could come online and say "LMAO what is this some white old guy whining about 1st world problems this is supposed to be better than BLACK PANTHER??".

benjipwns

« Reply #6978 on: December 20, 2019, 08:29:42 PM »
Remember when they were just going to throw WAKANDA FOREVER back in the face of any colonist who tried to give them a seven year car loan at 7% but then they forgot because the next movies came out?

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #6979 on: December 20, 2019, 09:04:33 PM »
Imagine TLJ being your favorite movie of all time.  :kobeyuck

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #6980 on: December 20, 2019, 09:09:03 PM »
clearly nerds deserved the yoke of oppression and inhaling the scent of the jock's locker

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6981 on: December 20, 2019, 09:09:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gears-5-was-microsofts-gow-uncharted-4-and-it-was-simply-ignored.160432/post-27578349

It was an incredible game, it STILL is an incredible game with lots of free online content.
It is a Microsoft game, did you honestly expect the same praise as Sony games? :)
Gears 5 was a snorefest. It's probably the most boring game I played in 2019.
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #6982 on: December 20, 2019, 09:23:21 PM »
.  I haven't seen IX yet but I thought Snoke dying in VIII was cool because to me Kylo is the main show. I thought him being the unstable leader of the First Order was a cool set up for the next one. I'm seeing IX tomorrow so I guess I'll see how Palpatine ends up being used...

I thought the whole point of Kylo Ren is that he is a lame man child Edgelord...

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #6983 on: December 20, 2019, 09:34:27 PM »
I've been busy at work for the last week. Is the latest meltdown really that two different directors had different visions in the same trilogy and it doesn't match up 100%?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #6984 on: December 20, 2019, 09:39:38 PM »
I saw Star Wars because I noticed it was somehow  not sold out.  On this day of all days!

It was fine.  Aside from them going to Coachella. It felt rushed and stupid but I'll take that over watching a slow freighter running away from a slightly less-slow freighter.

I give the movie one star wars out of a star wars movie. 1/1
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:05:22 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #6985 on: December 20, 2019, 10:36:40 PM »
This was the worst possible outcome. I hated every second that wasn't Poe and Finn (who were clearly written as a couple, but Disney continues to be cowards) having awesome space adventures together.

If you bitched about TLJ, fuck you. You got your fan fiction bullshit story. I hope you're goddamn happy.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-ot-revenge-of-a-sith-spoilers-now-open.158254/page-90#post-27597761

paprikastaude

« Reply #6986 on: December 20, 2019, 10:40:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/an-overly-long-and-critical-review-of-pokemon-sword-and-shield-arlo.160528/page-2

Pointing out bad things aboud a rushed baby game doesn't seem to sit well with lots of mental 10 year olds  :doge Also now you're a con man for saying Nintendo online is bad :confused This site might be the biggest shill central not openly dedicated to a single hardware maker.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #6987 on: December 20, 2019, 10:43:26 PM »
there is nothing to respect about prequel era Lucas.

how about actual lightsaber duels and space battles? all the "lightsaber battles" in the disney trilogy are fucking ass

benjipwns

« Reply #6988 on: December 20, 2019, 10:44:54 PM »
I liked how Endgame basically ended the endless two years of memes/avatars/Thanos/etc. as everyone transitioned to Star Wars hype cycle.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #6989 on: December 20, 2019, 10:47:00 PM »
I liked how Endgame basically ended the endless two years of memes/avatars/Thanos/etc. as everyone transitioned to Star Wars hype cycle.

thanos is a literal incel who elliot rodger'd half the universe because he was too much of a pussy, why does Era even like him? :curious

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6990 on: December 20, 2019, 11:07:48 PM »

thanos is a literal incel who elliot rodger'd half the universe because he was too much of a pussy, why does Era even like him? :curious

At least some of the people he killed were white babies.
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #6991 on: December 20, 2019, 11:40:32 PM »
That moderator named Matt is such a dumbass:

Training is actually meant to be irrelevant, it’s about believing in your ability to do what you are doing. Rey just deciding that she could heal the injured, and then that working, makes complete sense. It’s also why Ben could do it after he saw Rey do it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-ot-revenge-of-a-sith-spoilers-now-open.158254/page-93#post-27598622

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #6992 on: December 20, 2019, 11:50:09 PM »

NekoFever

« Reply #6993 on: December 21, 2019, 12:12:48 AM »
It's what the franchise deserves for caving to the critics of the one classic the series had this millennium

And yes, I'm watching TLJ again tonight. Gotta wash the bad taste out with something great, two viewings yesterday wasn't enough to achieve that, maybe two more will be

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wkd-box-office-12%E2%80%A213-15%E2%80%A219-jumanji-exceeds-expectations-frozen-2-passes-1b-no-jewels-or-happy-holidays-for-other-new-releases.159455/post-27591159

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-movie-cats-is-getting-a-patch-to-fix-visual-bugs-and-glitches.160564/post-27597278

My first viewing (of three) of the weekend is about to start and I have no clue which version I'm seeing. They found a way to make me look forward to this even more, I'm so happy

Time for three viewings of Cats this weekend too!

paprikastaude

« Reply #6994 on: December 21, 2019, 12:18:24 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-movie-cats-is-getting-a-patch-to-fix-visual-bugs-and-glitches.160564/post-27597278

My first viewing (of three) of the weekend is about to start and I have no clue which version I'm seeing. They found a way to make me look forward to this even more, I'm so happy

Time for three viewings of Cats this weekend too!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cats_(2019_film)

ctrl + f "Disney"
No matches

:drudge

benjipwns

« Reply #6995 on: December 21, 2019, 12:19:46 AM »
this practice is so lol:

pizzashit

« Reply #6996 on: December 21, 2019, 01:37:26 AM »
the exact moment a reee user gets quoted or called out they immediately go to post history, kinda crazy

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #6997 on: December 21, 2019, 02:04:28 AM »

Gears 5 was a snorefest. It's probably the most boring game I played in 2019.

Comparing it to Uncharted 4 is apt then  :doge
(ice)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6998 on: December 21, 2019, 02:39:39 AM »
the memes would have been glorious. Instead all we got was traitor and Skype sex Kylo :fbm

blame space

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #7000 on: December 21, 2019, 03:42:47 AM »

daemon

« Reply #7001 on: December 21, 2019, 03:56:11 AM »
the exact moment a reee user gets quoted or called out they immediately go to post history, kinda crazy

In their deranged point of view, anyone questioning their ideas must have ulterior motives or be part of something shady.

daemon

« Reply #7002 on: December 21, 2019, 03:59:04 AM »

The funny thing is that the prequels didn't break the OT characters. The reason why Vader was so scary was a precise move by the Emperor to instill fear. Anakin was really powerful, he just had a shitty attitude sometimes. Everyone else really just works without major problems. Sequels, however, goatse'd the OT characters.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7003 on: December 21, 2019, 04:13:51 AM »

how about actual lightsaber duels and space battles? all the "lightsaber battles" in the disney trilogy are fucking ass

🤴

daemon

« Reply #7004 on: December 21, 2019, 04:28:58 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

0:22-0:37. You're welcome

And ofc the whole segment of obiwan vs maul from 3:20

« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 04:44:02 AM by daemon »

BisMarckie

« Reply #7005 on: December 21, 2019, 04:46:45 AM »
There is no such thing as 'good' Star Wars. It's all bad you nerds. :heh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7007 on: December 21, 2019, 05:00:27 AM »
There is no such thing as 'good' Star Wars. It's all bad you nerds. :heh
Me and the bois dropping in to defend daemon from the haters

daemon appreciating the help

the mods monitoring this thread after clearing up the "relationship" thread
🤴

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #7008 on: December 21, 2019, 05:44:53 AM »
https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/batteries-batteries-im-sick-of-batteries.45222/

You're kidding, right? I am not into crafts. I would rather spend my time giving the dog a bath. Just kidding, Ken. I really do not enjoy messing around with these types of projects and for $18.00, that's fine by me.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #7009 on: December 21, 2019, 05:56:36 AM »
I was reading how the movie Star Wars distorts the truth about the universe so I thought I would offer up these truths about space travel & our universe.
One light year is 5.8 trillion miles.
Jupiter is one million time bigger than Earth.
On average on a clear night we can see only 0.000002% of all the stars in the Milky Way.
There are 285 galaxies for every person on Earth.
When the Andromeda galaxy and the Milky Way collide not a single star will hit each other. The Andromeda galaxy is now 2.5 million lightyears away.
The observable universe is 93 billion light years from one side to another. We cannot see beyond this so there is not telling how far it expands.
If a person could travel at one light year per second it would take 3,000 year to cover the distance.
Our trips to the moon took three days. Light makes the same trip in 1.3 seconds.

So how do we discover life on other planets? Certainly not by manned spacecrafts.
https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/some-facts-about-our-incredible-universe.41688/

Those Seniors have got it right...

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7010 on: December 21, 2019, 06:21:47 AM »
Imagine TLJ being your favorite movie of all time.  :kobeyuck
I don’t have to imagine. Ree has illustrated the harmful psychotic effects of it for years now.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7011 on: December 21, 2019, 06:26:13 AM »
ResetEra is legitimately the only place I've seen seriously and vehemently defend FF13,
:checkit sounds like my kind of place now.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7012 on: December 21, 2019, 08:48:42 AM »

Just arrested development much like the rest of that board. Plenty of 4-7 year olds watch the same movie over and over again, and that's where they are mentally.

Switters

« Reply #7013 on: December 21, 2019, 10:44:18 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-rise-of-skywalker-review-thread-the-sheev-saga-comes-to-a-close-no-spoilers-rottenwatch-58-8-away-from-order-66-see-staff-post.160025/post-27601437

Is the YouTube reviewer “ I hate everything” a secret alt right person like so many turn out to be? Friend sent me his review and his pointed, fair, succinct thoughts on the entire trilogy pretty much mirror mine. I would post his video but yea, don’t want to make that mistake

GOD FUCKING FORBID
troll

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #7014 on: December 21, 2019, 11:06:37 AM »
Pretty much the thread title. I try to be an ally as best I can. I teach bias training and unconscious bias and microaggressions so that people will be more aware of the impacts of things that they say. I have a significant group of POC in my department that have expressed appreciation for what I try to do, I feel that I've built a level of trust that I can't really describe.

I know that I am not perfect and I don't claim to know everything. I will never be able to understand the level of discrimination and racism that POC deal with on a daily basis and am still largely ignorant to their struggles.

But I was thinking about this recently because I have a good open relationship with some of my coworkers and I have started saying this when we do something really stupid or is just something to shake your head over.

My question is saying Fucking White People when calling out our stupidity ok to say or is it looked at as appropriation? I don't want to offend anyone.

Thoughts?

:cac

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #7016 on: December 21, 2019, 11:15:44 AM »
Need to tie accounts to some kind of unique personal biometric or data that prevents fake accounts and holds people accountable for their contentb on social media. No fake amounts, no bots. Perhaps like an internet ID system needed to use social media. Regulation needs to happen quickly.
I think this too. I know why the companies wouldn't want to do this, but even with a free sign-up social media accounts should require proof of ID. My only worry is obviously then these scumbag companies have access to all that info, so I don't know the ins and outs. But if you needed proof of ID it would help with the fake accounts and bots and also posting illegal content, kids access etc.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wapo-facebook-twitter-disable-sprawling-inauthentic-operation-that-used-ai-to-make-fake-faces-and-promote-trump.160494/

Tie immediate BIOMETRIC DATA for the ability to access the internet and have an account on Disney+

What could go wrong!

ResetEra is ahead of the game, they already know our BAC :heh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7017 on: December 21, 2019, 11:17:28 AM »
Those Falun Gong ain't slick

🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7018 on: December 21, 2019, 11:22:46 AM »
Need to tie accounts to some kind of unique personal biometric or data that prevents fake accounts and holds people accountable for their contentb on social media. No fake amounts, no bots. Perhaps like an internet ID system needed to use social media. Regulation needs to happen quickly.
I think this too. I know why the companies wouldn't want to do this, but even with a free sign-up social media accounts should require proof of ID. My only worry is obviously then these scumbag companies have access to all that info, so I don't know the ins and outs. But if you needed proof of ID it would help with the fake accounts and bots and also posting illegal content, kids access etc.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wapo-facebook-twitter-disable-sprawling-inauthentic-operation-that-used-ai-to-make-fake-faces-and-promote-trump.160494/

Tie immediate BIOMETRIC DATA for the ability to access the internet and have an account on Disney+

What could go wrong!

:donot Settle down there, James. :donot

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7019 on: December 21, 2019, 11:24:13 AM »

What could go wrong!

Thinking that it's the companies who'd be upset by this :lol