Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ~ B O R E V A L U E S ~  (Read 197412 times)

PogiJones

Re: Other Forums |OT| ~ B O R E V A L U E S ~
« Reply #600 on: March 06, 2019, 03:42:26 AM »
bork had a name change?

« Reply #601 on: March 06, 2019, 03:44:41 AM »
Yo one thing you guys were ALWAYS right about? These fucking ban messages.

One of my ideas for a forum was to have ban messages but they HAD to be extensive, detailed, personable and written in first person by the banner. Also always contestable.
She

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #602 on: March 06, 2019, 03:46:36 AM »
Yes, interesting that cream does not comment on the moderator sex scandal immediately upon her return. :thinking

I have critical photo evidence pertaining to the case but I’d need Bork’s permission to post it

On a scale of mild to diablo how hot is the evidence?

Fire

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #603 on: March 06, 2019, 03:47:13 AM »
User Warned: Inflammatory False Equivalences

I don't condone this game's release but yet logic questions the average gamer's thought process, that popping heads and blood gushing is just fine yet another violent crime is not ok?

Games are not real and do not affect real life, say we to the non-gamers... They do not understand, right?

I'm mostly worried about the unsupervised 12-18 year olds which may get their hands on this game. I'd rather see them play Fortnite tbh.

The sad thing is that as "adults" in the general space of today's conversations, I don't think we have yet evolved to discuss such complex issues with a sense of empathy, sensibility and thick skin that is needed to elevate how we handle such issues, merely succumbing to virtue-signalling, fragile minds and callouts.
there's a bunch of these in that thread, so basically the mods position is that portraying rape is worse than other violence because "DUH" when the posts are questioning that very AMERICAN normalization

especially the whole focusing on the "rapist" over "serial killer" part :lol

« Reply #604 on: March 06, 2019, 03:47:41 AM »
Wait a minute, if Glen was just being nice to me to be a contrarian asshole and troll this thread, then that means Marrec...

Jesus.
She

halfanhourglass

« Reply #605 on: March 06, 2019, 03:48:29 AM »
User Banned (1 Week): Ableism.

I play pokemon on "autistic mode" trying to go as fast as possible without making eye contact with anyone and fighting as less as possible...reaching endgame is just the end of the tutorial...
:delicious

benjipwns

« Reply #606 on: March 06, 2019, 03:48:45 AM »

One of my ideas for a forum was to have ban messages but they HAD to be extensive, detailed, personable and written in first person by the banner. Also always contestable.
The flaw in that is the accountability. Nobody wants that.

ResetERA.com prefers challenging the boundaries of the English language. And I appreciate that bold endeavor.

« Reply #607 on: March 06, 2019, 03:49:52 AM »

ResetERA.com prefers challenging the boundaries of the English language. And I appreciate that bold endeavor.

I want a t-shirt that says “History of Cistory”
She

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #608 on: March 06, 2019, 03:50:32 AM »
Not.
Enough.
Links.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #609 on: March 06, 2019, 03:51:42 AM »
Since we were doing a lot of introspective work in this thread now I have to admit something.

I only like posts from benji and riotous because I want their leftover bundle keys and t-mobile subscriber perks respectively.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #610 on: March 06, 2019, 03:52:06 AM »

Slayven is challenged by the English language everyday  :bedroomeyes
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #611 on: March 06, 2019, 03:52:14 AM »

BikeJesus

« Reply #612 on: March 06, 2019, 03:53:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/steam-is-currently-listing-a-game-called-rape-day-in-which-you-play-as-a-serial-killer-rapist-pc-gamer.103400/post-18561483

The link makes it seem like the game is about a serial killer rapist PC gamer. Honestly not sure which is the worst of the three.

obligatory corepost
 :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

« Reply #613 on: March 06, 2019, 03:53:11 AM »

Slayven is challenged by the English language everyday  :bedroomeyes

:-\
She

PogiJones

« Reply #614 on: March 06, 2019, 03:53:41 AM »
Maybe it's due to my background, but I always thought ban messages should cite a specific numbered rule that is broken. Reddit does this; it's doable. This method doesn't eliminate the possibility of a catch-all rule like "Don't be a bad person" from turning into "Don't disagree with us," but at least the citation would force them to turn to the actual TOS instead of making up insane bans on the fly.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #615 on: March 06, 2019, 03:54:32 AM »
I only like filler's posts because I know if I get in a fucked up situation one day, I can cash them in and get him to set me up with a contract killer to solve my situation.

benjipwns

« Reply #616 on: March 06, 2019, 03:54:37 AM »
Since we were doing a lot of introspective work in this thread now I have to admit something.

I only like posts from benji and riotous because I want their leftover bundle keys and t-mobile subscriber perks respectively.
I've long since acknowledged and mentally adjusted my dopamine levels to account for this.

benjipwns

« Reply #617 on: March 06, 2019, 03:55:16 AM »
I only like filler's posts because I know if I get in a fucked up situation one day, I can cash them in and get him to set me up with a contract killer to solve my situation.
You know he'll just send TVC.

« Reply #618 on: March 06, 2019, 03:56:09 AM »
Wait, we’re supposed to actually read Era? And bring in links like we’re peter Parker waiting to get dominated by JJJ?

Oh LMAO fuck that. I’m outie
She

PogiJones

« Reply #619 on: March 06, 2019, 03:56:38 AM »
Why don't you just eliminate the middle man and like TVC's posts?

benjipwns

« Reply #620 on: March 06, 2019, 03:56:45 AM »
Of course, you don't expect us to listen to it when we read so much faster.

BIONIC

« Reply #621 on: March 06, 2019, 03:56:50 AM »
Getting filler likes is literally the only reason I post on this God forsaken shithole.
Margs

PogiJones

« Reply #622 on: March 06, 2019, 03:56:59 AM »
Frickin' benji

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #623 on: March 06, 2019, 03:57:26 AM »
What's this for? It's absolutely demonstrably true that Slayven has a sub high school level grasp of the English language and unlike a lot of us here, he isnt even multilingual. 

« Reply #624 on: March 06, 2019, 03:58:24 AM »
What's this for? It's absolutely demonstrably true that Slayven has a sub high school level grasp of the English language and unlike a lot of us here, he isnt even multilingual.

:-\ :-\ :-\
She

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #625 on: March 06, 2019, 03:58:34 AM »
You know he'll just send TVC.
:stahp :goldberg :cody

benjipwns

« Reply #626 on: March 06, 2019, 03:59:46 AM »

Wait wait, we can make it EVEN WORSE:

:ohyou

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #627 on: March 06, 2019, 04:00:21 AM »

I'll listen if you want to lay something out, also I'm not talking about ebonics, lots of people speak in ebonics but I only call Slayven on his pathetic English.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #628 on: March 06, 2019, 04:00:35 AM »
None of this matters, you fucking rejects. This is not the true fight.

You’re a bunch of clowns locked on the mezzanine level of a burning auditorium laughing at the clowns trapped on the orchestra level because the fire consumes them first. You’ll all be ash and bone at the end. Do something that matters.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #629 on: March 06, 2019, 04:01:46 AM »
Fair and balanced benji:
https://twitter.com/era_nintendo

edit: lol they haven't even managed to tweet about every episode

« Reply #630 on: March 06, 2019, 04:02:01 AM »
Lol what part of born, raised and living in Baltimore did you guys not understand
She

« Reply #631 on: March 06, 2019, 04:03:06 AM »

You’re a bunch of clowns locked on the mezzanine level of a burning auditorium laughing at the clowns trapped on the orchestra level because the fire consumes them first. You’ll all be ash and bone at the end. Do something that matters.

Oh like the mysterio level in the Spider-Man 2 game.
She

benjipwns

« Reply #632 on: March 06, 2019, 04:03:18 AM »

Please don't shout fire in the theatre, sir.

« Reply #633 on: March 06, 2019, 04:05:36 AM »

I'll listen if you want to lay something out, also I'm not talking about ebonics, lots of people speak in ebonics but I only call Slayven on his pathetic English.

When you grow up raising your hand every time the teacher calls on someone to read, just so it doesn’t take forever. You kind of gain new perspective on these things.
She

benjipwns

« Reply #634 on: March 06, 2019, 04:06:05 AM »
searching for that podcast brought me this, i must share: https://screenrant.com/nintendo-switch-2019-releases-unannounced-games/
Nintendo may have up to 11 unannounced games arriving on the Switch in 2019, according to a new report from an industry insider. The house of Mario has been on a roll lately, with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate becoming the fastest-selling Nintendo game ever and the Switch console managing to move over 32 million units since launching in March 2017. It's impressive to say the least, but now consumers are wondering what awaits them on the platform in 2019.

Industry insider and well-known Nintendo tipster Emily Rogers recent took to ResetEra to outline 11 unannounced Switch games that may be arriving as soon as 2019.

"It's difficult to give an exact number because any game can be pushed back to 2020 for marketing/scheduling reasons.

Let me try to explain this better.

The "Most likely" Nintendo-published game announcements for 2019. (70% chance or higher)

1. Mystery game #1

2. Mystery game #2

3. Mystery game #3

4. Mystery game #4

5. eShop game #1

6. Mystery Wii U port #1 (2013 title)

7. eShop game #2

8. New Labo Kit

The "Maybe" games for 2019. (The wild card titles - 50% chance or less)

9. Retro Studios secret game (this is assuming it wasn't canned)

10. Metroid Prime Trilogy (assuming Zell's info and Imran's info are correct)

11. Mystery Wii U port #2"
:rofl

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-first-party-thread-ot2-new-year-new-mii.90098/post-17521380
Final Update: February 8th, 2019

I am adding eShop game #3 to the list. This is shaping up to be a big year for eShop digital releases.
ESHOP GAME THREE

PsychoBee

« Reply #635 on: March 06, 2019, 04:06:39 AM »

counterpoint, nothing anyone does matters because we'll eventually nuke ourselves into oblivion or the sun will die out and all human life will die out horribly, every achievement and our entire history forgotten as the world becomes a frozen rock floating in space
dumb

BisMarckie

« Reply #636 on: March 06, 2019, 04:08:15 AM »
Mystery game #4? :hyper

IT BETTER NOT HAVE ANY RACIST DOGWHISTLES LIKE SMASH DID

« Reply #637 on: March 06, 2019, 04:09:00 AM »

It’s ok, I feel a constant suffocating loneliness born from the pressure to be important, and the absolutely dread that if I don’t become successful and affect the world, then society has defeated me and my existence was wasted on an error at birth.
She

benjipwns

« Reply #638 on: March 06, 2019, 04:09:02 AM »
I read ResetERA.com, I know there's no point because we're all going to die horribly very soon and there's literally nothing we can do about it.

Except vote. :american

benjipwns

« Reply #639 on: March 06, 2019, 04:10:42 AM »
lmao at this post almost immediately responding to Emily Rogers':
Possibly eight major unannounced games for 2019? Nintendo is going to have to start doing two major releases in some months if that's true. Nintendo already has Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Daemon X Machina, DQXI S, Pokemon 2019, and Luigi's Mansion 3 as major releases for 2019.
yeah, really makes you think doesn't it buddy

benjipwns

« Reply #640 on: March 06, 2019, 04:11:14 AM »
This is the amazing and heart-warming and exciting info. Thank you very much!!!

« Reply #641 on: March 06, 2019, 04:13:03 AM »
Wait a minute, if Glen was just being nice to me to be a contrarian asshole and troll this thread, then that means Marrec...

Jesus.

I wasn't actually. I just said that. I did think it was garbage the way people talked about you, and there's some transphobic shit on this forum that makes me really angry. It's been a really shitty month. I'm too tired.

Ronburgundy.gif
She

BIONIC

« Reply #642 on: March 06, 2019, 04:15:04 AM »
I have it on good authority that ESHOP GAME FOUR will release sometime after ESHOP GAME THREE.

Save this post.

Oh, and please give proper credit when you blog about this, Benji :bolo
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #643 on: March 06, 2019, 04:15:57 AM »
This is what I want to read. Thank you Emily!
yeah, odd that huh

benjipwns

« Reply #644 on: March 06, 2019, 04:16:26 AM »
With all of the current teases, leaks and the mystery surrounding some of their studios (particularly Retro), I’m worried a Direct will just leave us with more questions than answers.
ResetERA™

halfanhourglass

« Reply #645 on: March 06, 2019, 04:19:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bonnie-ross-of-343-industries-wants-to-close-gender-gap-in-game-development.103431/post-18569932
maybe its just a field women are less inclined to be interested in than men
Interesting.

benjipwns

« Reply #646 on: March 06, 2019, 04:19:31 AM »
I'm thinking 2D Metroid will be a 2020 release as well.

I find it interesting that the first half is so jam packed with ports from 3rd parties. We have FF9, 7, x & x2, and 12 all releasing from now till April. Assassins Creed 3 in May, RE & RE0 collection and RE4 releasing in May. We may also get Crystal Chronicles in May or June. Makes me wonder if there are more interesting 3rd party projects lined up for the 2nd half of 2019. I think Doom Eternal is still scheduled for 2019. Yokai Watch and Inazuma Eleven may finally release on Switch this year.

I'd say output tripled in terms of ports. I also forgot about team sonic racing and hellsblade which may also be releasing in May. I'd also argue games like Hellsblade, Dragons Dogma, Mortal Kombat 11, FF7, 9, X/X2 and 12, were titles that typically avoided Nintendo systems in the past. Assassin's creed 3, REmake/0 and RE4 were overdue. Still waiting on Batman Arkham ports. Super dragonball heroes could do decently as well on the Switch.
2011 sounds fuckin lit fam

« Reply #647 on: March 06, 2019, 04:20:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bonnie-ross-of-343-industries-wants-to-close-gender-gap-in-game-development.103431/post-18569932
maybe its just a field women are less inclined to be interested in than men

I mean that’s your fault for even thinking you’d not get banned for that
She

PogiJones

« Reply #648 on: March 06, 2019, 04:20:22 AM »
I don't even know what that means. Anchorman has so many quotes. "I don't believe you"? Fine.

I don't have the heart to do any of this anymore. I hope all of you seeking happiness find it. Even Stro.
That's pretty ominous. You alright, man?

tuna_love

« Reply #649 on: March 06, 2019, 04:22:44 AM »
shostakovich is taking puberty pretty hard

benjipwns

« Reply #650 on: March 06, 2019, 04:22:58 AM »
lol at this
Well, she already has her work cut out for her at 343:

I'm glad that someone is doing something about it, but this is such a structural issue that it needs to be an industry-wide solution fixed by cooperation and organization across companies.

BisMarckie

« Reply #651 on: March 06, 2019, 04:25:17 AM »
Where‘s our boy Frank?
Did they allow him in the offices for this photo?

Speaking of Frank: I have a rare contrapoints x Frank word salad thread for you benji. :delicious

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-darkness-contrapoints.103007/

benjipwns

« Reply #652 on: March 06, 2019, 04:25:50 AM »
whenever i see a team photo i always think of that edited ubisoft photo where they put Jade Raymond's head on everyone but the Asian girl

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #653 on: March 06, 2019, 04:26:26 AM »

counterpoint, nothing anyone does matters because we'll eventually nuke ourselves into oblivion or the sun will die out and all human life will die out horribly, every achievement and our entire history forgotten as the world becomes a frozen rock floating in space

Nihilism

:rejoice

« Reply #654 on: March 06, 2019, 04:27:08 AM »
shostakovich is taking puberty pretty hard

Hey so am I  :-*p
She

PogiJones

« Reply #655 on: March 06, 2019, 04:28:16 AM »
I don't even know what that means. Anchorman has so many quotes. "I don't believe you"? Fine.

I don't have the heart to do any of this anymore. I hope all of you seeking happiness find it. Even Stro.

Definitely not, but I'll push on.
What's going on?

benjipwns

« Reply #656 on: March 06, 2019, 04:28:48 AM »
someone find the edited version:

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #657 on: March 06, 2019, 04:30:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-marvel-review-thread-91-rotten-tomatoes.103503/page-14#post-18568194

What did we do before rotten tomato movie scores? I don't remember pre RT.

:shaking
ὕβρις

BIONIC

« Reply #658 on: March 06, 2019, 04:30:49 AM »

Definitely not, but I'll push on.
What's going on?

Bernard is breaking donation records :stahp
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #659 on: March 06, 2019, 04:32:06 AM »
a reverse image search gives me the impression that half of Ubisoft's time is spent taking team photos