Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898241 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #8941 on: January 07, 2020, 03:35:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mysterious-repeating-fast-radio-burst-traced-to-nearby-galaxy.163355/page-2#post-28028436

Amazing news. I always laugh at people who say there aren’t extraterrestrials. One of the most illogical positions to take.

I imagine the radio signals we emit are being picked up by whomever sent this.

Clearly yes, these friendly aliens are responding to all those radio signals we sent 400+ million years ago.
I always laugh at people who think that, in a galaxy that is 13.5 billion years old, there is any chance that intelligent life could have evolved at the same time on two separate planets.

It is far more likely that if intelligent life evolved on another planet, that it progressed to an advanced state and then died out rather than our timeline and their timeline overlapping.

I always laugh at people who think the universe is 13.5 billion years old.  The age of the universe is impossible for us to know at this time since we don’t even know what constitutes the vast majority of it.  :ufup

That said, the likelihood of civilizations from other planets finding and interacting with us or vice versa is damn near nonexistent.  However, our mere existence on an individual level is the result of an infinite number of events occurring just right (from the perspective of us as individuals existing) and thus incredibly unlikely so it’s still possible if not remotely likely.

I’m going back to drinking and playing dark souls now :pimp

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8942 on: January 07, 2020, 03:53:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/contrapoints-canceling.162603/post-28028619

Man, I'm so disappointed in Hbomb right now. Gonna stick with Thought Slime for the foreseeable future since he's sufficiently left wing to me, and so far hasn't seemed to be shit against anyone that hasn't deserved it. Here's hoping that won't change. Soon.
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8943 on: January 07, 2020, 03:56:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mysterious-repeating-fast-radio-burst-traced-to-nearby-galaxy.163355/page-2#post-28028436

Amazing news. I always laugh at people who say there aren’t extraterrestrials. One of the most illogical positions to take.

Clearly yes, these friendly aliens are responding to all those radio signals we sent 400+ million years ago.
I always laugh at people who think that, in a galaxy that is 13.5 billion years old, there is any chance that intelligent life could have evolved at the same time on two separate planets.

It is far more likely that if intelligent life evolved on another planet, that it progressed to an advanced state and then died out rather than our timeline and their timeline overlapping.

I always laugh at people who think the universe is 13.5 billion years old.  The age of the universe is impossible for us to know at this time since we don’t even know what constitutes the vast majority of it.  :ufup
I said galaxy you  :brain  not universe and the latest research suggests that the Milky Way galaxy is around 13.5 billion years old.

I'll take their estimates over your  :science  any time.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8944 on: January 07, 2020, 03:57:08 PM »
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
But still... they come!
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Hermit

« Reply #8946 on: January 07, 2020, 04:00:54 PM »
I'll come for Mars

:jawalrus

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8947 on: January 07, 2020, 04:10:06 PM »

Hermit

« Reply #8948 on: January 07, 2020, 04:10:28 PM »
*screams in Hobbes*

DICK ME LETO

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #8949 on: January 07, 2020, 04:15:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-year-is-4020-who-from-our-modern-era-is-still-universally-known.163504/page-3

2000 years quite a number, can we even name someone famous from 2000 years ago?

Legit spit my coffee out at this.
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8950 on: January 07, 2020, 04:18:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-year-is-4020-who-from-our-modern-era-is-still-universally-known.163504/page-3

its pretty obvious, the greatest film of our generation by our greatest living film maker is set a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #8951 on: January 07, 2020, 04:26:08 PM »

Now I feel stupid. I went away and googled, damn that is a long time ago.

:dead :dead :dead
:O

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8952 on: January 07, 2020, 04:52:01 PM »
Humanity will be wiped out in ~10 years by global warming, so no one.
©@©™

« Reply #8953 on: January 07, 2020, 04:58:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/racist-maga-covington-kid-who-smirked-in-the-face-of-native-american-protester-to-receive-settlement-from-cnn.163511/

Day 7 and the hits keep coming

fucking disgusting
Now he's set for life after being a piece of shit?

I hate this world.
This fucking world...
Fuck that Nazi child.
Fuck this country. Disrespectful little shit.
Infuriating
Punching this kid is now on my bucket list.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 05:06:11 PM by ldcommando (notthegafone) »

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #8954 on: January 07, 2020, 05:01:11 PM »

I said galaxy you  :brain  not universe and the latest research suggests that the Milky Way galaxy is around 13.5 billion years old.

I'll take their estimates over your  :science  any time.

Galaxy, universe, as far as our knowledge of either goes we know next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.  All I’m saying is we don’t know what we don’t know and definitively stating something based on the tiny slice of the picture we have is silly.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8956 on: January 07, 2020, 05:12:28 PM »
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
But still... they come!
[close]

And they don't stop coming
dog

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #8957 on: January 07, 2020, 05:19:39 PM »
Can't wait to see 1917 tho

It's amazing.

Besides Cats and Little Women, it's probably my favorite movie of 2019.

Thought about taking some LSD and going to Cats but I think 1917 will be better.

Definitely take LSD and go see 1917

Squirrel Killer

You guys left this option on!? I'm going to town now!
« Reply #8958 on: January 07, 2020, 05:19:51 PM »
I know I'm a lurker and all, but goddamn, it kinda sickens me how transparently hypocritical and knee-jerk portions of Era are in threads like this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/racist-maga-covington-kid-who-smirked-in-the-face-of-native-american-protester-to-receive-settlement-from-cnn.163511/

Like, yeah, the kid is probably an asshole, but CNN savaged him and opened him up to all kinds of harassment, including death threats. He didn't even do anything overtly racist and probably exercised his right to be there in about as de-escalating a way as possible. Grown ass adults routinely handle that situation far worse. I thought harassment was bad... m-kay, but no... it's just more goddamned rah-rah-my-side-or-die bullshit.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #8959 on: January 07, 2020, 05:45:06 PM »
He knew what he was doing showing up with a maga hat on in an environment with protestors in DC.

:era
Fish<

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #8960 on: January 07, 2020, 05:50:41 PM »
I'm old enough to remember when I was a beloved poligaf poster
:O

railGUN

« Reply #8961 on: January 07, 2020, 05:55:49 PM »
 :nope Picking on the child Greta Thunberg

:ohyeah threatening physical violence on the child Nick Sandmann
Fish<

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #8962 on: January 07, 2020, 06:08:20 PM »
The last thread devolved into trolling and counter-trolling, and so it has been rebooted with a thread title that is less editorialized to encourage better discussion. Please make sure to discuss the topic and avoid metacommentary and hostility towards other members.
User Banned (3 days): ignoring the staff post
"Editorialized" is one way of putting it

eat ban you succinctly accurate fuck

How is this thread supposed to turn out any different given you just c & p'd the original post from the previous thread?

Is it not still 'editorialized?

you're fine tho

The OG posters comradery is breaking apart!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8963 on: January 07, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »
death threats on the opposing side win the argument every time

I'mma code up a site where you can fill out some info about the type of death threat required and it automatically generates a few twitter users who will post low key death threats and screencaps the tweets for you after an hour or two for authenticity

instant pity party  :delicious
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #8964 on: January 07, 2020, 06:22:22 PM »
The last thread devolved into trolling and counter-trolling, and so it has been rebooted with a thread title that is less editorialized to encourage better discussion. Please make sure to discuss the topic and avoid metacommentary and hostility towards other members.
User Banned (3 days): ignoring the staff post
"Editorialized" is one way of putting it

eat ban you succinctly accurate fuck

How is this thread supposed to turn out any different given you just c & p'd the original post from the previous thread?

Is it not still 'editorialized?

you're fine tho

(Image removed from quote.)

The OG posters comradery is breaking apart!

Lol hydrophilic attack openly arguing with a mod for not doing enough and they are allowing it.  Is Era trying to lose even more authority?

Do you think this poster was NOT being an ass about it? Especially after I had already EXPLAINED the exact point I was making and they straight up called me a liar? I try to be nice, but when people are being rude against me (calling me a liar) I tend to get a bit catty in response.

Honestly, I'm very disappointed with how you're moderating this. Someone is accusing me of lying and when I try to defend myself against such accusations you only call out me

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wapo-oped-bernie-sanders-promised-to-disclose-his-medical-records-what-happened.163407/post-28033036

Hail hydro
sigh

BisMarckie

« Reply #8965 on: January 07, 2020, 06:32:07 PM »
Could have been a profound moment too, imagine if this little shit wasn't smirking: brainwashed teen standing face to face with his people's legacy, maybe even a moment of reflection as they stare each other in the eye.

:rofl

Top of the page game journalist
[close]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:36:26 PM by BisMarckie »

railGUN

« Reply #8966 on: January 07, 2020, 07:06:59 PM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
I hope Trump's base- including the few on this forum-

:lol :lol :lol

name ONE - go on, I'll wait.
Fish<

« Reply #8967 on: January 07, 2020, 07:10:01 PM »
They are losing their fucking minds in that fucking thread. Half of them are probably in a bunker already.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-forces-in-iraq-under-attack-from-iranian-cruise-missiles.163552/page-9#post-28038751

I’m so fucking tired.

Maybe he is stationed in Iraq.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8968 on: January 07, 2020, 07:13:52 PM »
That's almost word for word the same as the guy who couldn't get his blood pressure down.
:lol
ὕβρις

paprikastaude

« Reply #8969 on: January 07, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »

:gurl all of gaming side

railGUN

« Reply #8970 on: January 07, 2020, 07:16:08 PM »
God I hate America. Including any Americans in here who are anything but utterly apologetic for their disgusting leadership. If war with Iran is imminent you people better be willing to storm Congress/the White House to stop it. Fuck.

:neogaf
Fish<

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8971 on: January 07, 2020, 07:20:26 PM »
FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
©@©™

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #8972 on: January 07, 2020, 07:22:03 PM »
Today, in "This Totes Happened".

I broke this news to my supervisor. Her response?

“I can’t wait to leave this world and take my kids with me — looking forward to nuclear armageddon!”

She wasn’t kidding. She’s a Trump supporter and she’s loving this.

This is America

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8973 on: January 07, 2020, 07:22:18 PM »
Uncle

BisMarckie

« Reply #8974 on: January 07, 2020, 07:22:48 PM »
We’re supposed to be the level-headed ones who can think critically and rationally.

:doge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8975 on: January 07, 2020, 07:32:47 PM »
sorry tho what in the god damn fuck

Quote from: hydrophilic attack
Right. In this thread and/or in the last we did have at least one person accusing Sanders critics of being antisemitic so it it was in the air. Sorry again that I misunderstood you.
I'd also like an apology for accusing me of lying after my first attempt at clarification:

assuming they had apologized here hydrophilic later would state "yeah but I had to ask for it which is almost worse than receiving no apology at all and shows an absolute lack of empathy on your part"

Quote from: hydrophilic attack
Please consider my previous apology as an overall blanket one for any and all misunderstandings and grievances that might have arisen from them. Cheers!
So you can't even bring yourself to explicitly apologize for calling me a liar

I find that disappointing

I hate non-apologies :/

:mindblown

non-apologies are when you say "sorry your fee fees were hurt" or never actually utter the words "I'm sorry"

literally saying you're sorry, even a blanket one for all wrongs done, is a complete apology

and what is this fucking interpretation of the sanctity of the action, is 1 (One) Apology redeemable for a free year of Disney+ or what
Uncle

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #8976 on: January 07, 2020, 07:50:43 PM »
So are PS5/Xbox still coming out if World War 3 starts?

Asking the important questions :salute

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #8977 on: January 07, 2020, 07:51:04 PM »

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #8978 on: January 07, 2020, 07:57:38 PM »
Quote from: Cerium’s unpaid senior forum janitor
The situation between the United States and Iran is fast moving and highly charged. In order to try and prevent things from becoming more heated than they need to be, the following rules will be strictly enforced from here on out:
There is to be no fearmongering over World War 3​
There is to be no warmongering or jingoism​
Any trolling, of any kind, will be severely punished​
Any racism or Xenophobia will receive stricter bans than usual​
ALL SOURCES MUST BE CHECKED BEFORE POSTING, DO NOT POST ANY FAKE LINKS OR NEWS. Please be sure to wait for confirmation from trustworthy news sources before sharing anything new.​

Violating any of these guidelines will be met with no less than a 1 month ban from the site. These rules will hold for all threads on this conflict until further notice.

No less than a 1 month ban!

BisMarckie

« Reply #8979 on: January 07, 2020, 07:58:09 PM »
Unlike the US, Russia knows very well never to get directly involved with the Middle East ever again.

Geopolitical experts.  :doge

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #8980 on: January 07, 2020, 07:59:10 PM »
The situation between the United States and Iran is fast moving and highly charged. In order to try and prevent things from becoming more heated than they need to be, the following rules will be strictly enforced from here on out:
There is to be no fearmongering over World War 3​
There is to be no warmongering or jingoism​
Any trolling, of any kind, will be severely punished​
Any racism or Xenophobia will receive stricter bans than usual​
ALL SOURCES MUST BE CHECKED BEFORE POSTING, DO NOT POST ANY FAKE LINKS OR NEWS. Please be sure to wait for confirmation from trustworthy news sources before sharing anything new.​

Violating any of these guidelines will be met with no less than a 1 month ban from the site. These rules will hold for all threads on this conflict until further notice.

B-Dubs flexing his power!
Oi Oi

BrokenEchelon

« Reply #8981 on: January 07, 2020, 08:02:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1214712353280933889?s=20

Steve Herman
@W7VOA

Discussions underway among @WhiteHouse
 officials for preparations for @POTUS
 to address the nation this evening regarding #Iran.

railGUN

« Reply #8982 on: January 07, 2020, 08:22:08 PM »
Hobbes bites the dust again lol.
Fish<

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #8983 on: January 07, 2020, 08:50:12 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8984 on: January 07, 2020, 08:56:41 PM »
Incident managed.
©@©™

railGUN

« Reply #8985 on: January 07, 2020, 08:57:35 PM »
Meanwhile on GAF

Iran as a country will cease to exist in the next ten hours.

:brain
Fish<

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8986 on: January 07, 2020, 09:11:03 PM »

Everyone who posts mainly in gaming side and doesn't like Star Wars, of course!
^_^

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #8987 on: January 07, 2020, 09:26:02 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/eljg6c/top_pornstar_finds_her_subreddit_and_gets_salty/

Quote from: Big Dick Energy
Gonna jack off to you for free just to piss you off.

Gotta get back to reading my textbook (PBUI) but this is some grade-A drama.

Boredfrom

« Reply #8988 on: January 07, 2020, 09:43:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/defconwsalerts/status/1214735161218289664

Social media seems to make everyone dumber.

BisMarckie

« Reply #8989 on: January 07, 2020, 09:52:14 PM »
Any trustworthy intelligence agency asks you to turn off your adblocker when you visit their website.

Boredfrom

« Reply #8990 on: January 07, 2020, 09:55:07 PM »
Why the fuck they are even verified if they are just a random website?

My point still stands, thought.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8991 on: January 07, 2020, 10:31:41 PM »
Is DEFCON-SalesRT a division of Benji Brands?
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #8992 on: January 07, 2020, 11:31:17 PM »
. No to both questions. The cuts probably don't exist and the article isn't saying "STARS WARS FANDOM BAD11!!!".

It's observing a phenomenon that is being seen in day-to-day life with worrying effect. The same spheres of misinformation & organized harassment that fuel Q-Anon, Pizzagate, etc. are being represented in every fandom we can think of: Tesla defenders, PewDiePie fans, DCEU fans, etc. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-star-wars-misinformation-hell-is-the-new-future-of-everything.163582/#post-28044582

:sheik

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #8993 on: January 07, 2020, 11:31:25 PM »

Why doesn’t anyone ever question statements like this

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8994 on: January 07, 2020, 11:31:38 PM »

Uncle

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #8995 on: January 07, 2020, 11:36:37 PM »
I love that shit so much. You get bombed by another country and your immediate response is to turn around and present your butthole.
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #8996 on: January 07, 2020, 11:53:56 PM »
kid who smirked in the face of Native American protester

:sabu

I also recall some rational twitter checkmark saying that "that kid goes in a woodchipper" or something like that

zepblackstar

« Reply #8997 on: January 07, 2020, 11:58:46 PM »
In 3 hours we went online from "OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! IRAN!!! USA!!!!" to " Iran just wanted to say they did a thing"

calm down

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #8998 on: January 08, 2020, 12:38:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/racist-maga-covington-kid-who-smirked-in-the-face-of-native-american-protester-to-receive-settlement-from-cnn.163511/post-28036627
If I remember this case correctly, didn't they engage the kids first?

Doesnt matter.

Hes white and knew exactly what he was doing and did you see that look? That's the look of a Nazi.
Date rapist in the making more then likely.

:teehee
sigh

« Reply #8999 on: January 08, 2020, 02:44:38 AM »
8 days in:

2020 fucking sucks :(