Author Topic: The Culture War Thread  (Read 149046 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The Culture War Thread
« Reply #1560 on: October 25, 2022, 05:46:14 AM »
1940 review of Fantasia: "All I could think to say of the 'experience' as I staggered out was that it was 'Nazi.'"

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1561 on: October 25, 2022, 07:23:19 AM »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1562 on: October 25, 2022, 08:37:22 AM »
 I doubt he will even be shocked tbh, he clearly wanted to end a lucrative partnership and burn every bridge for reasons I'm not sure of? Owning the libs?
(ice)

Tasty

« Reply #1563 on: October 25, 2022, 08:52:24 AM »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1564 on: October 25, 2022, 12:06:18 PM »
I doubt he will even be shocked tbh, he clearly wanted to end a lucrative partnership and burn every bridge for reasons I'm not sure of? Owning the libs?

Untreated mental illness is the only logical explanation for his behavior. In that Lex interview he said he hasn't taken his medication in over two years. There is no master plan here. I've seen people claim it's all a ploy to get out of unfavorable business deals but...how does it make sense to do that by nuking your ability to acquire financing? If he plans on manufacturing and developing his own shit he's going to need to use his own money now, and he's not liquid enough to pull that off long term. He's fucked.

He's received two huge loans in the last 10-15 years from Jay-Z and Kim. He's allegedly in the process of selling his music catalog. And he has Candace Owens and these other leeches bleeding him. Everything points to financial collapse within the decade.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1565 on: October 25, 2022, 12:36:43 PM »
I'm guessing its something to do with Candace Owens etc telling him that these are shit deals, he's in bed with satan and whatever other nonsense.

I get the feeling he's very impressionable and easily led by unpleasant characters. Its not like he was anything like this really (other than the attention seeking/provocateur side of him) when he was mostly hanging around with Jay Z and co. It's also pretty clear that his mum kept him on the straight and narrow too.

It's kind of hard to feel bad for him though because he's a full grown man and you can only rattle some cages so many times.

It's kinda sad that he's probably alienated all his real friends now who could get through to him and is stuck with low lives, hangers on and grifters though, when thats the case it doesn't usually have a happy ending.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 12:42:31 PM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1566 on: October 25, 2022, 01:10:18 PM »
I feel bad for him.  He's clearly never been all there.

Candance has always been painfully aware of what she's doing.

Killer mike is also on that same tilt. 

I have zero qualms with them using the gop base to get paid.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1567 on: October 25, 2022, 01:31:20 PM »
Wasn't Killer Mike hyping up Bernie Sanders just a few years ago?

I had no idea he's now in that crowd

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1568 on: October 25, 2022, 01:32:31 PM »
Wasn't Killer Mike hyping up Bernie Sanders just a few years ago?

I had no idea he's now in that crowd
He's currently tap dancing in the Georgia governor race, and clearly prefers Kemp over Abrams. He's lost in the sauce.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1569 on: October 25, 2022, 01:36:19 PM »
isn't he big on being pro-gun? could explain it but idk?
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1570 on: October 25, 2022, 01:38:56 PM »
He was/is a Bernie ally.  I wouldn't say he's "tap dancing"  but he's clearly in the libertarian area of the spectrum.

I don't blame him. Democrats keep failing his community.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1571 on: October 25, 2022, 01:41:01 PM »
He's an idiot but he's absolutely not a Trump supporter. One of those dumbasses who thinks you can be pro-gun ownership and anti-gun violence at the same time

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1572 on: October 25, 2022, 02:07:26 PM »
Definitely tap dancing for a governor who has targeted black people for various bullshit, while also lying about Abrams campaign. Couple weeks ago there was a dust up over him claiming Kemp was campaigning in all the places you'd need to go to court black voices, and that Abrams should do the same if she's serious. Turns out she had been to the same stops. Just a weird vibe going on. I'd understand this with some suspect democrat candidate but Abrams is pretty damn good on "black issues."

Polident Hive

« Reply #1573 on: October 25, 2022, 05:50:25 PM »

Untreated mental illness is the only logical explanation for his behavior. In that Lex interview he said he hasn't taken his medication in over two years. There is no master plan here. I've seen people claim it's all a ploy to get out of unfavorable business deals but...how does it make sense to do that by nuking your ability to acquire financing? If he plans on manufacturing and developing his own shit he's going to need to use his own money now, and he's not liquid enough to pull that off long term. He's fucked.

He's received two huge loans in the last 10-15 years from Jay-Z and Kim. He's allegedly in the process of selling his music catalog. And he has Candace Owens and these other leeches bleeding him. Everything points to financial collapse within the decade.

Not saying it lightly, but yeah, guy is dealing with mental illness and lying to himself. At spots in the interview, he’s trying to justify his behavior as an Andy Kaufman bit. Or that he’s a soldier for god. Or any previous struggles with mental health were lies planted in media. Or other excuses he comes up with. That facade is easily broken whenever Lex presses him. He’ll convince himself it’s to get out of deals. Owens and the sycophants around him will support those delusions. Most petulant he got in the interview was at the suggestion to find people he can trust.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1574 on: October 25, 2022, 06:10:08 PM »
It's a pretty weird 180 too because I clearly remember Ye saying he was angry at Jared Kushner for 'using him' as a spoiler candidate in 2020 and that he was done with politics.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #1575 on: October 25, 2022, 06:18:07 PM »
Kanye is clearly mentally ill and in manic phase right now. I feel so bad for him but he refuses to take his meds. It is what it is.

He was/is a Bernie ally.  I wouldn't say he's "tap dancing"  but he's clearly in the libertarian area of the spectrum.

I don't blame him. Democrats keep failing his community.

But why do you give him credit but not me? We've both come to the same conclusions and the same solution: kill the Democrats at that polls. Democrats are not the solution to our problems. But don't get me wrong, neither are Republicans. But the mindset of Republicans - individuality, hard work - is what needed in the black community, in the same way it is in immigrants. Offering things makes you fat and complacent and no community will improve until you improve yourself. The black community as it is now is functionally dying under Democratic Party leadership and ideals. The government will not save you. You can, however. These are the principles Black Americans had pre Civil Rights movement and it's time to revive them. Only the Individual and Liberty will save us. Republicans are right about that.

Definitely tap dancing for a governor who has targeted black people for various bullshit, while also lying about Abrams campaign. Couple weeks ago there was a dust up over him claiming Kemp was campaigning in all the places you'd need to go to court black voices, and that Abrams should do the same if she's serious. Turns out she had been to the same stops. Just a weird vibe going on. I'd understand this with some suspect democrat candidate but Abrams is pretty damn good on "black issues."

How is Abrams good with black issues and why should anyone black want to continue to think Democrats can solve anything in our community? Why keep running to them and assume they'll help the problem? What solutions do Democrats even have? More big government BS?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 06:31:11 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1576 on: October 25, 2022, 06:37:18 PM »
Fighting against voter suppression, decrimimalisation of marijuana possession, ending racial profiling by police and police violence, closing the gap on wealth inequality and inner-city poverty, that sort of thing.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1577 on: October 25, 2022, 06:38:43 PM »
How is Abrams good with black issues and why should anyone black want to continue to think Democrats can solve anything in our community? Why keep running to them and assume they'll help the problem? What solutions do Democrats even have? More big government BS?
The Republicans have a big blind spot though which was obvious when Trump was in office and they had a hard time controlling the riots. Despite social justice reform and low unemployment Trump had to hide in a bunker.
I would say post-Trump they've done some soul searching and the right pays more attention to black voices but there's still a lot of "white peopleTM" shenanigans in the GOP.

Running on things like lower gas prices is a short term election strategy that works but does not really change anything.
🤴

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1578 on: October 25, 2022, 06:38:47 PM »

Not saying it lightly, but yeah, guy is dealing with mental illness and lying to himself. At spots in the interview, he’s trying to justify his behavior as an Andy Kaufman bit. Or that he’s a soldier for god. Or any previous struggles with mental health were lies planted in media. Or other excuses he comes up with. That facade is easily broken whenever Lex presses him. He’ll convince himself it’s to get out of deals. Owens and the sycophants around him will support those delusions. Most petulant he got in the interview was at the suggestion to find people he can trust.

Lex pressed him better than anyone has. Sure Lex had some bad moments in the interview but overall he challenged a lot of things that Kayne probably hasn't been challenged on in person. The entire weird thing about his Jewish trainer bringing him to a Jewish doctor was surreal. Kanye has spoken about being bipolar before, and even called it a superpower. Yet with Lex he insinuated the diagnosis was a part of some Jewish plot against him.

Kinda surprised nobody has asked him about Drake being Jewish. They have this weird relationship/rivalry but I wonder what he thinks about the biggest guy in music being...one of those people.

Himu

« Reply #1579 on: October 25, 2022, 07:18:38 PM »
Fighting against voter suppression, decrimimalisation of marijuana possession, ending racial profiling by police and police violence, closing the gap on wealth inequality and inner-city poverty, that sort of thing.

:lol

I'll give you the first two. Democrats claim to help with the others. Also, while you say Democrats want to end racial profiling and police violence, on social media you would think most black people are anti-police but in actuality in the real world black people want more police.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/316571/black-americans-police-retain-local-presence.aspx

Democrats have put in progressive DA's that have allow people in and out of jail, a prominent concern for black Americans. You can say that criminal was a victim of the system all you want but he still chose to do it. Meanwhile black people see the direct effect on soft on crime policy. Look at the crime uptick in Portland, Seattle, and Minneapolis, all places with DEFUND THE POLICE rhetoric now limping along in safety and crime metrics.

https://ambailcoalition.org/new-report-bail-reform-unleashed-a-crime-wave-in-new-york/

Democrats claim to want to close the gap in income but in actuality their practices harm minorities.

Things like :

rent control

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/06/15/comeback-rent-control-just-time-make-housing-shortages-worse/

https://www.jsonline.com/story/opinion/2022/08/12/rent-control-bad-idea-hurts-people-its-intended-help/10101002002/

Your suppositions are helpful only outside looking in. Democrats claim all sorts of shit. Doesn't mean their policies actually help. On the contrary they're often downright dog shit.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1580 on: October 25, 2022, 07:28:21 PM »
The Republicans have a big blind spot though which was obvious when Trump was in office and they had a hard time controlling the riots. Despite social justice reform and low unemployment Trump had to hide in a bunker.
I would say post-Trump they've done some soul searching and the right pays more attention to black voices but there's still a lot of "white peopleTM" shenanigans in the GOP.

Running on things like lower gas prices is a short term election strategy that works but does not really change anything.

Gas isn't the main topics of the midterms. Economy and crime are. GOP are completely hammering on crime and the Dumbocrat "solutions" to it acting like this is gatdamn Europe with some limp wristed "they're not bad" mindset without actual rehabilitation, letting mentally ill people in and out of jail until they shoot up subways, or push Asian women in front a train, or dump a bag full of doo doo in a woman's face. Meanwhile entire CVS stores are locked up tooth and nail, even deodorant. The Democrats have got to go.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1581 on: October 25, 2022, 07:32:38 PM »
I look forward to republicans fixing "crime" like they fix it in red states, where crime is as high or higher than blue states.  :lol

Himu

« Reply #1582 on: October 25, 2022, 07:37:55 PM »
On a positive note, brothers nation-wide now get it. The Democratic Party is not for us. The only solution is not voting or voting GOP or (if such a unicorn exists) a moderate Dem.

The Dems are bleeding black male voters. It's the women they got and they're starting to lose them too. Bleed enough and they will soon become non-viable and not electable without a "key demographic". :lol Zehahaha.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-11/black-men-are-showing-tepid-enthusiasm-for-stacey-abrams-in-georgia-race

One-third of Black men registered in Georgia haven’t voted in the past several elections, with pollsters saying these disaffected voters just don’t think the outcome will improve their lives. In recent years, Black men also have shown they’re more willing to vote Republican, in Georgia and nationally. About 1 in 5 Black men voted for Donald Trump in 2020, up from 2016.

Together, these two groups -- Black men who typically don’t vote and those who have crossed party lines -- could determine the outcome in November. The key is figuring out the reasons for their choices and persuading them to change their minds.

PD calls Killer Mike tap dancing. Pretty soon he will be one of the few brothers still riding Dem dick. But keep fucking that chicken I guess.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 07:46:46 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1583 on: October 25, 2022, 08:02:53 PM »
why would I give you credit?

Killer Mike is helping communities directly. and his end game isn't "kill democrats" its's help people.  You're off kilter and more often than not ,fucking looney bin.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1584 on: October 25, 2022, 08:25:51 PM »
I'm not against Killer Mike. I just find the way he moves to be very odd at times, especially when it comes to tacitly dapping up a guy who has dedicated much (most?) of his career to disenfranchising black people. Similar to the Kanye thing, I don't want to hear "but you have to consider this other thing he said" as a defense. I can't vote, support, dap, or be friendly with people who literally spend large chunks of the year figuring out how to erase basic rights from groups of people.

I remember when the last Georgia voter bill passed and Biden compared it to Jim Crow, there was a lot of pushback (understandably so) and derision about that language. Fast forward to now, and people are being stopped at the polls because the law allows citizens to challenge the validity of "random" (wink wink) people on the voter rolls. You show up to the polls, learn somebody challenged the legality of your voter status, and then are forced to fill out a provisional ballot. Georgia requires a valid driver's license to vote, which means that vast majority of times that person lives in the address that's on file. It's a way for a group of people to say we know where you live, we know your name, and we're going to ensure your vote is parsed or thrown out.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/oct/22/georgia-early-voting-obstacles-new-election-law

Himu

« Reply #1585 on: October 25, 2022, 08:32:43 PM »
Listen to this :rejoice

https://www.newyorker.com/podcast/politics-and-more/whats-driving-black-candidates-to-the-republican-party

The Republican Party is clearly no place for Black activism as most of us know it. Members of the Party inveigh against what they call critical race theory, and oppose efforts to redress racial discrimination in everything from school admissions to policing and public safety; in some quarters, simply acknowledging that racism exists is considered unpatriotic. And yet the Republican Party has recently attracted an almost unprecedented number of Black candidates to its fold—more than at any time since the Reconstruction era. “In a moment where the Party . . . has really wholeheartedly embraced white-grievance politics,” Leah Wright Rigueur tells David Remnick, “they are endorsing more Black candidates than they have in the past twenty-five years.”

Wright Rigueur is a historian at Johns Hopkins University and the author of “The Loneliness of the Black Republican,” which covers the period from the New Deal through the Reagan Administration. The G.O.P., she argues, is exploiting a moment when the long-standing relationship between Black Americans and the Democratic Party is weakening, and it aims to capitalize on an “everyday conservatism” among voters. “It actually makes sense that in the aftermath of Barack Obama—with Black people’s levels of support and warmth for the Democratic Party in decline and the belief among a small sect of African Americans that [it] is just as racist as the Republican Party—that actually frees some people up to actually vote Republican,” she says.

:hyper

The reality is fuck black activism. There has been an activist culture since the 60's. Take Black Lives Matter. It hits just one small slice of black issues. It doesn't address the dissolution of our values, our safety, or black crime. Look at the hip hop culture and the endless amount of bodies dead from gang violence. Where's that moment? Crickets. Protesting does not make one self reliant or independent. The only way to save the black community is by working on thyself, learning skills, and bringing those skills to the community at large to teach a culture of self reliance and values.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1586 on: October 25, 2022, 08:42:10 PM »
why would I give you credit?

Killer Mike is helping communities directly. and his end game isn't "kill democrats" its's help people.  You're off kilter and more often than not ,fucking looney bin.

Killer Mike is a public figure. I'm not. He says he will keep his vote private. I am afforded the ability to say whatever I want on the internet. I do what I can and have canvassed for my local Republicans. :usacry

You can deny it, but we've come to the same conclusions. Trump would have been a much better choice in 2020. Killer Mike agrees. The Democratic Party is no longer the place for black people. Mike agrees. Deny all you want and keep continue to accuse my logical arguments with being "off kilter" or "looney bin". The only way forward for America is for one of the parties to die and be replaced. I think that should be the Democrats.

You have dismissed my views for a year despite them being pretty much in line with Mike's. If you talked with Killer Mike on the internet I bet you'd call him mentally ill too.

In fact, Killer Mike actually cares about mental health. If you cared about mental illness or "helping people" as you said, you wouldn't continue to just flippantly accuse me being mentally ill. You would actually reach out in some way. Hypocrite.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/killer-mike-seeks-family-of-man-who-vandalized-barbershop-so-he-can-get-him-some-help
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 09:02:05 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1587 on: October 25, 2022, 09:37:22 PM »

Killer Mike would rather have Bernie Sanders as the president and that thinks Trump would have been better than Biden because Trump might have "cut a deal" with the black community and advocates to "lean into politicians who will negotiate with you." 

He's not telling people to go republican or democrat and doesn't identify as either.  He's "whatever he needs to be on a local level to advance his people" and in Atlanta that has meant voting for black democrats. 

Mike is also a big supporter of Nina Turner, a democrat, who he wants to run for president.  I think that's probably more due to her connection to Bernie though?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 09:43:48 PM by bork »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1588 on: October 25, 2022, 09:50:46 PM »
Trump definitely > Biden.

I regret my Biden vote. I should have voted Trump. I do not regret my Bernie vote, both times I voted for him.

Let's be real. At the end of the day they're both political parties. They don't care about you nor me. But the mindset and attitude of the self in Republicans is better, overall, for a healthy country. In my opinion.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1589 on: October 25, 2022, 10:00:44 PM »
I love how these people operate in a realm wherein Trump is a blank slate that they can project their wants on, regardless of his actual presidency. Trump had 4 years to "cut a deal" with black people. Didn't do it. Instead he threatened to send the National Guard to black cities on Marshal Law. Instead he attempted to overturn Obamacare, which cut the black un-insurance rate in half. Instead he nominated judges who dismantle the VRA on the federal level. Not to mention bungling covid to a point the economy collapsed, unemployment skyrocketed etc.

I'm not a Biden guy. He's been good-to-great on foreign policy, ok on everything else but more importantly he's just not the guy. I'd vote for again but am hoping he steps down at some point next year. But the idea that he's the same guy he was 30-40 years ago is laughable. Certainly not on drugs or crime lmao.

He got 87% of the black vote. Which is in line with how black people have traditionally voted for white male democrat presidents, post the CRA; iirc Clinton received 84% of the black vote in 1996. There's this talking point, often used by Candace Owens, that black people are waking up and yet...not only are republicans doing nothing to appeal to black voters, they're often openly antagonistic. Most black people recognize that and the data makes it pretty clear that they've stuck with the party they trust for good or bad.

Himu

« Reply #1590 on: October 25, 2022, 11:00:26 PM »
Let me get this straight:

KANYE WEST DID NOT OWN THE DESIGNS OF HIS OWN SHOES??!?!

. . .

Someone come help this man.
IYKYK

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1591 on: October 26, 2022, 09:01:38 AM »
Trump definitely > Biden.

I regret my Biden vote. I should have voted Trump. I do not regret my Bernie vote, both times I voted for him.

Let's be real. At the end of the day they're both political parties. They don't care about you nor me. But the mindset and attitude of the self in Republicans is better, overall, for a healthy country. In my opinion.

That's because its easier to pretend someone who didn't win and therefore did nothing would be better than someone who had to deal with realpolitik to achieve whatever they did.

Ultimately, the Left / Right spectrum isn't about social issues, money, or even really power; it's about change.

Republicans think things right now are pretty great and don't want to change anything because it might make things worse.
Democrats think things right now aren't that great, and changing some things will make everything better for the majority.

That's why a lot of minorities traditionally vote left wing / Democrat.
Even when a lot of the people representing the Democrats are obnoxious as fuck, or blatantly stupid ideas are being floated around as possible policy; it represents the quality of change, possibly for the better.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1592 on: October 26, 2022, 09:46:02 AM »
that thinks Trump would have been better than Biden because Trump

This is misconstruing what he said.  He's talking about knowing that trump just wants wins, and with that you can get him to do anything.  Which has been proven time and time again.

His hesitation to trust Biden and co. isn't misplaced. dems have been pulling the football gag for their entire run.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1593 on: October 26, 2022, 02:12:55 PM »
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1594 on: October 26, 2022, 02:24:08 PM »
LOOOOOOOOL at who that's coming from.
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1595 on: October 26, 2022, 02:27:15 PM »
They're just saying they'd like to see some ethics in games journali... wait, what?

Himu

« Reply #1596 on: October 26, 2022, 02:30:56 PM »
The thing with Kanye is that Jay-Z and Nas been saying the same shit. Russell on this tip here too. :lol

I have no idea why they're targeting Kanye so harshly given he's not the first to do it but maybe it's because the others apologized or whatever and kanye is just a loose cannon spouting off all kinds of mess with no remorse.

I don't agree with it but eh.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1597 on: October 26, 2022, 02:38:42 PM »
SEE RUSSELL! SUCKING UP THAT JEWISH GAME

What I tell you! Schoolin' The Goyim! :bow Learn from them folks. The Jewish people are doing something right, I'm f-ing telling you man. Amazing people.

I look up to the Jews so much. Completely right on the God is not a Man, tip. Bless them folk! :bow Pass the Challah!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 02:47:27 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #1599 on: October 26, 2022, 03:16:08 PM »
imagine using an eloquent account of jewissh/black relations to say that kanye's stupid as fucking rants are right.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1601 on: October 26, 2022, 03:37:23 PM »
Brianna Wu took the L? :titus
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1602 on: October 26, 2022, 03:40:23 PM »
Coming soon to a social media platform near you: "A few pairs of big tits in street fighter isn't that big of a deal" - Anita Sarkeesian.
(ice)

Himu

« Reply #1603 on: October 26, 2022, 04:21:39 PM »
imagine using an eloquent account of jewissh/black relations to say that kanye's stupid as fucking rants are right.

Agreed. I really dislike the title of the video. Russell is right!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1604 on: October 26, 2022, 05:34:29 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/holocaust-museum-of-la-flooded-with-antisemitic-messages-after-offering-kanye-west-a-private-tour/

JFC what a dark road for Kanye. I saw Nazis supporting this dude on highway in pictures. I cannot believe this how far this man has fallen. Please pray for this man! He's sick!
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1605 on: October 26, 2022, 06:04:17 PM »
The parallels and irony are amazing
Spud

Himu

« Reply #1606 on: October 26, 2022, 06:21:36 PM »
:yeshrug

I'm not the one hating on the Jewish people or thinking black people are the real Jews all along!

I just like to shit post and make people mad. I like getting a reaction and laughing at my phone. Kanye has lost 1 billion dollars. This man needs help! I truly worry this might be a precursor to a suicide attempt.
IYKYK

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1607 on: October 26, 2022, 07:31:34 PM »
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #1608 on: October 26, 2022, 07:33:31 PM »
that thinks Trump would have been better than Biden because Trump

This is misconstruing what he said.  He's talking about knowing that trump just wants wins, and with that you can get him to do anything.  Which has been proven time and time again.

His hesitation to trust Biden and co. isn't misplaced. dems have been pulling the football gag for their entire run.

Since when? Trump is too stupid to be controlable. That was was proved time and time again. Why you think even a cynical asshole that only wants money and power like McConnell hates his guts?

benjipwns

« Reply #1609 on: October 26, 2022, 09:35:50 PM »
Mike is also a big supporter of Nina Turner, a democrat, who he wants to run for president.  I think that's probably more due to her connection to Bernie though?
Losing in a primary for the House -> Bernie does worse in the presidential primaries -> losing even harder in a primary for the same House seat -> ? -> President Nina Turner.

benjipwns

« Reply #1610 on: October 26, 2022, 09:42:23 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #1611 on: October 26, 2022, 10:21:22 PM »
As a teacher in Oakland, Calif., Kareem Weaver helped struggling fourth- and fifth-grade kids learn to read by using a very structured, phonics-based reading curriculum called Open Court. It worked for the students, but not so much for the teachers. “For seven years in a row, Oakland was the fastest-gaining urban district in California for reading,” recalls Weaver. “And we hated it.”

The teachers felt like curriculum robots—and pushed back. “This seems dehumanizing, this is colonizing, this is the man telling us what to do,” says Weaver, describing their response to the approach. “So we fought tooth and nail as a teacher group to throw that out.” It was replaced in 2015 by a curriculum that emphasized rich literary experiences. “Those who wanted to fight for social justice, they figured that this new progressive way of teaching reading was the way,” he says.
:dead :dead :dead :dead

Himu

« Reply #1612 on: October 27, 2022, 01:50:23 AM »
Reading and math are racism!
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1613 on: October 27, 2022, 03:42:09 AM »
https://twitter.com/phl43/status/1581777795440836608
I knew that would be a Stan Grant opinion piece before I even opened the link. Stan's while identity is based on blaming white people for everything.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1614 on: October 27, 2022, 06:42:47 AM »
As a teacher in Oakland, Calif., Kareem Weaver helped struggling fourth- and fifth-grade kids learn to read by using a very structured, phonics-based reading curriculum called Open Court. It worked for the students, but not so much for the teachers. “For seven years in a row, Oakland was the fastest-gaining urban district in California for reading,” recalls Weaver. “And we hated it.”

The teachers felt like curriculum robots—and pushed back. “This seems dehumanizing, this is colonizing, this is the man telling us what to do,” says Weaver, describing their response to the approach. “So we fought tooth and nail as a teacher group to throw that out.” It was replaced in 2015 by a curriculum that emphasized rich literary experiences. “Those who wanted to fight for social justice, they figured that this new progressive way of teaching reading was the way,” he says.
:dead :dead :dead :dead

every single part of this article is profoundly depressing

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1615 on: October 27, 2022, 01:12:28 PM »
More art under attack from the commies
https://twitter.com/Kolpen/status/1585613220185767937
🤴

Polident Hive

« Reply #1616 on: October 27, 2022, 01:33:01 PM »

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
:O

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1618 on: October 27, 2022, 02:25:58 PM »
That’s what they call a pro gamer move  :snob
Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #1619 on: October 27, 2022, 02:31:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/100thingsilove/status/1585192805332549632

:pika

How boring. This is how people protested in the 70s, baby

(And then he proceeded to steal the microphones  :lol)