Author Topic: Please share your triumph of the day  (Read 797913 times)

zomgee

• We've *all*
Re: Please share your triumph of the day
« Reply #4860 on: June 19, 2018, 12:12:22 AM »
Mushnik shots:

Second shot is me screaming my lungs out at Seymour for forgetting Mrs. Shiva's order. Third shot is me singing Mushnik and Son.

I'm having a blast, except on Sunday Seymour and I crossed lines up and left 20 seconds of dead silence and confusing dialog during Suppertime. Ah well. Shit happens.
rub

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #4861 on: June 19, 2018, 06:03:14 AM »
not sure if i'll still view this as a triumph down the line but i've been asked to stay in dubai for three years to oversee a number of implementation projects. leaning towards yes just to tick the international experience box and also just to be ostentatious for once

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4862 on: June 19, 2018, 07:55:38 AM »
You'd be getting expat compensation I assume?  That's got to be a pretty package.  Go for it broseph.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #4863 on: June 19, 2018, 08:20:22 AM »
yeah and it's all tax free too so it'll be nice seeing a payslip where about half of it is deducted. main reservation is that i've always lived in london and would be weird being anywhere else

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4864 on: June 19, 2018, 03:42:57 PM »
no more drinking though :S
每天生气

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #4865 on: June 19, 2018, 03:55:05 PM »
oh no you can, i went clubbing this weekend and got hammered. i had to pay an entry fee but it's basically your tab at the bar. however boozing out here is fucking expensive at bars etc but i don't trust myself to keep any in my room plus i don't think shops will sell to me as a muslim

Tasty

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4867 on: June 19, 2018, 11:09:11 PM »
Finished my certification book. Now just a matter of doing practice tests, reviewing what I miss and taking the test. :rejoice

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #4868 on: June 19, 2018, 11:28:22 PM »
breasts  :nope

thighs  :ohyeah

In general I agree with you, but for some reasons thighs have been more expensive than breasts at all the grocery stores around me for a few months now. Usually it's the other way around.

prob supply/demand. people finally starting to like juicy thicc thighs over that dry ass breast meat.
◕‿◕

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #4869 on: June 19, 2018, 11:29:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/madebygoogle/status/1009164023353335808

:phil

???

edit: im just real confused by the food they're showing here. processed cheese, white bread + tomato skewers, pear and cheese wraps with some cookies, grape apple and tomato halves? wtf is this?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:35:31 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4870 on: June 20, 2018, 10:50:25 AM »
Hey Google, cock with Tasty.
©@©™

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4871 on: June 20, 2018, 07:06:10 PM »
album sent off for mastering

Tasty

« Reply #4872 on: June 20, 2018, 07:42:38 PM »

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4873 on: June 25, 2018, 03:54:30 PM »
A small victory: I have a small chunk of my design portfolio on Behance (a social media platform for designers & other creatives) and I'm currently ranking near the top (or at the top, depending on what metrics I'm using) of my city/region's search results.

Eventually I need to get on Dribbble as well but I'm reserving my best work for that site since design and marketing titans are more likely to see you on there.

edit: I rank up there for my whole state as well. I'm a couple positions down from Beeple lol. Big fish, small pond ey? :doge
https://www.behance.net/beeple

album sent off for mastering
Can't wait to hear it, man. :lawd
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 05:44:31 PM by Atramental »

Tasty

« Reply #4874 on: June 26, 2018, 02:24:54 PM »
After six months of being here, I'm finally transforming my apartment into... my apartment. Getting some new furniture like a wine rack, coat rack, new barstools for my counter, and for the first time ever, a bed frame. I've finally succumbed to social pressure about my floor-mattress. :'(

I also got some posters coming.

Next on my list are Rosemary's Baby, Lost Highway, House on Haunted Hill, maybe some Kubrick...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4875 on: June 26, 2018, 05:23:53 PM »
Woke up today at 8 because my phone made noises.

High profile client mails me in panic, "the prototype doesn't work anymore!" The thing was delivered 2 months ago and worked like a charm but today was presentation to management day.
Basically round one in what could be a massive development job. No presentation to management = no funding, unhappy client, no job.

I check the prototype built with some shitty prototype software and yes it has completely broken down.
All 'touch points' that used to be over buttons are now 1px and stuffed in a corner. The thing is completely unusable and there was no clear reason as to why.
"Shit" goes through my head. Our intern spend 3 weeks on linking these 50 screens with complicated interactions together and there's two of these damn things.

"What time is the presentation?", I ask. "Mid day" he replies, followed by: "OH GOD EVERYTHING IS BROKEN HALP"

I know this shit was impossible to fix within the time limit. But I boot-up my PC and reply: "Don't worry I'm going to fix it"

NOW this is why you are a gamer. Click, swipe, click, swipe, swoosh. BOOM, 1 hours later. Smartphone prototype returned to glory.
Think about it, I spend 0.833333 minutes on every screen on average. Each screen at least had 4 main navigation buttons to tie up to the next screen.
Not to mention many had toggles and shit. I couldn't use templates across multiple screens (as that is what had broken down).
So I had to configure all interactions for one screen at a time, consisting of 4 options for every interaction:
1. Manually enter screen to link to via autocomplete search, with names such as: "Feature open v1 @3x" and "Feature open v2 final semi beta @3x"
2. Animation to use (one out of 20 or so, including correctly implementing 'push left' for 'backwards navigation' and 'push right' for 'forward navigation' and 'dissolve' for modals
3. Manually drag and place all the interactions into position so they align with the right button on the screen
(occasionally the browser crashes because this software is a POS and I had to run through the entire thing to test it about 4 to 6 times)

I mail back: "Yo, check out the mobile prototype, it works again I think. I'm going to start fixing the tablet one now".

BOOM 1 hour later.

"Yo, the tablet prototype is fixed too, I'm heading to the office after grabbing some breakfast call me if there's anything."

Get mail back in the office: "WOW, OMG, EVERYTHING IS PERFECT AGAIN AND SO FAST"

Get mail back at 20:30 "Yo, had the presentation with the manager. He loved it, round 1 is done. Now to go to other departments to secure more funding!"

Interns are a bit slower but on average I would say this would've taken a week to fix and a lot of trial and error and testing to get right.

I do that shit in 2 hours. Just awoke, on an empty stomach.
 :dice
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4876 on: June 27, 2018, 11:19:37 AM »
Got free breakfast tacos today and then got a raise when I got into work! :rejoice

shosta

« Reply #4877 on: June 30, 2018, 01:33:26 PM »
free large mocha iced coffee at Dunkin just because I was in the right place at the right time
:mouf
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #4878 on: June 30, 2018, 02:26:43 PM »
free large mocha iced coffee at Dunkin just because I was in the right place at the right time
:mouf

Are you the fucker who keeps stealing my To-Go drinks?! :bolo

shosta

« Reply #4879 on: June 30, 2018, 04:26:27 PM »
the cashier offered it to me for being a valued customer
 :ego
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #4880 on: June 30, 2018, 04:50:04 PM »
OK good, I don't have to kill you now.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4881 on: June 30, 2018, 05:47:19 PM »
Got floor seats to the New Japan Pro Wrestling G1 event and the person I bought the tickets from threw in a complete meet and greet session pass! Holy fuck balls, I am excite much!

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4882 on: June 30, 2018, 07:23:48 PM »

Tasty Meat (Flower Boy): Professional Enthusiast Assassin

Tasty

« Reply #4883 on: June 30, 2018, 07:38:00 PM »

Tasty Meat (Flower Boy): Professional Enthusiast Assassin

All I'll say is those in Boston take their Dunks damn seriously. 😐

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I also take mine with a good helping of cream and sugar. :delicious
[close]

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #4884 on: June 30, 2018, 07:38:20 PM »
Programmed a halfway decent drum beat in Ableton to go with some guitar stuff I had recorded. I don't play drums, so I had to watch a bunch of youtube videos on "drumming theory" or whatever.
I used to work a lot in Ableton during my musical days. Those were fun times. Little did i know electronic music would blow the fuck up in the states.

You should post what you made. Let's hear it.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4885 on: June 30, 2018, 08:14:38 PM »
Went to the doctor and he prescribed me new SSRI for my anxiety disorder which has been badly triggered by irl stress. I used to take this years ago and it really helped me. Should've gotten it sooner but they don't have SSRI in Japan and the doctors threw me a bunch of Xanax instead, and told me to suck it up. I'm also going to see a psychologist to help with the anxiety, and kinda clear my mind from bad memories. So many things has happened the past years that I need to process. I'm on day 4 now, and already starting to feel it helping a lot with the stomach knot. Gonna take several weeks for the full effect to kick in though.

Anyway, I wanted to post this because I see it as a triumph to finally force myself to deal with this in a better way than bottling up/ignoring it.

Btw, this drug makes my pupils cocaine level big. It's pretty fascinating. :lol

Snoopycat_

« Reply #4886 on: July 01, 2018, 08:09:31 AM »
Bought myself the Velvet Underground Matrix Tapes boxset. I been wanting it for ages but everytime i look on Ebay it was going for stupid money, then it pop up on Amazon for Ł60, which is still crazy money but I would've been pissed if I let it go.

Tasty

« Reply #4887 on: July 01, 2018, 10:46:17 PM »
NVM

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #4888 on: July 02, 2018, 12:21:39 AM »
not sure if i'll still view this as a triumph down the line but i've been asked to stay in dubai for three years to oversee a number of implementation projects. leaning towards yes just to tick the international experience box and also just to be ostentatious for once

I hear there's some openings in town. :money

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-14/the-downfall-of-arif-naqvi-s-abraaj-group-dubai-s-star-investor

Get a sweet watch with Eastern Arabic numerals. :noah
[close]

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #4889 on: July 02, 2018, 02:00:27 AM »

I hear there's some openings in town. :money

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-14/the-downfall-of-arif-naqvi-s-abraaj-group-dubai-s-star-investor

Get a sweet watch with Eastern Arabic numerals. :noah
[close]
i'm going bankrupt from all these administrative fees, they certainly know how to get income tax out of you without calling it income tax. what would be a good watch to get?

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4890 on: July 02, 2018, 03:11:44 PM »
Little Shop of Horrors is over and I feel like I lost a close friend. I had such a great time though. I am joining the local actors guild as a member and going to continue to participate. I'll be honest though, since we closed Saturday night I have flat out wept a few times, it meant that much to me. Maybe I'm maleopausal.

The Producers is going to be done in 2020 and I am already going to study up for that - gonna try for Max Bialystock. :)

If anyone would like to see a video of Mushnik and Son, I have a private youtube link.

Channeling my greatest Vincent Gardenia

I'm gonna die.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 03:28:15 PM by zomgee »
rub

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4891 on: July 03, 2018, 03:33:22 AM »
I think I'm onto something as of late.

I'm in a planning phase right now but I've discovered a niche that I think I can make a lot of money off of if I play my cards right and strike while the iron is hot.

But I'm not going to give out too many details since I don't want to jinx myself.  :doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4892 on: July 03, 2018, 03:58:42 AM »
I want to get rich too, breh   :-\

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4893 on: July 03, 2018, 04:05:49 AM »
No. My illustration skills aren't good enough for that.

I'm going to be making design assets for a specific style/audience that's under served on most asset marketplaces.

Tasty

« Reply #4894 on: July 03, 2018, 09:43:30 AM »
those self-help 'improve your self-esteem' books really do fucking help :doge

i couldn't imagine going on a date three months ago

now... i can actually see it happen, and also imagine a positive outcome :doge

Which ones?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4895 on: July 03, 2018, 09:52:58 AM »
After six months of being here, I'm finally transforming my apartment into... my apartment. Getting some new furniture like a wine rack, coat rack, new barstools for my counter, and for the first time ever, a bed frame. I've finally succumbed to social pressure about my floor-mattress. :'(

I also got some posters coming.

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Next on my list are Rosemary's Baby, Lost Highway, House on Haunted Hill, maybe some Kubrick...

Go for the Barry Lyndon silhouette poster. It’s classy. It’s a panty dropper.
serge

Tasty

« Reply #4896 on: July 03, 2018, 10:40:25 AM »
Panties? :yuck

Briefs? :phil

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4897 on: July 03, 2018, 10:42:40 AM »

What about men in panties?

Tasty

« Reply #4898 on: July 03, 2018, 11:01:57 AM »
:larry

If I wanted to date women I'd date women. I like men because they're men, and manly.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4899 on: July 03, 2018, 11:02:52 AM »
#notallmen

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #4900 on: July 03, 2018, 10:26:49 PM »
i'm going bankrupt from all these administrative fees, they certainly know how to get income tax out of you without calling it income tax. what would be a good watch to get?

A Hublot Big Bang. It's the horological distillation of Dubai. :sabu

But since you won't be there forever... a Rolex Day-Date with Eastern numerals and Arabic days of the week. :whew

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #4901 on: July 04, 2018, 01:36:17 AM »

A Hublot Big Bang. It's the horological distillation of Dubai. :sabu

But since you won't be there forever... a Rolex Day-Date with Eastern numerals and Arabic days of the week. :whew

hublot  :holeup

rolex  :lawd

hello simulacra of branded prosperity!*

*please don't look at my credit card bills

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4902 on: July 04, 2018, 01:46:39 AM »

I understand the delusion, but let it go. Briefs are just panties.
serge

Kara

« Reply #4903 on: July 04, 2018, 03:01:47 AM »

It's weird that #brands like Richard Mille (and the previously mentioned crime against humanity trading under the name Hublot) didn't so much upend the place Rolex occupies in popular consciousness as they just created a new space that's frankly incomprehensible to the average person. A sign of the times if ever there was one I suppose.

And that would be the last watch you'd ever have to buy so really what's a few thousand spread over 20+ years? :win

Tangent: I recently found a near mint GUB Spezimatic that I've been talking myself out of buying but probably will despite the nightmare romance that has been owning a French bicycle from the 1970s.

:nope Swiss Made on the dial.
:ohyeah Made in GDR on the dial.

I always nod in agreement when I find a GUB that has "Made in GDR" on the dial but "Made in Germany" on the caseback.
[close]

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 03:06:43 AM by Kara »

Tasty

« Reply #4904 on: July 04, 2018, 03:04:38 AM »

I understand the delusion, but let it go. Briefs are just panties.

I'm talking about underwear with pouches specifically designed to hold penises.

It's like saying a blouse and a men's T-shirt are the same.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #4905 on: July 04, 2018, 03:41:24 AM »

It's weird that #brands like Richard Mille (and the previously mentioned crime against humanity trading under the name Hublot) didn't so much upend the place Rolex occupies in popular consciousness as they just created a new space that's frankly incomprehensible to the average person. A sign of the times if ever there was one I suppose.

And that would be the last watch you'd ever have to buy so really what's a few thousand spread over 20+ years? :win

Tangent: I recently found a near mint GUB Spezimatic that I've been talking myself out of buying but probably will despite the nightmare romance that has been owning a French bicycle from the 1970s.

:nope Swiss Made on the dial.
:ohyeah Made in GDR on the dial.

I always nod in agreement when I find a GUB that has "Made in GDR" on the dial but "Made in Germany" on the caseback.
[close]
hah, so i attributed the success of hublot specifically because it is completely comprehensible to average consumer pretty much as bling, which you know is good, because celebrities wear it in ads/photo ops depicting what they wish their lives were like

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4906 on: July 04, 2018, 05:06:43 AM »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4907 on: July 04, 2018, 06:01:32 AM »
Day 3 of meeting my dad and we still haven't argued. It's almost like a miracle. :doge

Tasty

« Reply #4908 on: July 04, 2018, 08:05:00 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

But I don't wanna be a pirate. :(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4909 on: July 05, 2018, 12:31:37 PM »
Finally managed to get in touch with two banks on the East Coast, from Japan, which required I be coherent at midnight. Found out my account status and details. Now I can stop worrying about them for another year.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4910 on: July 05, 2018, 07:25:38 PM »
Played a football pickup game today and absolutely destroyed everyone despite not having played for 4 or 5 months. :ego

I am gonna be so sore tomorrow. :goty2

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4911 on: July 05, 2018, 09:36:46 PM »
Do you feel like you got hit by a truck? Nope? Not the flu.

No baby back bitch whining in the triumph thread
dur

BisMarckie

« Reply #4912 on: July 06, 2018, 12:19:54 PM »
Not as sore as I thought :rejoice

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4913 on: July 06, 2018, 01:02:49 PM »
My company bought everyone access to Lynda.com, now to leverage some new training to leave the company :doge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4914 on: July 06, 2018, 01:11:01 PM »
I think I have the flu. 

Worked out anyways, and even made some gainz.

In July? lolz

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4915 on: July 06, 2018, 01:17:56 PM »
People were mean to me on this forum but I somehow manged to survive it head held high.

stay safe
rub

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4916 on: July 06, 2018, 02:37:54 PM »
I posted on this forum the other day. Shaking rn.
©ZH

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #4917 on: July 08, 2018, 01:31:30 AM »
i survived not one but two trips to ikea in under 10 days

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4918 on: July 08, 2018, 11:08:37 AM »
Visited a craft brewery and charcuterie place, after playing my first game of Netrunner since it first came out in 1996. Wandered around a new Tokyo neighborhood and found new places to visit next time.

shosta

« Reply #4919 on: July 10, 2018, 12:56:00 AM »
Had raising cane's :rejoice
每天生气