Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 946989 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: Shane-O-Mac Returns To Bring You InVasion Part II
« Reply #2520 on: April 03, 2016, 11:06:54 PM »
The Waffle House and Hot Pockets comments from Rock
:delicious

BURIED.
ど助平

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2521 on: April 03, 2016, 11:43:50 PM »
The crowd is not having any of this bullshit, hahaha

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2522 on: April 03, 2016, 11:46:19 PM »
They muted the crowd.
:dead

Reigns wins, predictably.  :zzz
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2523 on: April 03, 2016, 11:49:09 PM »
That fucking SUCKED.

See you guys for Raw tomorrow.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #2524 on: April 03, 2016, 11:50:36 PM »
Shane  :rejoice

no JR to call the moment tho :(

and ofc they push reigns, smh

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2525 on: April 04, 2016, 12:00:36 AM »
Pretty awful. At least we get to see roman get shook at crowds booing him. I hope seth gets better soon.

archie4208

« Reply #2526 on: April 04, 2016, 08:49:39 AM »
The WWE Universe in a nutshell.  :doge

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2527 on: April 04, 2016, 09:28:04 AM »
It was legit bad. Every match finished was bad.

I honestly cannot believe they screwed up Dean/Lesnar. That had MONEY all over it. It was just boring!

nat

archie4208

« Reply #2528 on: April 04, 2016, 09:46:56 AM »
>No holds barred
>The entire gimmick of the match was that Dean had a bunch of weapons
>Didn't actually use any of said weapons
>Jobs after a single F5

Brilliant.  :derp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2529 on: April 04, 2016, 11:07:13 AM »
They could have had the exact same finish between Brock and Dean and not had it make Dean feel like a chump. Having Dean get DESTROYED but continues to push through and come at Brock would compelling. Think about the scene in Fight Club where Durden goads the building owner guy into beating the shit out of him. I imagine something like that where Dean's absolute insanity gets to Brock. He's shook by it. He finally puts Dean down but coming out of the match we don't see Dean as a chump.

Except nothing happened. No story is developed, nothing is progressed. It just ends.

nat

archie4208

« Reply #2530 on: April 04, 2016, 12:33:08 PM »
I wasn't watching rasslin when 27 happened, but this is certainly the worst one I've seen since I got back into it.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #2531 on: April 04, 2016, 01:52:36 PM »
The Ambrose shit is almost completely because he doesn't give Vince a boner. Reigns gets that push cause he does. I don't know why I bother paying any attention to the WWE, and I basically only watch a ppv every 3-4 months. Even that feels like too much.

Booking was wack as fuck in that show.

-Zack Ryder wins IC belt. Really? Why? Didn't he only get added at the last minute because Neville got hurt? So clearly, there was no thought put into that ending because 2-3 weeks ago he wasn't even in the fucking match.
-Jericho goes over AJ. Why? So we can keep having this fucking angle/storyline? Jericho has turned in his best work in years in this angle, admittedly, but AJ is someone the people in charge should view as an important piece of their future. Jobbing him at his first Mania to a part timer at this point in his (Jericho's) career shows they don't. DUR HUR HUR, good job, Vince.
-I'm actually 100% fine with everything that happened with the LoN-New Day match. ND are faces at this point, having the heels go over in a non-title match and using it as an excuse to have a "fun" entertainment segment with Austin, Foley and HBK is just fine with me. Pretty much anything the ND are involved in is going to be a highlight of any WWE show. They're that fucking good.
-Ambrose-Lesnar was meh. A lot of matches didn't seem to click tonight in ring and this was one of them, which sucks because both of these guys are capable of putting on an awesome match. I feel like Ambrose is hampered with the company's booking, and Brock, I hate to say it, but I think he's hampered with himself. His matches are becoming pretty by the numbers and lazy on his part. "Suplex a guy a lot, look unbeatable" is getting kind of boring.
-The women's match was easily the best match of the night. Everything was well done for the most part and there some awesome moments, like Sasha's frog splash from out of frame to break up a submission attempt, etc. I would have rather had either Sasha or Becky go over, but hopefully this is setting up a 1 on 1 Charlotte Sasha match where Flair is banned from ringside at a future ppv. Sasha is my waifu.
-Taker-Shane: ok for what it was, I guess. The issue is that other than the one spot that will get replayed forever and ever as a "holy shit moment" (and rightfully so) the match was a plodding borefest. Which would have been ok if Lesnar-Ambrose hadn't also been slow paced and kind of boring. 2 out of 3 "gimmick" matches not delivering (the IC ladder match being the only one that did) kind of sucks.
-Battle Royal: palate cleanser. Ok as that but show could have done without it.
-Rock segment: ok for what it was, but Bray hasn't had a victory of any sort really for like two years it seems. If you want to build the Wyatt family into a credible heel stable, this is not how you do it.
-HHH-Reigns: This match went on for about 27 minutes. It didn't deserve to. It was serviceable but not great, not even very good. Not the way you want to end your biggest show of the year, for sure. I'm not sure what else is to be said about Reigns as the top face of the company. The company wants it; the fans do not. They've backed themselves into this corner and this is the story they've chose to tell. How do you credibly turn Reings heel at this point? Do Steph and HHH just ignore him? Are they not part of the show anymore? I find that doubtful. If they are, they're going to fuck with Reigns, and the crowds are either going to be indifferent to that as a storyline or outright hostile. That's a dumb way to do business. People are saying that you can turn Reigns heel, and I agree he'd be a better heel than a face, but again, with the work that you've done so far, how do you turn him heel in any way that makes sense? It's just dumb. The whole thing is dumb and makes me tired and not want to watch WWE.

Highlights of the show: Women's title match, The New Day, most of the in ring stuff in the IC match, any of the "entertainment" segments like Austin/Foley/HBK, Rock, etc.
Lowlights: pretty much everything else. Probably the worst Mania I've ever seen.
Honorable Mention: Steph's outfit

:lawd

yar

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2532 on: April 04, 2016, 01:53:03 PM »

Nah, Zack Ryder winning was a legitimately awesome surprise

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2533 on: April 04, 2016, 02:07:01 PM »

Nah, Zack Ryder winning was a legitimately awesome surprise

It was a nice surprise but shitty booking. What do they do with it? Why not use the IC belt as a carrot in a KO-Sami feud? I dunno, man. Just seems like scattershot booking. Maybe they do something cool with it but I'm not hopeful.
yar

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2534 on: April 04, 2016, 02:12:33 PM »
No doubt the booking was shitty, but it was nice seeing a loyal jobber like Ryder get some shine, and it was the only moment that was surprising (though every other outcome was surprising in how predictable they were.) As for where it goes, I wouldn't be shocked if he loses it tonight lol. I only see them using this as a speedbump for Zayn/Owens

archie4208

« Reply #2535 on: April 04, 2016, 02:20:15 PM »
Pretty sure the only reason Ryder won was to shill that Snickers commercial later in the show.  :doge

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2536 on: April 04, 2016, 02:32:37 PM »
The Ryder thing does give one hope that in 5 years, after being sentenced to job in obscurity for the unpardonable sin of getting over on his own, maybe AJ Styles will get a cup of coffee with the US title or something.
yar

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2537 on: April 04, 2016, 04:05:13 PM »
That shit was nearly five hours. Way too much rassling. Of course the pre-show tacks on another two. A pre show which much of the arena audience missed cause they didn't start letting them in until 10 minutes prior to it starting due to a power issue, and apparently after that they couldn't scan in tickets cause wifi was down. Just a complete fucking mess all around.
Hi

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2538 on: April 04, 2016, 04:40:33 PM »
Yeah definitely way too long. I didn't even realize it started at 7, I turned it on five minutes before it started expecting the preshow, then remembered that they made it 4 hours last year. I was hoping that the Rock segment coming at like 10:15 would mean a shorter main event, but alas we were subject to the torture of that garbage. I think the few cheers heard at the end were just glad it was over

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2539 on: April 04, 2016, 04:41:23 PM »
The Club and Suite entrance to the stadium didn't have those problems. :snob We got right in as soon as it opened.

Maybe not the best booked show ever but the spectacle was impressive. So were the boos for Reigns. I've never heard a crowd reaction like that before. I'll have pics of everything when I get back.

Re: Zack Ryder, hoping he won just to get rocked by Joe tonight. That'd be great.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2540 on: April 04, 2016, 06:03:00 PM »
Joe isn't coming up for a while, at least according to the wreddit insider dude. He just finished an AMA by the way
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/4dch01/amaa_time_lets_talk_wrestling/

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2541 on: April 05, 2016, 11:44:55 AM »
So even the famous "RAW After Wrestlemania" was kind of a disappointment. 

We got--

-Apollo Crews' RAW debut
-Baron Corbin officially called up
-Enzo and Big Cass officially called up (buried the Dudleys on the mic  :lol) -Sans Carmella-
-The Vaudevillains called up...but will debut on Smackdown (lol)
-Los Matadores are no more.  Appear to be re-repackaged back to Primo and Epico
-Barrett kicked out of the LoN
-Possible Wyatt family face turn vs. LoN (lolwut)
-Zack Ryder lost the IC title to The Miz  :lol This happened after Maryse returned and messed with Ryder's dad.  I suspect he'll regain the title
-Sami Zayn pulled from the fatal four way main event for the title and replaced with a returning Cesaro
-AJ Styles is now the number one contender

Vince put Shane in charge of RAW for the night.  Nothing from Shane of the lockbox/dirt he has on Vince.   :doge

No HHH or Stephanie on the show last night.  No Cena, either, which surprised me.  Roman Reigns came out to a hail of boos and acted heelish.  This is good.  He still sucked, but this is an improvement.  He then was made to look like a bitch, IMO, when the Sami Zayn, Jericho, Kevin Owens, and AJ Styles came out.  Jericho ran him down on the mic and then Reigns just stood there, doing nothing, while the others fought.  He finally speared Jericho, but largely had no presence out there. 

I hope the way he spoke on the mic means he's getting a heel turn.  Would make sense if AJ is his opponent.  The guy is just not over, and you can't possibly tell me that he has merch sales like Cena to keep him babyface.  Cena at least gets a mixed reaction and you can tell that there is some respect there.  People, including kids, just flat-out hate Reigns.  He needs a Rocky Maivia--style heel turn, stat.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2542 on: April 05, 2016, 11:55:53 AM »
-Zack Ryder lost the IC title to The Miz

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2543 on: April 05, 2016, 03:24:26 PM »
I thought that last night's Raw was tons better than Mania.

:yeshrug
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2544 on: April 05, 2016, 03:54:05 PM »

Is that really saying much?  :doge
ど助平

dkdk

« Reply #2545 on: April 05, 2016, 07:41:11 PM »
Maryse byke?

:shaq

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2546 on: April 05, 2016, 08:06:57 PM »

Is that really saying much?  :doge

We ended the night with AJ in the main event picture, Cesaro back in action, and Enzo and Cass on the main roster. I'll take what I can get these days.
yar

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2547 on: April 05, 2016, 10:18:24 PM »
Defintely gonna watch a VOD of that Raw, it was pretty crazy live and I'm curious how it came across on TV

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2548 on: April 05, 2016, 11:48:27 PM »
Here's a bunch of pics from Wrestlemania: http://imgur.com/a/0ErRP. I'll have Raw up soonish as well.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2549 on: April 06, 2016, 09:45:49 AM »
I like him. I can definitely see not liking the strongman style he uses, especially the swing (which I'm honestly not a fan of). Swing is cool sometimes but the WWE obsession with him doing it every match really killed it for me, as well as the awful camera zoom during it making me slightly ill. Promo-wise I think he's actually pretty good, his stuff with Tyson Kidd was a lot of fun. They should really utilize his multi-language skills in promos though.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2550 on: April 06, 2016, 09:55:29 AM »
He needs new entrance music.

Give him the "James Bond" theme again or something.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2551 on: April 06, 2016, 10:57:47 AM »
Yes please. His current theme is just Steiner's on steroids. Though I guess everything Steiner is already on steroids

Really though he should have just kept the Real Americans theme. Not like Swagger has done anything useful with it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2552 on: April 06, 2016, 02:47:01 PM »
I want this back, sans the crap-rap.

IIRC, isn't that what Dean Malenko had at one point?

EDIT: Answering my own question...yup!  :lol

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2553 on: April 06, 2016, 11:28:56 PM »
Looks like the lady already put all the photos on Flickr and didn't tell me, so I didn't have to bother sorting all those. Here's the photos from Raw and the taping of Superstars: https://www.flickr.com/photos/luckytango/albums/72157666825578145

Also some pics from Round 1 Arcade since we went there before WM: https://www.flickr.com/photos/luckytango/albums/72157666709684121

Trent Dole

« Reply #2554 on: April 09, 2016, 04:42:56 PM »
There was a fan made version of Cesaro's theme with EVEN MORE sirens added in but I sadly can't find it. :(
Hi

dkdk

« Reply #2555 on: April 09, 2016, 05:15:52 PM »
Cesaro's awesome. They should've let him keep the Real Americans theme.
If you can book Brock as a mercenary in story just book Cesaro like an international hitman. It's gold.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2556 on: April 10, 2016, 02:49:32 PM »
There was a fan made version of Cesaro's theme with EVEN MORE sirens added in but I sadly can't find it. :(

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2557 on: April 11, 2016, 12:13:21 PM »

:confused

so...what was the point of any of that match?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2558 on: April 11, 2016, 12:16:54 PM »
I read a thing that made it make (somekind) of sense. Vince decides to give him control anyway because at this point there's no risk to him. If Shane fails than Vince can come in and say he told us so and send Shane packing. If Shane succeeds, he can come in and take credit for it since he's such a genius.

But obviously it's stupid as fuck and doesn't make sense and is bad booking but you take what you can get sometimes.
nat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2559 on: April 11, 2016, 12:22:07 PM »
Huh, that would fit the Mr. McMahon character pretty well actually, in that he engineers situations where he can always be right.

Of course they usually also blow up in his face so that part should be fun.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:58:31 PM by nachobro »

archie4208

« Reply #2560 on: April 11, 2016, 01:36:48 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:confused

so...what was the point of any of that match?

To see Shane O' Mac nearly kill himself.  :doge

Trent Dole

« Reply #2561 on: April 11, 2016, 04:39:35 PM »
Shane should've won, but I guess they're saving the retirement match for Cena.
Hi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2562 on: April 11, 2016, 05:06:22 PM »
still, what a weird angle. you made taker look like vince's bitch and got him booed at wrestlemania just to reverse the decision anyway. but that jump was pretty fucking cool so i ain't mad. but i guess this is really just a result of cena and/or sting getting hurt. if one of those two would have been healthy shane would have fought the big show or some similar chump or maybe not even showed up most likely.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2563 on: April 11, 2016, 08:04:36 PM »
Huh, that would fit the Mr. McMahon character pretty well actually, in that he engineers situations where he can always be right.

Of course they usually also blow up in his face so that part should be fun.

but it also flies in the face of the McMahon character by implying he pays attention/listens to social media, which if it were the case means roman would have been thrown in a volcano a year ago

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2564 on: April 12, 2016, 12:06:16 AM »
damn that was a good raw. zayn/aj was :lawd and even the main event was good!

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2565 on: April 12, 2016, 10:09:19 AM »
Raw was pretty good. I'm happy that Enzo and Cass seem to be over. They just need to change up their shtick a bit here and there so it doesn't get tired.
Worried about Apollo Crews. I can see a path they're putting him on that leads to everyone hating him,
nat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2566 on: April 12, 2016, 10:29:02 AM »
Luckily for Crews he's got Vince's favorite look so he should be okay for a while. He really needs a character other than "happy to be here guy" though.

nachobro

• Live Más

Tasty

« Reply #2568 on: April 13, 2016, 12:21:08 AM »
Wrestling sucks and is dumb

Trent Dole

« Reply #2569 on: April 13, 2016, 04:29:16 PM »
Also, videogames.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2571 on: April 18, 2016, 01:06:01 PM »

I thought you'd love big sweaty men grabbing each other.  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2572 on: April 18, 2016, 04:02:12 PM »
Satallite feed of Raw recording this week (it's in London so a taped Raw) if you want to see the show early and with all the backstage chatter: http://goodgame.ru/channel/streamsnetOBS/

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2573 on: April 20, 2016, 03:09:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/WWEmena/status/720697168798081025
 :leon  Didn't know Sami spoke Arabic, that's cool.

edit: i guess he's Syrian and Muslim, I feel dumb now

archie4208

« Reply #2574 on: April 21, 2016, 06:40:00 AM »
:( 46 is way too young and it sounds like she had a ton of personal demons.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2575 on: April 21, 2016, 10:45:18 AM »
Damn that's awful. She deserved far better treatment than she got from WWE. Yet another example of drugs and booze taking someone apart :(
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:55:33 AM by nachobro »

El Babua

« Reply #2576 on: April 21, 2016, 06:15:07 PM »
RIP

Unfortunately that's the status quo for most wrestlers.

archie4208

« Reply #2577 on: May 01, 2016, 09:53:46 PM »
Anyone else watching Payback?

Enzo got a serious injury and they had to stop the match.  :(
KO vs Zayn was fucking awesome
Cesaro vs Miz and Jericho vs Ambrose were boring
Natalya vs Charlotte was pretty good then they rehashed the Montreal Screwjob.  ???

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2578 on: May 01, 2016, 10:33:31 PM »
Missed what happened to Enzo.  Damn.   :(

Shane AND Stephanie running RAW :zzz

:lol
ど助平

archie4208

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #2579 on: May 01, 2016, 10:37:19 PM »
http://webmshare.com/Jr8RE

It's "just" a concussion.  It could've been much worse.

Also Kevin Dunn muted Roman's boos again.  :rofl