Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption screens, and trailer!  (Read 181060 times)

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Re: Red Dead Redemption screens, and trailer!
« Reply #540 on: May 18, 2010, 11:47:54 PM »

lol 640p
itm

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #541 on: May 18, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »
It gives it a more authentic feel, the old west was grimy.
USA

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #542 on: May 18, 2010, 11:53:27 PM »
as soon as I get to a new town where I can buy new clothes, the shopkeeper closes the shop and walks out, so I'm like "ok, I'll sleep and check it out in the morning".  A message pops up saying "shopkeeper has been killed; shop closed for 5 days" FUUUU! I ran back to the shop, saw the jackass responsible, and shot his hat off along with everything under it.

Then I saw a woman getting kidnapped, saved her and hogtied the kidnapper.  as soon as I carried her away and freed her, I ran back and cut his throat.  Justice, baby.  Justice.

:bow this game :bow2

I just got the Dastardly achievement. The blood explosion when the train hit the body was :lol
CBG

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #543 on: May 18, 2010, 11:55:45 PM »
These little stories sound cool, but I feel like after 8 or 9 hours it will start turning into a Spider-Man 2 balloon hunt situation.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #544 on: May 19, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »
PS3 version appears to have no shadows

yeah it does

nat

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #545 on: May 19, 2010, 12:10:26 AM »

What's with all the trolling?  The PS2 version still looks pretty nice. 

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #546 on: May 19, 2010, 12:12:19 AM »
But will it run on 40gb PS3s?

pilonv1

« Reply #547 on: May 19, 2010, 12:18:41 AM »

Not on the 29th of Feb
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #548 on: May 19, 2010, 12:24:47 AM »
wow the ps3 version looks like shit

methodis is pretty owned in this thread

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #549 on: May 19, 2010, 12:36:34 AM »
It gives it a more authentic feel, the old west was grimy.

And the white flag was thrown.
SRY

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #550 on: May 19, 2010, 12:50:24 AM »
This game is :bow

:bow 360 :bow2

Yeah HSMP, my 360 is silent too.

:bow new 360 :bow2

©ZH

Smooth Groove

« Reply #551 on: May 19, 2010, 12:52:40 AM »

Not on the 29th of Feb

wow the ps3 version looks like shit

methodis is pretty owned in this thread

This game is :bow

:bow 360 :bow2

Yeah HSMP, my 360 is silent too.

:bow new 360 :bow2

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #552 on: May 19, 2010, 12:55:02 AM »
I don't see how im owned if i'm enjoying the same exact game except with additional features that xbots will never play  ???
USA

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #553 on: May 19, 2010, 12:59:13 AM »
i guess the only other thing i find out of sorts is that the main storyline structure is pretty rigid

i started at the ranch, then did some missions for the sheriff in armadillo, and when i went back to the ranch my next mission there was to drive bonnie to armadillo - in the conversation she acted like i'd never been there before

i guess if you go off-course from the main plot, it's always gonna be a bit weird and deja vu when you come back to it
sup

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #554 on: May 19, 2010, 12:59:56 AM »
I don't see how im owned if i'm enjoying the same exact game except with inferior graphics and additional features that xbots will never play until Rockstar releases the DLC like pretty much every company does with all "exclusive" pre-order DLC.  ???
PS4

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #555 on: May 19, 2010, 01:00:25 AM »
I don't see how im owned if i'm enjoying the same exact game except with additional features that xbots will never play ???

:duh

its available as DLC you distinguished mentally-challenged fellow

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #556 on: May 19, 2010, 01:01:42 AM »
Methodis annihilated.
PS4

pilonv1

« Reply #557 on: May 19, 2010, 01:02:01 AM »
i guess the only other thing i find out of sorts is that the main storyline structure is pretty rigid

i started at the ranch, then did some missions for the sheriff in armadillo, and when i went back to the ranch my next mission there was to drive bonnie to armadillo - in the conversation she acted like i'd never been there before

i guess if you go off-course from the main plot, it's always gonna be a bit weird and deja vu when you come back to it

Sounds like GTA 4, where I had to do the revenge mission for the girl who I never dated.
itm

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #558 on: May 19, 2010, 01:05:23 AM »
I don't see how im owned if i'm enjoying the same exact game except with additional features that xbots will never play ???

We're getting it in DLC ???

Exact same? Yeah if you don't mind a lower framerate, terrible graphics for the standards of today, and shittier online interaction. Sure, same game.

Look Methodis, I don't hate the PS3, but this isn't a matter of opinion. Multiplatform games are, across the board, worse on the PS3. The PS3 is a difficult system to optimize for, and every game developer that has made a multi-console game has testified as such. The PS3 has solid exclusives that take advantage of the hardware, very few of which I have even remote interest in, which is why I'm an 'Xbot'.

This really isn't a fanboy war, multiplatform games have always, and will always, perform better on the 360. Sales, hardware numbers, "professional" testimonies are never going to change that fact.
SRY

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #559 on: May 19, 2010, 01:08:27 AM »
You forgot Final Fantasy XIII. :smug
PS4

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #560 on: May 19, 2010, 01:12:30 AM »
You forgot Final Fantasy XIII. :smug

development started on PS3 etc. etc.
SRY

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #561 on: May 19, 2010, 01:14:03 AM »
I went to Akiba yesterday and they STILL haven't gotten copies in...of either the asian or US versions.  Fuck me.
PS4

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #562 on: May 19, 2010, 01:15:52 AM »
I went to Akiba yesterday and they STILL haven't gotten copies in...of either the asian or US versions.  Fuck me.

I have it and I'm not even playing it right now :smug
SRY

Bebpo

« Reply #563 on: May 19, 2010, 01:16:17 AM »

Exact same? Yeah if you don't mind a lower framerate, terrible graphics for the standards of today, and shittier online interaction. Sure, same game.

Look Methodis, I don't hate the PS3, but this isn't a matter of opinion. Multiplatform games are, across the board, worse on the PS3. The PS3 is a difficult system to optimize for, and every game developer that has made a multi-console game has testified as such. The PS3 has solid exclusives that take advantage of the hardware, very few of which I have even remote interest in, which is why I'm an 'Xbot'.

This really isn't a fanboy war, multiplatform games have always, and will always, perform better on the 360. Sales, hardware numbers, "professional" testimonies are never going to change that fact.

Eh, there's still a handful of multiplatform games that are better on PS3 and another handful that are identical on PS3.  But listwars are dumb so I'll leave it at most of the time the X360 version is superior in multiplatform games.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #564 on: May 19, 2010, 01:16:47 AM »

I WILL PEE IN YOUR MOUF
PS4

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #565 on: May 19, 2010, 01:17:11 AM »

I WILL PEE IN YOUR MOUF

I'll probably like it.
SRY

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #566 on: May 19, 2010, 01:38:09 AM »
Good. :heartbeat
PS4

Smooth Groove

« Reply #567 on: May 19, 2010, 01:51:52 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395669&page=14

Headed over there just to see the bitter Sfag tears and saw this from a Sfag mod,

"I bought the PS3 version and cut myself on the jaggiez walking out the store"

Seriously, wtf's wrong with Sfags? :yuck

Does a PS3 case really matter that much that they'd get the PS3 version even if it sucked?

I could understand it if you only owned 1 system but it makes no sense at all for gamers that own both. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #568 on: May 19, 2010, 02:10:00 AM »

Oh, yeah? Well at least we're comfortable with our gender. :drake

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #569 on: May 19, 2010, 02:12:15 AM »

:'(
SRY

cool breeze

« Reply #570 on: May 19, 2010, 02:14:56 AM »
I'm breaking in my new duster by showing a conniving wench western justice :rock

If you didn't want to be tied to the train tracks maybe you shouldn't have tried stealing my horse!

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #571 on: May 19, 2010, 02:15:43 AM »

Except theres nothing wrong with the graphics. At all. It looks just as good as the 360 version to anyone who doesn't sit 5 inches away from the tv.
USA

Smooth Groove

« Reply #572 on: May 19, 2010, 02:15:51 AM »

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #573 on: May 19, 2010, 03:01:35 AM »

Except theres nothing wrong with the graphics. At all. It looks just as good as the 360 version to anyone who doesn't sit 5 inches away from the tv.

I hate to dampen your enthusiasm,but it doesn't look as good as 360 version...i agree that it will look great on good tv,but...

cat

Smooth Groove

« Reply #574 on: May 19, 2010, 03:05:05 AM »
"PS3 version is soft and warm."
     /
:drake

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #575 on: May 19, 2010, 04:10:57 AM »
God I fucking love this thread

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #576 on: May 19, 2010, 04:55:15 AM »

I hate to dampen your enthusiasm,but it doesn't look as good as 360 version...i agree that it will look great on good tv,but...

(Image removed from quote.)

Which looks the exact same to anyone not sitting 5 inches away from their tv.

It looks great on a shitty TV too, it looks great period. There's no reason to not get this game on PS3,unless you truly care about a few more p's. There's no reason to not get this game on 360, unless you want more features.
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #577 on: May 19, 2010, 04:56:36 AM »
AKA no ones going to ever notice it looks different from the Xbox 360 version unless you masterbate to P counts and post on a internet gaming message board. It'll prob sell more on the PS3 anyways.
USA

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #578 on: May 19, 2010, 05:00:05 AM »
AKA no ones going to ever notice it looks different from the Xbox 360 version unless you masterbate to P counts and post on a internet gaming message board. It'll prob sell more on the PS3 anyways.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. I'm just thinking about all that extra detail. I bet the main character looks hunkier with all those extra pixels in his chest  :-*

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #579 on: May 19, 2010, 05:41:19 AM »

AKA no ones ever going to care about a whiny knob on a internet gaming message board.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Nile is not only a river in Africa.
*De Nile
[close]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 05:43:34 AM by quietID »
◕‿◕

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #580 on: May 19, 2010, 05:52:54 AM »
based on those screens i'm not really disappointed with my decision with the PS3 version. they don't really look that much different at the end of the day

here's hoping a PC version gets released. would buy.
nat

huckleberry

« Reply #581 on: May 19, 2010, 06:57:45 AM »
PS3 version looks fine. 360 version looks a little better . :shrug
wub

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #582 on: May 19, 2010, 07:09:45 AM »
I had no interest in this game before release, but now I think I may go pick up the 360 version today.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #583 on: May 19, 2010, 07:38:04 AM »
So the PS3 version not only runs at a lower resolution than the 360 version and its frame rate is worse, but it's also missing some background detail?  Wow.

Quote from: JRW
Quick and dirty edit in Paint, I noticed some things missing on PS3 when looking at this shot, I drew an arrow above each area in question.

Arrow references (things missing in PS3 shot on bottom):
1. sign missing
2. logo on building missing
3. shadow missing
4. cant read sign
5. shadow missing behind barrel
6. wagon missing

Xbox 360:

PS3:
ど助平

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #584 on: May 19, 2010, 07:47:31 AM »
Exclusive detail for the 360 :smug
i

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #585 on: May 19, 2010, 07:54:33 AM »
Ars Technica weighs in -
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/05/read-dead-redemption-360-vs-ps3-our-thoughts.ars?comments=1&start=40

This is non-scientific, but after playing an hour of both games, and switching back and forth between the two systems on our display, it's clear that the 360 version has quite the graphical advantage.

I still really like the PS3.....some games just turn out better on the 360. Just the way it is.
Tacos

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #586 on: May 19, 2010, 08:08:28 AM »
I pity Ps3 owners.

But hey, FFXIII looks much better on it.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #587 on: May 19, 2010, 08:08:56 AM »
Wow, PS3 owners must be committing suicide right about now. :lol
PS4

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #588 on: May 19, 2010, 08:18:28 AM »
Really, it doesn't seem to be Bayonetta-level bad.  If I only had a PS3, I probably wouldn't care.

Multi-system owners who get the PS3 version over the 360 version are plain 'tarded though.
ど助平

huckleberry

« Reply #589 on: May 19, 2010, 08:22:02 AM »
Really, it doesn't seem to be Bayonetta-level bad.  If I only had a PS3, I probably wouldn't care.

Multi-system owners who get the PS3 version over the 360 version are plain 'tarded though.

That is pretty much true for any multi platform game
wub

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #590 on: May 19, 2010, 08:23:31 AM »
I loaned my 360 to my brother, so I will pick up the PS3 version, it'll probably be OK.
brb

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #591 on: May 19, 2010, 08:24:48 AM »

Well, some people who own both the Ps3 and the X360 got FFXIII for the latter console.

Now that is distinguished mentally-challenged.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #592 on: May 19, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »

No, there are some exceptions.  FFXIII, Devil May Cry 4 (IIRC), and Hokuto Musou come to mind.  And wasn't Dead Space supposed to look better on PS3?
ど助平

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #593 on: May 19, 2010, 08:34:02 AM »

Which looks the exact same to anyone not sitting 5 inches away from their tv.

It looks great on a shitty TV too, it looks great period. There's no reason to not get this game on PS3,unless you truly care about a few more p's. There's no reason to not get this game on 360, unless you want more features.

I didn't know it was that hard to notice all of the missing foliage inches away from the gamer's point of view. So much for all the new textures and geometry on the PS3.

Also nice job getting owned a second time about the "exclusive" content's availability on 360.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #594 on: May 19, 2010, 08:53:50 AM »
To be fair, the 360 version is worse because it has too much detail. Everyone knows that the sparse environments and lack of legible textures found in the PS3 version are more accurate to time period depicted in the game. Typical Xfag spin, trying to claim that visuals trump historical accuracy. :dizzy
PSP

Beezy

« Reply #595 on: May 19, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
 :lol

huckleberry

« Reply #596 on: May 19, 2010, 08:58:19 AM »
 :rofl
wub

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #597 on: May 19, 2010, 09:03:17 AM »
impressions so far:

shooting feels good
horse controls feel a little off
especially when i have to shoot and manage the horse at the same time
overall feel is a little stiff. not as fluid as GTA4, strangely.
world doesn't feel very dense
disappointed I can't go into every building
voice acting is a mixed bag. main character is great, others aren't
nat

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #598 on: May 19, 2010, 09:10:49 AM »
Yeah, I love the main character. His voice is great.
What I don't like is that you lose everything after you die. I've killed and skinned so many animals yesterday and got killed by a fucking puma. He came out of nowhere. Scared the shit out of me.
All the item grinding for nothing.  :-\
I'm sure I've spent almost one hour killing stuff. Everything gone...
The game should auto-save your inventory IMO.

And I agree with you, a slime appears.

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #599 on: May 19, 2010, 09:16:05 AM »

Well, some people who own both the Ps3 and the X360 got FFXIII for the latter console.

Now that is distinguished mentally-challenged.

FFXIII is distinguished mentally-challenged as is but yeah, anyone that has a PS3 and 360 and gets the game on the xbox is fucking stupid.  No reason for that.
Tacos