Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3853724 times)

nudemacusers

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #14280 on: May 06, 2019, 12:37:13 PM »
Having to create config sys / batch files cuz u were too poor to upgrade ram 😫

IIRC that was because DOS could only address 1MB of RAM. So you probably still wouldn’t be able to boot Commander Keen today without tweaking your config.sys.  :doge
My memory is very fuzzy but it was in dos 6.2.2 and I had to use himem sys and something else to get a couple of games that needed 8MB to load on my 4MB machine. They ran like shit but they ran.

Btw I still remember to this day, 23 years ago, when a friend came over to install and play a game that was too resource heavy for my computer. The shame was so great that I have pledged to never provide my children with low spec equipment.

Do better for the future generations :tocry
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #14281 on: May 06, 2019, 12:47:59 PM »
I blew my kids minds when I told them about CGA/EGA/VGA graphical upgrades. They looked at me like I lived in a house with dirt floors and no plumbing.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14282 on: May 06, 2019, 01:10:30 PM »
There are people in this very forum who defend Epic Game Store: https://twitter.com/taciturasa/status/1125106408196907008

Shame.

Linux gaming as an analogy to moving to canada is actually pretty good if you're from the US.
Yeah, you might not live there now, but you should appreciate that it exists and offers a close enough experience to what you're used to if you need to dodge the draft your asshole in chief just instituted

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14283 on: May 06, 2019, 01:14:09 PM »
 ::) :supergay :supergay :supergay

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #14284 on: May 06, 2019, 01:35:54 PM »
I blew my kids minds when I told them about CGA/EGA/VGA graphical upgrades. They looked at me like I lived in a house with dirt floors and no plumbing.

"I blew my kids..."

-ToxicAdam 2019

:jeanluc

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14285 on: May 06, 2019, 01:38:00 PM »
moving to Linux doesn't solve the problems with PC Gaming.  He doesn't believe Windows Gaming is going anywhere as the dominant PC platform so sees it as a waste of time I guess to put focus there.

:confused

"Not enough people game on linux to devote resources to it, so I don't see how people moving to gaming on linux will change that" - riotous, an intellectual

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #14286 on: May 06, 2019, 01:51:18 PM »
You aren't a real PC gamer if you never tweaked an autoexec.bat to resolve an IRQ conflict with your SoundBlaster16 drivers.

I had an Aztek sound card in the piece of shit Packard Bell tower that cost me like $2000 at the time, trying to get the sound to work in Duke 3D was a fucking process every time I booted it up.  I somehow was able to trick it into thinking I was using a SoundBlaster, but that took about 2 weeks of tinkering to do.  Fucking pain in the ass.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14287 on: May 06, 2019, 01:53:49 PM »
I said for a US citizen linux being canada is a pretty good analogy for US citizens - just not necessarily in the way that he intended to mean it.
Somewhere thats a close enough experience that you can escape to if things get especially shitty where you currently live, even if you have to deal with some weird culture shock shit like bags of milk.

MS think windows is so fucking great that nobody would ever want to use anything else for any reason, and they'll keep paying money even if the alternatives are better and free, and their userbase is locked in regardless of whatever they do.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/ballmer-dismisses-google-android-threat/
Inertia might stop people jumping ship without a good reason, but making the on-ramp a smooth enough transition for if and when A Good Reason shows up makes all the sense in the world.
That's literally why Valve are (still) pouring money into doing that.

nudemacusers

« Reply #14288 on: May 06, 2019, 01:54:00 PM »
I remember packard bell... custom system launcher, megarace and shitty ripple mice  8)
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Jansen

« Reply #14289 on: May 06, 2019, 01:56:31 PM »
Sweetnic hitting the paint hard in the pete buttchug thread

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #14290 on: May 06, 2019, 02:07:27 PM »
Ignoring a guy that's literally called Buttplug is of course gay erasure

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14291 on: May 06, 2019, 02:10:29 PM »
Eventually Era will find and ban the real racists, and then it'll be the paradise it was always meant to be.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #14292 on: May 06, 2019, 02:17:31 PM »
Why do people assume Bernie is hetero, you just know him and Jane have shared a daddy or too.

BisMarckie

« Reply #14293 on: May 06, 2019, 02:24:37 PM »
Waiting for:
Please continue this discussion in the 2020 democratic primary thread. :smug

Hot Slice

« Reply #14294 on: May 06, 2019, 02:25:11 PM »
Damn, Era really does have an anti-semitism problem.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14295 on: May 06, 2019, 02:29:46 PM »
In which SweetNicole posits lack of Buttgieg hype is queer erasure.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pete-buttigieg-queer-erasure.115424/

This is an ok post, but there's some problems I am seeing. I'm not sure what is going in the OP with the over-usage of excerpts, but it makes the post itself extremely difficult to read. Additionally, when you're outlining this as some form of breakdown on a situation, it is strange that many of these points are raised without citation or linking to the referenced incident.

Two examples:

You cannot lop off and look at facets of a person’s identity discretely
A statement like this needs to have some sort of citation or elaboration. Who is looking at facets of a persons identity? Who are these people?

it also deprives the LGBTQ community and others of a chance to celebrate queer greatness
While I know the referenced sources here, it would be to your benefit to provide those sources so a reader unfamiliar with the situation can access the information for themselves.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14296 on: May 06, 2019, 02:47:29 PM »
If this thread continues to veer off-topic I will personally request it to be locked. I did not make this thread for people to air their grievances about Bernie Sanders/his supporters, nor did I make it to serve as a haven for people to rally their support around him. Please discuss the topic relevant to this thread if you want it to remain active. Thank you.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-sanders-unveils-plan-to-revitalize-rural-america-its-pretty-damn-comprehensive.115298/post-20517692

:badass

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #14297 on: May 06, 2019, 02:49:20 PM »
If this thread continues to veer off-topic I will personally request it to be locked. I did not make this thread for people to air their grievances about Bernie Sanders/his supporters, nor did I make it to serve as a haven for people to rally their support around him. Please discuss the topic relevant to this thread if you want it to remain active. Thank you.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-sanders-unveils-plan-to-revitalize-rural-america-its-pretty-damn-comprehensive.115298/post-20517692

Can I share my own plan for revitalizing rural America?
©@©™

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14298 on: May 06, 2019, 02:51:50 PM »
:maf :maf :maf :maf NO :maf :maf :maf :maf

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #14299 on: May 06, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »
Actually.
The more I think about it the more offensive I realize this post is. By saying that being Jewish is a choice, your implication is that victims of anti semitism including all those murdered in the Holocaust did so as a choice.

Now THAT'S disgusting.

That's really one of the craziest leaps of logic I've ever seen on any message board :jeanluc  :crazy :picard :sabu

Yeah, but that is bog standard Reeeee logic. I’m just surprised she’s being hit this hard over Judaism. Must be the big Sanders supporters.

Shit, between SweetieNic and Commideau, that board is eating itself faster than expected.

Still, reap... rewards... all that shit.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14300 on: May 06, 2019, 03:37:43 PM »
I would assume many victims of anti-semitism and the holocaust actually did have some amount of choice in identifying their own jewishness, it's not always obvious by sight

Some of them wouldn't have known the ultimate consequences of doing so, like their status being on prior census and community lists, but others who knew and made the conscious choice not to deny their faith were incredibly brave, which I think is more heroic than just saying it was imposed upon all of them and no one faced that decision
Uncle

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14301 on: May 06, 2019, 04:06:28 PM »
they have a history of history when it comes to the jews

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #14302 on: May 06, 2019, 04:15:57 PM »
they have a history of history when it comes to the jews white men

Fixed, because Jews don't actually exist, it's just a choice that some white people make. [Citation: Resetera.com]
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #14303 on: May 06, 2019, 04:23:41 PM »
As Enzom discovered, as long as you're passing, you're nothing but a white christian cismale on purple-gaf.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #14304 on: May 06, 2019, 04:24:12 PM »
Wasn't washington like a pagan or something

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #14305 on: May 06, 2019, 04:26:42 PM »
Jews should start wearing a symbol of some sort to identify themselves as jewish (maybe a star of david patch?), so people like DigitalOP can easily identify them.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14306 on: May 06, 2019, 04:35:06 PM »
I just saw Eight Bit Nate's perm and, I gotta say, it's funny that the one time someone actually does something that's clearly in bad faith, it doesn't show up in the ban message. :lol
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #14307 on: May 06, 2019, 04:37:44 PM »
I just saw Eight Bit Nate's perm and, I gotta say, it's funny that the one time someone actually does something that's clearly in bad faith, it doesn't show up in the ban message. :lol

Resetera has determined that the ultimate bad faith is judaism.

nudemacusers

« Reply #14308 on: May 06, 2019, 04:46:17 PM »
There is a lot of hotep-ery on resetera, intentional or not.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #14309 on: May 06, 2019, 04:46:55 PM »
Jews should start wearing a symbol of some sort to identify themselves as jewish (maybe a star of david patch?), so people like DigitalOP can easily identify them.
I mean aren’t the names obvious enough?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14311 on: May 06, 2019, 04:48:59 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #14312 on: May 06, 2019, 04:55:53 PM »
Quote from: DigitalOP
Are we not talking about 2019 American Jews? After the war when they were able to integrate and European Jewish populations have 2nd or 3rd generation children and the "white passing" label starts to develop.

Weren't ethnic Jews (Poland) usually a bit darker than most Europeans during the WW2 era when they were being persecuted? Not only that but commonly spoke Yiddish and were outwardly visible in culture.

This is common sense, Why are you being a baby about this?

:rofl

PogiJones

« Reply #14313 on: May 06, 2019, 04:57:03 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14314 on: May 06, 2019, 04:59:11 PM »
Are you being pedantic? If Bernie isn't wearing a yamaka or a kippa or dressed as a rabbi, how in the world you gonna know he's jewish without him telling you? The dude passes as a white man. Young Jewish kids have the curly hair and that can give you tip sometimes but they overall pass as white.

I don't know why it seems like you need a math equation to understand.

(Image removed from quote.)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pete-buttigieg-queer-erasure.115424/post-20523564

He probably edited out big crooked nose too.

Quote from: DigitalOp
Quote from: Matt
First of all, cool it.

Secondly, you seem to not know much about the Jewish people, so I suggest you read up before continuing this conversation.
No prob, Ill def read up.

But being confused on how American* Jews are seen as white passing is pretty baffling to me. It shouldn't be confusing is what im saying.

Edit: So I did some research and the mistake I made was that Polish Jews were pretty white in appearance. Askenazi ancestry making up the majoirty of American Jewish population. So now im even more confused over your question.

But ima let it go, its whatever.

Smacked the fuck down by a mod

Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #14315 on: May 06, 2019, 05:07:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biomutant-for-the-nintendo-switch-has-been-leaked-by-eb-games-canada.115467/

Another THQ Nordic thread  :shaq2

Posters lining up to suck off an admin over a 3/10 joke  :goldberg

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #14316 on: May 06, 2019, 05:25:04 PM »
Are you being pedantic? If Bernie isn't wearing a yamaka or a kippa or dressed as a rabbi, how in the world you gonna know he's jewish without him telling you? The dude passes as a white man. Young Jewish kids have the curly hair and that can give you tip sometimes but they overall pass as white.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pete-buttigieg-queer-erasure.115424/post-20523564

What is this dude even arguing for? By the same logic Pete passes as straight as long as he isn't sucking a dick

BisMarckie

« Reply #14317 on: May 06, 2019, 05:25:53 PM »
It's 2019, sucking a dick doesn't make you gay. :gurl

stufte

« Reply #14318 on: May 06, 2019, 05:26:19 PM »

What is this dude even arguing for? By the same logic Pete passes as straight as long as he isn't sucking a dick

Because he's defending his antisemitism at all costs.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14319 on: May 06, 2019, 05:32:39 PM »
It's 2019, sucking a dick doesn't make you gay. :gurl

but it does make you a cocksucker
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #14320 on: May 06, 2019, 05:33:58 PM »
I found another Resetera poster

I have always struggled with anxiety. I thought I was capable of a month long solo trip to Japan. I've been here 3 days and so far all I've done is throw up and cry. It feels so overwhelming, I can't hold down any food and my energy levels are so low. I have been looking forward to this trip for months, planning and talking about it to all my friends. Now, I just want to go home. I don't know what to do and could really use some advice on overcoming this anxiety so I can enjoy my trip. Is there any way to get pills for anxiety as a foreigner here? I got cbd but it's not doing the trick and if I can't fix this soon I won't make it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/solotravel/comments/bl5jx1/feel_like_im_not_gonna_make_it/?st=jvcvrqgf&sh=56206e78
:O

Boredfrom

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #14322 on: May 06, 2019, 05:40:58 PM »

How’s that any different from here?   :kermit

BisMarckie

« Reply #14323 on: May 06, 2019, 05:41:51 PM »

How’s that any different from here?   :kermit

The sucking off is not a metaphor over here. :rash

BisMarckie

« Reply #14324 on: May 06, 2019, 05:43:59 PM »
Waypoint has offered, for the last two and a bit years, an almost unique perspective on games and the games industry.

Unashamedly political in an industry that shuns politics. Unashamedly leftist in an industry that skews right. Unashamedly safe for women, BAME and LGBT folks* in an industry that is largely hateful towards them.

stufte

« Reply #14325 on: May 06, 2019, 05:44:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-folded-back-into-vice-games-immediately-loses-unique-editorial-voice.115474/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA

Unashamedly political in an industry that shuns politics. Unashamedly leftist in an industry that skews right. Unashamedly safe for women, BAME and LGBT folks* in an industry that is largely hateful towards them.

HAHAHA.

What a load of shit.

Should I tell my office mate that she's not welcome in my man industry?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
my mandustry.
[close]

Boredfrom

« Reply #14326 on: May 06, 2019, 05:52:40 PM »
RE was so fucking naive in thinking that Vice restructuring will not affect Waypoint. They still naively think they are not gonna change.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14327 on: May 06, 2019, 05:52:53 PM »

:ohhh
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #14328 on: May 06, 2019, 05:53:12 PM »
There are literal connections between Gamergate and the rise of the far right in America.

:science
sigh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14329 on: May 06, 2019, 05:53:51 PM »
What’s BAME?

bronies/anthros/murrsuiters/ephebophiles
Uncle

stufte

« Reply #14330 on: May 06, 2019, 05:54:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-folded-back-into-vice-games-immediately-loses-unique-editorial-voice.115474/post-20527031

It's a culture your industry fostered and allows to continue for its own benefit. You don't get to wash your hands of it simply because you think your coworkers are generally good people.

The OP's mistake is confusing the bigotry of the white male majority with having a particular political leaning.

GAMERGATE IS YOUR FAULT AND IT'S YOUR SIN TO BEAR.  :lol

:gamergate

Boredfrom

« Reply #14331 on: May 06, 2019, 05:57:16 PM »

Austin’s editorial announcing the change mentions that they’ll have more contributors and will be part of vice gaming and the podcast will remain. That’s it. The thread title is misleading, they are not losing their unique voice.

:lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #14332 on: May 06, 2019, 06:02:20 PM »
Uh no because the logic is that the individual doesn't need to be right-leaning to contribute to a right leaning system. Which, depending on where you live, is pretty much the default state of living, yes. Though if you're in Europe you're probably contributing to a social democracy which is at least not especially right leaning.

Someone tell that to THQ Nordic.  :doge
©@©™

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #14333 on: May 06, 2019, 06:02:33 PM »
What’s BAME?

bronies/anthros/murrsuiters/ephebophiles

I feel like this isn’t a joke  :kobeyuck

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #14334 on: May 06, 2019, 06:03:19 PM »
I love all these definitive statements about the industry leaning right while ignoring all the people that actually work in it. Also great arguments such as sexism at work places, as if someone left leaning would never do that.

BisMarckie

« Reply #14335 on: May 06, 2019, 06:03:19 PM »
It's a culture your industry fostered and allows to continue for its own benefit. You don't get to wash your hands of it simply because you think your coworkers are generally good people.

Gee, I wonder why industry people don't want to post there anymore.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #14336 on: May 06, 2019, 06:04:26 PM »
sigh

zepblackstar

« Reply #14337 on: May 06, 2019, 06:04:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-folded-back-into-vice-games-immediately-loses-unique-editorial-voice.115474/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA

So they got rolled into the main section where a freelancer wrote about sticking a switch controller up his butt....

https://twitter.com/viceunion/status/1125431514429370370

Boredfrom

« Reply #14338 on: May 06, 2019, 06:05:12 PM »
You can argue that the industry is. Video game fans however are incredibly right leaning. If that fact wasnt true then this website would not exist. Resetera is considered to be the "safe space" for left leaning gamers and as far as I know it's the only gaming forum that takes any sort of real stance against gamergate bullshit.

Venture outside this site and it's a wild world of conspiracy theories and alt right bullshit.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

stufte