Author Topic: Game  (Read 337598 times)

drew

• sy
Re: Cohen (RIP) will buy Diablo III (PC) on May 15
« Reply #1320 on: May 24, 2012, 11:46:07 AM »
just ordered this thing

http://www.yourmacstore.com/2gb-ddr2-667mhz-pc2-5300-sodimm/

once it's in there i'm gonna do a complete wipe of my hd and install dat snow leopard with da windows 7 partition, then diablo?

Bebpo

« Reply #1321 on: May 24, 2012, 01:17:35 PM »
When does the blacksmith become a worthwhile investment? I think I just hit Master.  The equipment he sells is worse than my random loot (not counting mystery stats) or too good for me to wear (and requires a lot of teeth).

I'm still Act 2 Normal, but that's all I've been spending gold on.

He's not unless you play another character later and then he can make lower level stuff for you so you don't have to wait for loot drops.  Or if you play 200 hours and level him to max level for legendary items, but by that point you've beaten the game on inferno, so there's not much point.

I've probably wasted 200k on upgrading that guy and he's never made a single good item for me.  Plus it's not like he even crafts for free.  I still have to pay like 4-5k for a shitty item when I can go to the AH and buy a good item for the same price.  The economy in this game is totally fucked compared to/because of the AH.

Now the gem dude, he's worth leveling and using.  That is good money spent.

Himu

« Reply #1322 on: May 24, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »
So I still can't log in. I'm guessing there's something I have to do?

Go to battle.net, make an account, make a battletag.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1323 on: May 24, 2012, 01:27:49 PM »
After getting a new weapon, helmet, and shield from the AH, my armor is now 3717 [unbuffed] and my DPS is 3847. Now it's time to go beat Diablo on Inferno!

Er..hell, right?
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1324 on: May 24, 2012, 01:43:01 PM »
When does the blacksmith become a worthwhile investment? I think I just hit Master.  The equipment he sells is worse than my random loot (not counting mystery stats) or too good for me to wear (and requires a lot of teeth).

I'm still Act 2 Normal, but that's all I've been spending gold on.

I'm up to lv7 BS and it hasn't given me anything lol. Each item I make is a gamble: is my Barbarian going to make a piece with 50 INT and 20 Dex,  or maybe 80 INT and 10 strength. The items don't sell particularly well on AH either

I keep hearing that the gear becomes essential later, so I'll continue pressing on/wasting gold lol

Himu

« Reply #1325 on: May 24, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »
bs sucks in lower modes. jeweler owns. save your money, don't level up bs. go to the auction house instead. main bs function is salvaging gear. at this point, the bs is more of an investment than something that has actual use if you're on normal. don't bother.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1326 on: May 24, 2012, 02:09:07 PM »
bs sucks in lower modes. jeweler owns. save your money, don't level up bs. go to the auction house instead. main bs function is salvaging gear. at this point, the bs is more of an investment than something that has actual use if you're on normal, nightmare, or hell. don't bother.

Even salvaging is pretty pointless.  My entire stash is being taken up by HUNDREDS of salvage items, yet since I can't make anything good at the BS they just sit there and will sit there eternally unless I start a new character and use them to make low level gear for him.

Himu

« Reply #1327 on: May 24, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »
sell the stuff on ah

got 9k from just one batch of some essense
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1328 on: May 24, 2012, 02:10:56 PM »
No one buys items since there are so many item auctions on the AH.  I tried selling some square gems for like 2k each and they just sat for 2 days.

Hmmm, well I haven't had good luck with it.  I haven't had luck selling anything besides rare high DPS weapons and some rare gear.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1329 on: May 24, 2012, 02:25:43 PM »
I sell through half decent low level rares/magic items pretty quickly, I always put things up pretty cheap though - anywhere between 2-10k but hardly ever over, and make the reserve the same as buyout, or really close to it.

6.24 am here, woke up early so i'ma play some D3 :rock
◕‿◕

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1330 on: May 24, 2012, 02:27:33 PM »
After getting a new weapon, helmet, and shield from the AH, my armor is now 3717 [unbuffed] and my DPS is 3847. Now it's time to go beat Diablo on Inferno!

Er..hell, right?

I'm skipping over all that, Act I Hell straight to Act IV Inferno! I feel ready!
dog

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1331 on: May 24, 2012, 02:42:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm kinda bummed that the AH destroys the BS.  If you could pick what traits you wanted to show up on an item he'd be useful, but since you're likely to craft an item that increases your health & gold pickup as opposed to the INT/VIT/ATK speed monster you wanted, you'd really be kind of a fool to use the BS.  And I leveled mine as far as I can.
yar

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1332 on: May 24, 2012, 03:03:59 PM »
I've used the blacksmith to make some shit for me in Nightmare. I refuse to buy stuff from the AH until I need to. I'm more of a man of principle in videogames than in real life.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Really, it's because I only just started using the AH to sell shit and I suck at it and never have much extra gold because I keep leveling up the blacksmith, I guess.
[close]
AMC

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1333 on: May 24, 2012, 03:32:18 PM »
You can play the game any way you want.. AH no AH etc.

No one buys items since there are so many item auctions on the AH.  I tried selling some square gems for like 2k each and they just sat for 2 days.

Hmmm, well I haven't had good luck with it.  I haven't had luck selling anything besides rare high DPS weapons and some rare gear.

I dunno I sold like 8 equip in one go last night man, made some dough.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:35:19 PM by Premium Lager »

Himu

« Reply #1334 on: May 24, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »

On Hell mode? :lol At least at the outset?
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1335 on: May 24, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »
SERIOUS QUESTION

When you get a pink message from someone not in your game, is there a faster way to reply to them than to move your mouse over to the social button, bring up the list of friends, right click on the person, and left click on send message?  I know /p returns you back to your party talk.  But is there a "/      " that switches you back to them?

Because when you're switching back and forth between talking to them and talking to your party and killing monsters and not being killed it's kind of tough.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #1336 on: May 24, 2012, 04:51:30 PM »
/r to reply to the last person who sent you a message, or you can use /w [name] to send a message.
BiSH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1337 on: May 24, 2012, 04:54:21 PM »
Butchered The Buccher on Hell with my Monk-Tank. Can't stop me. :rock
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1338 on: May 24, 2012, 05:48:39 PM »

Just grind gear. It's all up to you ^^

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1339 on: May 24, 2012, 07:38:34 PM »

Yes you can. I've bought maybe two items off the AH that I actually use

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1340 on: May 24, 2012, 07:49:10 PM »
Hell down. :rock :rock :rock

乱学者

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #1341 on: May 24, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »
I sell through half decent low level rares/magic items pretty quickly, I always put things up pretty cheap though - anywhere between 2-10k but hardly ever over, and make the reserve the same as buyout, or really close to it.

6.24 am here, woke up early so i'ma play some D3 :rock

cheers for the game last night :rock
itm

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1342 on: May 24, 2012, 08:16:17 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Grats. What are your basic stats looking like now?

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1343 on: May 24, 2012, 08:29:09 PM »

Grats. What are your basic stats looking like now?

26k health, 11k DPS, 2900 armor (49%), 200 all resists (40%)
乱学者

Bebpo

« Reply #1344 on: May 24, 2012, 09:07:21 PM »
I've only really bought my main weapons from the AH.  Haven't needed to buy anything else.  But man, I find tons of weapons for other classes (ask Himuro all the crossbows I've given him) but rarely do I ever find a barbarian weapon and when I do they always suck.  In 46 hours of D3, I think I maybe found 1 barbarian weapon that I could use.  So AH has been pretty essential for the weapon equip.

:rock

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1345 on: May 25, 2012, 02:50:34 AM »
Hit 60. Beat the Butcher in A1 Inferno. Crafted the Staff of Herding and visited Whimsyshire.

I... think I may have played as much Diablo III as I can with this character. I may poke around Inferno a bit more, but it's still no fun for melee.
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1346 on: May 25, 2012, 02:53:00 AM »
Whimsyyyyyshire!
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1347 on: May 25, 2012, 03:18:24 AM »
How many hours have you put in so fa Howie?

Btw what are the Black Rock Ledger pages for?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:20:33 AM by Premium Lager »

Bebpo

« Reply #1348 on: May 25, 2012, 03:48:50 AM »
Hit 60. Beat the Butcher in A1 Inferno. Crafted the Staff of Herding and visited Whimsyshire.

I... think I may have played as much Diablo III as I can with this character. I may poke around Inferno a bit more, but it's still no fun for melee.

Yeah, tonight was the night, 47 hours in, getting close to hitting lvl.60, where I started to get kind of tired of clicking on skeletons.

It's a great game and all, but I think there's only so many hours you can click click click on groups of skeletons and pick up their loot before the repetition really kicks in.  At this point with really no new skills to open up, no new areas to explore, I've seen all the mob types a hundred times, I know every line in the story by heart, every boss pattern, and all the loot is junk since all that's really left is legendary equipment and that drops once in a blue moon...it kind of feels like content has been explored, time to move on to a new class/character or different game.

Will probably poke around in it here and there over time, maybe the next time I boot it up I'll make a new character, but overall I had a good time, got more than my money's worth, and am ready to get back to life and things that are not getting home from work on playing Diablo 3 all night.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1349 on: May 25, 2012, 04:28:38 AM »
Tell that to the 4+ years I spent playing Diablo 2  :spin
yar

« Reply #1350 on: May 25, 2012, 10:07:17 AM »
I was just thinking to myself how much longevity this game really has.

I dont really care for the rune system. All of the classes ultimately feel almost the same. It just doesn't feel right equipping axes to a wizard or a monk etc...

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1351 on: May 25, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »
How many hours have you put in so fa Howie?

Btw what are the Black Rock Ledger pages for?

Just shy of 55 hours into my Monk.

Black Rock Ledger pages are just a Lost reference (the page numbers are "the numbers).

Bebpo, with as close as you are I'd definitely hit 60 and complete Hell before you quit. Inferno loot is soooo good, but Inferno is designed for you to bang your head against for months. It's not supposed to be fun.

Do what normal people do with Diablo ... take a break for a few months, then pick it up again with a new character and OH MY GOD WHY DID I EVER LEAVE YOU.
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1352 on: May 25, 2012, 01:18:38 PM »
I had to take a break, didn't log in yesterday for the first time. Felt good. BUT I'll be back super hard tonight yo

It's repetitive yea, I've killed the Skeleton King etc many times now, but...it's just fun. Plus there's always the challenge of walking into some random corridor and seeing 3 champions with force fields, and one elite

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1353 on: May 25, 2012, 02:04:34 PM »
Yeah I've taken the past couple days off and played some of my other games laying around. That resulted in all of yal being way ahead of me. Back to solo play it is
dur

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1354 on: May 25, 2012, 03:05:28 PM »
I had my first "omg i am raging so hard" moment with the game just now.  It's right after the first Heart of Sin... between that and the door there was a) an elite mob with horde/extra health b) a champion c) 9 hulking phasebeasts.  NINE.  I can't kite hulking phasebeasts, and even after I went archon on them they just gangbanged me to death.  Took me like 5 fucking deaths in a row to clear that bullshit out.
yar

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1355 on: May 25, 2012, 03:27:12 PM »
Yeah I've taken the past couple days off and played some of my other games laying around. That resulted in all of yal being way ahead of me. Back to solo play it is

that's why i havent played in a week :gloomy  fuck single player
pcp

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1356 on: May 25, 2012, 06:29:20 PM »

Yeah, tonight was the night, 47 hours in, getting close to hitting lvl.60, where I started to get kind of tired of clicking on skeletons.

It's a great game and all, but I think there's only so many hours you can click click click on groups of skeletons and pick up their loot before the repetition really kicks in.  At this point with really no new skills to open up, no new areas to explore, I've seen all the mob types a hundred times, I know every line in the story by heart, every boss pattern, and all the loot is junk since all that's really left is legendary equipment and that drops once in a blue moon...it kind of feels like content has been explored, time to move on to a new class/character or different game.

Will probably poke around in it here and there over time, maybe the next time I boot it up I'll make a new character, but overall I had a good time, got more than my money's worth, and am ready to get back to life and things that are not getting home from work on playing Diablo 3 all night.

You'll be back :)

Thats how Diablo works.

Bebpo

« Reply #1357 on: May 25, 2012, 09:21:10 PM »
I dunno.  I don't even want to play Torchlight 2 now :(  Or Titan's Quest :(  Or Grim Dawn :(  Or Dungeon Seige III  :)

I just feel so burned out on the loot genre. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1358 on: May 25, 2012, 09:23:34 PM »
You say that now...
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1359 on: May 25, 2012, 11:21:32 PM »
Played another 90 mins

Not sure why  :-\

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1360 on: May 25, 2012, 11:22:36 PM »
GOTTA GET DAT LOOT

Also, after finally making level 50 with my wizard I have come to the conclusion that I suck at ranged characters, because I fucking hate kiting.  So when you see me dying continually on your message feed, just smile and nod.
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1361 on: May 25, 2012, 11:27:54 PM »
Played another 90 mins

because DIABLO, that's why.

I think I'm done farming Inferno A1 solo. With just a melee character, bad rolls on Champions just means death after death after death. Did you know the "revive" button takes longer to appear each time you die? I do now!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:52:41 PM by Howard Alan Treesong »
乱学者

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1362 on: May 25, 2012, 11:42:01 PM »
Finished normal finally.

The profile pages need to be up soon.

My boy is reaaaaallly wanting me to start a boy character.  :lol

Why are you a girl he says.
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1363 on: May 25, 2012, 11:44:25 PM »
dog

Himu

« Reply #1364 on: May 26, 2012, 12:04:10 AM »
smh bebpo you are supposed to be a diabro
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1365 on: May 26, 2012, 12:05:24 AM »
My boy is reaaaaallly wanting me to start a boy character.  :lol

Why are you a girl he says.

:lol
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1366 on: May 26, 2012, 12:51:20 AM »
I can never bring myself to play as a girl when there is a option either.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1367 on: May 26, 2012, 12:52:59 AM »
I can never bring myself to play as a girl when there is a option either.

I guess some of us are just more secure in our sexuality than others.
yar

Himu

« Reply #1368 on: May 26, 2012, 12:56:19 AM »
how many games let you play as a hard boiled ass kicking girl who is still kinda feminine but still takes names?

almost zero.

guess what games almost universally allow you to do this? games that give you the option (mass effect, diablo, saints row 2 and 3, any game with a competent customization system)

games are so monopolized by white males i don't see why anyone would want to play as one but that's probably my inner minority speaking
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1369 on: May 26, 2012, 12:58:24 AM »
For me it goes:
Barbarian - Male
Demon Hunter - Female
Monk - Male
Witch Doctor - Male
Wizard - Female

TRADITIONAL GENDER ROLES (although I guess anything with "witch" in the name should be female?)
AMC

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #1370 on: May 26, 2012, 01:03:38 AM »
Good to know the Bebpo Rollercoaster is still open for business
vjj

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1371 on: May 26, 2012, 01:14:11 AM »
I don't know if it's insecurity or some mechanism that says to me it's creepy to be one of those guys that pick a loli girl. Not that the girls in D3 are loli.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1372 on: May 26, 2012, 01:15:43 AM »
I just picked which character model had a better design.
dur

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1373 on: May 26, 2012, 01:16:39 AM »
I'd personally rather look at a girl if it's gonna be a bazillion hour game.   

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1374 on: May 26, 2012, 01:21:35 AM »
I do think the female monk looks bad ass.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1375 on: May 26, 2012, 03:16:13 AM »
My barbarian is male, my demon hunter is female, my president is black. Just seems right to me

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1376 on: May 26, 2012, 03:26:32 AM »
Dude Wizard, lady Demon Huntress.  My president is a Kenyan Muslin Soshilust with a radical preacher... god has turned his eye from Obummer's Amurrika.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1377 on: May 26, 2012, 04:39:40 AM »
So, I figured I was probably missing something that was just making the game tougher for me and sure enough after switching around a few skills I'm now doing fine again.  Actually went back to magic missile (with the 70% chance to penetrate rune) and am now rocking arcane orb (with the double blast radius rune) and instead of the passive skill that reduces my cooldowns by 15% I'm now rocking one that increases my max arcane power by 20 and arcane power regen by 2 more per second.  I won't say the game is "easy" again but I'm not dying every five fucking minutes or whenever I run into an elite mob like I was.  I hadn't really given arcane orb any respect before but man, with the increased radius that shit is nasty.  Still also rocking freeze nova, blizzard, energy armor with the passive skill that gives crazy health regen while it's active, and of course archon.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that everyone who is whining about wanting D2 skill progression is a fucking idiot who probably gets off by punching themselves in their own genitals.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1378 on: May 26, 2012, 04:41:35 AM »
Played another 90 mins

A Diablo game. Nuff said.

Diablo is slowly BEATING THE WEEABOO out of bebpo.  In a month he'll be chewing tobacco; in a year, probably walking up to lions and punching them in the face.
yar

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1379 on: May 26, 2012, 06:21:17 AM »
tried beating diablo on hell and I dunno seems impossible

the first form is easy, but the  4 shadow clones are like twice as powerful as diablo himself and 1-2 shot me and everyone else i was playing with
萌え~