Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront  (Read 23042 times)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: Star Wars Battlefront
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2015, 06:40:20 PM »
What edition of this should I buy this weekend? Does Season Pass mean future proof on dlc?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2015, 10:59:41 PM »
The deluxe edition just seems to have some cosmetic stuff and early unlocks. The season pass is to get the 4 DLC map packs not counting Jakku which is free for all in a couple weeks.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2015, 07:23:03 AM »
That feel when you shoot down 3 Tie Fighters and take down an At St helping the team win a Supremacy match

Tasty

« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2015, 12:46:26 PM »
I'm 31 and got into SW around 13, so longer than Andrex has been alive.

Not true. :maf

Damn I'm getting old. :fbm

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #184 on: November 27, 2015, 01:58:31 PM »
Game is pretty rad, wish there was more you could do split screen.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2015, 10:56:16 PM »
Sometimes you have runs in this game that are godly.

BrokenVerses

« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2015, 03:06:36 AM »
Other than the occasional raging at a failed abortion of a team, this game has been pretty fun so far.

Seriously if you want to play Deathmatch go do that. Activate the fucking Uplink.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #187 on: November 30, 2015, 03:18:15 AM »
Other than the occasional raging at a failed abortion of a team, this game has been pretty fun so far.

Seriously if you want to play Deathmatch go do that. Activate the fucking Uplink.

Though isn't this pretty much the problem with every multiplayer online game, ever?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2015, 10:33:16 AM »
I'm damn hooked at this point. The A-Wing is totally over powered, I'm just about unstoppable in one playing flight squadron

Stoney Mason

« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2015, 02:35:24 PM »

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:27:50 PM by Stoney Mason »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2015, 04:50:33 PM »
I'm damn hooked at this point. The A-Wing is totally over powered, I'm just about unstoppable in one playing flight squadron

This is true and everyone has found out, not sure if it's just the speed or the size making it hard to hit. When playing as imperials I just try to focus on the x wings which are almost always AI.

Hopefully they balance that and Walker Assault on Endor where it's too easy to win as rebels.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2015, 11:10:16 AM »

This is true and everyone has found out, not sure if it's just the speed or the size making it hard to hit. When playing as imperials I just try to focus on the x wings which are almost always AI.

Hopefully they balance that and Walker Assault on Endor where it's too easy to win as rebels.

Hit Box is wonky, they will address it with the Jakku patch I would assume.
YMMV

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2015, 11:33:44 AM »
15 hours played, rank 20, almost 1k kills, 1 k/d and 35% trophurs unlocked

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2015, 01:08:39 PM »
I killed a ton of A-Wings in a TIE Interceptor the other night. You're right that there are a lot of AI X-Wings though. I was disappointed when I realized that every fighter on the map wasn't a human player. I'd really love it if they could make it so that you have the same number of ships with no AI.

For the DLC they should add some new ships. Throw in the B-Wing for the Rebels and the TIE Defender for the Imperials. Shit would be fun.

Guys how do we not know the following

20 on 20
10 on 10 human contolled
All AI are standard Ties
All AI are X-wings

c'mon brehs
YMMV

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2015, 01:12:03 PM »
The ai is a bit lame, also there should be more geometry to fly through. Space battles and asteroid fields etc

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2015, 01:22:13 PM »
The ai is a bit lame, also there should be more geometry to fly through. Space battles and asteroid fields etc

Agreed.

These things need to happen:

1) Nerf the Falcon and Slave One, specifically the Falcon and that damn ramming shield
2) Increase the hit box on A wings by 20%
3) Allow AI to fly both types of vehicles so assholes like me don't go 7-29-4 by targeting ties
4) Add space battles damnit
5) See post 4

Also, I was actually killed by a turbo laser once. Didn't know that shit was live  :doge
YMMV

Stoney Mason

« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2015, 02:42:28 PM »
Tried turning point and Jakku. The mode is "okay" although its mostly one big zerg. It would work better if you had to plant a bomb or something instead of just staying in the cap point.

The map is okay although its a sand/desert map so calling it Jakku doesn't significantly make it any different than if it was on Tatooine.

BrokenVerses

« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2015, 03:59:01 PM »
Getting an AT-AT gunner token.

:rejoice

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2015, 06:23:25 PM »
Getting an AT-AT gunner token.

:rejoice

Getting an AT-AT token and get sniped before you can activate it  :miyamoto
YMMV

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2015, 08:07:53 PM »
I got bored of this game from just watching a 25 minute gameplay video.

It's a shame as it looks so damn good, if only there was a decent campaign in there.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2015, 02:06:27 AM »
I'm still lovin it, crushed it on Heroes vs Villains tonight and got up to 14. I guess story based co-op would be cool or whatever but it's totally not the type of thing I want from it. I just want to do well, get credits, unlock shit and develop strategies around the shit I unlock to outsmart anonymous people. I fucking love that shit. Watched my stepson take down a AT-AT tonight with an airspeeder's tow cable in Walker assault to win the match too, it was awesome.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2015, 03:55:52 AM »
MR G, watching a 25 min of any game would be boring, you need to play it. Game is dope.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2015, 12:21:02 PM »
I bought the survivalist trait, kinda wishing I did the scout one, guess I'll just buy that next

Stoney Mason

« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2015, 12:29:13 PM »
I think a lot of the traits are cool but I think staying off the mini-map is so crucial that I end up sticking with that one. I wish sprinting didn't put you on the mini-map as it would allow me to switch up on those traits more readily.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2015, 12:38:09 PM »
MR G, watching a 25 min of any game would be boring, you need to play it. Game is dope.

The dumb criticisms this game has gotten are kinda odd and show the disconnect between me and what a lot of gamers are. Same thing happened with Titanfall.

Which is not to say you can't criticize this game. There is a lot that can be intelligently criticized. Balance issues, amount of maps, etc.

But there is this over-riding criticism that keeps harping back on this issue of "depth" which is such a subjective thing in the shooter space that when people talk about it it strikes me as odd. Not to mention it ends up trying to pigeon hole all shooters into one type of design model.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2015, 01:25:46 PM »
I've been getting a bug where my star cards don't work on the first spawn of a match or round. One respawn seems to fix it, so I've taken to sprinting into battle at the beginning of every round/match.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2015, 06:53:42 PM »
Never seen that bug but it is a very glitchy game. I've had it totally crash even a few times.

I just wish the number of maps and vehicles was doubled. That's what really annoys moi.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2015, 08:37:29 PM »

The dumb criticisms this game has gotten are kinda odd and show the disconnect between me and what a lot of gamers are. Same thing happened with Titanfall.

Which is not to say you can't criticize this game. There is a lot that can be intelligently criticized. Balance issues, amount of maps, etc.

But there is this over-riding criticism that keeps harping back on this issue of "depth" which is such a subjective thing in the shooter space that when people talk about it it strikes me as odd. Not to mention it ends up trying to pigeon hole all shooters into one type of design model.

Yeah, Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare is by no means a deep game with perks and ability trees or crap, but it is crazy fun to play, and perfect for a less brofessional audience.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2015, 09:41:48 PM »

Yeah, Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare is by no means a deep game with perks and ability trees or crap, but it is crazy fun to play, and perfect for a less brofessional audience.

There seems to be a relatively recent belief among reviewers and even the hardcore people who play these games that everybody who is playing them is in preparation for turning MLG pro and therefore every design decision that is made in these type of games needs to follow forward from that principle. I understand why this is happening. I just don't agree with it. This idea didn't exist maybe 5 to 7 years ago. But its dominate now in this genre.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #209 on: December 04, 2015, 07:01:43 AM »
18 hours in now and Im running with the E11, impact nade, jetpack, scout trait and that area scan thing.

As im playing a lot of dropzone might switch that for the shield.

Curious if the dl blaster really is that good, but I havent liled any other gun but the e11 so far

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2015, 07:41:09 PM »
Switched to bounty hunter trait, it's pretty rad. Been just hopping between game modes, blasters, and star cards based on what my current objectives are.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2015, 04:06:12 AM »
That personal shield card is doing my head in on Dropzone, hate feckers capping my pods with it. Think I need to equip something to shoot through it, Ion blast?

Dropzone is legit a great mode, so tight sometimes  :whew

Fighting over last pod for minutes after timer runs out   :noah

Stoney Mason

« Reply #212 on: December 10, 2015, 10:56:24 AM »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2015, 09:32:54 AM »
Such a great looking game