Author Topic: Game  (Read 334923 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Cohen (RIP) will buy Diablo III (PC) on May 15
« Reply #1380 on: May 26, 2012, 07:35:25 AM »
Played another 90 mins

Not sure why  :-\

A Diablo game. Nuff said.

Diablo is slowly BEATING THE WEEABOO out of bebpo.  In a month he'll be chewing tobacco; in a year, probably walking up to lions and punching them in the face.
Don't take away my kawaii bebpo. Diabro pls.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1381 on: May 26, 2012, 09:43:39 AM »
Farming the Staff of Herding today. Got all the materials besides the Gibbering Gemstone, which is a bitch to get to drop. :maf
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1382 on: May 26, 2012, 02:15:26 PM »
tried beating diablo on hell and I dunno seems impossible

the first form is easy, but the  4 shadow clones are like twice as powerful as diablo himself and 1-2 shot me and everyone else i was playing with

I wasn't there :smug

Himu

« Reply #1383 on: May 26, 2012, 02:35:58 PM »
those games are few and far between compared to a majority
IYKYK

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1384 on: May 26, 2012, 03:18:56 PM »
If they are having this many problems with the gold AH, I wonder how the real money one is going to run
dur

Bebpo

« Reply #1385 on: May 26, 2012, 04:21:18 PM »
I'm a hitting a wall in the last half of Act III Hell mode with my barbarian.

Even focusing on defense with 5000+ armor and 30k+ HP and resistances as much as I can (10-20% on each), I'm just getting destroyed over and over again.  And my DPS isn't that strong because I'm focusing on defense.  I'm only around 7-8k DPS now, down from 13-15k DPS.

At the AH, anything lvl.59 that is better than my equip is going for like 300-900k.  No one is selling anything cheap for endgame equip.  I have like 20k gold.

At this point I can either grind out to lvl.60, and then grind money and try to buy some Inferno gear for under 50k a piece on the AH.  But that's going to be a lot of grinding. 

It's pretty soul destroying being killed over and over again and not being able to make progress at more than a tiny tiny rate.  :\ 
I got to the long bridge in Act III and at one point there were about 5 different champion/elite mobs all huddled together blocking my progress in the bridge.  Couldn't do anything and the framerate dipped to 1fps once the action started with them.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:23:07 PM by Bebpo »

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1386 on: May 26, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »
Bebpo, let Big Daddy Treesong carry you across the finish line later this weekend. I'm geared up in mid-range A1 Inferno gear at this point and it'll be a cakewalk.
乱学者

etiolate

« Reply #1387 on: May 26, 2012, 05:36:02 PM »
At least half of the games that I've played in the last year gave me the option to pick a female character or had a female character. Probably most of them did.

Tera, Torchlight 2, Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Path of Exile, SWTOR, Rift, Sword & Sorcery, Syberia, Portal 2, Mirror's Edge, Lume, Costume Quest, Borderlands and Lara Croft.

No chicks: Gemini Rue, Metro 2033, Bastion, Limbo, Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac, Orcs Must Die, Stacking, and Jolly Rover (don't judge me).

Himu

« Reply #1388 on: May 26, 2012, 05:40:28 PM »
Only 4 of those are even out in 2012. Of course it's going to look skewed when you go back to the vaults and play games as old as Syberia. Hey guys, I played this game called Metroid this year, it stars - get this - a female character.

I got the staff of herding when I beat Nightmare with Rumbler. Is that what I need to go to ponland?
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1389 on: May 26, 2012, 05:46:27 PM »
I got the staff of herding when I beat Nightmare with Rumbler. Is that what I need to go to ponland?

You sure you didn't just get the recipe? Because the staff itself actually has to be crafted.
dog

etiolate

« Reply #1390 on: May 26, 2012, 05:50:39 PM »
Only 4 of those are even out in 2012. Of course it's going to look skewed when you go back to the vaults and play games as old as Syberia. Hey guys, I played this game called Metroid this year, it stars - get this - a female character.

I'm saying that there's plenty of options. You don't have to only play the latest AAA shitstain.

Himu

« Reply #1391 on: May 26, 2012, 05:50:48 PM »
Oh, yeah I got the recipe. I just noticed that when I tried to make it. Super rare items I've never even encountered too. Can you grind these items out on normal or something? because i don't feel like doing it on hell.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1392 on: May 26, 2012, 05:55:38 PM »
Oh, yeah I got the recipe. I just noticed that when I tried to make it. Super rare items I've never even encountered too. Can you grind these items out on normal or something? because i don't feel like doing it on hell.

You can get them all on normal, yes. Each appears in a very specific location, so you'll likely need to look it up first.
dog

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1393 on: May 26, 2012, 05:59:29 PM »
NBA Jam doesn't have enough female characters
AMC

Himu

« Reply #1394 on: May 26, 2012, 06:00:24 PM »
Why didn't they get the wnba as a part of that license? wait, is the wnba still a thing?
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1395 on: May 26, 2012, 06:02:40 PM »
Why didn't they get the wnba as a part of that license? wait, is the wnba still a thing?

pretty sure yeah

my roommate and i played as bill and hillary clinton last night, at least
AMC

Himu

« Reply #1396 on: May 26, 2012, 06:10:10 PM »
Are Obama and Michelle in it?

I'm doing petty well in A2 Hell. I can solo pretty well due to my class I think, but more than that, I'm really growing as a pair. Arcane Sentries and elites don't phase me anymore and  I'm starting to beat elite encounters on my first try now just using pure skill.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1397 on: May 26, 2012, 06:13:18 PM »
holy crap the enchantress is uguu as all fuck
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1398 on: May 26, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »
holy crap the enchantress is uguu as all fuck

Her dialogue with the Barbarian is hilariously uguu

Himu

« Reply #1399 on: May 26, 2012, 06:54:52 PM »
her dialogue with demon huntress is wtf

she's like "thanks for being a lady friend" or something and then my character says "cool, but I don't give you help with men" and the enchantress stutters up like an animu babe,"I..I...I...I don't know what to say about that!!!"
IYKYK

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #1400 on: May 26, 2012, 06:56:57 PM »
had a weird bug which created two enchantresses although only one followed me around

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1401 on: May 26, 2012, 07:24:12 PM »
Templar totally has a boner for enchantress, he won't shut up about her if you have him as your follower.
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1402 on: May 26, 2012, 07:24:49 PM »
No chicks: Gemini Rue, Metro 2033, Bastion, Limbo, Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac, Orcs Must Die, Stacking, and Jolly Rover (don't judge me).

You can play as Eve or Maggy.

©@©™

etiolate

« Reply #1403 on: May 26, 2012, 08:40:21 PM »
Oh you're right. You can unlock a girl in Meat Boy, too, I think.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1404 on: May 26, 2012, 09:29:10 PM »
Good news!  Beat nightmare with an assist from Mr. Treesong.  I'll be available to start helping out in Hell later tonight.  I probably want to farm Act I a bit to get some better gear/stock back up on gold, cause I'm dead broke.  Soloing bosses with a wizard is bullshit on higher difficulties too by the way.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1405 on: May 26, 2012, 10:19:51 PM »
OH

OH MY GOSH

You guys.  YOU GUYS.  You have to go to WHIMSYSHIRE at your earliest opportunity.  F'realz, that shit is awesomesauce.  Thanks again Treesong.
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1406 on: May 26, 2012, 10:21:05 PM »
I built my Staff of Herding today and took Great Rumbler (Viz stopped by as well). Took me about 3 hours worth of farming for material, but it was worth it. :supergay
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1407 on: May 26, 2012, 10:23:36 PM »
I love that when you open the "chests" you do an excited fist pump, cause RAINBOWS N UNICORNS N CAREBEARS ARE AWESOME N SHIT.

:supergay :supergay :supergay
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #1408 on: May 26, 2012, 10:23:58 PM »
This is crap.  The AH keeps stealing my money for items I buy, but they aren't appearing in my completed auctions to actually GET THE ITEM :( 
Stop hammering the AH people!  I want my stuff :(

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1409 on: May 26, 2012, 10:24:31 PM »
ya that happened to me as well
萌え~

Himu

« Reply #1410 on: May 26, 2012, 10:57:49 PM »
I built my Staff of Herding today and took Great Rumbler (Viz stopped by as well). Took me about 3 hours worth of farming for material, but it was worth it. :supergay

TAKE ME TAKE ME
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1411 on: May 26, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »
This is crap.  The AH keeps stealing my money for items I buy, but they aren't appearing in my completed auctions to actually GET THE ITEM :( 
Stop hammering the AH people!  I want my stuff :(

Same here, just submitted a ticket.  I figure I'll eventually get the 50k or so they owe me... hopefully.  :-\
yar

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1412 on: May 26, 2012, 11:41:40 PM »
yea dont use the auction house today, its broked
萌え~

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1413 on: May 26, 2012, 11:56:41 PM »

this is such an odd statement.  "almost no games let you play as this type of character, except the games that give you the option to." 

i mean, no shit?

vs. games with no character customization, which usually star a white male
pcp

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1414 on: May 27, 2012, 12:00:03 AM »
Not Garshasp, which stars the mighty Arabian warrior-king Garshasp, in a role that will surprise you.
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #1415 on: May 27, 2012, 12:35:27 AM »
Yo Viz, sorry about the rage quits.  That's about all I do anymore when I play this game with my barbarian  :'(

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1416 on: May 27, 2012, 12:36:11 AM »
FUCKING AUCTION HOUSE I MEAN SHIT REALLY

Fortunately I got a sweet piece of equipment in Hell that took my dps from around 1800ish to over 3k.  Boom, just like that I'm cutting through these bitches like butter again... until I run into blue mobs, whereupon I get my ass handed to me again.
yar

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1417 on: May 27, 2012, 12:48:11 AM »
its k bebpo

wait for  patch or somethin
萌え~

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1418 on: May 27, 2012, 02:52:05 AM »
THought the AH was back for a bit earlier, bought a v nice piece of armour and then it wouldn't transfer to my stash, then it disappears and I noticed all my moneys back in my account. Sounds like I was lucky to get my money back... Had a good game with maf and a RL friend but started getting some pretty nasty slowdown running w/ recommended specs on OSX with all the extra animations in NM with magic and shit poppin all over the place + multi seems to impact performance pretty hard so I'm trying the win 7 client now
◕‿◕

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1419 on: May 27, 2012, 03:13:02 AM »
Hell is a lot of fun.  The blue drops I'm getting are better in most cases than the top yellow Nightmare stuff.  There's not as many lines of shit on them, but what they do have more than makes up for it.  One thing that annoys the piss out of me, though, is that mini-bosses/bosses don't always drop yellows the first time you beat them on a difficulty.  Like, I just housed Leoric and got three meh blues and no yellows.  SAD PANDA.  I know you can't make them ALWAYS drop rares or people would farm the fuck out bosses, but I think the first time on a given difficulty they should cough up at least one. 
yar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1420 on: May 27, 2012, 03:54:48 AM »
Fucking EU/US split :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #1421 on: May 27, 2012, 06:00:33 AM »
DID IT

Solo'd Act 4 including DIABLO on Hell difficulty with my barbarian.  FUCK YEAH.

Rumbler and Treesong and Viz helped me get through the bridge trouble in Act 3, and I got a couple of slightly better pieces of equip including my first legendary (which I ended up not even using because I got a better rare 20 mins afterwards, lol).  Then Viz and me got through a bunch of areas at the end of Act 3, and then I did the last bit including the boss Solo and then went up to Act 4. 

I tried to balance defense/resistance/strength.  But in the end, playing as a barbarian the fights were all entirely "do as much damage as fast as possible because if this fight drags out I die".  When I was maxing my buffing I was getting about 15k DPS in normal mode and then 36k DPS in GIANT BARBARIAN MODE (w/120 sec cooldown) and my criticals were like +100% so I'd be doing occasional 90-100k hits.  My armor was about 3900 buffed, my HP around 27k, and my resistances were at 100-150 buffed (so 25-35%).  I'd rush into elite mobs, buff ATKs, buff ARMOR/RESIST, hit 5 second invincibilty skill, then pound with wide attack and spam revenge when it activates (200% damage 360 radius when you get hit 30% of the time).  Between that and potions and giant mode, could take out all the blue mobs at end game. 

Diablo himself was actually really easy to solo because his patterns are pretty easy to dodge.  At first I just tried to brute force him like everything else using the above method, worked ok and made it to the 3rd form but I forgot about his laser and standing in his face stabbing him while he fired it off 1 hit ko'd me.  So then the next time I fought him, I learned his patterns, dodged them all and only went in to attack every 30 seconds when my 5 sec shield was available.  Doing that and having potions made it a cinch.  Felt GOOD exploding him.

Did the first few quests solo in Inferno.  Enemies are pretty crazy there!  Loot seems good though.

But I think I'm done now.  My character says 55 hours (Hell mode took me 25 freaking hours compared to 15/15 on normal/nightmare).  I think it's time to retire him.  Might do 1 last run on Inferno with Treesong and folks just to see if I find any neat loot.  Dunno.  Gonna uninstall the game pretty soon so I don't get the urge to keep playing it forever and ever.

Damian79

« Reply #1422 on: May 27, 2012, 07:47:30 AM »
INFERNO ACT 2 IS RIDICULOUS.

I have no idea how to kill mobs with invulnerable minions and extra health.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1423 on: May 27, 2012, 10:59:09 AM »
Played a bunch of Demon Hunter. How long until double chakram get's nerfed? Shit's ridiculous.
zzzzz

Himu

« Reply #1424 on: May 27, 2012, 11:00:51 AM »
double chakram isn't that great in the long run. there are better skills.
IYKYK

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1425 on: May 27, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »
Maybe, but for now on Act 3 Normal I am a god. Caltrops -> Turret -> spam chakrams -> lol
zzzzz

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1426 on: May 27, 2012, 11:06:12 AM »
But what's best for a DH in the long run? Probably gonna make this my main. Been bouncing back and forth between my DH and my Monk, both roughly level 30, and i think I'm preferring my time with the DH.
zzzzz

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #1427 on: May 27, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »
Im using in Act II Nightmare- genades didn't become useful until runes started opening up

Rapid Fire: Fire Support
Grenades: Fire Bomb
Caltrops: Carved Stakes
Vault: Rattling Roll
Sentry: Spitfire
Rain of Vengeance: Beastly Bombs

Perfectionist: Tactical Advantage: Archery
o_0

Himu

« Reply #1428 on: May 27, 2012, 11:32:47 AM »
But what's best for a DH in the long run? Probably gonna make this my main. Been bouncing back and forth between my DH and my Monk, both roughly level 30, and i think I'm preferring my time with the DH.

Smoke Screen is the most useful DH skill even with the latest nerf.

Later on, elemental arrow, particularly lightning ball, is badass. Once you get elemental arrow there is very little reason to use most other support skills. To be honest I'm surprised you've taken a liking to sentry as I find it mostly useless. Nether tentacles, I hear, is even better but takes getting used to after lightning bolt.

Grenades initially suck, and aren't great until you unlock grenadier, which you unlock around level 50. Stun grenades + stun rmb + red caltrops + smoke screen for getting in and out of the fight makes for some pretty beastly shit later and is pretty much imperative on later modes. I can solo hell with that build. Ultimately, later on, the crux of DH strategy is trying to stay out of in your face confrontations as much as possible, which is why stuns, caltrops, and smoke screen are so important: you can go invisible and run away if you sense the smallest hint of danger, and if you do get in trouble, you'll have a large amount of skills to slow the enemy down, insuring survival.

Vault is pointless because Smoke Screen does the same thing except better and you have a bigger chance of getting hit while using it.

For general AOE, rain of vengeance.

But you also want to want have something in case you're stuck in a corner or you get jumped out of nowhere. For that, try out fan of knives, especially with fan of daggers rune.

My current build for my level 55 Demon Hunter:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#URXYhl!gTV!YYZbYb

Don't take what I said truth, though. The great thing about D3 is that you can make any build you want and have it work if you strategize. The only thing that IS true is that smoke screen is the bread and butter of any DH build worth making.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:38:46 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1429 on: May 27, 2012, 11:36:35 AM »
The amount of customization in this game is ridonkulous.
zzzzz

Himu

« Reply #1430 on: May 27, 2012, 11:38:57 AM »
yes, it is a goat game
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1431 on: May 27, 2012, 11:56:31 AM »
btw Act 2 Hell with a Demon Hunter is basically a 2d shooter. lol Wasps fill the screen with their bullets, you evade, shoot them with your own crap. Then you encounter a mob that farts fucking molten meteors at you, so you end up avoiding their shots, on top of making well placed and accurate shots yourself. It is fucking awesome and I highly suggest doing it some time.
IYKYK

« Reply #1432 on: May 27, 2012, 12:35:22 PM »
I'm gonna be honest. Blizz needs to get the shit with the AH fixed. It's annoying how I still can't buy or sell crafting items. Error codes when I try to transfer money to my stash. This is fucking annoying.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1433 on: May 27, 2012, 02:41:40 PM »
That's nothing, I just beat a rare mob and opened a resplendent chest and got a bad ass rare breastplate with 2 sockets, +60 int, +50 vit... and as soon as I identified it my game disconnected.   :-\

I'm constantly broke, I think I'm gonna have to farm the cathedral in hell just to get some gold.  Sigh.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1434 on: May 27, 2012, 03:00:18 PM »
WOOT.  Everybody check the AH, just got all my gold.
yar

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #1435 on: May 27, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »
Weird, I was just reading Neogaf, the thread about Homs, with the dead children and I noticed that there was an ad at the bottom talking about buying D3 gold online. It mentioned stocks or something. The future of gaming guys !
:{]

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1436 on: May 27, 2012, 05:54:00 PM »
fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu that thing is awesome
yar

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1437 on: May 27, 2012, 06:25:45 PM »
Finally got some use of the AH last night, found that if I bought stuff, even if it said it timed out during purchase if I logged in then out of the AH it would be in completed, then pressing send to stash and doing the same (logging in and out of AH) would make it send to stash :lol I was getting buttfucked soloing ACT III in NM, so I got desperate but once I figured this out I got a bunch of new eq buffing all my resistances to 40%, defense to 1800 w/ buffs,DPS to 1300 and doubled my spirit regen rate.
◕‿◕

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1438 on: May 27, 2012, 07:37:23 PM »
Started a Hardcore BarbF; took her through the A1 Spider Caves. After the ass-fuckery of Inferno it's fun to try a different sort of challenge.
乱学者

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #1439 on: May 27, 2012, 08:48:30 PM »
btw Act 2 Hell with a Demon Hunter is basically a 2d shooter. lol Wasps fill the screen with their bullets, you evade, shoot them with your own crap.

Those wasps are fucking annoying as a barbarian.
itm