Author Topic: Anybody NOT in a relationship currently?  (Read 33391 times)

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead
Re: Anybody NOT in a relationship currently?
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2006, 07:41:55 PM »
OR grow some balls, BZ. I like you, you seem like a nice guy, but you'll bend over backwards for that chick no matter how poorly she treats you. This is like those cheesy Disney movies where the kids try to stop dad from marrying the wrong woman. :-\
BKO

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2006, 07:44:54 PM »
OR grow some balls, BZ. I like you, you seem like a nice guy, but you'll bend over backwards for that chick no matter how poorly she treats you. This is like those cheesy Disney movies where the kids try to stop dad from marrying the wrong woman. :-\

BZ is a nice and caring guy. It pains me to see someone take advantage of him like this. You should seriously consider postponing the wedding at least.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2006, 07:45:33 PM »
I'm not in denial i know full well what i'm doing and what actions i am taking. Like i said i'm a giver. I give and give and give till i have nothing left to give. I've tried that whole "well if you want things harder in your life i'll leave" and she just uses it against me by saying she'll go find someone else who's a better man than i am. Thing is i dont believe theres another man on earth that cares for her as much as i do.

Love is one powerful drug either way. It can be the best thing in the world when you have it. And the most addicting habit forming drug that makes you do things you'd never do otherwise. I thought she'd changed for the better. Then she said i was pressuring her . I laid off things for a while. And still its hard for her to accept that i'm a good person.

So any little thing she can say is bad about me she does. She uses everything against me. Weither it be little or small it belittle's me and discourages me greatly. Hence why i'm a fucking mess and coming on the internet to express how i feel. I dont have anyone close enough to even talk about these things with besides a councelor.

I'll always be a giver I cant stop that unfortunately. So i'm stuck in this situation.

Trust me i've got balls but this girl is my fucking Kryptonite man. I'm pretty much superman if put my best foot forward.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2006, 07:50:07 PM »
You're a slave, Toby.

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2006, 08:00:31 PM »
I'm not in denial i know full well what i'm doing and what actions i am taking. Like i said i'm a giver. I give and give and give till i have nothing left to give. I've tried that whole "well if you want things harder in your life i'll leave" and she just uses it against me by saying she'll go find someone else who's a better man than i am. Thing is i dont believe theres another man on earth that cares for her as much as i do.

Love is one powerful drug either way. It can be the best thing in the world when you have it. And the most addicting habit forming drug that makes you do things you'd never do otherwise. I thought she'd changed for the better. Then she said i was pressuring her . I laid off things for a while. And still its hard for her to accept that i'm a good person.

So any little thing she can say is bad about me she does. She uses everything against me. Weither it be little or small it belittle's me and discourages me greatly. Hence why i'm a fucking mess and coming on the internet to express how i feel. I dont have anyone close enough to even talk about these things with besides a councelor.

I'll always be a giver I cant stop that unfortunately. So i'm stuck in this situation.

Trust me i've got balls but this girl is my fucking Kryptonite man. I'm pretty much superman if put my best foot forward.

She sounds mean.  :-\

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2006, 08:01:19 PM »
B'z-chan needs to stop fagging up this board with this bleeding heart shit so much, seriously.

morphix

• Let's make a deal
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2006, 08:26:21 PM »
how come you all have such hard times meeting women?

You don't look like an ugly bunch (well Phoenix Dark could be ugly, all this time and he can't find a webcam or a picture phone and post his pic?) how do you not meet women?

BUN

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2006, 08:31:50 PM »
I find it difficult, because I don't know where to look. According to Willco, though, I should go to L.A.  :P

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2006, 08:34:44 PM »

You don't look like an ugly bunch (well Phoenix Dark could be ugly, all this time and he can't find a webcam or a picture phone and post his pic?) how do you not meet women?

I dunno, beyond college, it starts getting pretty hard to meet women.  There are none where I work, and I don't really go anywhere where they are.  Record store?  They don't really go in there, and if they do, it's some teeny boppers.  Book store?  Sorry... pretty much shit out of luck there too.  Home theater/hi-fi stores?  Heh, get the fuck outta here!  Okay, so maybe I'm not really looking at all, but it's pretty hard to meet them outside of the social settings of school.
sig

Polari

« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2006, 08:36:56 PM »

I dunno, beyond college, it starts getting pretty hard to meet women.  There are none where I work, and I don't really go anywhere where they are.  Record store?  They don't really go in there, and if they do, it's some teeny boppers.  Book store?  Sorry... pretty much shit out of luck there too.  Home theater/hi-fi stores?  Heh, get the fuck outta here!  Okay, so maybe I'm not really looking at all, but it's pretty hard to meet them outside of the social settings of school.

Parties?

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2006, 08:37:43 PM »
What if we don't like parties?  :(

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2006, 08:39:41 PM »
Parties?

Nah, I don't go for parties.  In general, I don't really like people.  Wait a minute... I think I found my problem!  Thanks bro!  :lol

sig

Polari

« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2006, 08:41:30 PM »
Everyone likes parties. The only people who say they don't like parties are the ones that never get invited to them.

The fact I'm listening to Andrew W.K.'s "Long Live the Party" right now is just an amazing coincidence, I swear.

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2006, 08:42:05 PM »
Everyone likes parties. The only people who say they don't like parties are the ones that never get invited to them.

The fact I'm listening to Andrew W.K.'s "Long Live the Party" right now is just a coincidence, I swear.

:lol :'(

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2006, 08:43:37 PM »

Come out with me and we'll hit up some gay bars.

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

You're on!  :-*

morphix

• Let's make a deal
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2006, 08:46:41 PM »
methinks rodi's standers are too high.
BUN

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2006, 08:47:31 PM »

methinks that too.  :( :'(

edit: ...wait a second, no I don't!!!  >:(
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 08:49:02 PM by rodi »

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2006, 08:50:15 PM »

The fact I'm listening to Andrew W.K.'s "Long Live the Party" right now is just an amazing coincidence, I swear.

I used to hang out with people who did the party scene, but I don't drink and I don't smoke, so they quit bugging me after a while.  Parties aren't very fun for squares like me.  But I don't hang out with anyone like that anymore.  So, eh, I dunno.  I never really liked them.

I love Andrew W.K. though. :)  His meaning of party is more like just having fun with life though.
sig

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2006, 08:50:43 PM »

Parties?

After having attended some of these mythical parties over the past year or so, I can say that they're not so great for meeting women.  False advertising total.

MMA

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2006, 08:54:48 PM »
what the fuck?  Parties are awesome for meeting girls, you probably just lack the social skills needed for the party scene.

morphix

• Let's make a deal
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2006, 08:57:54 PM »

methinks that too.  :( :'(

edit: ...wait a second, no I don't!!!  >:(

I fail to see how a pretty girl like you isn't licking all the carpet you can handle right now.  You must be holding out for some sort of super model dyke.
BUN

APF

« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2006, 08:58:20 PM »
I'm not in denial i know full well what i'm doing and what actions i am taking. Like i said i'm a giver. I give and give and give till i have nothing left to give. I've tried that whole "well if you want things harder in your life i'll leave" and she just uses it against me by saying she'll go find someone else who's a better man than i am.

I'm no Lothario but if *anyone* said that to me they wouldn't have finished the sentence before the door shut in their face.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2006, 09:03:31 PM »
what the fuck?  Parties are awesome for meeting girls, you probably just lack the social skills needed for the party scene.

chat someone up for 10-15 minutes, get bored/she gets bored, move on, rinse, repeat.

oh, I invited a girl to a party three weeks ago.  Talked with her plenty, even danced with her for a song, when she decides to leave, I walk her back to her place.....then "k, bye, I'll call you".....ain't seen her since.  (and I did call her, but got the brushoff total)
MMA

Christopher

« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2006, 09:09:27 PM »
make connections and talk to people hell I made my central college group of all strangers I met in partys and what not.  My best friend Nick is a bitch and won't be an ice breaker so I'll always have to do it.  People want to talk you just gotta have the balls and do it.

like I said I pretend to be a bit more waisted than I am at partys sometimes so if I fail when I go up to someone I won't look like a total ass...I dunno it's just a bit easier for me I guess.

I met a lot of people around the beer pong tables just bullshitting, and a lot of them were girls too.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2006, 09:15:27 PM »

I'm not ugly at all. Like I said, many girls have smiled as I walk by on campus. So I doubt looks are the problem.

The problem is that I'm quiet, layed back, somewhat invisible, etc. I notice the most popular guys in my classes are always loud, borderline rude, and cool. They say something and everyone laughs. They just have this level of command that I can only dream of. Christopher strikes me as one of these guys.

I've been told that I'm really nice. Just today I was talking to the next door neighbors, and one of them asked if I could "mentor" his kids. First time I've talked to him and he wants me to hang out with his sons and keep them out of trouble (and "off that damned MySpace"). This constantly happens to me. Some of my mom's friends have hit on me, and praised my mature attitude and shit. Yet I can't get an 18year old chick to notice me.

Christopher

« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2006, 09:19:28 PM »
Nah that's not me PD, but I have PLENTY of my freinds that are like that...and perhaps by association I can be percieved by that but I'm generally I'm just myself man, and girls like that.

ALOT of people think I'm someone like that before they get to know me :shrugs: I've been told plenty of times I appear to be an asshole/rude by perception.

Don't front, and be someone your not, be honest and open and have something interesting to talk about, (which Boogie should have NO problem in at all). 

Also another thing I think most of you have is probably have huge ass high standards when it comes to girls.  Not saying get with an ugly ass cow, but if a girl is ok looking, likes YOU, likes YOUR jokes, and generally is just a nice person, go for it.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2006, 09:19:50 PM »
Once you realize how most girls are shy and nymphomaniacs it's easy.  Not much fun but easy.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2006, 09:22:15 PM »
Most girls AREN'T shy OR nymphomaniacs. Or was your response intended for a different thread -- maybe the Bush Farts one?
duc

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2006, 09:25:54 PM »
Most girls AREN'T shy OR nymphomaniacs. Or was your response intended for a different thread -- maybe the Bush Farts one?
You've never met a girl that pretended to be dumb?

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2006, 09:27:52 PM »

You're on!  :-*

If they're filled with nothing but nasty bulldykes, I will keep you company. :tophat

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2006, 09:28:13 PM »
Nah that's not me PD, but I have PLENTY of my freinds that are like that...and perhaps by association I can be percieved by that but I'm generally I'm just myself man, and girls like that.

ALOT of people think I'm someone like that before they get to know me :shrugs: I've been told plenty of times I appear to be an asshole/rude by perception.

Don't front, and be someone your not, be honest and open and have something interesting to talk about, (which Boogie should have NO problem in at all). 

Also another thing I think most of you have is probably have huge ass high standards when it comes to girls.  Not saying get with an ugly ass cow, but if a girl is ok looking, likes YOU, likes YOUR jokes, and generally is just a nice person, go for it.

I still have problems initiating conversation. I can be sitting next to a girl and know EXACTLY what I want to say to her ("so, what did you think about the test...did you finish the homework...etc), but I can't get the words out. Sometimes I do pull it off, and whenever I do it works perfectly. But usually I just sit there, doing nothing, only to hear some other dude say what I'm thinking.

High standards...I'm sort of guilty of that. Sure I'd love to have a hot latina girlfriend. Instead I need to aim for the somewhat thick girls or quiet girls, and move from there. I just need to start up a conversation with them, and see what happens. And just build on that.

Error Macro

• Has Raimi-itis!
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2006, 09:28:44 PM »
You've never met a girl that pretended to be dumb?

If pretending to be dumb meant being shy and a nympho, then everyone would be fucking in basements right now.
sig

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2006, 09:30:15 PM »
be honest and open and have something interesting to talk about, (which Boogie should have NO problem in at all). 

heh, you know, it's funny, I have definitely improved in this regard.  At certain times and on certain subjects, I'm sure I could talk someone's head off now.  But in those situations I'm not that great at keeping the girl engaged in the conversation.

Aww, fuck it, I'm just rationalizing.  I'm a perfectly sociable man who's just a freak of nature in being unable to "seal the deal" :P

(and no, the "standards too high" thing certainly doesn't apply)

dammit, you've got me making SERIOUS REPLIES now, LOLZ.
MMA

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2006, 09:30:22 PM »
If pretending to be dumb meant being shy and a nympho, then everyone would be fucking in basements right now.
The nympho part didn't make sense.

Christopher

« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2006, 09:31:12 PM »
PD just do it.  Test it out, what can hurt?  Believe me dude EVERYONE wants to talk (I'd say about 95% wants to talk) just no one wants to push the ball first, sometimes you gotta be the one to do that.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2006, 09:36:05 PM »
PD just do it.  Test it out, what can hurt?  Believe me dude EVERYONE wants to talk (I'd say about 95% wants to talk) just no one wants to push the ball first, sometimes you gotta be the one to do that.

I'm definitely going to go for it whenever possible. I'm afraid of rejection, but is someone really going to reject you from a simple conversation?

With many girls I can't help but be a little afraid of them. Maybe that's not the best way of putting it, but I can definitely look at a chick and see she's out of my league, at which point I just give up.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2006, 10:44:35 PM »
I'm in two relationships.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2006, 10:48:33 PM »
I'm in two relationships.

O'RLY
 :shh :shh *wink*

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2006, 11:03:47 PM »
ZomBZ, you sound very passive-aggressive.  You really shouldn't marry this chick.
HOT

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2006, 11:05:18 PM »
I'm afraid of rejection, but is someone really going to reject you from a simple conversation?

"Hey, how'd you do on that quiz"

"You're ugly and reek of sweat"

"..."

"I hate you more each minute"

"..."

"Could you PLEASE die now?"
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2006, 11:09:41 PM »
:(

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2006, 03:18:56 AM »
:shh :shh
Sounds stupid.  get assraped for something like that.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2006, 03:28:37 AM »
:shh :shh
Sounds stupid.  get assraped for something like that.
Like you're anyone to speak of stupidity.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2006, 03:31:55 AM »
I don't do this.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2006, 03:37:51 AM »
I don't do this.
And this proves what exactly?

etiolate

« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2006, 03:41:01 AM »
wtf

People are not themselves at parties at all, and you're supposed to be yourself to impress others? People are always acting out at parties, are intoxicated or are just looking to be something else for a night. Nevermind the fact that parties get loud and having a conversation of any worth is difficult.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2006, 03:47:43 AM »
Looking for a meaningful relationship, at a place where people are encouraged to do the dumbest things possible, is pointless. 

APF

« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2006, 07:55:58 AM »
"Be yourself' is weird advice that doesn't usually click with the person hearing it, but makes intuitive sense to the person saying it.  It's more like, "don't be afraid to open up and let down your guard," than it is, "embrace the person who doesn't talk to random people in the first place."

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2006, 07:59:50 AM »
wtf

People are not themselves at parties at all, and you're supposed to be yourself to impress others? People are always acting out at parties, are intoxicated or are just looking to be something else for a night. Nevermind the fact that parties get loud and having a conversation of any worth is difficult.

exactly

look at the non-existent success rate of any of these "advice" threads on GAF, these always make me laugh, since basically everything that people say is a contradiction ("be yourself!" "act cocky and funny, and confident!") and is meaningless

wtf do people expect, everyone will go through different situations and meet different unpredictable people in different environments, and that's mega-frustrating but a whole lot (if not all) of the odds are directed by pure blind luck... there is no way to foretell how they'll like or dislike you, they'll also have different tastes and some might enjoy total pompous assholes while others might prefer shy nice guys

and despite most of them being good willed, forum users who're basically total strangers in regards to your existence, can't offer a goddamn practical thing to you... and their view is basically that of the typical cynical young male, a very biased and short-sighted one

ultimately, only you knows how to improve your situation... other people's takes and views on the Internet are funny for entertainment, and maybe to glean a little inspiration from, but other than that unless they're ready to interact in your real life, they're useless and yer on your own, so swear by autodidacticism and don't kid yourself from the contrary

morphix

• Let's make a deal
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2006, 08:28:05 AM »
JoJo don't post in this thread again.  No one wants to read crazy theories from a tumor riddled mind.
BUN

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2006, 09:28:22 AM »
I dunno morphix, I bet his tumor has had more girlfriends than some of these guys LOL AM I RITe! Internet HUmor!
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2006, 10:01:23 AM »
wtf

exactly

look at the non-existent success rate of any of these "advice" threads on GAF, these always make me laugh, since basically everything that people say is a contradiction ("be yourself!" "act cocky and funny, and confident!") and is meaningless

wtf do people expect, everyone will go through different situations and meet different unpredictable people in different environments, and that's mega-frustrating but a whole lot (if not all) of the odds are directed by pure blind luck... there is no way to foretell how they'll like or dislike you, they'll also have different tastes and some might enjoy total pompous assholes while others might prefer shy nice guys

and despite most of them being good willed, forum users who're basically total strangers in regards to your existence, can't offer a goddamn practical thing to you... and their view is basically that of the typical cynical young male, a very biased and short-sighted one

ultimately, only you knows how to improve your situation... other people's takes and views on the Internet are funny for entertainment, and maybe to glean a little inspiration from, but other than that unless they're ready to interact in your real life, they're useless and yer on your own, so swear by autodidacticism and don't kid yourself from the contrary

Dammit, I agree with you. Parties seem to be all about acting. An imitation of life if you will.

Christopher

« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2006, 10:16:19 AM »
wtf

exactly

No, not exactly

What other advice do you want?  From the limited knowledge we have that's what works.  Most people just won't take the advice and just yes someone...you can't TEACH someone to act like this at a party, it happens, and that's EVERY advice someone will give you

Exactly.  We're giving basic advice, we're not a psychologist --we don't get paid for this shit, thus we're not analyzing someone's life we're just trying to help based on experience dude

Isn't this true with everything on the internet ... it's really up to anyone esp on a message board where there are really no personal connections made, you ask a basic question you get a basic answer...most people don't know the person on the other end, how on earth do you expect exact ground advice when the person in question is just words and numbers?

ultimately, only you knows how to improve your situation... other people's takes and views on the Internet are funny for entertainment, and maybe to glean a little inspiration from, but other than that unless they're ready to interact in your real life, they're useless and yer on your own, so swear by autodidacticism and don't kid yourself from the contrary.

Right, what the fuck do you want a psycho-anaylist on a person with we only know through an internet guise?

In short stop playing psychologist 101, because this is the internet and that's what your going to get plain jane advice ...we don't know these people as humans, only as numbers, letters, and words.  Thus, your going to only get advice that we know from interacting with real people.

Christopher

« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2006, 10:18:56 AM »
wtf

exactly

Dammit, I agree with you. Parties seem to be all about acting. An imitation of life if you will.

Um how many parties do you go to?  Most people at parties are there to have fun, dance, drink, and meet people...no one is being fake, you just see everyone with the party mask on.  Parties and regular conversing are two different things, and yes being yourself will help you at a party...when your at party at how you would at a party.

However, if something isn't going right in your life adapt how you are and try a new exetension of yourself.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2006, 10:42:44 AM »
I dunno, people dont really know who they are till maybe 24-ish. Thats people in general mind you.

I mean if youre just looking for some quick poke, by and large any drunken college party will serve. However any meaningful relationships tend to occur after, and that DO begin early are fairly rare.

Unfortunately finding people when 'yer all growed up' is complete new challenge.
o_0

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2006, 11:53:40 AM »
B'z-chan needs to stop fagging up this board with this bleeding heart shit so much, seriously.

;)
BKO

MrAngryFace

« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2006, 11:58:03 AM »
Didnt he get married?
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #179 on: October 04, 2006, 12:02:14 PM »
Didnt he get married?

Not yet. We need to all get together and capture the bride Saving Silverman style