Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption screens, and trailer!  (Read 181084 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Re: Red Dead Redemption screens, and trailer!
« Reply #1140 on: June 11, 2010, 03:10:02 PM »
i'm level 29 right now and i still have to do that even from dudes lower than me, free roam spawning is horribly implemented, there's always a second or so pause before you can orient yourself but by then the campers have already shot you two or three times

well, off to work for a couple hours, i will try to catch you in a few, mups

sup

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1141 on: June 11, 2010, 04:18:40 PM »
cool!  I'll probably be on at around 7pm EST.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1142 on: June 11, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
huh, somehow i lost two levels

game just told me i leveled up to 27, but i was 29 earlier today

wtf rockstar
sup

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1143 on: June 11, 2010, 11:16:48 PM »
According to that Rockstar site I'm at 19 hours now. Still enjoying myself greatly. Still occasionally seeing new things that I've never noticed before. Haven't even touched the free roam or the multiplayer yet other than to load it up once just to see it.

Yeah this and Mass Effect 2 have clearly separated themselves from the pack for me.

Last year I played what I would call 3 exceptional games.

Already have played two so far this year and still have the entire fall slate to go.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1144 on: June 11, 2010, 11:24:46 PM »
When everyone in your posse (2 or more) gets $5k bounty on their heads, you get the [Wild Bunch] title

I want that title

It's almost impossible in public Free Roams, as soon as you get a "Most Wanted" ($1k), every damned person on the map heads towards where you are

gonna have to assemble a private Free Roam posse for that one
sup

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1145 on: June 12, 2010, 06:20:47 AM »
I've gotten better, but I still don't understand how to play when it gets down to 1 vs. 1.  I always end up blowing it at that point.

They should put some of the gambling games in multiplayer, winner gets experience.

I'm surprised they didn't put all the games in multiplayer. Liars dice is pretty fun. 

I'm wondering what they'd do to prevent cheating via private/party voicechat. Then again, they don't really care about posse-griefing, spawnkilling, or NAT issues, so I think they've got bigger issues to handle.

When everyone in your posse (2 or more) gets $5k bounty on their heads, you get the [Wild Bunch] title

I want that title

It's almost impossible in public Free Roams, as soon as you get a "Most Wanted" ($1k), every damned person on the map heads towards where you are

gonna have to assemble a private Free Roam posse for that one
I'm ready for that. Anytime you see me on, toss an invite and we'll get our Saving Private Free Roam on.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1146 on: June 12, 2010, 09:18:56 AM »
Oh, hey. New update tonight. I'm hopeful it fixed their NAT issues. When I went to free roam, it dropped me in a public one... WHERE I WAS ENTIRELY ALONE. :japancry

I immediately recalled that the 'cheev for Blackstone to Escudero is supposed to be pretty hard if the world is populated, so I started working on that. Hanging out in Blackstone from 23:00 until 6:00 was boring and eerie.  And then out of nowhere some other player lept right in front of me, and started shooting and leaping. I freaked out, hoping not to get griefed, and I bailed as quick as I could. In the end, I made it!

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1147 on: June 12, 2010, 10:21:44 AM »
I'm gonna try to beat the SP today.

:)

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1148 on: June 12, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »
lulz. I just had someone ask me for help. So I stopped.

They knocked me off my horse and took off with it. And I had the lasso equipped at that moment so I couldn't switch to my gun fast enough to kill them.
 :lol

It's a nice testament to a game that I can find something fresh like that after 20 hours in a game.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1149 on: June 12, 2010, 12:01:25 PM »
Kinda happy to hear that the lasso isn't fast enough. That same thing happened to me with some strumpet in her bloomers, and I immediately wanted her to be the victim for the Dastardly 'cheev. Instead I just shot her because, hey, it's my damned horse!

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1150 on: June 12, 2010, 08:23:50 PM »
I lost my prized stallion I broke with Bonnie. It wandered off a cliff the stupid thing.  :maf

Now I have to buy a new horse.  :(

RIP Turdburglar  :'(
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1151 on: June 12, 2010, 08:50:08 PM »
That update didn't fix shit for me.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1152 on: June 12, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Damnit, I was hoping this would fix it. My two-person free roam last night didn't seem like it would be sufficient proof.

I lost my prized stallion I broke with Bonnie. It wandered off a cliff the stupid thing.  :maf

Now I have to buy a new horse.  :(

RIP Turdburglar  :'(
I'm entirely unsure if I've got the good horse or not. I've kept that same one, but at some point some cannibal piece of shit, not even the American Appetites one but some camper just outside Armadillo invited me over roadside and then shotgunned my horse out from under me. When I whistled for another horse, just to try it, it seemed like the same horse showed up.

A few more missions and the 20 missions with the same horse 'cheev should pop. If not, I'll know that my lovely horse did truly die that day.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Maybe I shouldn't have skinned its corpse.  :lol
[close]

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1153 on: June 12, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »
The treasure maps actually start to get kind of fun. I like puzzling out their locations.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1154 on: June 12, 2010, 11:17:31 PM »
Title Update 1.02

* Resolved various NAT incompatibility issues
* Improved connectivity to multiplayer for users with slower connections
* Improved reporting for Shootout and Gang Shootout games
* Fixed instance where Mo Van Barr would not appear as a bounty
* Fixed multiplayer titles not appearing for some users in the outfitter
* Fixed instance where lawmen stopped responding even though the player was wanted
* Fixed Issue with hogtied victims disappearing when ragdolled
* Fixed crash in Free Mode when cooking dynamite and going into the water
* Fixed audible glitch at the end of some cutscenes
* Fixed Solomon's Folly Action Area not ending after posse leader teleports in late
* Corrected Social Club 100% Tracker so stats update properly
* Various multiplayer issues addressed including load screen hang-ups and UI glitches
* Eliminated miscellaneous game crashes

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/6001/title_update_1.02_now_available_for_red_dead_redemption_on_playstation_3_and_xbox_360.article

yeehaw, get yer asses online

:(  try clearing your cache?
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
sup

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1156 on: June 13, 2010, 02:16:17 PM »
I've enjoyed the Mexico stuff. But I notice my taste in the storylines for these sort of games differ from other people often. The rebel leader is hilarious for example.

Beezy

« Reply #1157 on: June 13, 2010, 04:18:10 PM »
Got this from gamefly yesterday. Haven't done anything yet besides shooting some rabbits and coyotes.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1158 on: June 13, 2010, 05:31:46 PM »
I've enjoyed the Mexico stuff. But I notice my taste in the storylines for these sort of games differ from other people often. The rebel leader is hilarious for example.
Yeah Reyes is pretty awesome, he needed more screentime. He was like, really stoned or something.

Quote from: Chronovore
A few more missions and the 20 missions with the same horse 'cheev should pop. If not, I'll know that my lovely horse did truly die that day.
Good luck with that one, its a glitchy cheev. Im only missing that one and Lvl 50 in multi now. I have to start a new game to get it :(

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1159 on: June 13, 2010, 06:10:56 PM »
On the final stretch of the game now. I'll either finish it tonight or tomorrow. 

I really enjoyed the Mexico stuff myself like I said.

Robo

« Reply #1160 on: June 13, 2010, 11:18:38 PM »
There's something about Reyes' voice acting that seems off.  The concept is great, but the delivery is all wrong.
obo

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1161 on: June 14, 2010, 12:31:44 AM »
Title Update 1.02

* Fixed instance where lawmen stopped responding even though the player was wanted
* Fixed Solomon's Folly Action Area not ending after posse leader teleports in late
* Various multiplayer issues addressed including load screen hang-ups and UI glitches
()snip

Well, actually, this occurred for the first time ever for me yesterday, AFTER the 1.02 patch.  :lol

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1162 on: June 14, 2010, 01:16:13 AM »
everyone is raging on the rockstar blog, apparently they lowered the xp you get from gang hideouts making it much slower to level up :lol

actually been playing some gang matches, they're okay but i still disagree with weapon crates being on the maps (everyone should have the same decent revolver/pistol, repeater/rifle, and shotgun loadout, with maybe fire bottles and dynamite as the pickups)

the problem is that when you die in a shootout match, you lose any weapons you picked up, so people who grab the best weapons first tend to hang around the crates and pick off anyone trying to get to something other than the woefully underpowered revolver you spawn with - the balancing is kinda shit for pure deathmatch types

if you stick with gold rush and hold your own gold bag games it's fun, though
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1163 on: June 14, 2010, 01:24:38 AM »
also, in regards to no one playing the multi matches:

i had been thinking the same thing, and when you first start a match there might be you and one or two other dudes at the beginning, but after a few seconds other people start joining and the room fills out
sup

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1164 on: June 14, 2010, 01:27:10 AM »
everyone is raging on the rockstar blog, apparently they lowered the xp you get from gang hideouts making it much slower to level up :lol

YOU ARE JOKING

Hopefully the co-op mission pack (which cannot come soon enough I might add) grants decent XP. Ive already done most of the Freeroam challenges, and I cant really be stuffed with the PVP game modes (although I want to grab 75 bags for the "Sack Toucher" title). But TBH, the hideouts did give you tons of easy XP so I guess its fair, and it encourages people to do the hunting, collection etc. challenges.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1165 on: June 14, 2010, 01:31:08 AM »
i got your back in co-op!
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1166 on: June 14, 2010, 01:36:02 AM »
but the biggest problem with multi in general is that there's no real rhyme or reason to what you can take cover behind or climb over/jump up to

you can take cover behind a thigh-high rock, but you can't climb over it?  you can jump over this part of the fence, but not the part right next to it?  you can reach up and touch a porch roof but you can't grab it and pull yourself up, while you can easily climb one you have to jump up towards?

:wtf
sup

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1167 on: June 14, 2010, 02:40:28 AM »
I've gotten better, but I still don't understand how to play when it gets down to 1 vs. 1.  I always end up blowing it at that point.

They should put some of the gambling games in multiplayer, winner gets experience.

I'm surprised they didn't put all the games in multiplayer. Liars dice is pretty fun. 
It just dawned on me that there's no instancing in Free Roam, right? So if a bunch of guys sat down for a serious game of poker, they'd likely be interrupted by griefers just running into the bar and gunning everyone down for kicks.

If the free-for-all games are handled as instanced areas where there isn't outside interference, maybe a similar rule could happen for gambling mini-games?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1168 on: June 14, 2010, 10:35:37 AM »
Title Update 1.02

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/6001/title_update_1.02_now_available_for_red_dead_redemption_on_playstation_3_and_xbox_360.article

yeehaw, get yer asses online

:(  try clearing your cache?
How do I clear my cache?  I tried it when I started the game up and got the update and I tried to jump in and it kicked me right out and I said fuck it.  Maybe I'll try putting my NAT back to open.  It got worse on OPEN before.  Right now it's on moderate. So I'll see.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1169 on: June 14, 2010, 10:37:55 AM »
How do I clear my cache?  I tried it when I started the game up and got the update and I tried to jump in and it kicked me right out and I said fuck it.  Maybe I'll try putting my NAT back to open.  It got worse on OPEN before.  Right now it's on moderate. So I'll see.

But you definitely want your NAT open rather than moderate or strict.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1170 on: June 14, 2010, 11:11:16 AM »

It just dawned on me that there's no instancing in Free Roam, right? So if a bunch of guys sat down for a serious game of poker, they'd likely be interrupted by griefers just running into the bar and gunning everyone down for kicks.

If the free-for-all games are handled as instanced areas where there isn't outside interference, maybe a similar rule could happen for gambling mini-games?

that's the route i think they'll go, just adding it to the playlist

everyone's asking for it, i'm sure they'll figure out a way to get those spacebux
sup

Robo

« Reply #1171 on: June 14, 2010, 11:34:32 AM »
Instancing seems like the obvious solution, but I wonder what they'll do when someone wants to quit in the middle of a poker game.
obo

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1172 on: June 14, 2010, 11:54:15 AM »
If you want to quit a poker game mid-round, you have to play the fast-draw minigame or the stud horse "milking" minigame in front of a bunch of nuns.

...Or they'll just turn the seat over to an AI player, and not give the quitter any points.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1173 on: June 15, 2010, 10:21:29 AM »
I tried clearing my cache, I tried setting my NAT to open which again made it worse.  This time it wouldn't even act like it was trying it just straight up told me it couldn't connect.  So then I set it back and I got the same old BS again when I tried joining the same session as Eel.  Fuck this shit :'(

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1174 on: June 15, 2010, 10:23:52 AM »
sorry, i saw you trying to connect :(

I need to organize a hit squad for a particularly nasty griefer, so I'm putting out the call ahead of time, if anyone sees a game invite from me that means I have tracked him down and it's lynching time
sup

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1175 on: June 15, 2010, 10:33:51 AM »
 :lol :lol

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1176 on: June 15, 2010, 10:34:35 AM »
Title Update 1.02

()snip

Well, actually, this occurred for the first time ever for me yesterday, AFTER the 1.02 patch.  :lol
Did the patch fix your connection issues??

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1177 on: June 15, 2010, 10:41:30 AM »
i was paired up with this superghettospeak dude (he was yelling at his kids while we were playing :lol ) and we were doing the gaptooth breach mine gang hideout, when this dude name Punk Anarchy (I think) busted up in there and started griefing us, pushing the mine cart back in, making racist comments, and killing us while we were trying to fight off the gang

He knew how to work it and use the AI enemies for cover while he picked us off, so we could never get a bead on him

He's on my "recently played with" list, so I have a line on him, and I will extract justice

if I can't get up a posse, I plan on joining any games he's in, tracking him down and killing him, then leaving for another Free Roam immediately - I will do this several times until I feel he has been properly humbled
sup

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1178 on: June 15, 2010, 11:33:16 AM »
Did I finish the game?
I'm past the part where Marston is gunned down and am his son. Is that it? I know I can continue but is all that is left are stranger missions? I see no one on the map that I can meet up with to get missions.  :-\
[close]
©ZH

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1179 on: June 15, 2010, 11:47:30 AM »
go to blackwater, a ? will appear, go talk to that dude

game isn't over until you see the credits roll!
[close]
sup

pollo

« Reply #1180 on: June 15, 2010, 01:09:43 PM »
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/6361/red_dead_redemption_hardcore_free_roam_playlist_now_open.article

By popular demand, we've released a new Hardcore Free Roam Playlist for Red Dead Redemption multiplayer. This Free Roam is Expert targeting only – no Casual or Normal targeting allowed, and is now available for both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3.  Remember, this is strictly for the hardcore, so don’t complain when things get unpleasant.

For anybody currently in multiplayer who think they are hard enough, you'll need to completely back out and restart the game before this playlist will show up.

FUCK YEESSSSSSS

Brehvolution

« Reply #1181 on: June 15, 2010, 02:25:25 PM »
Bless your heart, Eel.  :heartbeat
©ZH

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1182 on: June 15, 2010, 06:34:44 PM »
Did I finish the game?
I'm past the part where Marston is gunned down and am his son. Is that it? I know I can continue but is all that is left are stranger missions? I see no one on the map that I can meet up with to get missions.  :-\
[close]

Do the final stranger missions. That is the "real" end of the game.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1183 on: June 15, 2010, 06:37:59 PM »
Finished it up today when I got home. Absolutely fucking great. I didn't honestly think anything would be a competitor for Mass Effect 2 for GOTY for me but that is very darn close. One of the most enjoyable open world games I've ever played. And the best open world game I've played since San Andreas. If I'm in the mood later I'll do a longer pro and cons sort of post where I kind of do my game break down but honestly when you finish a great game like this you just kind of want to bask in the glow for a little bit without over-thinking it. Really blew me away. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:42:37 PM by Stoney Mason »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1184 on: June 15, 2010, 06:43:58 PM »
Title Update 1.02

()snip

Did the patch fix your connection issues??

Possibly fixed, since I've not been disconnected, but I've only tried to play online twice since the 1.02 patch.

The first time it dropped me in a new Public Free Roam, all by my lonesome. No one else around, which may have as much to do with my timezone as anything else, though I've seen players from NZ and AU in previous Free Roams. Instead of looking for another Free Roam, I used it to get the Blackthorn to Escaluda (probably whiffing the names) 'cheev because I thought it would be uncommon. Eventually one other guy showed up.

The next time, SAME THING. All alone in a public free roam, I did hunting and survival challenges. One guy popped in and jumped out, I assume because there was nothing going on, though it could be connection issues.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1185 on: June 15, 2010, 07:08:57 PM »
Sometimes you get an empty free roam aye, I wouldnt worry too much...

Okay Ive nailed all of the hunting, survivalist and sharpshooter free roam challenges, need to start working on the Outlaw/Lawmen ones. Im pretty much done with solo free roam I think, until some DLC comes out. Still keen to play with buddies though. Definitely wanna boost some of the Outlaw/Lawman challenges with some pals. The beat x & x hideouts without dying ones are tough!

I tried a few more PVP matches last night, theyre fun enough I guess. I'm gonna keep playing Free for Alls until I unlock the "Sack Toucher" title (grab 75 bags in Gold Rush), shouldn't take too long. You get pretty sweet XP for playing Free for Alls anyway, most of the other players arent that good. I wish Gold Rush come up more often, though. 4 of 5 matches I played last night were just plain 'ol shootout.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1186 on: June 15, 2010, 07:15:44 PM »
yeah, i get popped into nearly empty free roams all the time.  i either just wait around and in a few it'll start to fill up, or just search for another
sup

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1187 on: June 15, 2010, 07:20:15 PM »
are you ready to roll with a bona-fide Sack Toucher?  :-*

man I cant wait to get that title

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1188 on: June 15, 2010, 07:20:58 PM »
yeah, other than going after griefers on vendetta rides, i think i might try to see how many of the challenges i can complete

are you ready to roll with a bona-fide Sack Toucher?  :-*

man I cant wait to get that title

sure am!
sup

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1189 on: June 15, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »
I really gave it the old college try on the MP but I just can't play this. The controls which barely nudge into the threshold for being "acceptable" for me as a single player game don't really cut it for a multiplayer game.  Still a great sp experience. Has some really neat ideas for the MP. And I'm sure the co-op stuff is probably enjoyable but since I can't really enjoy the competitive side of the game, back it goes to gamefly.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:32:26 PM by Stoney Mason »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1190 on: June 15, 2010, 09:40:36 PM »
Penny Arcade summed it up pretty well:
Multiplayer has other issues. Much as with GTA, it's incredibly impressive that you can drop into that world with other people and it will still be there. But this is some blasted-out carapace of the world you get in single player, the one with all the interesting characters and interesting jobs, which is to say that there are characters and jobs of any kind. I can hardly bear to go there it's so desolate, but it's not desolate as in "lonesome," which is what you are looking for sometimes, and the single player delivers. It's desolate as in "save for the cacti this might as well be the moon."

We talked about fetishes before, briefly - my fetish is not ostriches, but context. Red Dead Redemption has progression, so, like, two points for that, but it has no context, which strips the previously granted points of their value. More accurately, it puts the points out of phase with a value-granting structure. Outside of the novel setting, the individual multiplayer games have nothing substantial to offer a person other than progression. This is pretty ordinary stuff.

There are so many things to do in the actual game that you'd want to do with other people: you'd want to play horseshoes, or Poker, or Blackjack. Even those would be diversions, though. You'd want to drive cattle, or steal them; you want to cut a slice of that country out and see what you could make of it - or get yours riding rough over the smaller towns. As it stands, you're given desperately limited access to a sterile, stricken place without heart or memory.

This is exactly what I feel when I go into Free Roam, ten times moreso when I'm in it alone. It's fun to run around in Free Roam with someone else, chatting, shooting, clearing out bad guys... it's hard to notice how similar the tasks are to the singleplayer game's tasks, except that most of the Challenge tasks are not suitable for posse play, because they're about hunting rare resources, which drags players from cooperative into competitive play.

But when playing through those tasks outside of a posse in Free Roam, playing alone in the world, the instances of ambient tasks to help strangers on the road, the ?-Strangers, the characters from the main story... they're all gone. Even the townsfolk and passersby on the road are less than in the singleplayer, and when I encounter them they do not greet my Cow Lover based on his accomplishments as they did for Marsten. There are no consumables, so there are no reasons to go to town anyway.

The singleplayer and multiplayer have managed to produce a stunning example in contrast, of what a few changes in game design can mean to the player's experience. The gameplay itself is nearly identical, but the motivation for performing those same tasks, becomes so abstract as to become meaningless. It turns it from a living experience into a grind.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1191 on: June 15, 2010, 09:48:03 PM »
well, to be fair, they never claimed any of that would be in the game

free roam was supposed to be a meetup place where you'd bullshit around until someone launched a mp game mode

i'm certainly having a good time making my own fun out of it
sup

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1192 on: June 15, 2010, 09:49:48 PM »
For me since I play competitive MP games a lot it sort of boils down to this.

When you play an open world game, in general its really a sum of its parts sort of thing. RDR is a great single player game not because of any one element but because of dozens of things. The music, the story, the free roam shit, the unexpected, skill and character progression, the diversity of gameplay experiences, etc. I could keep on going and name about a dozen things.

But in a MP environment, all that extra stuff is boiled off and what's left is core mechanics. The strength of RDR is not core mechanics. So even though there might be some interesting ideas in the MP, the core mechanics aren't strong enough for me to devote real time to it.

I think Free Roam would probably be fun because that's more about co-operative play which is its own kind of fun. But I'm more a competitive MP player so since that's my bias there isn't a lot here for me. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:00:01 PM by Stoney Mason »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1193 on: June 16, 2010, 02:08:47 AM »
well, to be fair, they never claimed any of that would be in the game

free roam was supposed to be a meetup place where you'd bullshit around until someone launched a mp game mode

i'm certainly having a good time making my own fun out of it

I'm not saying it's not fun or poorly implemented. It's BETTER implemented than any other "lobby" I've ever seen. :) Other games usually have nothing to do for players who are alone in the environment. At least if I'm alone in Free Roam, I can do the Challenges, even if they are not providing the same impetus as singleplayer. I'm simply saying that the similarity between the singleplayer game and the multiplayer lobby is resonating in an unpleasant but enlightening way.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1194 on: June 16, 2010, 08:48:02 AM »
I think there'll be more stuff added, after the free co-op dlc there are at least two more planned dlc releases for summer, and according to the rockstar blog "additional content through fall"

personally, i think they should have front-loaded the multi from the beginning and had any paid dlc be single player mission packs, because i agree with you guys that if you're not into warring with other players it's pretty empty, and folks are already moving on to other games

they just added a hardcore free roam selectable from the menu, btw, no aim assist for anything
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:49:42 AM by Eel O'Brian »
sup

Brehvolution

« Reply #1195 on: June 16, 2010, 09:57:52 AM »
Saw the credits! :hyper

This is the first game I finished in a looooong time. feelsgoodman.jpg

I want to play MP at least once before I let a friend borrow it so I'll hit you guys up this week.
©ZH

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #1196 on: June 16, 2010, 10:08:52 AM »
I'd get a whole lot more done if I could resist the temptation to not chase down every animal I see and blast it to kingdom come. I'm not ususally that easily distracted in open world games, but in this one, it's "Ok, let's race on back to Armadil...DEER!! *BLAM* *BLAM* HAHAHAHAHAohshitcougar*

Last night I had to force myself to stop "hunting" and get back to the main game to make some progress.
fek

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1197 on: June 16, 2010, 12:29:44 PM »
Oh, man. That's me in spades.

A guy at work is saying, you've got to get to the north! There's this thing in the story I want to talk about! So I came home and put the kids to bed, and proceeded to play a couple Mexico missions. I got through three, and ended up near Amarillo -- at which point I devolved into hunting wolves and coyotes and skinning horses left dead after ambush encounters, which led to doing three more bounties... OH RIGHT. STORY MISSIONS. Finally got back to Mexico and did a depressing one.  :-\

But, yeah, seriously I spend about 80% of my time just gathering plants and shooting critters. I found that endless wolf spot mentioned a few pages back. Shit was starting to freak me out. Endless see of wolf corpses.

Brehvolution

« Reply #1198 on: June 16, 2010, 01:06:08 PM »
I probably would have done more hunting if money was actually hard to get. But since money, ammo, and guns were plenty I didn't have to bother with hunting.
©ZH

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1199 on: June 16, 2010, 02:17:39 PM »
I did tons of the extra shit just because I really enjoyed it and it fit the universe. I just genuinely enjoyed it. I wasn't even necessarily motivated by the upgrade mechanic in place. I just liked doing it.