Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 465059 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #660 on: September 15, 2008, 03:01:31 PM »
maf for president would result in anime price cuts over gas price cuts

wrong about quality entertainment, wrong about america!

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon

community organizer. So much more experience.

::)

i'm amazed how quickly the right has turned against the community driven faith based initiatives and charity work just to score political points against their opponent.
Tonya

patrickula

Obama's career preceding joining the Senate was very different from Palin's.  Looking at it as two years as a governor vs two years as a senator is just dumb.

More than 150,000 new voters registered ::)
Also, president of Harvard Law Review, and professor/lecturer of constitutional law, and a state senator.  All ::)-worthy stuff of course.

Though really this discussion is just distraction from the fact that she's a lying fundie.  The experience issue was originally the concern of those who didn't back Obama anyway.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 03:08:24 PM by patrickula »

Phoenix Dark

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #663 on: September 15, 2008, 03:07:08 PM »
i like how republicans totally dismiss Obama's time as a state legislature unless they're using it to attack him (sex ed)

« Reply #664 on: September 15, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »
I remember posting in another thread I thought it was a mistake for the Obama team (or media supporters) to attack Palin's experience.  Actually it was a mistake for them to focus so heavily on Palin period, they don't have to  defeat her, but the guy above her, and it looks like McCain capitalized on that going by the polls.  Now Palin finds herself in a mode similar to the rock start mode Obama was in during his trip to Europe.
+1

Beardo

« Reply #665 on: September 15, 2008, 03:07:18 PM »
I think I would place 'tells the truth' over experience, but since Palin does nothing but lie...

Agreed, I wish we could just have someone who says what they do and does what they say. But alas, the majority of the people out there only want to hear empty promises and rhetoric.  

Beardo

« Reply #666 on: September 15, 2008, 03:08:16 PM »
i like how republicans totally dismiss Obama's time as a state legislature unless they're using it to attack him (sex ed)

Or how he voted to legalize abortion after the baby was born.   :lol

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #667 on: September 15, 2008, 03:09:22 PM »
She hasn't done anything but make leaning red states become red states again.

Keep telling yourself that!
PSP

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #668 on: September 15, 2008, 03:11:04 PM »
Why the hell isn't Obama more on the offense about the economy?  :-\

I really hope Obama kicks some serious ass in the debates and moves on the offensive PRONTO.
^_^

Beardo

« Reply #669 on: September 15, 2008, 03:12:56 PM »

I really hope Obama kicks some serious ass in the debates and moves on the offensive PRONTO.

He can only promise windfall taxes so many times before people realize that he just advocating punishment for succeeding.

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.

i'm amazed how quickly the right has turned against the community driven faith based initiatives and charity work just to score political points against their opponent.

dude, where did I say that I was against community events?  Please show me.  And no, my post you qouted doesn't say that, lol.

SMH at the negative comments that come out because someone posts an article that isnt a message of "OBAMA-JESUS PRAISE DA LAWD SAVE US FROM THE EVIL PALIN WOMAN"

The article I posted from Beck had legit points and you guys ignore them all and go straight to: Well Palin lies or Obama was a community organizer.

So if the game is that way I guess I know how to respond to your comments don't I?

Obama's career preceding joining the Senate was very different from Palin's.  Looking at it as two years as a governor vs two years as a senator is just dumb.

More than 150,000 new voters registered ::)
Also, president of Harvard Law Review, and professor/lecturer of constitutional law, and a state senator.  All ::)-worthy stuff of course.

Though really this discussion is just distraction from the fact that she's a lying fundie.  The experience issue was originally the concern of those who didn't back Obama anyway.

cool, he'd make a great lawyer then wouldn't he? Also, You do realize that Democrats are using the same tactic against her on experience right? Or are you conveniently overlooking that as well?

XDF

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Obama's biggest problem is that the GOP has nailed the formula of repeating things so many times that they become the truth.  People aren't going to listen to long winded, realistic answers from Obama when McCain is like LET AMERICANS KEEP THEIR MONEY (lol i really mean rich amerikans fuk u dirty poors!).
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #672 on: September 15, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »
She hasn't done anything but make leaning red states become red states again.

Keep telling yourself that!

Even the article states that - it's not rocket science. Moving Florida from "leaning red" to "red" is going to increase your EC count by 27. Georgia is 15. Ohio, 20. All red states that are now in McCain's pocket according to some. Meanwhile Colorado is still basically tied, Virginia is a dead heat, New Mexico is leaning Obama's way, Nevada is leaning McCain's way. That's where the election will be won, and the Palin choice had little to no effect on those states.

Just look at Gallup's breakdown of polls. McCain got a huge boost in the south (ie red territory) and nowhere else - Obama is actually leading in every other region of the country. This bounce has been quite loud, but when you really look at it...it's not that impressive

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Florida wasn't leaning red - it was a toss up.
PSP

Ganhyun

Also, as far as money management goes:

Well, since he announced his candidacy, Barack Obama has raised about $22 million a month. That's a large organization for sure, unless you are directly comparing it to Sarah Palin, who is handling state revenues that are about 61 times as large, or more than $1.3 billion per month.
XDF

« Reply #675 on: September 15, 2008, 03:17:44 PM »

He can only promise windfall taxes so many times before people realize that he just advocating punishment for succeeding.

It's going to be hard for him to explain how raising taxes (even if it's $250,000+) is a good thing giving the state of our economy or how he plans to pay for these policies he wants to put in place because our economy is in the shitter and we have no monies  :-\
+1

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #676 on: September 15, 2008, 03:20:28 PM »
Florida wasn't leaning red - it was a toss up.

Are you serious?
http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

As you can see Florida has been on average around +5 to +7 McCain; Obama's only leads were around the time the race started.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I'm going by the MSNBC map, which is where the article is pulled from.  You can't compare two different maps!
PSP

« Reply #678 on: September 15, 2008, 03:21:46 PM »
Either way Florida will find a way to fuck things up  :D
+1

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Even that site shows McCain with the lead.  Obama :'(
PSP

patrickula

cool, he'd make a great lawyer then wouldn't he? Also, You do realize that Democrats are using the same tactic against her on experience right? Or are you conveniently overlooking that as well?
Well the President is supposed to enforce the laws of the country.  Might as well be familiar with them.
Experience is a weakness for both, of course they'll be attacked by opponents on the point.
I personally think that Obama's experience is more relevant.  Palin has a recorded history of disinterest in the world outside of Alaska, which is OK for a governor of Alaska... but (vice) President?  Though I guess it worked out for GWB.
But like I edited in to my earlier post, the argument is a distraction.  If you vote based on who's inexperience is less problematic, Obama or Palin, then you've got some weird priorities.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #681 on: September 15, 2008, 03:24:36 PM »

The burden of rising energy prices is shared by all, while the obscene profits are shared by only the rich few. A windfall tax would ease the burden on society. That is the motive, not punishment.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #682 on: September 15, 2008, 03:25:17 PM »
I'm going by the MSNBC map, which is where the article is pulled from.  You can't compare two different maps!

MSNBC has been off for awhile; they kept Penn. as a "toss up" even after it was obviously leaning heavily to Obama for instance.

http://www.pollster.com/polls/fl/08-fl-pres-ge-mvo.php
That's not a toss up

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
Can't believe americanS are falling for the same shit again.

Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. It fool me. We can't get fooled again.

Ganhyun

Well the President is supposed to enforce the laws of the country.  Might as well be familiar with them.
Experience is a weakness for both, of course they'll be attacked by opponents on the point.
I personally think that Obama's experience is more relevant.  Palin has a recorded history of disinterest in the world outside of Alaska, which is OK for a governor of Alaska... but (vice) President?  Though I guess it worked out for GWB.
But like I edited in to my earlier post, the argument is a distraction.  If you vote based on who's inexperience is less problematic, Obama or Palin, then you've got some weird priorities.

I'm not judging on experienvce myself. I was saying that yes, Obama was attacked by Republicans, not really the media except Conservative talk-heads, and Democrats cried fouls. Now Democrats and liberal talk-heads do the same to Palin and overlook/ignore the Irony there in their arguments. When pointed out, most turn to a "well she is a liar" statement and thats all they say on it.

As far as education and knowledge of the law goes, that Yale degree GWB got really helped him didnt it?  :lol  :lol
Maybe Obama if elected does better since he got a Harvard degree.
XDF

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #685 on: September 15, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »

then do you stand by the inverse of this statement?
Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
It is embarrassing that a candidate for president of the USA has become irrelevant to his own campaign, and is gaining in the polls because of it.

OBAMA/PALIN DREAM TICKET!
PSP

Eric P

• Icon

dude, where did I say that I was against community events?  Please show me.  And no, my post you qouted doesn't say that, lol.

you'll notice i didn't say "you."  my comment was directed more toward the general tone i've seen taken (if you need specifics please refer to  Rudy's 9/11 - 8 speech).  To deride community organizers is really a disingenuous mode of attack.
Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier

Wasn't he also elected Harvard Law Review president?
PSP

Ganhyun

you'll notice i didn't say "you."  my comment was directed more toward the general tone i've seen taken (if you need specifics please refer to  Rudy's 9/11 - 8 speech).  To deride community organizers is really a disingenuous mode of attack.

If you are not implying me, which can be derived from your post, then ok. But from the post, which quoted me, it seemed to imply that you were meaning me without saying it directly.

But I agree, community fundraisers-etc are good things and shouldn't be attacked.

But the nagain, i'm of the belief that Palin's daughter should be left out of attacks as well. But blogs are hitting that up hard.
XDF

Ganhyun

not sure about that myself.

XDF

Flannel Boy

• Icon

As far as education and knowledge of the law goes, that Yale degree GWB got really helped him didnt it?  :lol  :lol

GWB was a mediocre student at Yale, at a time when admission wasn't strictly based  on merit, and was not accepted to law school.  Obama, on the other hand, graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School (even if Obama was an AA entrant, he was competing against other students who weren't and did significantly better than most of them).

Not exactly the same thing.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #692 on: September 15, 2008, 03:44:02 PM »

typical behavior of elitist scum!

If you're a minority and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "token hire."
If you're a conservative and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "game changer."

Black teen pregnancies? A "crisis" in black America.
White teen pregnancies? A "blessed event."

If you grow up in Hawaii you're "exotic."
Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, you're the quintessential "American story."

Similarly, if you name you kid Barack you're "unpatriotic."
Name your kid Track, you're "colorful."

If you're a Democrat and you make a VP pick without fully vetting the individual you're "reckless."
A Republican who doesn't fully vet is a "maverick."

If you spend 3 years as a community organizer growing your organization from a staff of 1 to 13 and your budget from $70,000 to $400,000, then become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new African Amerian voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, then spend nearly 8 more years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, becoming chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, then spend nearly 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of nearly 13 million people, sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you are woefully inexperienced.

If you spend 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, then spend 20 months as the governor of a state with 650,000 people, then you've got the most executive experience of anyone on either ticket, are the Commander in Chief of the Alaska military and are well qualified to lead the nation should you be called upon to do so because your state is the closest state to Russia.

If you are a Democratic male candidate who is popular with millions of people you are an "arrogant celebrity".
If you are a popular Republican female candidate you are "energizing the base".

If you are a younger male candidate who thinks for himself and makes his own decisions you are "presumptuous".
If you are an older male candidate who makes last minute decisions you refuse to explain, you are a "shoot from the hip" maverick.

If you are a candidate with a Harvard law degree you are "an elitist-out of touch" with the real America.
if you are a legacy (dad and granddad were admirals) graduate of Anapolis, with multiple disciplinary infractions you are a hero.

If you manage a multi-million dollar nationwide campaign, you are an "empty suit".
If you are a part time mayor of a town of 7000 people, you are an "experienced executive".

If you go to a south side Chicago church, your beliefs are "extremist".
If you believe in creationism and don't believe global warming is man made, you are "strongly principled".

If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.
If you have been married to the same woman with whom you've been wed to for 19 years and raising 2 beautiful daughters with, you're "risky".

If you're a black single mother of 4 who waits for 22 hours after her water breaks to seek medical attention, you're an irresponsible parent, endangering the life of your unborn child.
But if you're a white married mother who waits 22 hours, you're spunky.

If you're a 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton, the right-wing press calls you "First dog."
If you're a 17-year old pregnant unwed daughter of a Republican, the right-wing press calls you "beautiful" and "courageous."

If you kill an endangered species, you're an excellent hunter.
If you have an abortion your not a christian, you're a murderer ( forget about if it happen while being date raped.)

If you teach abstinence only in sex education, you get teen parents.
If you teach responsible age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

If you're a Republican senator who solicits gay sex in an airport bathroom, you get to return to your job in the Senate and are encouraged to run for re-election.
If you're a Democratic Senator who is out of public office and have an affair, your political career is over and your wife who has terminal cancer is to blame.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
[youtube=425,350]Ln5cmj0UBX0[/youtube]

If Obama hasn't run a counter ad yet, this is the shit that'll hurt him. I was in the Giant today and all these women that worked there kept talking about this ad and how wrong Obama was.

OBAMA WILL FUCK YOUR KIDS
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #694 on: September 15, 2008, 03:48:01 PM »
If you're a Republican senator who solicits gay sex in an airport bathroom, you get to return to your job in the Senate and are encouraged to run for re-election.
If you're a Democratic Senator who is out of public office and have an affair, your political career is over and your wife who has terminal cancer is to blame.

Edwards is still far more of an asshole than Larry Craig!

Ganhyun

GWB was a mediocre student at Yale, at a time when admission wasn't strictly based  on merit, and was not accepted to law school.  Obama, on the other hand, graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School (even if Obama was an AA entrant, he was competing against other students who weren't and did significantly better than most of them).

Not exactly the same thing.

So my earlier post that Obama would be a great lawyer still stands.
XDF

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
closet homo > adulterer

edwards is scum and a traitor to his party.
hex

cool breeze

If Obama hasn't run a counter ad yet, this is the shit that'll hurt him. I was in the Giant today and all these women that worked there kept talking about this ad and how wrong Obama was.

You should have stapled her vagina shut so she can't reproduce anymore.

« Reply #698 on: September 15, 2008, 04:00:30 PM »
When a man abandons his responsibility he's a bum, when a woman does it she's pro choice  :P
+1

« Reply #699 on: September 15, 2008, 04:04:56 PM »
Why so serious?   ::)
+1

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow

What kind of shit is this anyway? I've never seen this kind of campaign tactics before, outside the U.S.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #701 on: September 15, 2008, 04:06:02 PM »
When a man abandons his responsibility he's a bum, when a woman does it she's pro choice  :P

You're presupposing that a woman has a responsibility to carry a fetus to term. And that if such a responsibility exists, it is equivalent to the responsibility a parent has for providing for his child, who has basic needs and requirements that must be met by someone.

« Reply #702 on: September 15, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »
It's a fucking joke hence the smiley.
+1

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #703 on: September 15, 2008, 04:07:42 PM »

University of Florida

« Reply #704 on: September 15, 2008, 04:08:27 PM »
This coming from Michigan? :lol
+1

Ganhyun

« Reply #705 on: September 15, 2008, 04:09:01 PM »

You're presupposing that a woman has a responsibility to carry a fetus to term. And that if such a responsibility exists, it is equivalent to the responsibility a parent has for providing for his child, who has basic needs and requirements that must be met by someone.

While I myself am against Abortion, I do see where a woman having a choice would be acceptable. But I can't help but wonder, with all these Abortions going on and such, how many potential AIDS virus solving scientists or new discoveries we are throwing away by doing so. Its not the kid's fault that his/her mother was raped. Why punish him/her for it?
XDF

Ganhyun

XDF

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #707 on: September 15, 2008, 04:11:10 PM »
This coming from Michigan? :lol

what did we do to you guys last time? oh yea

:bow

« Reply #708 on: September 15, 2008, 04:12:18 PM »
Win much lately?   :bow2  But we'll save this for the college football thread. :punch
+1

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

While I myself am against Abortion, I do see where a woman having a choice would be acceptable. But I can't help but wonder, with all these Abortions going on and such, how many potential AIDS virus solving scientists or new discoveries we are throwing away by doing so. Its not the kid's fault that his/her mother was raped. Why punish him/her for it?

how many aids solutions and new discoveries are we throwing away by dropping government funding for science to its lowest levels in this country's history, or by driving top scientists to other countries with our hatred of intellectualism, academia, and education?

republicans: so fucking dumb.
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #710 on: September 15, 2008, 04:13:25 PM »
I'm just jokin dude, I know it was a joke.  :P

spoiler (click to show/hide)
but we did whoop your ass last time.
[close]

Ganhyun

Speaking about Abortion. Here is a list of how Obama voted on some abortion issues.

Supports Roe v. Wade. (Jul 1998)
Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
Sponsored bill providing contraceptives for low-income women. (May 2006)
Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)

Those two votes I disagree with. Parents should know if little Suzie is knocked up and trying to get out of it.
XDF

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
so they can beat the fuck out of her and force her to have a child she won't raise well? good thinkin'!
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #713 on: September 15, 2008, 04:15:57 PM »
I'm not even touching that one.

because you're too busy performing abortions

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i propose a bill that makes abortions not only federally sponsored and mandatory for pregnant teens, but also requires that the fetuses be fired out of a cannon into ganhyun's house. prole/maf 2008, nukkaz
duc

Ganhyun

how many aids solutions and new discoveries are we throwing away by dropping government funding for science to its lowest levels in this country's history, or by driving top scientists to other countries with our hatred of intellectualism, academia, and education?

republicans: so fucking dumb.

Wow, so you're pro Abortion I take it? Rather than be intellectual with your statement, you make a counter-claim and insinuate that the other opinion is only for dumbasses. Typical Liberal SOP.

Don't like a statement? Make a statement yourself but add in a descriptor that the other side is fucking dumb/retarted/etc...

Just like a Democrat/Liberal.

Wait, Now I see your other responses. Very mature. Really.

so you advocate not letting a parent be a parent, and instead make teenagers more of the government's responsibility? Typical as well. Then the child can get pregnant as much as she wants and just keep getting abortions because mommy/daddy will never know as long as her boyfriend will take her to the clinic.

SMH

Edit: Children should know that having sex carries great risks such as pregnancy and STDS/AIDS. Doing it the other way just lets them fuck like rabbits (which yes they will do) with no reprisal except a possible STD/AIDS. Teen Pregnancy? Taking care of a baby you and someone else made? Forget that, just get an abortion. Its the thing to do.

Edit: lol, two replies get crossed up somehow.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:38:46 AM by Ganhyun »
XDF

Flannel Boy

• Icon
* Malek 's head hurts

Ganhyun

i propose a bill that makes abortions not only federally sponsored and mandatory for pregnant teens, but also requires that the fetuses be fired out of a cannon into ganhyun's house. prole/maf 2008, nukkaz

And then I secede from your Union and fire them right back into your house :P
XDF

Ganhyun

* Malek 's head hurts

Man, political threads makes everyones' heads hurt I think.
XDF

Ganhyun

leper plz

wow so since my view is different and I don't suck Obama's cock 24/7 you want me lepered? lol. How is this place different from GAF then? Oh wait. Lepered doesn't = banned. Thats the only difference.

XDF