Author Topic: International Politics Thread - Disease and Disaster  (Read 1312793 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: How Do I Shot Drone? : International Politics Thread
« Reply #780 on: August 01, 2014, 09:29:10 PM »
http://m.vice.com/read/israeli-racism-gaza-kleinfeld-511

:fbm

How do Jewish people not see the utter hypocrisy and irony of wishing another race to be exterminated?  I am just at a loss for comprehension.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #781 on: August 01, 2014, 09:50:53 PM »
How do Jewish people not see the utter hypocrisy and irony of wishing another race to be exterminated?  I am just at a loss for comprehension.
Little known fact about Judaism, it operates by Highlander rules: There can only be one [chosen people].
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:55:21 PM by benjipwns »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #782 on: August 01, 2014, 10:28:36 PM »
Little known fact about Judaism, it operates by Highlander rules: There can only be one [chosen people].

Yes, America. But that doesn't explain the Jews.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #783 on: August 01, 2014, 10:32:37 PM »
Yes, America. But that doesn't explain the Jews.
Ever see a movie where the Great Sensi trains up a warrior to defeat all his foes just to teach him who the real master is in the end?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #784 on: August 02, 2014, 10:14:45 AM »
...the Israeli leader advised the Obama administration "not to ever second guess me again" on the matter.

:badass
dog

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #785 on: August 02, 2014, 12:05:08 PM »
Nationalistic Israelis have also turned on Israelis who disagree with them. Photographs have even emerged of pro-war protestors dressed in t-shirts with “Good Night Left Side” prints, a slogan usually used by European neo-Nazis. Violence from these groups has reached unprecedented levels. Last week in Haifa, a city usually presented as a model of liberal co-existence, an anti-war rally was attacked by 700 people carrying weapons.

the fuck

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #786 on: August 02, 2014, 08:30:26 PM »
"If political leaders and military experts determine that the only way to achieve its goal of sustaining quiet is through genocide is it then permissible to achieve those responsible goals?"
~Times of Berlin, November 1938
©@©™

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #787 on: August 02, 2014, 10:05:33 PM »
News anchors such as those from CNN, BBC and Al-Jazeera have not missed an opportunity to point out the majority of innocent civilians who have lost their lives as a result of this war. But anyone who lives with rocket launchers installed or terror tunnels burrowed in or around the vicinity of their home cannot be considered an innocent civilian.

I grew up near Marine Corps Air Station El Toro, I guess that means I was fair game for being bombed out of existence?

Glad they decommissioned that shit, then. :whew

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #788 on: August 02, 2014, 10:28:43 PM »
what is israel's immediate end game? they've already squeezed gaza to the point where the populace shows democratic solidarity behind an organization whose idea of diplomacy is lobbing fireworks over the border. israel has systematically destroyed their livelihoods, their homes, their infrastructure, their healthcare, their means for education and places of worship/recreation, not to mention their families and friends.

so they've taken a populace who already were pushed in to the hands of extremists and made them homeless, hungrier, less educated, with even less opportunity, with no where to relieve themselves of their shitty fucking lives and left people close to them in several separate bodybags. what is israel hoping will happen next?

is it all one big attempt to provoke a further reaction in order to justify ever more brutal punitive measures and erosions of territory/lives until the gaza strip is just the name for an israeli airport? are they hoping gaza just spontaneously implodes in a craze of mass suicides? because i honestly can't see any other potential conclusion.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #789 on: August 03, 2014, 06:35:37 AM »
is it all one big attempt to provoke a further reaction in order to justify ever more brutal punitive measures and erosions of territory/lives until the gaza strip is just the name for an israeli airport?
That's the only thing that makes sense to me. "But unless Hamas..."

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #790 on: August 03, 2014, 09:07:20 AM »
another day, another door to a UN school/shelter knocked in by an f-16.

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #791 on: August 03, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »
 :nsfw

https://www.facebook.com/StandingWithIDF/photos_stream

IDF supporters are kinda hot, maybe palestine supporters should do something like this too?  :-*
<コ:彡

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #792 on: August 03, 2014, 10:38:50 AM »
http://stanfordpress.typepad.com/blog/2014/07/racism-is-the-foundation-of-israels-operation-protective-edge.html

"Behind every terrorist stand dozens of men and women, without whom he could not engage in terrorism… They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now, this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They must follow their sons. Nothing would be more just. They should go, as well as the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there."

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #793 on: August 03, 2014, 10:50:11 AM »
Sigh. What do you even say to that?

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #794 on: August 03, 2014, 10:51:47 AM »
bent

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #795 on: August 03, 2014, 02:35:23 PM »
Hahaha, even the people in their propaganda videos look terrified  :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #796 on: August 03, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »
Sigh. What do you even say to that?

People don't think people be like they are, but they do.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #797 on: August 03, 2014, 10:13:18 PM »

“The rest of the world's reaction to what's happening in Gaza is Orwellian,” Krauthammer said. “It is shocking, especially in Europe. It is a resurgence of anti-Semitism not seen since the `30s, this is a recurrence, it's all over the world, and don't tell me its anti-Zionism. You listen to the slogan, you see the sign, Hitler was right in Germany, a sign in Germany saying that this is a veneer that is a front for anti-Semitism and it is back. It's all over the world. And that's what we're now beginning to face.

benjipwns

« Reply #798 on: August 03, 2014, 10:26:37 PM »
Want to like...so bad...must resist...uphold standards...

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #799 on: August 03, 2014, 10:34:33 PM »
man, he really took a hammer to those krauts

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #800 on: August 04, 2014, 10:15:21 AM »
A British man has been arrested on suspicion of sexually abusing underage girls in Cambodia after he was seen walking hand-in-hand with an 11-year-old girl in Phnom Penh.

Geneva-born Michael Jones, thought to be from South Wales, is said to have taken at least one underage girl to a rented room in the city on several occasions, and was seen ‘hugging and kissing’ her in public.

The 55-year-old was also pictured with half-dressed eight and nine-year-old girls and with a small child nestled on his lap.

The images led to Jones' arrest on suspicion of sexually abusing girls in Cambodian capital Phnom Penh.

One 11-year-old has made allegations to police that she was paid Ł3 for sex after being taken three times to a rented room by a man.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714891/British-paedophile-suspect-pictured-walking-hand-hand-11-year-old-girl-Cambodia.html

:mindblown :pacspit

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #801 on: August 04, 2014, 11:22:14 AM »
Ł3? So not only is he a disgusting pervo, but he's also a lousy tipper. :holeup
©@©™

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #802 on: August 04, 2014, 12:33:59 PM »
Some intense footage from Syria

:whoo
bent

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #803 on: August 04, 2014, 12:51:47 PM »

Pretty sure she got as much tip as she could handle.  Kids just blow it all on candy anyways.   

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #804 on: August 04, 2014, 12:58:31 PM »
No, Arvie, just no.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #805 on: August 04, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
le reddit humor upvote this XD
fat

Himu

Re: Broseidon Posts Combat Videos : International Politics Thread
« Reply #806 on: August 04, 2014, 02:00:09 PM »

Pretty sure she got as much tip as she could handle.  Kids just blow it all on candy anyways.   

IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #807 on: August 04, 2014, 02:05:34 PM »
Gross Arvie, why did you have to turn this into a joke?
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #808 on: August 04, 2014, 02:19:43 PM »
Jeez, I'm glad I went with the less offensive one. 

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #809 on: August 04, 2014, 02:35:22 PM »
Not amused
Not funny
Not cool
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #811 on: August 04, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »

embarrass your country in the official international Bore thread brehs

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #812 on: August 04, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »
Jew Freemasons 4 life, u mad, Hungary?
©@©™

Himu

What is Israel's game plan? Do they think it's a good thing becoming so reviled internationally through war crimes, bullying other nations, and talking smack to the countries that feed them billions? I'm just struggling to see what they are planning to get out of all of this. Everything about it looks to be bad for Israel, future-wise.
IYKYK

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Genocide while there's still time

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Describe a realistic situation in which the US is not Israel's bitch. You know, one that will happen in this reality.
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Describe a realistic situation in which the US is not Israel's bitch. You know, one that will happen in this reality.

Bibi flies an airliner into the Pentagon, causing Sheldon Adelson to become so shocked that he chokes to death on his cream of wheat.
©@©™

benjipwns

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/08/04/scarborough_tells_morons_hes_been_pro-israel_since_their_mothers_were_wiping_their_behinds.html

JOE SCARBOROUGH: You know, the thing that I have seen as the greatest tragedy over the past several weeks and had some morons attacking me -- and I can call them that -- morons attacking me online saying I'm not pro Israeli. I've been pro-Israeli since a lot of these bloggers were getting their you-know-whats wiped by their mothers in diapers.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Yeah, Joe Scarborough getting attacked for not being pro-Israel is one of the great tragedies of our time. Second only to the daily tragedy that is The Morning Joe.
©@©™

benjipwns

Yeah, Joe Scarborough getting attacked for not being pro-Israel is one of the great tragedies of our time. Second only to the daily tragedy that is The Morning Joe.
See, it's a pun because that's also used to mean coffee you have in the morning.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
See, it's a pun because that's also used to mean coffee you have in the morning.

:ohhh
yar

Phoenix Dark

don't ask me how
:whew

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/08/04/scarborough_tells_morons_hes_been_pro-israel_since_their_mothers_were_wiping_their_behinds.html

JOE SCARBOROUGH: You know, the thing that I have seen as the greatest tragedy over the past several weeks and had some morons attacking me -- and I can call them that -- morons attacking me online saying I'm not pro Israeli. I've been pro-Israeli since a lot of these bloggers were getting their you-know-whats wiped by their mothers in diapers.

(Image removed from quote.)

JOE SCARBOROUGH: "Would the United States of America be firing into places where day after day after day after day after day, where 5- 6- 7-...8 year old babies were being pulled out of rubble?"

Tell us more about our moral superiority, Joe.

Kara

The life expectancy of the Russian male is around 60 years old.

http://www.ox.ac.uk/media/news_stories/2009/090115.html

Phoenix Dark

Good to see Obummer coming around to McCain's statement that Russia is just a gas station.

Romney Was Right.

benjipwns

We used to build shit in this country. In Soviet Russia, country used to build you into shit.

Phoenix Dark

But they could have just taken their grievances to upper management and had a constructive conversation about it instead of leaking documents, like Obama said.

Kara

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
(Image removed from quote.)
How dare you leave out Putin

spoiler (click to show/hide)
oh god, why must I only have poverty tools right now
[close]

benjipwns

But they could have just taken their grievances to upper management and had a constructive conversation about it instead of leaking documents, like Obama said.
Why doesn't Hamas do this?

cenk taking a half hour to break it down

:bow young turks  :bow2

Phoenix Dark

Can't cosign them solely on the basis of how many times I've clicked on a video expecting it to be...the thing I clicked for, only to realize it's just a YT recap video.
:beli

fizzel

That's salmond is a dangerous cunt, 6 weeks from the referendum and he still doesn't have the basics hammered out.

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
Has Hamas ever tried a Gandhi-style non-violent protest?

Even now that Israel is practically speaking engaged in genocide, plenty of westerners have a hard time supporting Palestine because of Hamas fitting the jihad/muslim/alalalalakbar stereotype to the T.

IDF is using Hamas like the tools they are to continue to grab land for the foreseeable future.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
War, what is it good for?

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/06/the-isis-online-campaign-luring-western-girls-to-jihad.html
daily beast so you know

The ISIS Online Campaign Luring Western Girls to Jihad

BEIRUT, Lebanon — The self-proclaimed Islamic State, formerly known by the acronym ISIS, is actively recruiting Western women and girls. And in the process this “caliphate” that now occupies large swathes of Syria and Iraq is showing, once again, that it’s almost as shrewd with social media as it is ruthless on the battlefield.

The tweets and blogs apparently are written by Western women married to jihadi warriors. They aim to persuade would-be “sisters” in Europe and the United States to travel to the Middle East to help this al-Qaeda spinoff build its extremist vision of an Islamic society.

Potential caliph-ettes (as one is tempted to call them) are told their main contribution to the Islamic revolution will be through matrimony, not martyrdom; child-bearing, not gun-toting. One blogger called “Bird of Jannah” purrs: “Women are not equal to men. It can never be. Men are the leaders & women are [so] special that Allah has given them entire chapter in the Qur’an.”

Tonya

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/06/the-isis-online-campaign-luring-western-girls-to-jihad.html
daily beast so you know

The ISIS Online Campaign Luring Western Girls to Jihad

BEIRUT, Lebanon — The self-proclaimed Islamic State, formerly known by the acronym ISIS, is actively recruiting Western women and girls. And in the process this “caliphate” that now occupies large swathes of Syria and Iraq is showing, once again, that it’s almost as shrewd with social media as it is ruthless on the battlefield.

The tweets and blogs apparently are written by Western women married to jihadi warriors. They aim to persuade would-be “sisters” in Europe and the United States to travel to the Middle East to help this al-Qaeda spinoff build its extremist vision of an Islamic society.

Potential caliph-ettes (as one is tempted to call them) are told their main contribution to the Islamic revolution will be through matrimony, not martyrdom; child-bearing, not gun-toting. One blogger called “Bird of Jannah” purrs: “Women are not equal to men. It can never be. Men are the leaders & women are [so] special that Allah has given them entire chapter in the Qur’an.”

Islamic Feminists  :umad

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
"caliph-ettes (as one is tempted to call them)"

Not really.  :beli
©@©™