Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 899205 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #11340 on: January 23, 2020, 02:28:08 PM »
You are.still expected (and even more so back when I was in college) to go to the library to do your research for relevant literature for your term papers.

You know this, so top trolling me :bolo
All the databases are online. Or are you really that old?
每天生气

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #11341 on: January 23, 2020, 02:28:17 PM »
Damn I'm glad I don't do online dating, I would want to chat a bunch and would probably go in the bin haha. Is it that way even for people in their 30's? For me, it's exciting finding someone you vibe with and having good conversation. Like how do you convince people you aren't a creep or something if you don't chat a bunch?

:hmm

Nothing is creepier than him typing 'haha'. Like some psychopath trying to imitate human emotion

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11342 on: January 23, 2020, 02:29:43 PM »
haha.

shosta

« Reply #11343 on: January 23, 2020, 02:31:45 PM »
Nothing is creepier than him typing 'haha'. Like some psychopath trying to imitate human emotion
this is what you have to resort to when conveying complex emotions on an inferior forum without emotes  :snob
每天生气

ResetBanBot

« Reply #11344 on: January 23, 2020, 02:33:11 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #11345 on: January 23, 2020, 02:34:46 PM »
You are.still expected (and even more so back when I was in college) to go to the library to do your research for relevant literature for your term papers.

You know this, so top trolling me :bolo
All the databases are online. Or are you really that old?

The databases are, but the vast majority of books and a good chunk of journals are print only even today.

:rage

shosta

« Reply #11346 on: January 23, 2020, 02:38:49 PM »
The databases are, but the vast majority of books and a good chunk of journals are print only even today.

You don't even have a real field of study (political science), what could you possibly be learning from these print-only journals?
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #11347 on: January 23, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »

You don't even have a real field of study (political science), what could you possibly be learning from these print-only journals?

Hey, I have nothing to do with PolSci, let’s not say things we can’t take back.

shosta

« Reply #11348 on: January 23, 2020, 02:40:22 PM »
Oh, are you the history professor here? :lol What I originally thought benji was before I learned the sad truth.
每天生气

Rman

« Reply #11349 on: January 23, 2020, 02:40:28 PM »
Damn I'm glad I don't do online dating, I would want to chat a bunch and would probably go in the bin haha. Is it that way even for people in their 30's? For me, it's exciting finding someone you vibe with and having good conversation. Like how do you convince people you aren't a creep or something if you don't chat a bunch?

:hmm

I feel there's a rule here. Those who worry about creepiness incessantly are the most creepy.

BisMarckie

« Reply #11350 on: January 23, 2020, 02:44:01 PM »
Oh, are you the history professor here? :lol What I originally thought benji was before I learned the sad truth.

I am a lawyer you dingus, but got my PhD in history of law and I am now working in that department.

shosta

« Reply #11351 on: January 23, 2020, 02:44:33 PM »
Apologies. I've updated your dossier.
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #11352 on: January 23, 2020, 02:45:37 PM »
Apologies. I've updated your dossier.

Sorry, my dossier is print only :smug

shosta

« Reply #11353 on: January 23, 2020, 02:46:57 PM »
Anyway I've never been in a library before, sorry.
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #11355 on: January 23, 2020, 02:58:23 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #11356 on: January 23, 2020, 03:00:29 PM »
"tiny butthole" is my favorite don ho song

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #11357 on: January 23, 2020, 03:03:53 PM »
for real though, i have a hard time believing the "tier 1 IT" thing even if i mock it. mainly cause i'm not a super genius or even "very smart" like bronson and i managed to move up into the higher ranks just by learning on the job and figuring stuff out as i go.

His LinkedIn is public.  It's basically been a series of tier 1 IT jobs that last for 1-2 years.  Probably a combo of not having any real skills and being an ass to his co-workers.

He made a thread about finally getting some Microsoft certification and of course no one cared.

The library? What would you go to the library for? Almost no one needs to go to the library.

If you're stuck in the dorms and/or have a shitty roommate, it's a quiet place to study or take a nap.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 03:08:44 PM by porkbun »

Pwnz

« Reply #11358 on: January 23, 2020, 03:08:37 PM »
Era losing it's shit over 1 Bernie poll is too much man.  RCP over max shows a clear story - Biden is going to win.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/2020_democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html

Most recently, yeah, Bernie has gotten a bump. But so did Biden, from Warren and Buttigeg dropping in polls.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11359 on: January 23, 2020, 03:20:03 PM »

I am a lawyer you dingus, but got my PhD in history of law and I am now working in that department.

How many academics do we have on here?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
how bout them coeds amirite
[close]
:O

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #11360 on: January 23, 2020, 03:22:30 PM »
deactivating your linkedin :jeb

also i do remember that thread. it was a salesforce certification which is some snake oil shit for sure.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #11361 on: January 23, 2020, 03:32:13 PM »
 :yuck
linkedin is a close contender for the tops sins of c*pitalism

Pwnz

« Reply #11362 on: January 23, 2020, 03:32:26 PM »
I only log into linkedin in order to accept connections with people I know.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #11363 on: January 23, 2020, 03:38:07 PM »

also i do remember that thread. it was a salesforce certification which is some snake oil shit for sure.

Oy.  That's even worse.

I liked it for a while.  I got a couple of jobs from it, including my current one that I've been at for 5 years.

But now it's like Facebook Lite and people just post memes or copy/pasted articles, and any of the job offers I get are for shit sales, call center, or temp/contract jobs.  So I haven't been on there in quite a while.

BisMarckie

« Reply #11364 on: January 23, 2020, 03:40:31 PM »

Oy.  That's even worse.

I liked it for a while.  I got a couple of jobs from it, including my current one that I've been at for 5 years.

But now it's like Facebook Lite and people just post memes or copy/pasted articles, and any of the job offers I get are for shit sales, call center, or temp/contract jobs.  So I haven't been on there in quite a while.

When I was on Linkedin, all I got were job offers from shitty start ups who tried to conceal the fact that their pay was utter shit by using quirky language :yuck

shosta

« Reply #11365 on: January 23, 2020, 03:43:02 PM »
At least on Facebook there are funny memes. My LinkedIn feed is people constantly posting shit about hard work, entrepreneurship, how blessed they are, etc. Just extremely performative content tailored for employers.
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #11366 on: January 23, 2020, 03:51:48 PM »
damn, I wish I saved that linkedin cringe I saw recently about someone brownnosing their boss for letting them use a pen

Shakin Stevens

« Reply #11367 on: January 23, 2020, 03:59:07 PM »
All you cool kids who didn't go to the library -

how else are you supposed to photocopy your buttocks and stick them in various locations around campus?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11369 on: January 23, 2020, 04:34:35 PM »
I’ve been ghosted countless times. I’ve been given the “I’m sick” excuse. I’ve absolutely been in that position, I’ve just had enough empathy to understand that people genuinely do get sick and need to cancel.

I mean... if you hadn't been so thirsty empathetic for all those 'oh, yea, sorry didn't show i was sick' times, maybe you wouldn't have ended up being ghosted those countless times.

:idont

BisMarckie

« Reply #11370 on: January 23, 2020, 04:35:38 PM »
The rain check thread is still going :

https://www.resetera.com/threads/got-sick-calls-rain-check-on-date-he-says-he-doesn%E2%80%99t-do-reschedule.166307/post-28506012

How hard can it be to understand that this is a stranger that doesn't owe you anything and vice versa?

because it implies all women are liars.

:lol
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:44:19 PM by BisMarckie »

« Reply #11371 on: January 23, 2020, 04:38:41 PM »
Watching some of my friends have marriages fall apart and reading people's misery in the realm of dating is just the fuel I need to feel less miserable in my life as a boring family man with zero free time.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11372 on: January 23, 2020, 04:42:30 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/got-sick-calls-rain-check-on-date-he-says-he-doesn%E2%80%99t-do-reschedule.166307/post-28506012

How hard can it be to understand that this is stranger that doesn't owe you anything and vice versa?

The amount of projection in the lack of chat for 4 days and what amounts to 6 sentences max total is amazing.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/got-sick-calls-rain-check-on-date-he-says-he-doesn%E2%80%99t-do-reschedule.166307/post-28504588

Dude. You have issues.

:social
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11373 on: January 23, 2020, 04:44:28 PM »
From the guy that slipped "That guy is a piece of shit !" in the first reply :

I mean, I should have known better to give my personal opinion about a man in a dating thread? I now realise this is quite the emotional topic for some!

:gamergate

https://www.resetera.com/threads/got-sick-calls-rain-check-on-date-he-says-he-doesn%E2%80%99t-do-reschedule.166307/post-28503916
ὕβρις

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #11374 on: January 23, 2020, 04:50:30 PM »
yawn

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #11375 on: January 23, 2020, 04:52:54 PM »
FernandoRocker said:

Not to sound rude, but from my point of view, it seems you were in the wrong here.

If a girl told me that the very day of the date, it would seem like she is making excuses to not see me. I know you were sick, but that's the oldest of the excuses.

When fucking FernandoRocker is the voice of reason in a thread, you know you done fucked up.

The amount of white knighting in that thread is insane.  The guy was pretty nice in his reply about the cancellation.  It's not like that Jason's Ultimatum guy that sent a bunch of texts calling a woman a cunt because she wanted to meet up at a place he would have to pay $5 for parking or any other of a massive number dating gaffes from the REE/GAF dating threads.

« Reply #11376 on: January 23, 2020, 04:54:33 PM »
The main problem I see with that thread is it's just one of those internet things where people are sort of understandably interested in projecting based on their experience, but it reaches a point where it's just a lousy basis for a forum thread. Like in a discord chat where it'll get buried and forgotten after a half hour it's fine fodder to vent about one's personal life and get feedback from whoever is around at that point in time. But for a forum where it'll just keep getting bumped there is absolutely no need at all for this to have 440 replies given just how fucking little information there is to go on. The dude could very well be an asshole, or he might just have developed a straightforward no-nonsense approach because this isn't his first rodeo. Nobody knows. And in lieu of information to make anything even vaguely resembling an accurate character assessment all you're left with is insane extrapolation.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11377 on: January 23, 2020, 05:04:00 PM »
yawn

(Image removed from quote.)

LIED TO AND MANIPULATED.
BronsonLee : Mastermind.
ὕβρις

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #11378 on: January 23, 2020, 05:07:11 PM »
Wait you mean to tell me someone actually listened to a bronson post?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #11379 on: January 23, 2020, 05:22:20 PM »
yawn

What a load of shit. Even if he was "lied to and manipulated" it's absolutely inappropriate for a mod to then make a passive aggressive bait thread about the EGS.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #11380 on: January 23, 2020, 05:43:51 PM »
for real though, i have a hard time believing the "tier 1 IT" thing even if i mock it. mainly cause i'm not a super genius or even "very smart" like bronson and i managed to move up into the higher ranks just by learning on the job and figuring stuff out as i go.

His LinkedIn is public.  It's basically been a series of tier 1 IT jobs that last for 1-2 years.  Probably a combo of not having any real skills and being an ass to his co-workers.

He made a thread about finally getting some Microsoft certification and of course no one cared.

you know this actually is different than what I expected

there's a difference between a series of tier 1 jobs that last a couple years and staying at one place in tier 1 for 10 years

the latter you are probably just comfortable with the pay and benefits and job security I won't judge that

holy shit @ hopping between the exact same job  :mueller
Uncle

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #11381 on: January 23, 2020, 05:46:36 PM »
This whole thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hot-pockets-just-backed-stonetoss-a-well-known-alt-right-webcomic-artist.166430/

I'm technically putting a large target in my head, because alot of these chuds are expecting someone like us to report / talk about it

:crowdlaff

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #11382 on: January 23, 2020, 05:51:11 PM »

How hard can it be to understand that this is a stranger that doesn't owe you anything and vice versa?

because it implies all women are liars.

:lol

I'm still trying to figure out what:

It’s kinda hard to take him seriously when the restaurant he suggested is in his neighborhood.

this was supposed to mean, OP never responded.

BisMarckie

« Reply #11383 on: January 23, 2020, 05:52:15 PM »
This whole thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hot-pockets-just-backed-stonetoss-a-well-known-alt-right-webcomic-artist.166430/

I'm technically putting a large target in my head, because alot of these chuds are expecting someone like us to report / talk about it

https://twitter.com/a_lit_bit/status/1219858191166640128

:what

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #11384 on: January 23, 2020, 05:55:24 PM »
Nice platforming guys.

BisMarckie

« Reply #11385 on: January 23, 2020, 05:56:13 PM »
Also gonna drop a subreddit I enjoy, where people take stonetoss comics and make them left leaning.

:trash

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #11386 on: January 23, 2020, 05:58:57 PM »
stonetoss  :lol
got some pretty cringey shit but that male feminist one was bang on the money

also, lmao at thinking the obsessively follow and edit his comics crowd is somehow not taking the bigger L

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11387 on: January 23, 2020, 05:59:09 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out what:

It’s kinda hard to take him seriously when the restaurant he suggested is in his neighborhood.

this was supposed to mean, OP never responded.

Oh you too ? Two people asked about that yeah. Sadly we may never know.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11388 on: January 23, 2020, 05:59:23 PM »
This whole thread.

HUMAN *CLAP* LIVES *CLAP* WERE *CLAP* AT *CLAP* RISK *CLAP* OVER *CLAP* A *CLAP* FROZEN *CLAP* DINNER
©@©™

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #11389 on: January 23, 2020, 06:08:29 PM »
So what's the Discord that sent up the signal that attracted such luminaries as Sweeney Swift and incelsiorlef immediately to that faux-EGS thread created in response to BronsonLee's tweets?

:sabu :shaq2 :shaq :umad

Amazing
sigh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #11390 on: January 23, 2020, 06:13:47 PM »
EGS shit is really not important right now tbh on today of all days

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11391 on: January 23, 2020, 06:25:15 PM »
Stonetoss is garbaggio and the parodies on his shit are somehow even worse.  :mynicca
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11392 on: January 23, 2020, 06:25:25 PM »

That's why excelspreadsheet was deployed to deal with it.
©@©™

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #11393 on: January 23, 2020, 06:26:08 PM »
So what's the Discord that sent up the signal that attracted such luminaries as Sweeney Swift and incelsiorlef immediately to that faux-EGS thread created in response to BronsonLee's tweets?

:sabu :shaq2 :shaq :umad

Amazing

Excel has been manipulated and lied to!

BisMarckie

« Reply #11394 on: January 23, 2020, 06:31:17 PM »
The Bire is the #1 spot for radical right wing crossdressing femboys btw.

Rman

« Reply #11395 on: January 23, 2020, 06:35:22 PM »

Trailhead.  That's legit actually.  It's a training platform for Salesforce, made by Salesforce itself. It's also free.  Rather neat.

I can't shit on a dude for struggling with his career trajectory tho.  Kinda a low blow.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #11396 on: January 23, 2020, 06:39:52 PM »
The only good stonetoss comic is the one about the male feminist trying to blend in.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #11398 on: January 23, 2020, 06:49:01 PM »

It’s really not important on any day :trumps

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #11399 on: January 23, 2020, 06:51:53 PM »